we'll meet again
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Once again, Oliver has to stop himself from rolling his eyes. He's still smiling despite this action, showing that Amun doesn't completely annoy him. More like he frustrates him. Oliver doesn't like confronting the whole 'I suck at flirting and you keep getting laid' thing. A lot of it is jealousy and envy, something that Oliver had not yet fully recognized. "Well, I doubt I'll be as good as you at reeling people in, but maybe I'll be able to get someone." Amun knew what to do and that much was obvious. Oliver? He had hardly any experience. Amun was the only one he could actually remember in its entirety, which is kind of sad when he thought about it....so he wasn't going to think about it because being sad sucks.

The comment about the sheltered naturals caused Oliver to snicker a small bit, grinning with a teeth-showing smile. "Glad to know that. You sure you wouldn't be interested in having an example to work off of?" Then he thought of something. If Amun knew what a hummingbird was....what if he knew what the hell his shift was? "Actually, could you do me a super big favor? Like...super big. It's kind of a weird question to ask, but I need to see if you know what animal my shift is."
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Amun chuckled again, more heartily this time. Reaching out, he attempted to pat Oliver on the cheek. ”Don't worry. I wouldn’t measure yourself against me, Blondie. No one is as good as reeling people in as I am.” Winking at the other man, the potter grinned. ”Give it, what, ten years? Give it ten years, and you might start to catch up.” His tone was teasing, but not cruel.

Smirking, he shook his head. ”Small delicate looking bird, long thin beak, brilliant colors. I got it, Blondie. Thanks for the offer though.” Raising his eyebrows at the Oliver’s request, the Ascended shrugged. ”Sure. Why not.”
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
Ah yes. Amun. The most humble person that Oliver has ever had the honor of meeting. Nice to know that the man is so modest. "What? You don't think that I could maybe be as smooth as you someday?" He shakes his head with a faint smile, trying to at least lighten up the situation and ignore some of the nagging thoughts in his head. "I'd say....give me five years and I'll be even better than you, minus the advantage you have with your fangs." He'll give that to Amun, having fangs is a big plus and helps you out a lot.

The offer was declined, which was surprising. Oliver didn't have any negative intentions, really. Part of him just liked to get compliments on his tattoos. As well, he was hoping that maybe Amun could give insight that would aid him in his memory loss journey. Ignoring that, he was luckily able to receive confirmation on at least something. He didn't really want to do this here, seeing as he was ultra vulnerable...but Amun would protect him.

With that, he set down his bag and proceeded to shift into the small fox with massive ears. He took a couple of steps closer to the other man and looked up at him. Hopefully Amun would at least squat down to his level or maybe even give him some scritches behind the ears.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Grinned, Amun shook his head. ”Not a chance, Blondie.” There was joy, certainty, and no small amount of teasing, in his voice. ”Y’see, I’m gonna look and be this good forever. Forever in my prime.” It was clear how pleased he was about that.

Then he struck a flamboyant pose for just a moment, hands on his hips, one hip popped, eyes mischievous. "It's not about the fangs, Blondie." The potter winked at the other man. "It's about attitude. About using what you've got to the fullest." With that, the Ascended did a body roll, making sure to highlight each and every muscle as it traveled up his body.

As the other man shifted, Amun stayed right where he was, simply peering down at the fox. Enhanced eyesight meant it was easy for the Ascended to pick out every detail: the tiny body, large ears, fur. However, the potter shrugged. "No idea. Some sort of fox, obviously, but beyond that, you're on your own, Blondie." There was no apology, no acknowledgement how annoying that might be for Oliver in Amun's voice, just a cheerful statement of fact. Then, however, he smirked. "Can't you just ask the oh so wise Safrin?" This time, the tone was indeed mocking.
AMUN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There is a look of mock offense as Oliver places a hand over his heart. "You implying that I'm not going to look hot in five years? I mean, come on. I look sexy now so I'm sure I'll look just as good then." Oliver knew he looked good and he was proud of it. Nothing Amun could say would dampen that, he was a tad bit too narcissistic for that.

Now, what he couldn't prepare for was what Amun did next. With wide eyes, Oliver looked the other man up and down as he struck a pose, his eyes gravitating to his torso and crotch due to the sudden movement. Relax Oliver...he's just showing off... It was sexy as fuck, a bit too sexy, so Oliver averted his eyes, a blush dancing on his cheeks. "I'm sure I can figure out how to use my body like that. Give it a few more weeks. I know my body is nice." He wasn't going to say anything else on it, clearly a little bit distracted by what Amun had done.

Amun wasn't too surprised by his shift. If he was, he didn't show it. Hell, he didn't even show any interest whatsoever. Oliver didn't even get any scratches behind the ears! With a huff, Oliver changed back, quite a bit annoyed by the comment Amun decided to throw in. "I'm not going to bother a god over something as simple as asking for what animal I am. It's fine, I was just curious to see if you had any idea. Thanks for the effort." Someone really didn't like Safrin. Sorry that he felt uncomfortable with the Voice after all of the rumors he had been hearing about her.

"On the bright side, I'm a nice size. Perfect for wandering around. You'd be surprised the things one hears with great ears." Yeah, he's trying super hard to not talk about Safrin because Amun really is annoying him right now.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Grinning encouragingly at Oliver’s confidence, Amun nevertheless shook his head. ”You gotta listen to what I said, Blondie. I never said you wouldn’t be hot or sexy in five, ten years.” Winking, he dropped his voice to a whisper. ”I just said you would never be as hot as me.” Then he raised his eyebrows, still pleased by the other man’s sudden bout of boldness. Unfortunately, the Ascended couldn’t resist a bit of teasing. ”I’ll believe it when I see it.”

The grin turned into a smirk and the teasing turned into mocking, however, as Oliver got pissy. ”Really? But I thought she was supposed to guide you. Have you asked the stars if they know what you are?” The potter made another show of gazing up at the cosmos before chuckling, the sound dark and low. Then, though, he glanced down at the other man. ”Oh yeah? What kinds of things have you heard, Blondie?” Amun’s eyes sparkled with mischief.
AMUN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
There was a large shift in the Oliver that had originally met Amun and this brand new one. He was sure of himself and had far more confidence than before. Oliver knew he looked good and he wasn't going to let anyone else tell him otherwise. Of course, he personally was more into guys of Amun's type....but Amun didn't need to know that. A hum leaves his mouth as he tries to obviously think for a bit. "You don't think I'll be as hot or sexy as you? I mean, I do fit a certain 'type' of guy, maybe some people are more into that." On the outside, he was trying to be confident and even a small bit cocky, but on the inside? He hardly even believed his own words. "I think I've learned quite a lot so far since we first met, if you ask me." He knew how to ask for what he wanted, even if he had only really done it once. Why would Amun continue to doubt him if he's clearly learned so much?

And of course, the mood couldn't stay jolly for long. With a huff, Oliver responded in a hushed tone. "Yes, but she guides me through problems. Helps me to understand important things. Knowing what species I am does not change anything about how I'll live my life, hell, I've done pretty damn well without my last name. It's the same thing." With that, his frustrated physique was dropped and he clearly tried to calm down, steam practically pouring out of his head.

Happy to change the subject away from Safrin, Oliver decided to indulge Amun in some secrets. "Trust me....a lot. My ears can hear through walls and ceilings super well. I've heard fights over whether or not the person got the right kind of bread to people deciding to have sex in an empty building at noon. Just name a general location and I could tell you what I've heard."
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Chuckling, Amun smirked. ”Nope. I’m way sexier, Blondie.” Winking at the other man, the smirk turned into a happy grin. ”Doesn’t mean you won’t be sexy, though. Just not as sexy as me.” There was a gently teasing tone in the Ascended’s voice.

A weird flash of light caught the potter's eye. He angled their walk so they were headed towards it. Soon enough, the source of the glow turned out to be a rock of all things. Kneeling down, he picked it up and began to examine it. Perhaps that was why he was more than a bit distracted when he finally responded to the other man. "I'll believe it when I see it." Amun rolled the stone around in his hands, trying to figure out the source of the light.

However, his gaze wandered back to Oliver's features soon enough. "What problems has she helped you through, Blondie? What important things has she explained?" Again, the mocking edge had crept back into the potter's tone. Then, however, he grinned again, all trace of mockery gone. "Alright, I'll bite Blondie. What have you overheard in the Atheneum?"
AMUN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Way sexier? Oliver wouldn't quite agree with that. "Opinions, opinions. Some people simply aren't into dudes with tons of muscles," Even though Oliver for sure was. Still, he appreciated having Amun at least thinking he could be sexy, it boosted his ego even more. He would've liked to have been actually called sexy, but that was better than nothing. With a faint smirk on his face, Oliver started to tease Amun a bit as well. "While you are unbelievably sexy, I do have some things going for me that you don't have." Ah yes, poking at the sleeping tiger. Perfect idea.

The light doesn't catch his eye nearly as quickly as it does for Amun, but the moment he sees it, his body is seemingly drawn towards it. Watching Amun kneel down, the blonde's head tilts to the side. "Any idea what it is?" Basically ignoring Amun's statement, far more interested in the stone.

The rest....he couldn't really ignore. Which was just fantastic. Another sigh leaves his lips and he runs a hand through his hair. "She has helped me to become a better person. I still have a lot of room to grow....trust me, I know, but she has helped me to see the error of my ways. To understand where I'm failing as a person and what I can do to better myself. Not only for me to live a happier life, but also to make others happier as well." Oliver knew he was a bit obnoxious at times. That he was still childlike in some ways and had a tendency to speak too much. It was something he'd need to work through, but having Safrin point it out, tell him to improve...it really did help him.

"Surprisingly? Nothing too bad in the Atheneum. But, I did hear a bit. Someone broke something inside of it. It wasn't too bad from what I could tell, but it also wasn't great. As well, it tends to be a quiet hang out for people for that kind of thing. It's out of the way and not too many people go there." There's a light shrug of his shoulders.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun chuckled at Oliver’s assertion. ”And some people are blind, Blondie, and don’t know what they’re missing.” However, the potter crossed his arms, raising his eyebrows. ”Oh yeah? Like what?” There was a challenging tone in the Ascended’s voice.

Shaking his head, Amun held the stone loosely in one hand. ”No idea.” He dropped  his hand to his side, planning to hold on to it and study it more later. For now, he turned to face the other man, that challenging and mocking demeanor stealing upon him once more. ”And you had to go to a goddess for that? One who made you swear things to her?”

Then the light hearted and teasing Ascended was back. ”I’ll keep that in mind.” Winking at Oliver, Amun tilted his head. ”How about the Temple?”
AMUN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
That much is true, but Oliver doesn't necessarily see that situation as a bad thing. Some people don't like guys like Amun. Some people are more into people like....well, lets just not name specific people. Oliver isn't too picky with his kind of guy, really. Either that or many of the guys at the Hollowed Grounds fall into his type. The confidence resurfaces and Oliver stands tall. "Well for one, I have tattoos. As well, have you seen my hair? It's thick, luscious, and perfect for tugging." He throws in a wink, clearly referencing what Amun had done the first time they met.

He isn't too surprised that Amun pockets the rock himself. "Let me know once you do figure it out." He wouldn't expect the man to hand it over, but he at least hopes that the ascended could fill him in on a bit of information. He couldn't think it over too much since someone was still being a bit of an asshole. "Yes, I did. I swore to her to become an attuned, not to receive advice." He really wanted to drop it. Really. Why couldn't they stop this bullshit. Sorry that he didn't want to become an ascended, someone incapable of feeling things. Oliver cares too much about savoring life and becoming an ascended would prevent him from doing that. Amun should just grow up and deal with the fact that Oliver wasn't going to fall in love with his beloved Voice. Maybe Oliver would be nicer if she hadn't ripped away his memories from him.

Taking a deep breath, Oliver tried to soothe his inner thoughts, realizing how heated he was becoming. His voice was a bit rough, but his face didn't show anything. "The temple? Um...." He let out a hum and once his voice returned, any sense of anger had left. "Lots of people do sexy things. It's....kinda awkward. I walked by to leave something at the shrine, right? A super pretty rock I had found....but the moment I was next to the door, I heard the most awkward sex ever. I just came back a couple of hours later."
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun shook his head, though a smirk lurked on his lips. ”No, I have not seen your tattoos Blondie. But my hair can be tugged as hard as people like.” He winked at Oliver, then nodded at the other man’s request to tell Oliver about the light-up rock.

Then, though, the Ascended's smirk took on a wicked and slightly cruel edge once more. "Oh is that so? Because it sounds like, in return for Safrin's attention, you promised to preach. To evangelize about her wisdom and her greatness." He paused, eyes boring into the other man. "And yet you can't even come up with one instance of what she's done for you, besides make you an Attuned. And she didn't do that for free. She did it as part of your bargain." There was a great deal of scorn sank into that last word.

Then, though, the edge disappeared, and the happy-go-lucky potter was back. "Well then. I shudder to think of what you've overheard in the Domiciles." He grinned wickedly at Oliver. "You're a little pervert, aren't you, listening to all those dirty deeds. Do you think about them at night?"
AMUN
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
That’s right. A shame there, really. ”If you want to see, I wouldn’t mind giving you a bit of a private show. Though, I do think my hair is a bit better than yours.” That...was a lie. Ish. Oliver loves Amun’s hair and thought it was sexier than his, but he thought his own hair was far better maintained and therefore, clearly superior.

And of course. Amun is an even bigger asshat. Sick and tired of what he was saying, and clearly also now hurt over his words, Oliver decided enough was enough. ”Please just drop it. I get it. You don’t like Safrin, you disagree with my choice. I. Get. It. Please let’s just have a nice night. Tell me about your precious life, your precious sexual partners. Anything.” He did want to know about the man’s past life, absolutely. The latter was a bit more of his frustration showing through.

The lighthearted Amun was far more appetizing. ”Domicles has a lot of little fights. Ya know. Like people arguing over where the bowl went, who didn’t mop the floors. Also other stuff, but I do hear some stuff about that.” He didn’t like eavesdropping on that stuff. It was a bit too rude for him. Amun, of course, made it even more sexual. ”What. You think that’s what I think about? I prefer to have an actual person to think about, especially precious partners. Perks of having vague memories of my past life.” He throws in a wink towards the other man. He wasn’t going to immediately confirm or deny anything, but it’d be a lie if he said he didn’t think about Amun when pleasuring himself once or twice.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
Amun Arlun
Potter

Change author:
Amun chuckled, the sound dark and low, though his eyes were mischievous. ”Maybe some other time, Blondie. When we’re not in the middle of the woods. I remember how much you hate public displays.” The Ascended winked at Oliver. ”And you’re entitled to think whatever you want.”

Raising his hands, the potter smirked. ”Consider it dropped.” There was still more than a bit of mocking in his voice, and he let out another chuckle at the other man’s frustration.

As Amun listened to the explanation about what happened in the Domiciles, his smirk became a grin, though it still had a wicked edge to it. Then, it broadened at Oliver’s protest. ”Previous partners, huh? No one current? Pity.” There was a gleefully teasing tone behind those words.

The Ascended made a show of glancing up at the skies above. ”Sadly, I think the heavens are telling me that it’s getting late, and it’s time for you to sleep and me to get on with my life. I’ll see you around, Blondie.” Giving the other man a nod, the potter turned to head off, whistling a shanty as he went. Unfortunately, the stone’s light winked out as he left the Glade, though he didn’t notice that until he was some distance away.
AMUN