Mini Event We Can't Choose How We're Made
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN
It appeared at the dead of night.

Bastien stepped into the temple, breath held, glancing side to side to see if he was going to bump into any late night worshippers in the hall of the Gods. It seemed quiet, for the moment. Slowly, with great reverence as if doing an act that would go down in history, he carried his canvas down between the pews; like Christ carrying the cross, he thought, self-indulgently.

He'd brought things to hang it with, wanting to do much more than just place it inside the temple; no, it had to be confronting, noticeable. Defiant in it's positioning: if he positioned it just right, the light from the window would shine through and make it appear almost illuminated. He'd always had a gift for performance and that side of him took over, demanding this be more than just a gallery showing. It took a while to rig everything up right, though with Rexanna's help it was an easier job that he had expected. How wonderful to have a wife that understood his artistic desires so!

The painting depicted the Voice in a soft focus, in a pose not entirely distant from the Saints of his world, though that had not been intentional. Colour and light sang from the canvas, swift brush strokes creating something at once vague and intensely detailed. A blue crackling light illuminated the figure from the back and The Voice fixed the viewer with a steady, confident gaze, almost like she was daring them to say something.

When he was finished displaying his work, the early morning light was filtering in and the painting was suspended above the shrine, bold and unapologetic. He thought the meaning clear, though he had added a caption, a piece of paper on a pedestal a few feet before it which read:

"The first in a series of paintings of all the honourable Gods of Caido: The Voice. Each painting will be hung here in turn, for a week; then moved to the side of the temple."

This was true. If there was no strong reaction to his work, he would go on to make the other Gods too. After all, the point was the show The Voice as an option equal to any other.

He suspected it would at least get people talking, if not be taken down swiftly...in which case he would not paint the others. Petty, perhaps, but he was not going to honour followers of other Gods with an honour they would not give him.

He had not signed the piece, though it would be pretty obvious whose hand had made it; he was not really trying to hide. Bastien stood to the side of the temple, out of the way, arms crossed, waiting to see if anyone would enter, and what their reaction would be.
Some people can't get success with their art
Some people never feel love in their heart
Some people can't tell the two things apart
But I keep rollin' on
Base Code by Sky!
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Loren normally prayed at the Oasis whenever he could. He’d been studying at the Medical College, though, and had decided to swing by the shrine on his way home. However, he was not at all prepared for the sight that greeted him on the way to the altar: a giant portrait of the woman whom he now knew to be The Voice.

He couldn’t help his reaction; he burst out laughing, practically doubling over. When it finally subsided, he wiped the tears from his eyes, then shook his head with one last chuckle. Glancing around, he saw Bastien standing in the corner. Shrugging at the Ascended man, the summoner turned back to his course. Kneeling down briefly, he bowed his head. ”Thank you for your blessings, Frey.” Then the corner of the Launceleyn’s lips quirked up. ”And I hope you like your eventual portrait.” Letting out another huff of laughter, he turned and headed towards the entrance to the Temple.
LOREN
Books over brawn
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
full moon rising on the waters of my soul
Amun normally didn’t spend much time in the Temple. There were other, better places to speak to The Voice, so there was almost never any need for the potter to go there. However, he caught word of an art installation that had been set up when a pair of women walked past muttering about it angrily.

Anything that annoyed people was enough to get his attention, especially if it involved art. So he braved the sunlight, and made his way from his studio to the Temple. When he saw the portrait of The Voice, he grinned, then turned to find who he knew had to be the creator of this particular piece.

It didn't take long to spot Bastien. The potter walked up to his fellow Ascended, and rested a hand on the other man's shoulder. "Nice work, handsome." Amun winked, then released the other man and went to lean against a nearby pillar, interested to see how others reacted.
amun

Coding base by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DELPHIA
Meandering, as Delphia was wont to do, she found herself eventually at the temple of the hollowed grounds. Curiosity struck, wondering how those who had been trapped for three hundred years celebrated the gods, and namely the Heralds that had stewarded their word for all those centuries. But upon arriving, she saw a painting of a woman she did not recognize. It was certainly not Safrin, nor was it one half of Rae. Her brows furrowed as she found a notice.

The Voice.

Delphia looked up at it again, tilting her head slightly. So, that was what she looked like? She barely looked an adult (not that she was one to speak, for her own stick straight frame only carried off the impression of maturity thanks to her height). Haunted grey eyes glanced over to a man, one she assumed to be the artist. ”Why would you hang a painting of the soul-stealer?” she asked, curious why she was being revered when she tortured the dead of her own people.
Here in the forest dark and deep
I offer you
Eternal Sleep
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
BASTIEN
Bastien did not know Loren well; his reaction was a surprise in that it was odd, but he simply laughed in return. Laughter was not a bad response for someone to have, after all: At least it was still joyful, still affected the emotions.

Amun's approach was more expected. After all, Bastien expected the most positive responses from his fellow Ascended. He grinned at the hand on his shoulder and clapped his on on Amun's back. "Thank you. I am rather proud of the likeness." He hoped more of their family would come to see; this was meant to be a moment for them, after all.

The third person to come would be his first critic, it seemed. Bastien did not recognise Delphia, did not know if she was a devotee of the Old Gods, neutral on the whole matter...the idea she might be a Demi-God did not even cross his mind. The question she asked though, admittedly not one he'd heard before, seemed to firmly land her in an 'anti-Voice' camp.

"Soul stealer? I cannot say I know what you mean. I still have my soul intact right here." He pressed a hand to his chest. "I hang the painting because she is my Goddess and this is a place of worship."
But I keep rollin' on
Base Code by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DELPHIA
Delphia stared openly at Bastien, a bit unnervingly given she did not blink her haunted gaze once in the moments that passed. "I see. You are an Ascended then." she said, for she couldn't logic any reason why he would insert himself into the situation she posed if he did not identify with it. But then, her blank stare melted, expression softening. Though her lips didn't quite curve to a smile, it shone brightly in her eyes. "Of course your soul is there. You're not dead." she said softly, looking at the painting once more. It held her gaze for a time before she looked back at the artist.

But her gaze had changed. Though still warm and loving, there was a melancholic hint to her eyes, as though looking at something she loved while knowing something painful would happen to it. "Your goddess does not allow the soul of her Ascended to reach Mort. A soul that does not reside within the realm of death can never truly rest." she explained softly.
Here in the forest dark and deep
I offer you
Eternal Sleep
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
A little surprised it had not been painfully obvious already that he was Ascended, Bastien just nodded to Delphia's statement. Would anyone else paint a picture of The Voice? Outside of their family she seemed to be either ignored or hated. Though he was having a hard time figuring out which side of that coin Delphia stood on as she looked back up to his work with her soft, mysterious smile, apparently agreeing with him on the position of his soul.

It seemed when she gave her explanation she was genuinely sad about the news she had to impart; Bastien responded with an equally gentle smile. "Does it occur to you I might want my soul to stay with my Goddess instead, for I love serving her? Mort has not done anything for me." Looking back to the shrine, his smile grew a little. "The Voice will look after my soul very well, I am sure."
But I keep rollin' on
Base Code by Sky!