twin skeletons
Adam!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
first off, you should know, that my light's on but i ain't home
He snorts to Adam’s initial response, and he offers a brief roll of tattooed shoulders to the other man. “This felt like she’d carve me open though, like she could see through me.” As if for emphasis, a shiver runs down his spine and he shakes his head. But at the mention of the how and why him and Phoebe broke up, he takes a deep sip of his gin before his gaze turns to Adam. “Because Lusea came back. Before I exiled myself from Korofi, my father captured Lusea and I and ended up… Killing her. And yet, a few seasons after I arrive here, she just… Appears?” It goes unsaid that he’s lost the flame twice now, but he takes another sip of his drink. “And after that, well, I don’t particularly think that she and I are compatible anymore.” A slight clench to his jaw.

He had been a protector that Phoebe needed, but with Lusea back and some of the things he’s done since then… Well, he didn’t think it worked anymore. The pieces didn’t fit together.

But regardless, he turns his attention back to Adam as he gives a confused laugh, nodding. “Oh, they did. Most of the time it was more for rivalries between families before it was vying for the crown. I was… Quiet," soft, terrified. "I didn’t want to do any of it, thought I was going to die in the first ten minutes.” He recalls the brief feeling of numbness, the cold mud covering his body as he hid, and the gun that had appeared. “I kind of just… It was all a blur and then I was standing there surrounded by fifteen other dead kids.” He shakes his head. “But I'd won, some fucking how.” In fact, as he thinks of how much of a target the Trials could have been, he can't help but to cringe a bit at the thought. "They broadcast my face across the county." A small frown at that, seeing his face when he worked patrols across billboards. It's no wonder Lusea and the Rebellion hadn't trusted him the moment they recognized him.

The mention of Safrin and kissing has him smirking slightly into his glass. “I’ve always been a bit bold.” He teases Adam before he looks off into a shadowed corner of the room. “Don’t tell Lusea’s ghost, but probably the best kiss I’ve ever had.” He snorts and takes a deep sip.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
If it's something I want
then it's something I need
"Wait...did you cheat on the midwife?" Adam asked, a surprised, scandalised smile touching his face. Perhaps it was not the most charitable interpretation of 'not compatible anymore', but Sunjata had just mentioned how his ex had come back...and besides, Sunjata and Phoebe had seemed like a weird match to him anyway. He'd always thought it'd end in tears one way or another.

Once again, Sunjata delved into a story from his childhood that made Adam feel like his own personal childhood horrors were mere rocks compared to Sunjata's mountain of fucked up shit. "...You know, I'll give you some credit - most guys, when they come from that kinda shit, end up all gruff and serious and boring. You're still having some goddamn fun with your life; I can respect that." Raising his glass then knocking back the rest, he laughed when Sunjata praised Safrin's kiss.

"I mean, makes sense, right? A Goddess is probly gonna be better than a human." Secretly, he made a mental goal to one day kiss a Divine Being.
I wasn't built for comfort
I was built for speed
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
There’s a bright laugh that leaves him, edged in something akin to regret. “Not exactly, no. The midwife just left, said Lusea could have me and left.” He huffs somewhat, taking another deep sip of his drink. He doesn’t know if it’s worth it to tell Adam that there had been some cheating involved – that he’d gotten blighted, drunk, among other things, and slept with Phoebe while Lusea remained back home. So he pushes it aside from now, shaking his head.

The mention of giving Sunjata credit, however, does catch his attention – shoves those thoughts deep within. And he offers the other man a slight huff of laughter. “Yeah well, what’s life for if you don’t make it fun?” Shoulders rise and fall in a shrug, uncertain of where it would lead. If he lead a boring, dull life, what was the point in the end?

As for Safrin’s kiss, Sunjata gives Adam a knowing look, a rogue grin to that. “Oh, definitely.” He agrees with a hum of amusement, shaking his head as a quiet laugh escapes him. It certainly was one of his better achievements in life, he thinks.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
If it's something I want
then it's something I need
Adam suspected somehow that Sunjata was not telling him the whole story. Phoebe had just told him to go the second his old flame came back? That didn't sound like young lovers to him. It was often far messier, he knew from experience. Still, Sunjata's romantic drama, as much as he wished it was, wasn't his business. He'd have to get him drunker to ask any more. "If you say so."

Sunjata certainly was having fun if Safrin's kiss was all he said it was. Really, Adam thought Sunjata was doing incredibly well for himself in general. They were very similar, in a lot of ways, except that the other man actually seemed to have at least some of his shit together.

Adam may have been a tiny bit jealous.

Clearing his throat, he emptied the rest of his cup then sat up, smacking his thighs and looking about. "Alright, I should probably get going. I've got a boyfriend to smoke and a drug to kiss, or something like that."
I wasn't built for comfort
I was built for speed
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Adam, in the near future, would get a front row seat to all the drama involving him and his love life – he’s certain of it. But for the time, they’re both blissfully unaware, unaware of the events of Fiat Lux and the wedding that takes place after. And it’s nice, actually. He tips his head toward Adam in a small amount of agreement before he finishes his drink and sets the empty glass along the table, shifting in his seat.

As Adam clears his throat and finishes his own glass, Sunjata’s gaze finds Adam’s with an amused curl to his lip. “Ah, enjoy.” He rumbles, a breathy laugh leaving him at that. “And thanks for doing this, by the way.” He says, gesturing to each of the golden rings in his ears, a slight smile crossing his face at that.

- FIN
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA