Drop never had a friend like me
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
EVIE
like love is a bad word
In the moments after the smoke bombards them, Evie regrets her arrival. She has always been the one damaged people come home to, never the adventurer. At first she fears that this is her punishment for daring to try something new, to explore beyond her comfortable boundaries. In the next moment the smoke is gone. Swirling like water down a drain. Leaving her free to breathe, to blink her eyes open and see more than a mass of imposing color. Leaving behind a peculiar creature with an impish smile and a cackling voice. One that asks a tricky question, that prompts choices from those gathered around what appears to have been its home.

Many raise their voices in answer, and Evie can't help waffling uncertainly over her own. She can't shake her belief that magic can't be trusted, that a magical debt is the worst thing she could incur. But outright demanding a boon is not only insensitive, it's potentially just as dangerous. Aren't you tired of second guessing yourself? Stuffing her hands in her coat pockets to hide how they ball into fists, the redhead tilts her chin higher and calls out her answer. "I seek a boon."

Evie asks for a boon!

Table by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Sam looked surprised to see Evie approach him but simply smiled at her, held Nate's hand a little tighter. Whatever was about to happen, he knew well enough from experience that things in Caido grew dangerous quickly, so he wanted to appreciate the people around him.

As it happened, the only occurrence was the appearance of a genie - not that that was not amazing in of itself, the man captivating Sam with his half-human, half-smoke body; he thought to record it later for a book, thought how he could capture the twisting tendrils of smoke in an illustration with his limited skills.

The question though...that gave him pause. Both Evie and Nate requested something of the genie, but Sam felt himself instinctively leaning away from that option. This felt like a test. Something a hero would be given in a legend to try his selfishness; something he had to resist the temptation of.

"I would give you a boon." He replied softly, daring to look into the genie's eyes.

--
Sam offers a boon for the genie.
Samuel
I want you so badly
But you could be anyone
Jiao Chen
Seamstress

Age: 53 | Height: 4'6" | Race: Fae | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
When everything and everyone
Becomes my enemy
Jiao listened to the mixed bag of responses the genie got with pursed lips, unsure of what to say. She was not as amazed by the creature as others; Fae knew many spirits and beasts well and it would take something truly special to impress her. Still, she knew she was dealing with a being of great power and that some thought was probably a good thing to put into her decision.

But as the number of people who had spoken grew and grew and her silence was becoming conspicuous, she had to speak and all she had to go off was her instinct.

"I would like the boon myself." Jiao's mouth said without much input from her brain; though after a second she nodded, as if agreeing with her own decision.

--
Jiao asks for a boon!
There's nothing more you can do
I'm gonna blame it on you
JIAO
Base Code by Sky!
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Well then. This got interesting really quickly. The crowd grew almost as quickly as the crimson smoke did. The smoke was more fun than annoying to Amun, who didn’t really need to do the whole breathing thing, and who had tricks up his sleeve if it turned hostile. In fact, as it caressed his skin he smirked.

Then, though, it stopped, and he found himself greeted by the sight of something he’d only heard about. However, when it asked whether he'd offer or request a boon, his smirk broadened into a full blown grin. And there was more than a bit of wickedness in it. "I like the sound of delicious. So I'll ask a boon of you, since you're offering so nicely." The potter winked at the genie.

Amun asks for a boon.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
LOREN
As the smoke grew, Loren tensed. His magic leapt to his fingertips, all of it, but this wasn’t a threat he could counter. Not anymore at least. So instead, he just shifted his weight from foot to foot as the smoke wreathed around him, tugging on his hair and his clothes and pinching at his skin. It wasn't painful, but it was unwelcome, and his found his eyes narrowing in annoyance.

Then it cleared suddenly, and a figure appeared. This time, his eyes widened as an honest to god genie (or one of its many, many variants) began speaking to them. Biting his lip, the summoner glanced around the crowd as they offered their answers. There wasn't anything he could do for them, so he just offered his own response quietly. "I'll offer you a boon." He stared at the creature's gaze unflinchingly.

Loren offers a boon
look at how a single candle can both
defy and define the darkness
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
you and me on this frozen sea we slide

The smoke comes and becomes greater. Crimson covers all of him. Panic struck the hunter quickly, adrenaline rushing through his body. The other bodies were suddenly lost on him. Blood pounded in his ears and his body quickly changed. He needed to be able to defend himself better. He backed up as fast as his four legs would allow, and he pinned his ears against his neck. He arched, snorted, and firmed his stance. His thick, hard rack lowered and he grunted. He knew he could not fight smoke, but he might have a fighting chance against whatever conjured it.

A voice broke his panic, grabbing his attention as the crimson field dissipated. He snorted again, watching the creature as it spoke. It offered him a choice. Noah did not trust the half-smoke creature, but his instinct of selflessness nearly brought the words to his mouth without thinking of restraint. Thankfully, his maw could not form words like his human form could. He knew it had been wise to approach as such a creature. Taking in a deep breath, the reindeer tilted his head and lifted his chin, hoping the genie could hear his words through the inherent magic he held: "I will ask a boon of you."

Noah asks a boon of the genie.

NOAH OLSON
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DELPHiA
The smoke might’ve been overwhelming, but it was an experience Delphia simply released herself to. Whatever it was would not harm her greatly enough for any concern, and certainly there was a reason for this display. And soon enough, it dissipated and suddenly before them was a genie, giant and majestic. She smiled up at the genie warmly, head tilting slightly at the scenario posed.

”I would offer you a boon.” she said easily, affection ringing in her tone as it would for any other. Delphia was content with all she had and all she was, and she would not bother this great being for something. So many certainly bothered it with such requests after all. Instead, she would help however she might. That was, after all, the reason she had been created.

Delphia offers a boon!
Spoiler Alert: Everybody Dies
Code blatantly stolen from Sky
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
My spores been growing by the day; my days been shining bright
A genie. You've heard of these (or have you seen them? You can't remember), and you know enough to be sufficiently awed, your brown eyes widening in wonder and respect. "Woah!" you exclaim to nobody in particular, shifting in the snow, your woefully unprepared body already shivering enough to make your teeth chatter in your head.

It asks if you would like a boon or if you would like to give a boon away, and you tilt your head, not really sure which seems like the right answer. "I guess I'll take one?" you decide eventually, curiosity winning out.

Kaimana asks for a boon
Kaimana

Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Change author:
MP: 9427
Harper
Smoke billows out and Harper's entire body goes tense, waiting. He's not unfamiliar with fighting literally blind, leans on his hearing and traps the immediate panic that roses in his chest at being defenseless beneath something magical. And then it's gone, and he's left tense and ready but nonetheless curious. Because wow that's uh...thats a genie alright. Like from a kids movie.

Still magic, but pretty damn cool.

Harper doesn't trust magic if that hasn't been made obvious. But he has also never been the type to ask for a gift, or to expect one when he could give back instead. So though he's naive to the ways of this place, the answer for him is simple. "I will grant you a boon." Wow, fancy. Can't they just say wish?

Harper offers the genie a boon
?
Clemente Belcourt
Apprentice

Age: 23 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Change author:
Clemente
The smoke is more fascinating than intimidating. He doesn't need to breathe, can't feel any teasing prodding, and it's gone within a moment. Still disorienting, but more of an entertaining trick than a threat. And then there's a weird smoke creature talking to them, which Clem really should have expected from this place, but y'know. New experiences and all that.

Neither option sounds particularly great. And his Ascended family all have differing answers, so he can't lean on mimicking their responses. His voice is tentative when he replies. "I...would give you one." There had been no stipulations for what, right? Why must they speak in such a confusing manner?

Clemente offers a boon.

Table Code by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
RaNdOM
So they’ve made their choices, the little lambs. The genie’s grin widens.

There is a puff of red smoke and suddenly the group finds themselves far away from the village, with only snow and ice stretching out as far as the eye can see. It is a harsh, bleak, inhospitable place, white except for the towering genie who looms above them like a vengeful god.

“Southlings, softlings!” Its voice is both thunderous and insidious, sounding to each like a whisper in their ear while simultaneously rattling their bones. “You have made your choices, and with them shown me who you are!

“Some of you are fools.”
The ones who gave their boon away are cast at once in a blood-red light. Deimos, Wessex, Oliver, Hotaru, Samuel, Loren, Delphia, Harper, and Clemente will all feel the cold biting at their toes no matter how tightly they’ve bundled up. Far above, the genie leers. “Squandering a gift- soft! Weak! You will not survive this place if you do not take all that is offered!”

The genie then turns to the rest of the group, who find themselves bathed in an icy blue light: Sunjata, Melita, Jigano, Nate, Evie, Jiao, Amun, Noah, and Kaimana. “Some of you are wise. You know that to survive, you must be willing to take. For Noah it offers an almost tender brush on the cheek. “Well chosen, Northling. You truly are of this place.” To the others the genie simple grins, its red eyes fiery.

At last it rises up again, towering over both groups: those in red and those in blue. “Survivors! Will you tell me what it is you desire? Or will you accept what it is the snow has to give?

“Fools! You have chosen your role, and now you must play it: entertain me! If you make me laugh I shall forgive your foolishness- but know that a poor performance will be punished.”

If you are RED (gave your boon away), the genie asks for entertainment! You may choose to entertain it or to sit aside. Be warned that its taste is fickle; whether it will find you amusing or not is almost random in its unpredictability...

If you are BLUE (asked for a boon), the genie offers you a choice! Do you accept the mystery boon (not necessarily positive) of the creature, or will you risk telling it your own desires?

Please put your choice (entertain/sit aside or mystery boon/tell your wish) at the bottom of your reply! You have 48 hours
EVENT
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Change author:
LOREN
As the genie’s voice boomed out and then the blood red light washed over them, Loren tensed. However, when nothing immediately harmful happened (besides a chill), he forced himself to relax. At the genie’s order to entertain it, the summoner resisted the urge to roll his eyes. Instead, he forced a grin, though it didn’t touch his eyes

Then he started to juggle. Balls of ice would appear in his hands, and he began tossing them. Seeing as his extremities were already cold, he figured a little extra wouldn't hurt. It started with simple patterns at first, only three balls. Then a fourth. Then a more complex toss. Then a fifth, and they rose higher in the air (and if he was using his magic to help steady them, well, that was all part of the show).

Then his feet began to move, slowly at first, but with increasing speed as time went on. It kept going until he had six balls moving and his steps were almost dancelike. All the while, he maintained that grin, eyes fixed on the genie.

Loren juggles ice balls.
look at how a single candle can both
defy and define the darkness
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Change author:
my whole life is mine, but whoever says so will deprive me,
for it is infinite.
Amun grinned as the losers were washed in a red light, and the blue light washed over the survivors. As the genie posed the choice to the obviously better group, the potter stepped forward without hesitation. ”I’ll tell you what I desire.” His voice came out with a great deal of heat, and he winked at the smoke creature.

Leaning forward, Amun dropped his voice to a conspiratorial whisper. "I desire that the path to Torchline becomes open, that the portal to that land become operational." Although normally he teased and joked, there was a great deal of seriousness and weight behind that request, and he was being completely honest.

Amun asked for a portal to Torchline.
by being moved I exert my empire,
making the dreams of night real
AMUN
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
Of course Loren knows how to juggle.

With a predictable roll of her eyes at the Launceleyn, Wessex all of a sudden has a wicked idea. But she’ll need some props, first.

She disappears for a moment (back to warmer climes, to a hen house at a farm in the Outskirts) and then pops back in with three eggs in her hand. Sidling up to the man as he juggles, a shit-eating grin on his face, she innocently tosses an egg into the mix of ice balls. Another quickly follows. And another, hoping to disrupt the rhythm of the scheme and make the man fail miserably.

After all, what’s funnier than the misfortune of others? Particularly if that misfortune means they’re covered in egg yolk.

The Wraith
the bright
the thing in the night
Wessex