twin skeletons
Adam!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
first off, you should know, that my light's on but i ain't home
There’s a brighter chuckle that leaves him at the comment he receives from Adam as he lifts his hand and waves the other man off. “Not you.” He manages through his amusement. “My preferences lie solely with women, thanks.” A toothy grin is sent back Adam’s way before he shakes his head with a small snort.

Still, he lets Adam get comfortable before he takes his own glass and props his boots up on the table beside them, reaching up to wiggle the earring around a little, to ensure it’ll heal without getting stuck. “I’m sure someone here would take pity on me and grant me new ears.” He says somewhat thoughtfully, glancing back over at Adam before he explains his history, his hone and the hardships of it before focusing on Adam’s own commentary.

A pang of jealousy cuts through him at the mention that his mother had said his mother told him she loved him since he was little. He takes a deeper sip of the drink at that. “Sounds nice.” He says quietly at first before sighing lightly. “I first heard it from my mother after my trial. It was also one of the last times.” A brief pause as he glances over to Adam. “My father killed her a few years later after I rebelled.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
If it's something I want
then it's something I need
"Wow, how boring." Adam teased. "Are you really a cool sexy roguish hero if you haven't sucked at least one dick?" Personally he'd sucked many, but he'd always been an over-achiever.

He wasn't sure if anyones magic could actually achieve new ears, the thought making him laugh. "What if they give you really ugly ones? Might be better to just go without." Still, it was a comfort to know that if he had horribly messed up the piercing job, Sunjata had a magic fail-safe. "Who is it you'd go to to fix your shit with magic, anyway?"

Adam took a sip at the same time as Sunjata, feeling a little awkward at the obvious lack of love in the man's early life, if his reaction was anything to go from. "...Sorry. About your mum. My dad died when I was five...so..." He gestured uselessly, not really sure what he was trying to get at.
I wasn't built for comfort
I was built for speed
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Before the jealousy hits, Sunjata snorts to Adam’s comment. “I guess I’m not a cool sexy roguish hero.” He admits with a wry smile. Though if that’s what it took to be one, he was absolutely one hundred percent not interested in the slightest. Still, he shakes his head as the comment shifts toward ears, regrowing them or getting new ones before he chuckles lightly at the question.

I usually go and see Loren if I need any fancy magical healing.” He says, looking over to Adam with a slight shrug. “I don’t think he could regrow them, but maybe I could get some neat metal ones from Remi or something.” A half crooked smirk crosses his face, bordering on boyish. Until, well, the conversation shifts toward his mother and his father, his upbringing and the jealousy strikes.

He shrugs at the apology, taking a deep sip before he glances over to Adam’s gesturing, appearing almost somewhat like a fish out of water with the gesture. “It’s alright. I sort of brought it on her, I shouldn’t have been so surprised.” He shrugs – because he’d always taken the deaths around him personally, that had he been better, worked harder, done things differently, that none of it would’ve befallen them. Though chances were, they would have still happened regardless.

What other stories you got of home?” He asks with a tilt of his head, wondering if he can swallow his jealousy enough to focus on the other man and try to imagine what it might have been like to live within the other man’s home.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Age: 36 | Height: 6'3" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
If it's something I want
"Guess not. Sorry you had to find out this way." Adam continued to tease, putting a hand over his chest as if delivering horribly depressing news.

He wrinkled his nose at the mention of Loren. Admittedly the guy was probably the best one out of his family, but that really wasn't saying a right lot. "Hmmm. Just be careful he doesn't turn you over to his fucked up cousin, cos she'll probably just burn the ears right off your fucking head." Adam rubbed at his arm where he'd had aches from the lightning that Zariah had shot through his body.

Unsure if 'brought it on her' meant an accident or an intentional murder, Adam left that particular conversation for a later date when he was somewhere with more people, or far less sober.

"Oh, I got hundreds of stories. Uhhh, lemme see. Okay." Sitting up a little he splayed out his fingers, preparing Sunjata for an epic tale. "One time, I stole the crown jewels...for a week, but still. I didn't even really mean to? But I was walking down the street and I see this rich carriage go by. I think hey, good money in that, so I follow for a bit and I see it's just the one girl in there. So I wait til it's crowded around in then just poke my head in. Hoping to grab whatever. Guess what happened next?"
I was built for speed
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
At Adam’s tease, Sunjata can’t help the snort that leaves him. “Heartbroken, trust me.” He offers unhelpfully, smiling at the thought of it, but not willing or ever wanting to give into the thought of what it would take to be seen as such in Adam’s eyes. But the conversation shifts, toward Zariah, another Launceleyn he’d connected the dots to. All Sunjata can do is chuckle at that too, raising his glass to his lips despite the way his nose wrinkles.

I met her recently, actually. Asked about what she’d had Lucas do when we worked for her before. I think she was trying to intimidate me.” A roll of his shoulder. “Don’t care for her much. Don’t think Loren does either.” His gaze drifts over to Adam at that before the jealousy settles and he asks to listen to a story – trying to check and see the shift in how different yet similar their lives were.

And well, quite different he finds out. “The crown jewels? They had… just left them out?” He asks with a tilt of his head, a raise of his brow, shocked and surprised all the same. His father had kept their precious trinkets in bunkers underground, security around the clock. Still, he listens, sipping delicately with interest. “What happened next?” He asks, the edge of a smirk hinting on his face.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
If it's something I want
"I think she's trying to intimidate everyone." Adam said sarcastically, as if this was not working, when he'd run away from the manor as soon as Zariah had brought her lightning powers out. Though as much as he didn't care for the subject of the woman, something Sunjata said piqued his interest. "...What did Lucas do?"

As for the rest of his story. He laughed at the question and shook his head, then paused and shrugged. "Well. Kinda...? So I lean into the carriage and theres this girl and she's holding a bag all tight to her chest." Adam mimicked this, fist at his breastbone as if holding close something precious. "The second I put my face in there she screams and drops it, so I grabbed it. Figured it might be important - real fancy bag. Leather with loads of lace bits and stuff inside. Thought for a moment it was some kind of lingerie holder." That probably would have been a better outcome.

"There's a lot of yelling and the guards seemed way more bothered than usual but I managed to make it out to my hiding spot. I empty out the bag and these big jewels come out. Like diamonds, emeralds, real big and shiny and shit. I was--" Here Adam imitated his reaction at the time, wide eyes and a mimed 'what the fuck' coming from his lips. "Turns out, its tradition or whatever, that when a princess is gonna get married, she has to take the jewels over to the new husband for them to stay in his palace for a week. I dunno. I didn't really get it." He shrugged. "...Want to know how I got caught?"
I was built for speed
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
There’s a snort at that comment of Zariah, and Sunjata inclines his head in agreement. But at the question of what Lucas did, Sunjata’s brows raise slightly in a small amount of surprise. He thought Adam had known, or maybe it was just because Sunjata had been the record keeper that he knew of it all. He taps a finger on the book with worn leather binding before sipping from his drink again. “Well, she ruled when we all started, you know? She’d turn her nose up at the things we did so long as we did things for her less favorable.” His head tilts briefly, as if seeing if the other man recalls any of it making sense.

Regardless, the conversation shifts to Adam’s story, and Sunjata gives the other man his full attention. A snort is given when the contents of the bag is revealed, the tradition too. “Seems ridiculous.” He offers with a quiet laugh before he shakes his head. “How’d you get caught?” He asks, wondering what multitude of ways the other man could have gotten caught. Was it as depressing as when he and Lusea had gotten captured? Was it as heroic as some of the other escapes he’s heard of?
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
If it's something I want
Sunjata's answer was...vague, to say the least; it was hardly the hot gossip Adam had hoped for. "That doesn't really answer my question, does it? Did I do something for Zariah without knowing about it? What're you going on about?" He'd not known anything about any work they'd done for or around Zariah.

Adam grinned as Sunjata agreed the tradition seemed ridiculous. He'd thought so too, and yet this was one of the few of his stories that was entirely true. Sometimes, the world was far more bizarre than he could invent stories to be. "So...actually, for a while they had no idea who'd done it. There had been a huge crowd but a lot of people had been looking up into the carriage and I guess people had reasons for wanting to accuse each other. My name was in the mix, but I wasn't the top suspect. I just told the guard at my door that I wanted to catch a look at the princess. I don't know how the hell he believed that, since I care about the royals about as much as I care about looking posh." He shrugged. Must have just been his award winning charisma.

"Thing is...uh..." He laughed and took a drink - this was not the dignified part of the story. "I lost them. And it wasn't me that found them; I brought a girl home from the bar and she was digging about under my bed for ahem. Supplies. When she found them and what does she do? Goes running with her knickers still down yelling I GOT THE JEWELS! I guess that's what a ten thousand reward does to people." Shaking his head, the picture of disappointment, Adam sighed and put his bottle down. "All things considered, I didn't really do too bad out of it. Exile, I managed to get to, but given I was the ex-husband of the King's cousins daughter...well, it was kind of a long road, but I got myself back in there."
I was built for speed
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He thought perhaps Adam might have put two and two together, but as the other man questions him Sunjata inclines his head slightly with an amused rogue look crossing his face. “Inadvertently, it’s likely.” He begins, settling a bit and turning the glass with the gin in his hand. “She was beginning that militia to try and protect the people here, but she let Lucas get away with whatever he wanted. And Lucas, in turn, let us get away with whatever we wanted.” He explains, waving a hand slightly in his own small amount of explanation. He can’t think of anything off the top of his head that sticks out that they did, but… Somehow, someway, Zariah had been involved one way or another.

But Sunjata soon grows involved in Adam’s story, a chuckle leaving him at Adam’s grin. But he waits, patiently, as the other man continues on and Sunjata focuses on the tale that’s weaved. Another chuckle leaves him at the comment of caring about royals, something he can understand. Still, he remains silent while Adam drinks to continue the story.

Dark brows raise at the comment of the girl digging about under the bed, and Sunjata chuckles lightly once more. But a whistle leaves him soon after, at the mention of the bounty. “Quite a bounty.” He offers, a cheshire look crossing his face. It fades a fraction as Adam comments he had been exiled. “You know, it’s a wonder what nobles will do to keep their nobility from facing the worst punishment.” It’s almost rhetorical as he shifts his gaze to his glass. “I ended up self-exiling myself from Korofi. Was either death or remain and get married off to some poor Qhayi girl.” Steel eyes slip to Adam then with a half crooked boyish smile. “Qhayi were regarded for being powerful magic users, though it’s all smoke and mirrors. Nothing like what Caido has. She’d probably have spent her days shaking a cup with bones in it and telling terrible fortunes.” He hums, before he shakes his head.

But I took my sister with me and we left as soon as we could. Never wanted to go back.” He chuckles, reaching forward to pour more gin into Adam’s glass.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
If it's something I want
"Eeeewwww." Adam wrinkled his nose, looking exactly like a little boy presented with a food he didn't like as he heard he might have done some work for Zariah. Still, at least it sounded like it had been all rather indirect, rather than anything she or he would know about. "Do you have the same deal with Wessex...or...Rexanna? Whoever the fuck is Queen now. It's hard to keep up."

He'd always been skilled at weaving together a narrative; in bars where no one had wanted his bed for a night, he had often made coin by sitting on the bar and regaling the patrons with some grand heroic tale. "I was only noble in a really tangential way, but it was enough they were willing to let me back in on the condition I didn't steal any more of their shit. And I didn't....that they knew of." With a wink, he took a drink and listened to what Sunjata was saying.

"Hey, maybe those bone glasses were really useful." He laughed, gladly taking the extra gin. "The magic here is insane though, isn't it? Sometimes I can't believe it still, and I've been here over a year now. I was kinda bummed when I got here and I couldn't do anything exciting."
I was built for speed
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A light smirk crosses his face at Adam’s nose wrinkling. But when the question of if he has the same sort of deal with the current queen, he shakes his head in amusement. “Nope. You’ll find neither of them like me much. Wessex, maybe a bit more than Rexanna.” He shrugs. “But… I’m part of the militia too, so I’d like to see her try anything.” A wink sent Adam’s way.

But the conversation shifts once more and Sunjata focuses on what Adam has to say, a chuckle leaving him as it’s explained. “Better that way.” He agrees, sipping from his glass. “Well, I wish I had been as… removed as you. My father was essentially the king of our county.” They used different terms, there, but the idea was the same. “Lusea used to call me Princeling when we were back home in Korofi.” He snorts, shaking his head and wrinkling his nose at that term too.

The bone glasses were absolutely useless, unless you wanted to knock someone over the head with them.” He hums contemplatively, as though he’d done it once or twice before. But the comment of being… normal, hits him as his steel gaze drifts back to Adam. “Ah, yes. I arrived the same. No magic, no shifts, nothing. But then I asked Safrin to attune and she made me one of hers.” He says with a growing smirk.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
If it's something I want
Sunjata being in the militia was a bit of a surprise. Skinny roguish criminals were rarely soldiers too - most of the ones Adam had known were drunk layabouts that only entered into fights for their own gain, himself included. "Why doesn't Rexanna like you? I don't know her...really much at all, but everyone seems to think she's nice."

Adam did not at all envy Sunjata's heritage. He supposed if he'd been born into a royal family his opinions might have been different, but as it was he was very content to be as far removed from the nobles as he was. "Were you ever gonna get to rule anywhere, then? If your dad popped it and you wanted to?" That kind of responsibility had always grossed Adam out, though Sunjata seemed to take more to leadership roles.

"You just...asked? You didn't have to do a quest or anything?" He asked of Sunjata's Attuned gift, surprised that a Goddess would give away something like that so easily.
I was built for speed
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Ah and that’s where they differ, because Sunjata had been born with the full intention of turning him into a soldier, into a leader, into a king of sorts. But the boy had other plans, had fallen along them easily and perfectly, taking the training he’d gathered and turned it back on his merciless father. But at the mention of why Rexanna didn’t like him, he snorts. “She’s friends with the midwife. She threatened she’d do something if I hurt her while we were together.” He shrugs. The Penumbra was fierce when those she cared about were involved. And since, he’d tried to keep a wide berth. “But, seeing as I’m single as can be now, shouldn’t cause any problems.” He hopes it doesn’t, at least.

He question Adam gives him next takes him a small amount by surprise, and his steel gaze flits back to Adam with a quiet contemplative nod. “I was supposed to rule the county.” He shrugs once more. “At seventeen years old we have this thing called a Trial, and they take a bunch of noble boys that age and some other family boys that are old enough and toss them into a pit and see who lives. And then, when the current Arbiter — Er, King dies, the previous winners fight for the crown.” Theres an almost distant look to his gaze at this. “The crown had stayed in the Senzaok name for quite some time, six generations or so, until I went and got with Lusea at nineteen.” A brief explanation of that ordeal.

But the mention of Attuning has the shadows lightening from his eyes as he nods. “Yeah. Went to the shrine in the glade and asked anyone there if I could attune. Safrin showed, kissed me, and I was a bird.” He snorts, shaking his head and sipping from his glass.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Adam Pikely
Smuggler's Liaison

Change author:
If it's something I want
"Oh. I mean, people say that kinda shit about their friends all the time when someone starts dating them." Adam shrugged - he'd been told more times than he could count in his life that if he hurt so-and-so he'd face the consequences; sometimes he had, sometimes he hadn't. "How come you broke up? I did think it was kind of a weird match, honestly."

Sunjata's explanation of how their King was chosen seemed so bizarrely complicated and violent that Adam couldn't help the confused laugh into his glass as he drunk some gin down. "Seems like that'd just kill a bunch of nobles and provide a really easy way for someone with a grudge to take them all down. If I was some revolutionary dude it'd be my first target." All the young successors in one place, anxious and alone? It was like an anarchist wet dream.

"Bold. Just showing up and asking for it." He snorted. "Was she a good kisser?"
I was built for speed
ADAM
Base Code by Sky!