Random Event it’s been a while, my friends
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
As Amalia butted in on the negotiation, Amun waggled his eyebrows at her before returning his attention to the merchant. ”I dunno. Sounds like she’s shirked you in the past, and already owes you one. Not sure she's good for it.” It’s on, kitty.

The merchant seemed to think so as well. Amun grinned easily as the other mentioned the bite wouldn’t do much for him. Winking, the Ascended felt a mischievous light enter his eyes. ”Oh, I think you’d enjoy yourself.” However, even as his smile gained a wicked edge, his tone grew more serious and thoughtful.

Glancing once again at the baker, the potter tried to come up with something that could beat her offer. Then he grinned lazily. ”Alright then. I offer you the power I’ve got stored inside me. I bit an Accepted at LongNight. I’ll use it on your behalf, in exchange for the glasses.” He shot Amalia a triumphant look, before turning a more serious expression on the merchant.

Amun offers the magic he has stored inside him for the glasses.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
there's light at the edge of the darkness
Setting the wine bottle down, Loren stared at the bear for a long moment. Then he smiled, though it had a bit of a sad edge to it. ”It has no magic of its own, but yes, it went through many adventures.” The words came out quietly.

Glancing up at the merchant, the summoner found himself wracking his brain. ”It was beloved of a boy, who used it to fight off the monsters that went bump in the night, and to go on many perilous journeys with dangers around every corner." Holding it in both hands now, the Launceleyn's smile broadened. "It kept him safe through all of it, until he didn't need it any more." It was all technically true.

Still, he figured he could sweeten the pot. "If it's magic you want, though, I've got plenty." Holding out a hand, palm up, an orb of water appeared above it.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
I took the stars from our eyes and I made a map
An expression of mock indignation crosses Amalia's face, who, me? written in the way she raises her hand to her chest, dark eyes glittering as she looks at Amun. "You'd question my hospitality after I rescued you from the Spire? I'm hurt."

Shaking her head the girl turns to Ianto, clearly unimpressed with Amun's follow-up offer. "And what- summon an angry elemental to thrash the cart? Waste the time of the gods and tell them it's Ianto's fault?" Seems like a gross misuse of power to her, really.

But at the same time, Amalia cannot offer any similar level of prowess, anything so shiny or impressive as a visit from a sprite. "My offer stands," the girl says softly, shrugging her narrow shoulders. "Friendship. Come over for dinner. I'll tell you stories of the Hollowed Grounds. It will be lovely." Her smile is genuine and sincere, her dark eyes soft as they look on the fox. Whether you give me something or not, she adds for only him to hear. I've missed you, friend.
And I knew that somehow I could
find my way back
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN
i am the remedy to your heart,
Little need for a commission from his wonderful guild? Bastien was offended and for a moment considered marching off, but the parchment and it's mystery kept him at the wagon, sighing as he thought of what else he could offer.

"Alright then. How about this: If you come to the guild on a night we are having a party, you can be the guest of honour. You will drink well, be treated like a King...and if you wish, will have fantastic attention paid to you in our more intimate event." Bastien gestured loosely with his hand, sure Ianto could imagine what it was he meant by this.
I am the carbon collected.
I am the printed upon your stars.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059

R E M I

Instead of arguing as Ronin traded away something that might serve them well for years to come for something that would likely satisfy Ronin's belly for all of five minutes, the alchemist didn't argue. Instead he merely raised a brow, fixing his husband with a pointed but adoring look, before turning back to Ianto to see how this bartering would be received.

Well, it seemed.

As the scrap of jerky was handed over, Remi offered it to Ronin as if it were gold-leafed unicorn jerky rather than the scrap of absolutely nothing that it was. "Your feast." The alchemist said solemnly, before grinning roguishly. "Now if only we had something to sit on we could make this a picnic...a carpet would do...alas.."
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
Smiling in satisfaction at her success, Wessex is somewhat tickled to find the gauntlets will do absolutely nothing to help her. That’s what she gets! Taking the gloves in hand, she offers a wink to Iano. “Likewise. Come find me whenever you’re ready.” With a nod to the others, Wessex leaves the group to their bargaining and heads back to her little shack, not quite sure what to do with her prize, but otherwise fairly amused.
she's pullin' the trigger
cause it's me and the moon, she says
and i have no trouble with that
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
Face of a saint. Lips of a sinner
Lily claps her hands in delight as Ianto hands over the jar of starlight, utterly caught up in the sparkles that shine through the glass container. Not entirely sure what she’ll do with it, the entertainer is nevertheless happy to have something decorate her home. She cradles the jar like a precious thing and looks up at the fox with a smile. “You know where I live. Hope to see you soon, Ianto.” Because she knows he'll love the song.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"I'll be back in a bit, then! Don't vanish on me before you get your dinner!" He teased with a wink, but there was a pulse of honest concern through the Attuned bond as well. Curiosity was eating him alive, wondering where Ianto had gone and what things he had seen in the time he'd been away, but such questions would go better with a meal and a cider, and Jigano waved to his fellow fox before trotting back towards home, shifting to raven form when he was out of sight of those gathered and winging his way back to the farmhouse - which luckily wasn't too far away.

The twilight visit had timed things perfectly for dinner, the pot pies just coming off the hearth while Jigano explained why he'd be taking one and running. Luckily his mate seemed amused by his trade, and the bard quickly wrapped the pie up in a towel to keep it warm, depositing it and a bottle of cider into a basket for his return. It was a bit too heavy to fly with in his raven-form, but horse-form proved a swift means of travel, the basket's handle held delicately in his teeth until he returned to the edge of the gathering of those who remained after completing their trades. The pot pie was still warm, and the cider still chilled, and Jigano cleaned the handle before he offered the basket with a flourish as he accepted the square of silk in return with a devilish grin. "A fair trade, indeed! Thank you, Ianto!"

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
WISHING WAGON
Ianto watched, equal parts amused and warmed by the offers and counter offers made by his friends and new acquaintances. The trades were handed out and their costs noted down, before the fox cocked an ear to listen to the final bids for his wares. He grinned between Amun and Amalia, humming in anticipation, before tipping a wink to the Ascended. "You've swayed me - I'll be sure to contact you when I need a god channelled. The glasses are yours, friend." A furtive glance at Amalia - he would of course love to take up her offer of a meal and a good chit-chat - and the mischief in his eyes told that maybe she wouldn't want the glasses anyways.

Now for Loren - Ianto's brows rose at hearing the story behind the bear. "No no, worry not for magic, friend. Such a token is more than worthy of a lucky rabbit's foot. Enjoy!"

Finally, Bastien received Ianto's bright blue stare, and a slow, golden grin crept across the fox's face. "Go on then," he said. "Take your parchment."

That of course left Kaimana. "It appears, my friend, that all I have left is this carpet, recently traded back to me. It is yours!"

It looks like all trades are completed! Hooray!

Amun receives: Glasses | Glasses that make the world blurry when worn

Loren receives: Lucky Rabbit's Foot | Reduces luck by -5

Bastien receives: Magical two-way parchment | Two pieces of parchment that will always show what is written on the other piece.

Kaimana receives: Carpet | Can fly with 2 human-sized creatures on it.  Can only reach a maximum height of 20ft

The RE will be open for a further 72 hours if you'd like to leave more responses. :) Thanks for playing everyone!

Coding base by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Change author:
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Amun grinned, and nodded when the merchant accepted the potter’s trade. Then, though, he actually placed the glasses on his nose, and everything went blurry. Well, fuck.

However, his grin didn’t falter in the slightest. ”Thanks mate.” Turning to Amalia, the grin broadened, if such a thing were possible. He also winked for good measure.”Better luck next time, kitty.” His tone was positively gleeful.

With that, the Ascended took off the glasses, and slid them, along with his hands, into his pockets. He nodded at everyone gathered, before turning to saunter away. Whistling a jaunty sea shanty, he made his way through the night, steps even and sure as he headed for his destination.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
there's light at the edge of the darkness
Loren gladly handed over the teddy bear for the lucky rabbit's foot. Holding it up, he smiled gratefully at the merchant. "Thanks." The summoner's smile faltered. "Find him a new home, okay? One where he'll be well loved, and protect another boy?" Nodding at the bear, he pocketed the rabbit's foot, then turned to the rest of the group.

Oliver, Amalia, Remi, Jigano, Bastien, and Sunjata all got smiles of their own. Ronin got a careful and cautious nod. Then the Launceleyn waved at everyone. It seemed that everything was pretty much wrapped up here. So Loren picked up his sack, and with one last grin, wandered off back to the Manor. However, his mind kept straying to the fact that Beatrix and Jace were gone, and Zariah was on the prowl.

By the time he returned home, his eyes had grown distant and haunted.
loren

Coding base by Sky!