flew me to places I'd never been
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
The white sheep of the family
Following Remi to the other side of the wagon, Loren stayed quiet, still working on his meditative state. As the alchemist commented on the effect, the summoner peered more closely, smiling briefly when he saw the illusion at work. ”Beautiful. I’m sure Ronin will love it.” The corners of the Launceleyn’s mouth twitched. ”Oh right, and Aoife.”

Stepping back, he gave the other man a cautious smile as the Launceleyn clasped his hands behind his back. "Do you still need to do more?" It was definitely shaping up, but then again Loren still had very little idea what they were doing here, and how much or what work need to be done. His uncertainty was evident in his expression and his mind.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i've got a river for a soul
"My guess is while Ronin is outside of this wagon he will be fighting monsters, and when he is in it, he will be eating or sleeping. Maybe some combination of both." Remi chuckled back, an affectionate blush of pink colouring his cheeks as he shook his head as if ruefully. "I grew up in a wagon. Not like this of course, but seeing parts of the countryside as I did?" Now Remi's smile grew sweet, allowing himself a moment of reprieve in one of only a handful of happy times from his younger days that his father hadn't managed to spoil.

Snapping himself out of it at the sound of Loren's voice, Remi ruffled an apologetic and bashful hand through his curls before tugging in a breath and nodding. "The roof is next. Same sort of thing, only with wood instead of glass. Still care to help?" The alchemist asked, offering Loren a fleeting look before glancing away to give the man every opportunity should he want to go.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Although it probably was unwise, Loren couldn’t help but laugh at Remi’s description. ”Just eating and sleeping, huh?” There might’ve been the faintest twinkle in the summoner’s eye, or it might’ve been a trick of the light. However, his expression softened. ”Well I imagine there hasn’t ever been a wagon quite like this. Are you excited to be on the road again? What was it like?” For just a moment, there was an eagerness in the Launceleyn’s tone, but it faded quickly.

At the alchemist's question, Loren instantly and enthusiastically nodded. "Just tell me where you need me." He'd followed whatever instructions the other man issued, though the summoner still wasn't sure his presence was strictly necessary.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"Ahh yes, that's right. He does paint as well." The alchemist agreed with a crooked smile, imagining with amusement the broody look Ronin would have when told he'd been the subject of conversation with Loren. Especially when it came to what he may or may not be doing inside of the wagon.

"Well, Ianto's.." Remi corrected without really thinking, shrugging his shoulders. Then again, the hawk might have been the only one who'd been allowed inside to see all the wagon could offer. "I am, yes." Remi's smile faded somewhat, his father casting a shadow on whatever he'd been thinking of. "For the most part it was lonely and hard work. We moved around, and after my mother was gone, I was more a burden than anything. My father only kept me around to add legitimacy to his sob story."

It wasn't, but Loren seemed keen enough to help. "Err..top or bottom?" Remi asked with a lopsided smile, before pointing towards the wagon: either Loren could be on the top to steady the board, or on the bottom to hold it in place.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Letting out a huff of laughter, Loren nodded. ”That’s right, he does.” However, his expression faltered, unsure if he could or should be speaking with such familiarity. Finally he sighed, and crossed his arms. ”I don’t really know Ianto.” The summoner’s voice came out quietly.

It stayed quiet, though it gained a gentle and comforting tone as Remi recounted his past. ”I’m sorry to hear that.” The Launceleyn shifted his weight awkwardly from one foot to the other. Feeling a great deal of relief with the alchemist explained the next step, the summoner let his hands drop to his sides. "Bottom." He moved so that he shift the board as needed, then held it as best he could.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"No, if your trade was any indication, you do not." The alchemist said with a grin, having overheard what the summoner had offered his fox-friend and how it was received.

"Don't be. It was a long time ago." Remi replied, his voice light and his smile ever sunnier for it. His conversations with Loren as of late seemed to be filled with little more than apologies, almost none of which were needed.

Surprised that his comment hadn't elicited even a smirk from the summoner, the alchemist bit back on a sigh and nodded. Climbing to the top of the wagon with a ladder on the opposing side, Remi dexterously perched himself above and nodded to Loren. Below a large slat of wood would appear; crudely formed and not at all the sort of thing that would work as a roof. "Whenever you are ready." He said, reaching down to grab the board as soon as Loren started to lift it.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren tilted his head, and gave Remi a confused look”I got the bad end of the deal, then? Any tips for how to do better next time?” There was just a simple curiosity in the summoner’s voice. His expression and tone both softened at the alchemist’s response about his childhood. ”Alright.” The Launceleyn ran a distracted hand through his hair.

As the wood appeared above him, Loren lifted it into place as best he could. His physical strength had never been his strong suit, but hopefully he could keep it there for as long as the other man needed. The summoner turned his whole attention to ignoring his arms' discomfort and to moving as little as possible.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Wine for one...Ianto is more of a smoker than a drinker. And a bear? What use a fox for a stuffed toy?" The alchemist said with a shrug, the look on his face softly amused as he tried to work out how to describe what things Ianto would want. "He likes stories. Kisses even more, favours most I should think."

Noticing what strain Loren showed, the alchemist lightened the load with a bit of telekinesis until the board was fit in place. Once done, the wood suddenly warped and twisted, becoming rich and thick, beautifully sculpted and immaculately transformed. Placing nearly the same enchantment on it as the windows, the ceiling would reveal either scattered clouds and sunny skies, falling drops of rain from misty skies, or a perfectly starry night.

Tapping on the top to indicate he was finished (given the barrier between them now), the alchemist jumped nimbly from the roof to the ground. "That's that for today. Thank you for the help."
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren simply nodded at Remi’s advice for what to give Ianto. ”I’ll keep that in mind. Thanks!” There was a quietly grateful tone in the summoner’s words.

As the board mysteriously lightened, he let out a huff of laughter. Amusement spilled through his mind as his suspicion about the necessity of his presence here was confirmed. Still, he let out an appreciative gasp as the wood transformed and grew, and another one as the illusion then covered it.

Extracting himself from the wagon far less gracefully than the alchemist had hopped down, the Launceleyn smiled. "You're welcome. Same time tomorrow?" Astra, having been distracted by at the Fiat Lux shenanigans, sensed it was time for goodbye, and trotted up from wherever she'd been amusing herself. She walked right up to the other man and bumped his chest gently with her antlers, then stared up with happy eyes. Loren laughed outright at the sight, then reached out to gently pull the luxere from Remi. Then the summoner waved at the alchemist, before turning to go.
Will blood tell

Coding base by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Feeling the knowing pulse, Remi grinned slyly from above, pulsing a wayward amusement back through the bond though saying nothing. He didn't need the help no, but he also didn't mind the company.

"Sure." The alchemist said, instantly dropped to his knees to receive Astra's goodbye. As Loren tugged her away Remi rose, dusted off his pants, and turned to fiddle with some other aspect of the wagon before calling it a day.

~FIN