[GGE] [Open] a little bit of this, a little bit of that
open (to everyone but bastien)
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
When Oliver had drawn his person's paper out of the bowl, well, he was perplexed. What the man had requested was simple in a way. The ascended had asked for something to decorate the outside of his Guild. A useful item, one that would obviously need to be colorful and eye-catching. The hard part about it was figuring out what exactly to do. Of course, he couldn't just buy a blue sheet of cloth, hell no. That's...embarrassing. Considering the fact that Oliver had plans of requesting to join the man's guild, he needed to do something that was artistic. Handmade.

So, that left him with two plans. One would be to find a gigantic thick cloth that he could paint or find a canvas or sheet of wood that he could paint. Yeah, he probably should go to someone he knows that can create something at whim, but that's too easy. Instead, he set out into the market area, a bag filled with items to barter with. He'd be searching for something to use as a canvas as well as the materials needed to bring it to life. Either he'd be looking for more fabric, string, or paint. Paint was what he was leaning towards, but honestly anything would work. The project would take a long time so Oliver set out bright and early, when the sun hadn't completely risen so there was a nice cool breeze.

Looking around, Oliver searched for each of the materials, ideas running through his head of what to actually theme his project around.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING
Nat haniel Sterling
Hunter

Age: 37 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 1 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 9 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: kae Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
sons could be birds,
taken broken up to the mountain
Night lay thick on the ground when Nathaniel had left his house. The walk to the settlement was long enough, despite his generous stride, that dawn had crested the horizon by the time he arrived. A flurry of activity already stirred in the marketplace as merchants hurried to set up their stalls and a few intrepid folk came around to browse.

Nathaniel regarded the marketplace as something of a necessary evil. He had never been very good at haggling, had never been very much of a salesman, and frankly despised dealing with most strangers at all. Yet here he was, the sun still awakening behind him, setting out the last of the previous season's furs and trying to decide which was worse - interest or lack thereof.

Fortunately, there was still enough chill in the air to gather a few looks from passers-by. After a few hours, Nate's inventory was looking considerably more sparse. The rucksack he kept slung over his shoulder was, by contrast, considerably more full, and someone had offered him a goat once he managed to hike over to their place and retrieve it.

He was feeling optimistic, which was maybe why he called out to the slim young man he noticed browsing a few paces away. "You look cold," Nate called out to him, hoping to catch his attention.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
So far, nothing was really catching his eye or well, nothing that he actually needed. Yeah, there were pretty scarves and other things that he'd like, but now was not the time to get things for himself. Right now, he needed to focus on getting his person their gift. Honestly, he was a bit excited to actually do this, hopeful that what he had planned would fulfill Bastien's wishes. Alas, nothing was really working. He couldn't use the Guild's supplies seeing as Bastien would find out, leaving him to rely strongly on the idea that someone in the market would happen to have everything he needed.

A voice next to him called out, obviously addressing him as nobody else was really in the same vacinity. Turning his head, he saw a man who seemed to be trading furs. Now, if this hadn't been a time for gift giving, he'd absolutely take one. Oliver had learned from Sunjata that furs were amazing. Taking a couple steps closer, Oliver decided to at least properly give the man a response. "Unfortunately, no. I have a list of things I really need to get and furs really wont work in this case." That was going to be the end of it until an idea dawned on Oliver. "But, if you're willing to help me out, I will get a fur from you."
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Nat haniel Sterling
Hunter

Age: 37 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
sons could be birds,
taken broken up to the mountain
So, Nathaniel doesn't really care to know what the stranger is doing. A no would have sufficed, or just being ignored, but instead he gets this assumption of friendliness, as if offering something up in return for the things he needs to survive is an invitation to talk. Fortunately, though, the day has been good so far and the stranger is a ridiculous shade of earnest, and Nathaniel finds him more amusing than irritating.

Nate tilts his head, something like a smirk creasing one side of his mouth. "So you want me to help you out, so you can take something of mine?" A note of frank amusement evident in his voice. It's a tone he rarely is able to take, a tone of don't you know how any of this works? But then, making Nathaniel feel somewhat accomplished may be the only thing Outlanders are good for.

"You're not from around here, are you?" A brief glance past over Oliver's shoulder, at the small crowd milling to and fro. Then Nathaniel's gaze returns to the stanger's pale hair, his carefully shaped features. They aren't unpleasant, really. Pleasant enough to keep looking at, at least. "What do you need help with?" Nate wonders.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Yes, Oliver was terribly new and honestly a bit clueless at times. He struggled a bit with actually making good decisions and his haggling skills were lacking in most departments. Still, he felt like he could at least get something out of the fur seller. "Not give them to me. I have things to offer you in return, of course. So you'll be getting way more stuff, but before I can do that I need these things." It...wasn't the greatest of offers, not at all.

Oliver wasn't entirely sure how to respond to his question. Was...he trying to mock him? Obviously, he hadn't made the best of impressions. With a sheepish expression, Oliver couldn't help but shrug. "Yeah...not from here at all. I've only been here for really one season, still figuring this stuff out." Did that mean this man was a natural? That could be likely. Oliver hadn't actually gotten the chance to really get to know any naturals. His eyes widen as the stranger questions what he's looking for. Eager for any kind of guidance, Oliver responded with an upbeat attitude. "I need paint and a canvas. Maybe paintbrushes? But the other two stuff works fine. Honestly, a big blank tapestry would work perfect."
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Nat haniel Sterling
Hunter

Change author:
The weakness we left behind
seems to be getting stronger
Things. He has things to offer. The side of Nathaniel's mouth which is trying not to laugh twitches. The stranger might as well have Outlander tattooed across his forehead. Or maybe just con, except he isn't very good at it, and he's small enough and earnest enough to get away with it. Nate shakes his head, a soft rush of air which might be a chuckle escaping his throat.

"Well," he says (kindly, for Nate), "Frostfall is the worst of them." So the stranger is lucky, or smart, or both. He is, at least, intriguing enough to keep Nate's attention. And sometimes that is all one needs.

"What do you need all this for, anyway?" Nate wonders, his eyes flicking up from Oliver's face to the market around them. "I think there's an artist's guild, or something… I can show you where it is." As he speaks, he is already in the process of turning, wheels clicking slowly in his head, as he tries to remember where that strange man - Bastien? - holds court.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Of course, Oliver wasn't the sort to con people. He may appear to be clueless....which he was, but he would never steal something from another person. Usually, he'd try to pay his friends back in favors, such as maybe inviting them out for a picnic. Oliver didn't realize how untrustworthy he appeared to be, nor how stupid his idea actually was. He made tons of mistakes and desperately needed to realize the couple he might've just made.

There is a nod and a faint smile on his face. "Yeah, when I arrived everything was freezing. Snow was everywhere and honestly....I don't think I would've survived if I hadn't been found. I mean, I was clueless and disoriented. Hell, still am." He wasn't going to mention the memoryloss bit, worried that he could be used for that fact. Many people had been kind to him, but he couldn't help but worry that someone would manipulate him using his lack of memory.

At the mention of the artist's guild, the blonde immediately shook his head. "No, no. I actually cant go to them." He would've if this wasn't a special case. "I'm...making a gift for someone. I'm in a gift exchange and my person asked for art and well....they happen to frequent the guildhall. They'd be suspicious if they saw me there." Great job, Oliver. Already revealing who your person is AND to an absolute stranger!

"Like I said, if you help me I can give you everything that I haven't already traded away to get the materials. Hell, I can even do labor for you or do a loan of sorts. Like....I can pay you back later in whatever you want." Yes, he was that desperate.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Nat haniel Sterling
Hunter

Change author:
The weakness we left behind
seems to be getting stronger
Nate just sort of shrugs. "Caido is a weird place," he offers. He has never been very good at sympathy. Anyway — he feels clueless most of the time, himself. The trick is in ignoring the shit he doesn't like to think about too hard.

He's just about ready to lead the way to the guild when the stranger trips him up, and Nate cocks a confused eye back at him. "Oh," he says. "The gift thing. A friend of mine was doing that." Suddenly he stops, his expression becoming shrewd, and he leans in slightly. "Your name's not Peter, is it?" And if it was? Nate would have absolutely no use for this information, save a face to put to the name. Fortunately for Oliver, of course, Nathaniel no more knows the identities of those involved in the artist's guild than he has interest in ruining the secrecy of the exchange. He doesn't much understand the point, except it is some kind of Fiat Lux happiness thing. Fiat Lux was never his favorite holiday.

But maybe it is in the spirit of the season to help this stranger out. Nathaniel blinks, expressionless, through the plea for help. Accepting the offer would probably be about as useful as allowing Adam to room with him had been, but — he does miss Adam just a little, doesn't he? It was interesting, in its own way. And this particular Outlander is more appealing than Adam was at first impression.

Well, Nate doesn't have plans for the rest of the day, anyway.

He rubs his chin, a few days' worth unshaven stubble rough against his palm. "I guess," he says, unwilling to sound too helpful. "I might have some old canvas at home. I don't know about paint." For some reason, he thinks about asking Amalia, but he hasn't seen her in so long. Maybe it's best to hope someone in the market has pigment.
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
That's enough of a response and it's a fair one too. "Oh hell yeah it is. I'm getting used to it, though. I mean look at me, already trying to barter." He's not the best at bartering, far from it, but he's done well enough to get himself some nice things in the past. Plus, he helped out Harper, so that must be worth something.

There is a raise of his eyebrow. He wanted to know who this friend was and who on earth Peter was. He had never met a Peter since arriving, but considering he had no idea who that was, he probably wouldn't know who Nate was friends with. "No, my name is not Peter." That's when Oliver realized that he hadn't even introduced himself. Holding out a hand, Oliver offered the stranger a warm smile. "My name is Oliver." Hopefully, he'd receive a name in response.

Somehow, the man takes his offer and Oliver does a small dance in his head, happy that he was successful in bartering. "A canvas or hell, a tapestry would be great. I'm sure someone here sells paints of some sort." Well, now would be a nice time to have creation magic but of course, he isn't gifted with such a thing. Maybe someday he'd get a useful magic. "We could start with the paint? Since it'll probably be easy to find something to paint on."
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE