Drop never had a friend like me
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
you and me on this frozen sea we slide

His request does not seem to be made in vain. The reindeer felt the touch of the genie upon him, and it made him take a step back. He still did not fully trust this massive, magical creature. Having lived in the North his entire life, he knew that magic and things unknown needed to be weighed carefully and with wisdom. Noah was a smart man, but he desired always to grow in wisdom. What did this genie have to offer them? Have to offer him? He took in a sharp breath, muscles tensing along his shoulders. How would he respond? What would be the wise thing for him to do? It was no longer about his selfish desire or his selfless character. No, instead, this had shifted into a test of how much risk the northling man was willing to make.

Lifting a leg slightly, showing his discomfort, Noah finally decided. "I have fared this north well. I choose to believe I still can." The genie had heard him before, so confidence rather than hope sat on his chest and his words. He scanned the area for the others, watching those in the red and dislike move in ways that intended comic relief to the genie. He felt glad that he had not fallen to this -- Noah had an awfully awkward sense of humor.

Noah will see what the Genie offers.

NOAH OLSON

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RaNdOM
Entertain me, fools- and oh, how they do!

The genie watches with overt delight at the various antics performed in its honor, its booming laugh ringing out across the empty snow. "Thank you, fools! You entertain well!" It beams at all the red-lit fools, releasing them from the biting cold. How marvelously amusing the southlings are, as they grovel for its attention! Whether because it adores juggling in particular or thanks to the Ascended's intervention, it is Loren that elicits the loudest laughter, the genie clapping its hands in delight. "Very good, little Southling! You are indeed amusing, and I will make sure you are able to entertain all without fear, for as long as the season persists!"

Alas, not every performance elicits joy. Dropping down abruptly to Hotaru, the genie's expression flashes to something close to anger as it snatches away the mask. "You think to mock me, little Fool? Nay, it is you who will be mocked and stalked until the season ends!"

Rising up again, the genie now seems to look exclusively upon those bathed in blue. Upon the ones who accepted its generosity without question - Jiao, Melita, Kaimana, and Noah - it exhales a breath that wraps around them, dispelling any chill they may feel. "The snow has been kind to you today, little ones, but know that it is a fickle mistress, and to trust in it is to be a fool." Shaking its head, the genie turns approvingly to the ones who stated their wishes. "Alas, my wise Southlings, I lack the power to give you all you dream. Though perhaps for one..."

Again the genie seems to shrink, though this time its expression is kind. Approaching Sunjata, the being presses a surprisingly gentle hand to the panther's cheek. "I cannot give you the ocean, Flooded One. Nor can I return that which the snow took from you. But I can give you a little of my strength, that you might one day blaze a trail of righteous destruction through this land, as you did your home."

Rising to full height once again, the genie surveys the gathered humans. "Know this, mortals! Halo is a cruel place, and few will be kind to you here! You must be willing to take what you need, if you are to survive the ice!"

And then in a puff of red it is gone, with only the old and empty suitcase left upon the ground.

Congratulations Sunjata! You have won a race-specific prize! RANDOM LIST, RANDOM SELECTION

FOOLS
FOOL ROLL
Loren has been granted the following blessing until the end of the month: Jester | All common flora and fauna he encounters will be non-hostile toward (and particularly amused by) Loren until Flowerbirth ends
Hotaru has been granted the following curse until the end of the month: Fool | All common flora and fauna she encounters will be hostile toward (and particularly unamused by) Hotaru until Flowerbirth ends
For giving the genie your boon, ALL FOOLS received +1 in the drop

WISE
For accepting the Genie's mystery boon, Jiao, Melita, Kaimana, and Noah have been granted the following blessing until the end of the month: Boon of the Genie | Recipient will not feel or be affected by the cold until Flowerbirth ends.
All who listed their own boon received +1 in the drop

Thanks for joining us, everyone! All participants of this drop can use it for MP/Leveling! Yay!
EVENT
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
i'll put all my pieces back together where they belong, and i'll say
He remains with the feeling of Melita’s hand between his shoulder blades, watching beneath his steel gaze at how the ’Fools’ the genie had called them, entertain – though his eyes do narrow as it reaches Hotaru, an angry rage filled with the red light. But he knows that she can handle her own, and soon enough the genie has moved on – shifting to focus upon those of them in blue, and Sunjata shifts nervously on his paws, claws digging into the snowpack below.

But he does not expect what’s next – not as the genie shrinks and heads toward Melita and him, and he shifts back into himself – stepping forward in an attempt to try and protect Melita should the genie’s words not prove true. But it is not her that the creature of the snows seeks. Instead, Sunjata’s steel gaze meets the genie’s face as the hand touches his cheek.

It calls him the Flooded One, and a part of him flickers internally in his uncertainty. But it grows bitter as the genie responds about what the snow took, eyes shuttering slightly, shadows returning ever so slightly despite the chill that seeks his bones. It’s soon replaced with the briefest hints of surprise, of blazing trails like he had back home, wondering what kind of power this was and yet dipping his head to the genie regardless.

No need for thank you’s, he imagines. Not as the genie focuses the gathered crowd, speaking and speaking, until suddenly the genie is gone and all that’s left is the suitcase. He turns to Melita and Fangorn, then. “I’m heading back to the Grounds.” She's welcome to come with or remain, but he wants out as quickly as possible.
god, i'm a mess
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.