Come Into My Parlour [open]
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Age: 118 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

I linger near the edge of the woods, not yet satisfied enough to return home. Surely, there must be some like me, on the other side, waiting to explore. What would I like to be welcomed with? Something, surely, though I didn’t think of bringing anything with me before this very moment. I suppose I’ll have to make do.

The woods are a bounty, even this far away from their heart, and I whisper a soft thanks for each morsel I find. I set out a spread in the style of my mother, mushrooms and berries spread out on bits of fabric kept in my bag for this very reason, a wooden bowl filled with a floral tea, fresh petals floating on its surface. It is lovely looking, welcoming, and I hover above it all, sitting lightly in a tree branch, waiting for a guest.

I do not think about how ominous this would seem to any passers by. In fact, I do everything in my power to not think about it, not after I’ve put so much work into setting it up. It will simply be a welcome surprise, and whoever comes across it will be grateful. (I also, very pointedly, do not think about how ominous that little thought is.
Tarasha
the adnascentia of my soul will crack the earth
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SuNjATA
the flood
The Greatwood is open again, and with it, he can spread his wings or use his shifts to dart through the vibrant woodlands. It’s better than Halo, it’s better than running into the possibilities of finding his dead and gone girlfriend (ex-girlfriend? Again?) among the ice and snow of the wintery mountains. And so this is much better, much preferred, spreading navy wings wide and taking to the skies until he gets tired enough to slow – to focus on the ground beneath his feet.

And so he shifts back, warm and appreciating the work out, wearing a close to sleeveless shirt where most of his tattoos are on display. Haai isn’t far behind, having spread her wings and followed him too, to rest and perch along his shoulder like a scarf of sorts, as Sunjata finds the strange… Gathering? Had he walked into something? It’s… Odd, strange, to find what appears to be a luncheon of sorts with nobody around?

He glances around briefly before Haai looks up and howls gently in her own quiet greeting, as Sunjata’s gaze lifts up to spot the Fae in the tree too, his dark brow raised to the painted woman before him.
if i let go, would you hold on?
would we fly?
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Age: 118 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:

I am not kept waiting for long. It is more than likely not my spread that attracts the man, but I am pleased nonetheless, waiting until he catches sight of me to speak. ”Hello, favoured guest!” I push myself gracefully off the branch, wings fluttering to catch me before I make contact with the ground, and carrying me over to take a closer look at my visitor.

”You are a tall one, aren’t you?” I make sure to hover just a little bit above his eye level, though he would tower over home if I stood on the ground. Then, I notice the dark shape, the gryphon who first noticed me, and I smile. ”Does every one of you people have a gryphon?” I ask, laughing. It seems like a fact I would have been told, so maybe this has just been a lucky coincidence on my end. My focus shifts quickly, and I reach out, hands cupping the strangers jaw, if he’ll let me, and tilting his head back and forth. Looking over the ink in his skin with a critical eye.

I am bolder here, in my own forests. It’s easier to be, the trees bring with them a sense of safety, and I am ever eager to indulge in it. And though my curiosity is not settled so easily, I do have the sense to release the man before the moment grows too uncomfortable, and gesture grandly to my feast. ”Would you like to join me?”
Tarasha
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
’Favored Guest?’ He almost repeats, questions brimming in his mind and along his face as the Fae pushes herself off the branch, and he wonders if he’s ever actually met one of the Fae before as he inspects the wings she hovers with. They’re short, though he should have been expecting that, expecting to have to crane his head to respond to her, to actually see her, but she flutters and hovers before him, offering her a smile. “I am.” He responds, accented in amusement as she inspects Haai, the griffin preening under the attention.

Not everyone has one, no.” He offers a bit easily, before her hand reaches for his jaw, tilting his head here and there — far more outspoken than most when it came to looking at his tattoos (it’s the only thing that makes sense to him, with the way she tilts his head here and there) and he smirks lightly under the inspection while he spots her own adorning her skin. But soon enough, she releases him, questions him to join her, and he’s not entirely sure he can say no since it seems as though she’s been waiting for someone to appear.

With a light chuckle, he shrugs, Haai moving about on his shoulders to spy the Fae some more with a tiny howl before Sunjata focuses on the winged woman before him. “Sure?” There’s a bit of uncertainty in his voice. “Were you just waiting for someone to appear?” He asks with a tilt of his head.
would we fly?
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Change author:

My guest seems confused, like he isn’t sure he’s my guest, which I suppose is to be expected. It’s not as if this has been a planned thing, with invitations and the like, but still, he is here now, and that makes him a guest. I smile widely, wiggling my fingers at the dark gryphon on him (such a difference from the last one I met, like night and day!) and release his face. ”Every one of you has had one so far, though I suppose there’s more than two people in the whole of the hidden lands, isn’t there?” I pause, and then to him, suddenly serious, though there’s the twinkle of a joke in my eye, my voice. ”Isn’t there?”

With a laugh, I dart around to his side, a not unfriendly hand on his shoulder, leading him further into the clearing, towards my preparations. ”Of course I was just waiting. That’s how this works, isn’t it?” I shake my head, like he’s being silly, and fly to the other side of the bowls and food I’ve set out, sitting cross legged on the ground and gesturing for him to do the same. ”I was hoping to meet some of you, and I wanted to be a gracious host. This is all set up in the style of tm mother, and I promise you, it’s all delicious.” As if to demonstrate, I pluck a bright red berry off a stem and pop it into my mouth, smiling while I chew.

”We’re you exploring? Now that the ban is gone? I can’t think of any other reason someone would be in the woods right now, and I can’t think of a better reason either.” My talking is fast, animated, almost too much so, and I try to reel it back in, though I’m not particularly successful. I’ve never been good at controlling myself when I’m excited.
Tarasha
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
Haai howls lightly at the finger that wags toward her, as the Fae releases Sunjata’s face from her grasp. And the comment she gives is something that intrigues him, considering the only other person he knew with a griffin was Jigano. “There is.” He offers with a light rumble of a chuckle, loosening up despite the wariness that still finds its way into his shoulders. “Did this other person with a griffin you met, have white hair by chance? He’s the only other one I know with a griffin.” He snorts, pausing then.

Pausing, as she darts around to his side with a hand on his shoulder and he can feel the wind from the fluttering of her wings, a strange sensation. “I suppose so.” He admits, feeling awkward and rather ridiculous for finding it suspicious – but well, he’d lived a life of being suspicious of nearly everything. He wasn’t used to the idea that someone would just openly do this without second, hidden thoughts. At least he has ways to get out of it though.

Still, he follows her gesture, settling along the ground with her, across from her and following through with it as he picks up a piece of fruit as well. “That’s surprisingly nice.” He rumbles with some amusement, biting down on the fruit about half way before offering it to Haai who devours it in one whole bite. He can’t deny that the fruit here tastes better than that of the Hollowed Grounds. But he assumes much of everything is better than there, at the end of the day.

Exploring, stretching my wings. It’s been awhile since I’ve been here.” He admits with a slight tilt to his head. “Are you glad the ban is lifted? I’ve heard the Fae don’t particularly like us that much. You’re… The first one I’ve met, actually.
would we fly?
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Change author:

”The other person I met did have white hair.” I confirm with a wide smile. I’m not sure if I should be disappointed, since it seems there are only two griffins in the hollowed grounds, or pleased that I somehow managed to meet both of them within a day. I try to settle for pleased as I continue. ”He told me was a story catcher, and had a griffin like a cloud.” There’s a dreamy tone in my voice, and I lean into it, my eyes growing distant and my body swaying, just a little bit.

I am back in an instant though, as soon as the man agrees to join me. He doesn’t sound particularly enthusiastic, but I’m sure it’s just surprise in the face of my generosity. I can worry about that later though, first things first, now that he’s my guest, I have a very important question to ask. ”Can I have your name? So I know who I am enjoying my meal with.” I blink up (literally, he’s terrifyingly tall even sitting) innocently, humming while I wait for the answer.

I could all but roll my eyes when finally a piece of my fruit is sampled, and he proclaims that it’s surprisingly nice. I don’t, because I am polite, but I want to. ”Of course it’s nice. Everything here is as fresh as possible.” I can hear my own voice shift from a quiet condescension to utter distraction, any frustration I might have had melting away as I watch the griffin snap up the scraps of food proffered fo her.

”You don’t have any wings?” It’s the part of his explanation that I am immediately stuck on, and I resist the urge to flutter back towards him and double check his back. I’m trying to make friends, not scare them off. ”I’m very glad the ban is lifted. I was going through... family things, when the barrier first came down, and didn’t get the chance to explore then. I was worried more folk would be... like I’d heard, but I’ve liked everyone I’ve met so far.”I wonder if he’ll point out that I myself have said I’ve only met two people. Then my smile curves wickedly, and I lean in, popping another deep red berry into my mouth just before I speak. ”I’m glad to be your first.”
Tarasha
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
She confirms that the other person had white hair, and his lips curl in a small start of a smirk. She continues on, commenting that he was a story catcher, and the griffin was like a cloud. He can imagine how Haai might be the night to Isuma’s day, and he hums lightly in agreement. “I know of him.” He replies, giving her a brief smile to comment on her dreamy tone.

But he joins her, asks for his name, and his steel gaze meets her own eyes as she almost seems expectant, looking up beneath those dark lashes. “Sunjata.” He offers with a slight dip of his head, as though he’s greeting her for the first time. “And you are?” He gestures with a hand as if to ask far more formally, far more traditionally to old Korofi customs that it might be strange for Tarasha to see, but at least this way she’d learn of the different customs of different worlds.

And perhaps he should have chosen his words a bit more carefully, wondering if she’s taken offense to what he’s said. But anything beats the food that they grow in the Hollowed Grounds, after years and years of over farming and the dreary conditions, it’s not surprising in the end to see how much better things were when they weren’t there.

She mentions that he doesn’t have any wings, and his lips quirk up briefly at that comment. “Oh, but I do.” He reassures her with a nod of his head, spending the moment to shift into his navy macaw form, spreading his dark wings wide and eyeing her with gold ringed eyes, before he shifts back exactly where he was sitting while Haai continues to devour the food given to her.

At the mention of the ban being lifted, he nods in understanding. “What have you heard?” He asks quietly, wondering what the rumors were about the Grounders, whether they were true or not and if there should be some true concern – but as far as he was concerned, the people of the Grounds were relatively harmless all things considered. At least compared to Korofi. And he gives her a reassuring nod and smile as she says she’s glad to be his first, the briefest hints of amusement along the panes of his face at that.
would we fly?
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Change author:

”Well if you’re the only two with griffins, I assume you’d know him.” I say assuredly, feeling the eye roll work it’s way out through my voice instead of on my face. Which is... marginally better, I think. ”And there’s not many people in the Hollowed grounds, is there? Don’t you know of near everyone?” Though maybe not everyone is like me, making everyone their business. I can’t imagine why anyone wouldn’t be though, the things you can learn by being just the right amount of nosy are astounding.

I smile toothily when he offers his name, with hardly a moments hesitation, my bright gaze meeting his. ”You’re not from here, are you? Not originally?” I guess, the question mostly rhetorical. ”You have a very pretty name. Sunjaaata.” I draw out the sounds and laugh, the sound tinkling in my ears. ”I am Tarasha. It is my pleasure to meet you, Sunjata.” I blink at the preferred hand for a moment, then reach out to take it in both of my own hands, figuring it’s more rude to refuse. His hand dwarfs both of mine, a fact that has me staring for a moment longer, eyes wide. I knew the grounders were bigger than us, but... well so far it’s still bigger than I’d imagined.

My assertion of his flightless was is proven wrong quite easily as he shrinks down, but I can’t bring myself to be upset about it at all. Instead, I lean forwards, over the bowls I’ve set out, to look more closely at the brilliant blue. He shifts back before I can fly over the food, and the greedy gryphon devouring it, but I am still leaning forward, spellbound. ”If you ever lose any feathers, could I have them?” I don’t even think about how strange the question might be, my mind swirling with ideas of pigments, a new brilliant blue to add to my colourful designs.

What have I heard? I want to laugh at that, but instead I reach out and pop another berry in my mouth, chewing deliberately slow while I make a show of thinking about it. ”I’ve that heard you’re all monsters and murderers, working with a fake god to destroy the world.” I don’t sugarcoat my words at all, though I am still smiling, my expression completely at peace. ”Those have been proven wrong so far though.” There is probably some truth to the rumours, there has to be, but I don’t find it believe able to think that a whole area could be filled with just bad folk.

I notice the amusement on his face almost immediately, and fix him with a very deliberate smile, my head tilting to the side in the picture of innocence and naïveté. ”Is something funny?” I ask, putting him on the spot, just to watch the reaction.
Tarasha
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He snorts at her first statement. It was possible that he wouldn’t have known of Jigano, had he not met the bars randomly along the side of the bone bridge, had the bard not come across him during the attempt and shoving mud out of the alleys and streets using magic and attuned forms. Regardless, he lets his steel gaze linger on her tattooed skin with amusement at it before he shakes his head no. “Don’t know everyone yet. A majority, sure, but I don’t know too many Naturals.” He rumbles. Some of them still didn’t quite take kindly to the Outlanders after everything.

He doesn’t blame them.

As soon as he gives her his name, she smiles a pretty and toothy smile that Sunjata reflects on his own face. “No, originally I came from a place called Korofi.” There’s a slight shrug at that. She wouldn’t know of it, but that doesn’t matter too much in the end. “Thank you.” He offers after a moment, a hum of a chuckle leaving him as she extends the vowels of his name. “Pleased to meet you too, Tarasha.” Her name comes off his tongue a bit differently than she had pronounced it, due to how his accent prefers to elongate certain vowels and combinations, but he hopes she doesn’t mind. But instead, the fae grasps his hand in both of hers and he aims to give her a light squeeze of greeting.

Next, however, is his attempt to show her how he does have wings, and he’s thoroughly amused by her interest, as she leans over the picnic of sorts to inspect him before he shifts back. But the question gives him a moment of pause, nodding before shifting back and pulling one of his loose wing feathers from his body. It wasn’t a flight feather, he’d be able to continue to fly. And besides, it was just a matter of time before it fell out anyway. He then shifts back to hand her the feather with a rogue crooked smile along his face. “Consider the first one a payment for the company and food.” He rumbles, pleased by the result.

He is interested to hear what she’s heard, and as she lists it out he listens diligently before snorting and shaking his head. “Not all of us.” He rumbles, he can’t say he wasn’t a murderer. He wasn’t one here, but his previous life had given him that title long before he knew of portals and magic. “The Ascended are those.” He offers with a small shrug. “I myself follow the old gods. Safrin made me Attuned.” He tells her, popping another fruit into his mouth and letting his gaze lift along her face in quiet question.

Until she catches the amusement he has in her being his first. “It’s not often someone gets to have a first with me.” He explains offhandedly, smiling lightly to her as Haai curls up in his lap.
would we fly?
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Change author:

Sunjata takes his sweet time answering me, his eyes moving over my tattoos while he seems to think. Or something. Though if he’s distracted by my art I am more that okay with that. I like the attention. ”Not everyone?” I repeat, when he finally answers me. ”Have you been slacking?” I tease gently, waggling my fingers towards him to double down on the delivery.

He confirms my hunch that he isn’t from here, that he’s an outlander, and I tilt my head, the smile not moving. ”Do they have the Folk on Korofi?” I twist the name a little bit as I say it, koo-roof-ee, not entirely intentionally. Not entirely unintentionally either. And I smile at the slight lilt to my own name as it comes off his tongue, the way the vowels seemed to stick to his lips. ”Is this hand thing a common greeting?” I ask, feeling the pressure on my hands and unable to help the question. If I plan on meeting more of the grounders, which I do, I should know a little bit about how to greet them. Or at least what to expect.

I am slightly worried he is going to hurt himself with the back and forth of feathers and flesh, but the worry is overpowered by excitement as he plucks a feather and offers it to me. It must not hurt too badly, or at least, he must know the ones safe to take, so I don’t feel too badly about it. Instead, I reach out gingerly to take it, holding the feather between two fingers and shifting it slightly, letting the light reflect off it and admiring the colours up close. ”I don’t need payment for my company, or my gifts. But thank you.” I fix him with another brilliant smile, this one decidedly less feral than the last.

”I am glad to hear that I’m not cavorting with a majority of menaces.” I laugh when he snorts, and lean back again, plucking one of the flowers off the surface of my tea and pressing it delicately into my mouth. Though it twists immediately when I hear the word Ascended, my nose wrinkling and my fists clenching. ”I suppose I could have assumed that, hmm?” I force myself to smile again as he continues, the look becoming more genuine as he continues. ”Only a follower of the old gods? What about the deep gods, or the bright gods?” My voice is overly earnest, sincere to the extreme, though theres a sharp slyness in my eyes now, a wicked quirk to my lips that show I am teasing again, just a little bit.

His reaction to my prodding is a little underwhelming, and I am admittedly a little disappointed. But I continue nonetheless. ”I suppose you don’t have many firsts left, do you?” I am pushing, maybe a little too much, but I am interested in his answer, eyes wide and focused on his face.
Tarasha
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
A snort leaves him at her teasing, at the wagging of her fingers. “Not for lack of trying.” He winks to her gesture, but quiets as soon as he explains that he’s an Outlander, not from around here and he smirks slightly at her pronunciation, but he doesn’t correct her. It’s almost… Endearing in a sense, and he shakes his head at that too. No Folk. “Nope. Just… Plain, boring people. Though they’re all about as tall as I am.” He offers with a small shrug.

At the hand gesture of greeting, however, he thinks on it for a brief moment. “Depends on the person, but those I’ve encountered it’s been common.” He offers her, smirk shifting to something almost lopsided, almost boyish. But he shifts, then, to filter his wings for a feather for her, a loose one that’s not a blood feather that he then shifts and gifts to her with a smile. He lets her inspect it before she tells him it’s not required, and he nods and shrugs his shoulders.

To each their own, he supposes.

Instead, he offers explanations for the questions she gives, over menaces and Ascended, of gods and what not. And he offers her a quiet nod at the mention of the Ascended, the agreement of the wrinkled nose that his steel gaze flashes over before he grabs another piece of fruit. He pauses only when she comments of deep gods or bright gods, and his head cocks slightly in interest. “I’m afraid I’ve never heard of any others…” He trails off, thinking back. “I know of Safrin, Frey, Ludo, Mort, Rae, Vi, and the Voice.” He offers, incase he’s missed any, gaze finding hers again as his dark brow raises in silent question.

But he comments instead on the question she’d poised earlier, a comment and another question over firsts, and he can’t help the rumble of amusement that leaves his chest, the crooked smirk that crosses his face as he shakes his head. “Not anymore, no. Caido is different from my world, though, so I suppose I should get used to it, huh?
would we fly?
Tarasha Gulaab
Tattoo Artist

Change author:

”A whole land of giants?” I blink, incredulously, my head tilting to the side as I try to picture it. It sounds terrible, and I barely repress a shudder. ”I think I like the idea of you being the only tall one I know. It stops being fun if it’s common.” But the lack of folk in his world makes a little bit of sense, at least when it comes to his carelessness with his name, and accepting my food. I would hope any natural worth their salt would at least hesitate.

The explanation about the handshaking is mer with a sniff, the topic suddenly anything but interesting to me. At least I know it isn’t strange now. Well, isn’t strange for them. It will probably always be strange to me, the expectation of physical touch, with a stranger no less. Yet I have happily accepted it twice now. The gifted feather is tucked into my hair, a flash of blue among the black that I will forget about until it falls loose, and give me reason to be excited again.

When he says he hasn’t heard of the other gods, I practically glow, excitement crossing my face. It’s been so long since I’ve gotten to explain it to someone interested, though I do have to make something clear first. ”The Voice,” I all but sneer the name, ”is not a true god. It is not something one can do to them self. It is a half formed thing, grasping at a divinity it cannot possibly understand. The true gods though, the ones you named, and the others, they are...” I grab a string of berries, still attached to their vine. ”They come from an ancient flow of power.” I gesture to the main stem, eyes on his face and not my own hands. ”There are similarities between them, but the flow branches apart, gives specific gods their identities.” My finger traces down the vine until it ends on a berry, and I pause, to make sure he’s understanding so far. ”This would be a fully realized god. Frey, or Mort. But there are others.” Now I gesture to a half formed berry, unable to grow fully before I plucked it. ”They are connected to the divine, but not as whole, not as powerful as the completed gods. The deep ones, and the bright ones, and the forgotten ones.”

”Everywhere is different than somewhere else. So get used to it isn’t quite right. More...” I tilt my head back and forth while I think. ”More Rolling with the changes, rather than accepting them.”
Tarasha
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNjATA
the flood
He snorts to her assumption, a crooked smile crossing his face at that. “True.” He agrees – that when something becomes normal and not quite so… Otherworldly, it loses its shine, the thing that makes it special. But he explains the handshake, the customs, and moves on from it – focusing on the next series of questions she has for him. The mention of the gods, and ones that he knows of and those he doesn’t.

Her correction is noted though, by a deep nod of agreement. Steel gaze following as she grabs a string of berries on the vine, listening as it’s almost the same as a… Vein of sorts, like a river, a common powerful source that splits into smaller beings, each one with their own characteristics. And when she mentions that there’s more connected to the divine, not completed, his dark brow lifts with wonder. Deep ones and bright ones and forgotten ones.

He makes a note to try and ask her about them later.

But for the time being, he nods to her in her assumption. Rolling with the changes, surfing the wave, following the crest. “I suppose you’re right.” He concedes, grabbing yet another berry before spending the next bit of time with her before his companion begins to grow restless, beckoning home to rest and recoup, reenergize, and he already knows the trek home with be with the griffin curled up along his shoulders.

So when it’s convenient timing, he bids the Fae farewell, and continues on his way home.

- FIN
would we fly?