We Can Rebuild Him
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
You know I still like you the most
The best of the best
Sam agreed with The Voice about where the onus lay for making the conflict peaceful with those opposing them; after all they were very few compared to the rest of the world and had been poorly treated for a long time.

He noticed that The Voice seemed uncomfortable about the questions he was asking; it made him feel bad, but he also felt new curiosity within. She was so rarely uncomfortable with questions, so casual about most knowledge...the Core had to be something special. "I'm just curious about our family. If..if there's another member, it's only natural for me to want to know them." With a faint smile, Samuel added: "I've found in this last year that letting my Ascended siblings into my life has been very good indeed, overall."
and the worst of the worst
You'll always be my favorite ghost
SAMuEL
Base Code by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the VOICE
In reality's shadow the blind see best
Seemingly soothed by this, the Voice let out a gentle breath and nodded. "Our family is indeed good, Sam. As for the Core...for now let me just say this, as I don't want to lie to you. The Core was part of me, but...isn't anymore. At least not quite so obviously. There will come a time when I can tell you more, I promise."
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
The best of the best
It seemed he was not going to learn much more today, but Sam nodded, knowing to be content with what he had been given. "Alright. I hope I get to meet them one day."

With that question asked and Sam antsy to get out of the Atheneum before anyone less understanding found him praying to the Voice at her shrine, he smiled and took a step back. "I think that's everything I need, for now. Thank you, um..oh...is it alright that I call you Mother? Is that strange to you? It's just.." He laughed awkwardly, hugging his arms. "You feel more like a mother to me than my biological one ever did."
SAMuEL
Base Code by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the VOICE
In reality's shadow the blind see best
To this, the Voice gave no reply leaving it ambiguous as to whether she approved of Sam’s desire to meet the Core or indeed whether such a thing was likely.

This latter statement however had the Voice tilting her head adoringly to the side, before stepping forward towards Sam. Running her fingers along the length of his arms, wrapped around himself as they were, she drew him to her. Though she was small, her size always seemed to be quite indiscriminate, and just now she seemed more than large enough to envelope him in a hug.

“Nothing would make me happier, Sam.” She whispered against his coppery hair.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
The best of the best
Sam returned The Voice's embrace with willingness and a smile on his face, closing his eyes as he felt her circle around him. This was different than the hugs he had shared with friends, with Nate - this was the ultimate protection of a Goddess, a Divine being, one he knew could care for him no matter what; would love him despite his mistakes (and he had made many).

"Alright. Then..." Slowly he pulled away, tears rimming the bottoms of his eyes. "I will see you soon, mother. Thank you."
SAMuEL
Base Code by Sky!