Training the way to a man's heart
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
The white sheep of the family
After hearing that he’d be participating in an exhibition match with Deimos during Fiat Lux, Loren had sent Amalia a note. It had been a bit sparse on details, simply asking her to meet him at the Military Barracks for a friendly sparring match, a repeat of the one they’d had before. When she arrived, he gave her a happy smile. ”Thanks for coming! Anything goes still good?” He paced a decent distance away before turning to face the baker.

However, it shifted to a sheepish grin before too long. ”Also. I should confess to having ulterior motives. Deimos asked me to spar with him at Fiat Lux to attract people to the militia. Assuming there still is a militia.” He shrugged somewhat awkwardly. ”Considering he thrashed me last time we sparred, I was hoping you might have some inside knowledge on his weak spots.” Maybe it was a bad idea to ask her for help defeating her beau, but the summoner turned a hopeful look her way.

And then he blasted a high speed jet of water at her.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
AmaLiA
Safrin's shield
Amalia had been thoroughly surprised to be invited to a sparring match with Loren, especially given how disastrously their last attempt to do this panned out. Still she arrives at the assigned place and time, her new skin glistening in the Flowerbirth sun, long horns coiling above a regal head, scales lining her neck and back as she looks upon the mage.

Anything goes feels once again questionable, but Loren has turned away before she has the chance to do much more than pulse the silent equivalent of a shrug, cloven hooves shifting anxiously on conjured steps of cloud. The declaration of ulterior motives earns something of a glittering, musical quasi-laugh: I can't say I'd be much help with that. He's a far better fighter than me, too.

All of this, though, is simple preamble, the build up to an inevitable clash, and Loren does not waste time on pleasantries. The blast of water takes Amalia by surprise; not expecting so abrupt an onslaught, she can do little except turn toward the side, taking the brunt of the spray to her shoulder. With a barked bellow of surprise the qilin blinks her great eyes rapidly, her attention now focused squarely on retaliation.

Too far to do much damage on her own, Amalia calls upon those she might treat as friends, a similar act to her last battle with her lover. This time, though, she reaches to the sky, calling to nearby starlings and sparrows and suggesting that Loren may be an optimal target upon which to empty their bladders and their bowels.

At the same time she springs to the side, her lithe body moving swiftly and (hopefully) unpredictably around the summoner- though her long tail flicks back in an attempt to swat his face playfully, its lush tuft of lilac fur soft and unignited - for now.
& once again I shall kiss the sky
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Although Loren was surprised to see Amalia arrive as a qilin, he recovered quickly. The summoner nodded at her response. ”Was worth a shot.” Then, however, the sparring was on in earnest. As she took to the skies, the summoner’s eyes widened, and he was swatted in the face by her tail for his trouble. She was fast.

Then the poop started falling on him, and he grimaced. Calling deeply upon his magic, water exploded out of him in a wave hopefully pushing her back (incidentally washing off the stool). He quickly shaped it into a rapidly spinning dome with a radius of ten feet from him, about two feet thick. That would hopefully discouraged further aerial attacks from birds and qilin both.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
AmaLiA
Safrin's shield
His water dome does indeed deter her, the qilin dancing away on conjured clouds to avoid its quickly encroaching boundaries. Her tail, unfortunately, is caught within, the soft fur once used to playfully slap now thoroughly doused and heavy behind her as it drags upon the ground. Unfair! she calls to him mentally, teasing, her head tilted as she takes a careful step toward the spinning wall of water, raising a hoof to see how easily the shield will be to permeate.

At the same time she reaches down to the earth - not for the plants that reside within, but the creatures that creep and crawl. Closing her eyes Amalia calls upon a pair of moles, pushing them to dig out the ground a couple inches beneath where the summoner stands. Her plan is to cause the dirt to collapse beneath him. As she watches from the other side of the wall the earth begins to shiver and shake, the saturated edges quickly giving way to a newly formed river of mud.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren’s amusement was evident, and he teased Amalia right back.You turn into a flying creature that bursts into flame and can call upon other animals to do your dirty work! No way am I fighting fair. As the earth began to tremble beneath his feet, and he felt himself sink into the mud, he let out a huff of laughter, more annoyed than in actual danger.

Keeping the dome going, he extracted himself from the mole trap as best he could with a blast of water, and stepped onto more even footing. Then he froze the ground into a solid sheet of ice within his dome with the water he'd just created. Neat trick. What else you got up your sleeve? He didn't move from his current position, content to wait her out as long as he had to.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AmaLiA
Safrin's shield
He flaters but does not drop the dome, causing Amalia to pull back her large ears in a brief flicker of frustration. What is she supposed to do with this? She doesn't have any magic to combat it, and she doesn't want to get any other animals hurt, and it's not as though babe can just...

...walk...

...on water.

The laugh that leaves her then is riotous, a mirthful sound of waterfalls as she fixes Loren with the qilin-equivalent of a smirk. Well, now I want to see what all the fuss is about! she declares, placing a cloven hoof on the wall of water and beginning to ascend to the top of the dome.

Reaching the top in two graceful leaps, Amalia looks around with all the smug satisfaction of someone who has conquered the world. Only for a second, though- then she begins to slap the water with her strong tail, hoping to break the surface tension and send sprays inward at the summoner. A taste of his own medicine, as it were, which he will either have to endure or drop the shield, leading to a qilin falling on his head.

(or not, because her abilities stop her from actually stepping on any living thing- but he doesn't need to know that, yet.)
the Firebrand

Change author:
As Amalia began to ascend the dome of water, Loren’s eyes widened. He absolutely had not realized she could do that, and surprise spilled through their bond. It didn't take her long to reach the top, and her tail slapped at the surface of the dome. It was enough to douse him with water.

That left him sputtering. It also disrupted the surface of the dome and his carefully constructed magic. The water fell in an arc, but as it did he gathered in and froze it. Then he sent that frozen block shooting at the qilin that had risen to directly above him, though the water it had walked on was no longer there.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Change author:
AmaLiA
Safrin's shield
She expects the water to fall away, and so as Loren seems to lose his focus the qilin gently jumps, trying to angle her body so that she does not land on the summoner once he sheds his shield.

She doesn't expect him to send the water back at her in solid form. It clips her left side, throwing her off balance and ruining her graceful descent. With a bleat of surprise Amalia flails, her hooves hitting the not-ground awkwardly, the impact sending her stumbling to her knees. It doesn't hurt too bad - a bruise on her side, but the mud caught much of her impact - but the Shield opts not to get up, mentally laughing in surrender. Alright, I think you win this round- clearly I need more practice with this form.
the Firebrand

Change author:
As his ice block clipped Amalia, Loren winced in sympathy. She flailed about in the air, and the summoner took the opportunity to call more water to his hands. However, when she stumbled to the ground and called a halt to it, he tossed it aside. "You did absolutely fine!" There was a great deal of encouragement and warmth in those words, as well as in his mind.

He waved a hand awkwardly. "Let me know if you need healing." If she said yes, he'd briefly place a hand on her shoulder and chase away her bruises. If not, he'd given her a nod. "Thanks for sparring. I'll see you at Fiat Lux! Hopefully Deimos will go easy on me." There was quite a bit of wry amusement in that last comment. With that, he turned to go.

-FINISHED for Loren
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!