we'll meet again
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
There's a playful eyeroll as Oliver shakes his head, choosing to not respond to Amun's first comment. "Honestly? I sketch whatever comes to mind. I prefer to have something in front of me to base it off of, since I'm not exactly learning all that well without an example. I guess...humans, animals, or objects? Not a fan of buildings or landscapes, really." Perspective was hard as fuck, especially when it came to expansive things. He had tried drawing a building once and....it wasn't great. Hopefully Amun wouldn't realize he had his sketchbook on him since then he might see those horrid drawings.

Amun surprised him with questions. Why? Was he just doing it to tease him? No way did Amun actually have an interest in what he had to say. "Well, I still have a lot to learn...it only just happened really, but she is the herald of Vi. Whenever you look to the stars, you can search for her. She guides us that way, kind of." It's hard to express it, so Oliver chooses something that Amun must surely see often.

And of course, he must confront the whole issue between the two of them. "There's...I've been thinking about this a lot...I'm really sorry for what I did the last time we spoke. I acted without really thinking...and I didn't know that fire was the only thing that could hurt you guys...and I was worried that you were seriously hurt and I just wanted to make sure that you're okay." The words spilled out, showing yet again that Oliver really needed to work on his rambling problem.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
The Ascended grinned. ”So. You like sketching bodies then Blondie?” The potter winked at the other man. They continued to walk through the trees, making their way closer to the Oasis.

Still smirking, Amun’s smile gained a distinctly predatory edge. He made a big show of looking up at the stars, which were barely visible through the canopy, before his gaze settled on Oliver’s face once more. ”Kind of guides you? Doesn't seem very helpful to me. Give me one concrete example, Blondie. Because from where I’m standing, I don’t get anything from the stars.”

Then the Ascended burst out laughing at Oliver’s apology. It was a good thing the potter couldn’t cry, because if he could, he’d be wiping away tears. ”Have you been worried about that this whole time, Blondie?” This time the teasing tone in his voice was maybe a little bit cruel. ”Honestly? I’m over it. Haven’t really thought about it since it happened.” He shrugged, since it was the truth.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
Somehow, Oliver managed to not obviously blush at his remark. "Never actually really drawn a body, but if you're interested I wouldn't say no to having you model for me." Seeing as the last time Oliver tried to draw Amun...well, the sketch was never finished. This time, he'd hopefully be able to finish AND show Amun the product.

It wasn't the flirting that made Oliver blush deep red, it was the interrogation about Safrin. "She's helped to guide Amalia and Deimos...both of which have been able to do great things for the Hollowed Grounds. As well, she has made Sunjata and me attuned. She didn't have to help me, an abandoned...and yet she did." He reflects back to the harsh words she said about him, surprised that she even bothered to help him considering her obvious distaste towards abandoned individuals.

The blonde's eyes widen as he hears Amun's boisterous laughter. His blush remains and he averts his eyes, not really able to look at Amun's face. "Well, yeah...I was really worried..." It made him feel better to hear that Amun had no anger towards him, as well as that it seemed to just be in the past. Things would be okay....he hadn't completely fucked over with Amun, at least not yet.

Turning to look forward, he bit down on his lip once more, hoping that maybe he could change the subject. He didn't like feeling embarrassed, not at all. "I'm glad you're okay....I mean hell, you seem to be pretty well off. You have your pottery studio set up and everything. How has business been, by the way?" Smooth Oliver, smooth.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Smirking, Amun winked at Oliver. ”I’m sure we can find you a body, Blondie.” Then the potter chuckled, the sound dark and low. ”Worst case you can do a self-portrait.” His eyes swept over the other man.

Again, the Ascended’s easy manner slipped away as the conversation swung around to Safrin. He smirked, eyes and words and smile gaining an edge. ”And you don’t think Amalia and Deimos would’ve done those things without Safrin’s guidance? Plus, Safrin didn’t help you for free, did she?” The words had a needling tone to them.

It all disappeared to be replaced by the relaxed Amun once more. ”Business is good, Blondie.” He grinned as he ducked under a low branch.
AMUN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
That wasn't really the answer he wanted to hear. It was more of a no than a yes, showing that Amun might not be willing to model for him, which is the assumption that Oliver would just have to go with. He does notice the glances up and down his body. He threw a wink at the other man before speaking. "Don't think I'll be much a model, besides, isn't it better to draw things I'm less familiar with?" Oliver never said he was the best flirt, but he was clearly making an attempt.

Aside from the flirting, their conversation wasn't exactly drifting to the best places. Amun clearly wasn't a major fan of Safrin. There wasn't really anything Oliver could say that could elicit a positive response. "Like I said, I have much to learn. Once I know more, I can tell ya if you'd like? If not I can always tell you about my new shift." There we go, a perfect way to change the subject. Surely Amun would be interested in seeing what animal his first shift was. "If I'm being honest, I don't even know the species of my new shift. It's something I've never seen before." Maybe Amun would want to see if he knew the species? Oliver wanted to know what to call himself other than 'tiny canine with gigantic ears'.

The conversation continues to be light and positive, which is a good thing. "Really? I'm glad. I should commission you for something. What kinda stuff do you offer?"
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun chuckled, then smirked at Oliver. "So. You're familiar with yourself, Blondie?" The potter winked. "That right hand of yours getting busy?" There was a salacious tone in his voice.

It disappeared as the other man insisted on speaking about Safrin at a later date. The Ascended shrugged. "Doesn't seem like there's much substance to Safrin's help, Blondie. I'll pass." His voice clearly indicated that he was bored with this particular subject. "Good luck with the whole preaching thing, though." He winked. "Sounds like you're going to need it, given how little you know about your chosen goddess."

As Oliver went on to talk about his new form, the potter grinned. "Ah, so I was right. You're not familiar with yourself." The teasing was back in full force. His eyes slid to the other man, an amused light dancing in them. "Pots." Then Amun chuckled again, still striding through the forest. He'd grown much more focused on identifying the best path through the trees.
AMUN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
No matter how many times Amun flirted or made remarks, Oliver still managed to blush slightly at that comment. Still, it hadn't completely shut him up. "Who's to say I use my right hand?" Amun...wasn't wrong. Oliver wouldn't boldly admit to it, but he also wouldn't deny the fact that he did pleasure himself often. "I do know my body pretty well, but I find it more fun to get to know others." Ah yeah, that flirt really sucked. So much so that he winced afterwards and looked away, clearly ashamed.

He chose to purposefully ignore the last comments that Amun chose to make on the subject. He didn't have anything he wanted to add. Oliver already knew he had much to learn and he didn't need Amun lecturing him on it. Luckily, the ascended was willing to change the subject. Thankfully, the mood had not yet been ruined.

"We learn new things about ourselves everyday." Amun hadn't said yes to seeing the shift, so he chose to leave it at that. If Amun wanted to see it, he could just ask. With a glance down the path, Oliver looked back over to Amun. "Where exactly are the clay deposits?" Right now he felt like he were aimlessly following after Amun, merely tagging along. After all,, he couldn't exactly see in the dark so he was relying heavily on the fanged man. "Pots do sound fun, I'll have to see your work sometime." There was something else he wanted to ask about, should he?

"You ever made any figurines? Not sure how strong clay is, but I'm sure it could be used for things other than kitchen utensils." Flirting never game naturally to Oliver, but he still tried to speak with confidence.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Smirking, Amun winked at the other man. ”It’s not about the hand you use, it’s how you use it.” As Oliver did his best flirtation, the potter chuckled, the sound dark and low. ”Oh? And what other bodies have you been getting to know, Blondie?” Again, the Ascended’s tone was positively lascivious.

As Oliver gave his sage advice about introspection, Amun just snorted. Turning to glance at the other man, the potter’s eyes narrowed. ”They’re at the Oasis. Honestly, I was just trying to help you out with the whole finding a path, but it probably makes more sense for you to figure it out during the daylight.” He shrugged, his voice coming out almost matter-of-factly.

Grinning, the Ascended tilted his head. ”Stop by anytime Blondie. And yes, I’ve made figurines. Basically anything made of ceramics or clay.” There wasn’t any false modesty in that claim, since Amun knew how awesome he was.
AMUN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Oliver didn't really react too much to Amun at first. He knew how to use his hand pretty damn well, seeing as Amun was the only person he had gotten remotely close with. It was information that hopefully Amun wouldn't find out about, seeing as he wouldn't hear the end of it. The man did almost push to finding out, earning a side-glance from Oliver. "Hmm...I unfortunately haven't really had the chance to learn from anyone quite yet. Wouldn't mind a volunteer," Basically him skating around the fact that he hadn't gotten with anyone else. Great.

There is a small laugh from Oliver. "Honestly? Yeah. It probably would be better if I figure it out tomorrow. For now I can help you carry some stuff back to your shop? You know, to repay you for walking me around." Unless, of course, Amun wanted to be repaid in other ways. "How sturdy are these figurines? Are they easily broken?" Ah yes, Oliver had truly mastered the art of being subtle. Then again, when was Oliver ever subtle."
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Chuckling, Amun waggled his eyebrows at Oliver. ”Volunteer, Blondie? You just waiting for someone to fall in your lap?" The Ascended dropped his voice to a conspiratorial whisper. "Word of advice? You gotta go out and look for what you want, then figure out how to get it. Life isn't going to hand you anything." Winking at the other man, the potter's eyes sparkled with mischief.

At Oliver's offer, Amun grinned. "Alright then. I should leave you to it. And no, I've got enough for now. Thanks though." Tilting his head at the other man's question, the Ascended shrugged. "I mean, they'll shatter if you hit them, Blondie. Why do you ask?" His tone had grown more serious, given that this seemed to be a question about business.
AMUN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There is a raise of his eyebrow. Had he not directly asked Amun? ”Well, seeing as you got me pretty damn easily, hows about you teach me how to flirt? I mean, I did ask for you to model for me and that didn’t work.” Oliver knew how downright attractive Amun looked and while it would’ve been great to sketch him again, it’d need to be a mutual agreement. Maybe he was a small bit grumpy that Amun was accusing him of not trying when he really was trying his best. Made him feel like he was failing in all ways.

Oliver is a bit surprised. Amun? Turning down help? ”You...don’t need anymore clay? Why did you come out here then?” Damn. He really was striking out with Amun. He had wanted to get to know him better, talk with the dude. But every single time he tried, Amun basically shut it down immediately. Amun said that he had to get it, but right now he couldn’t even get a simple story from his past.

The direction of the conversation had turned mature. Oliver hasn’t expected it to and honestly, his question was very immature. And so, he chose to come up with a brand new question on the spot. Great. ”Lately I’ve been super clumsy and just...not doing so great. So I’m worried that I’ll just shatter something completely. I really want to support you, but I also don’t want to destroy your hard work.”
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Chuckling, Amun smirked at Oliver. "Ah but you didn't ask right away, Blondie. You dithered about, and then told me what you thought I wanted to hear." The potter tapped his nose then grinned. ”It’s easy. First you pick your target.”  Speaking as if was disclosing some great secret, his eyes sparkled with impish glee. "Next, you project confidence, find out what they want, and offer it. And if they turn you down, you move on, and don't take it personally." He shrugged, since it was as simple as that.

He shot the other man an amused look. "I said I had enough for now. I don't have any large commissions at the moment, Blondie, and I can afford to wait until you deliver my first shipment to make goods for display." Strangely enough, the Ascended's voice came out lightheartedly.

Grinning again at Oliver's embarrassed admission, Amun winked. "Actually, my work is easy and fun, so I can always make you a new one if you break it." His expression actually grew serious. "What kind of figurine would you like, Blondie?"
AMUN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There's an eyeroll at Amun's remark. He did not tell Amun what he wanted him to hear. Oliver told him what Oliver wanted, which was to see the other man shirtless and then get bitten and-

Okay, that's for another time. No need to think about inappropriate things here and accidentally get a little...issue. Still, one thing stood out to Oliver. Was Amun basically admitting that he didn't want to do anything? If that was the case, then fine. He would be able to deal with that. Still, it kind of contradicted a lot of other things. Why else would Amun constantly be winking at him or eyeing him up? Was it just to get a reaction out of him with no plan of ever doing anything? If so....ouch. "Well, I will try to learn how to do better with others in the future. Should I be...more blunt about what I want?" Yeah, he wasn't going to flirt anymore with Amun seeing as he was basically told 'no' and he would respect that.

Oliver ignored the next bit as well. He got the answer he needed and that would be it. He could wait to deliver more clay, obviously. Still, he had another thing to deal with. The figurine. When he actually thought about it, there was something he kind of wanted. Something that he could remember in the back of his mind.

"Could you make me a hummingbird?" There is a hint of innocence to his voice. He doesn't sound like he's flirting, but he's purely reaching from the bottom of his heart. Showing a piece of him that Amun might not have seen yet. His voice would soon shift, clearly a bit uncomfortable with being so deep. Now he sounded a bit more like his usual self. "If you haven't seen one, I have a tattoo? I'll show you back at your shop."
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Chuckling, Amun winked at Oliver. "You should always be bold about what you want, Blondie. Otherwise you'll never get it." The potter's voice came out with a great deal of mirth.

At the other man's request, the Ascended smirked. "Yes, I've seen a hummingbird Blondie." Grinning wickedly, he shot Oliver a triumphant look. "I'm not one of the sad lifelong residents of the Hollowed Grounds whose never seen the world." There was a mocking tone in Amun's voice. "And yes, I'd be happy to make you a hummingbird figurine. I'll have it done by the time you drop off the first shipment of clay." There was a great deal of certainty underlying those words.
AMUN