spooky, scary
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
It’s alright. Maybe we can check in with someone more familiar with construction, or see if the Atheneum has a book on materials. Unfortunately, Loren couldn't help but be amused at Oliver's frustration about the dye. So? Underneath the amusement, there was genuine confusion.

However, it shifted to comfort and encouragement as the fox expressed his annoyance at his faulty memory. It's okay! You're remembering more and more every day. And no one really knows how the portals work, though they definitely don't seem to be one hundred percent effective.

As the other man leapt into the air for a tackle, the summoner snarled a bit. He also dodged to one side, Oliver's preparation giving Loren ample time to get out of the way of the pounce. He kept going, sprinting back the direction they came. Race you back to the Hollowed Grounds!
DON'T CARE
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
That...could help. Oliver would love to be able to know at least the name of the city he came from, that could be a major help. With a nod, the fox sent a bundle of happy emotions to Loren. Yes! And I actually know some people came from places similar to mine. Like Bas! He sounded genuinely excited, like this could be the key to unlocking the rest of his memories. Though, this dwindled a small bit when Loren still didn't understand the hair dye thing. I'm already made fun of enough, don't need to give them more fodder. Yeah...Oliver was dealing with some stuff that he didn't really wanna talk about so thanks Loren!

Moving on past those nasty, pesky thoughts, Oliver focuses on Loren's continual advice and comfort. The man still manages to make him feel okay with his lack of memory, that he isn't suffering. I hope someday I can remember it all. When I do, you'll be the first person I tell. It was a promise, one that was only solidified by the emotions sent his way. Oliver would keep it up no matter what.

The badger didn't want to fight and instead ran right past him! His body his the ground and he rolled over before getting right back up onto his feet. Running after the Badger, he called out. Hey! Come back here and fight me! Fight me Loren! He wanted to [i]fight. And Loren damn well better fight him!
A fox is a wolf who sends flowers.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LOREN
Loren’s thoughts were, well, thoughtful this time around. I don’t know a whole lot about Bastien’s world. I’ll have to ask him about it some time. However, his mind grew concerned and maybe a bit angry at Oliver's next comment. Who is making fun of you? And who would make fun of you for your hair? The fierce rise of the protective feelings was a shock, but the summoner had never liked bullies.

Cocking his head at the fox, the Launceleyn found himself oddly touched by the other man's comment. I don't have to be the first person you tell. Still, there was a great deal of affection in Loren's mind.

Then they were racing. You have to catch me first. And with that, he shifted into a goose and leapt into the air, flying just above where Oliver would be able to reach.
DON'T CARE
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
A short nod and Oliver agrees with him. Yeah, I've been meaning to ask more, but there's never been a right time. I found someone else who kinda is similar, named Lily....but she didn't seem to get my whole memory loss thing, so I wouldn't recommend asking her. She was sweet with a gorgeous voice, but she probably wouldn't understand why she had to help seeing as she basically showed no interest in helping him previously.

Immediately, his ears went against his head as he felt a sudden mixture of emotions. Maybe he had used....the wrong words. Okay, yeah, he had. It was a mixture of embarrassment and him simply not feeling like he could be honest. Well....I don't know. People kinda just talk down to me a lot... Some people treated him like he was an idiot, which he was, but he didn't want that. And there's this one person....at first I thought he was flirting with me, but right now it feels like he's using me. Making me feel small because he knows what'll get to me. He can't even dare look at Loren, clearly very embarrassed about this part. It was really the first time he had properly talked to someone about any of this.

Well....you don't have to be the first person, but I want you to be. You've been so...nice and helpful. And I like it. You've cared a lot about my memories so it only seems fit that you get to find out first. Unlike some people who made him feel guilty for withholding information....

Loren was able to help him shake away any bad memories by frustrating him! Well, not really frustrating? More like making Oliver feel a bit more motivated. Trucking it forward, Oliver tried to force himself to run faster. Not fair! Fight me fair and square! Don't cheat Loren, nobody likes a cheater! He wouldn't look up at the goose, rather, he'd try to use his hearing to listen for wherever he was.
A fox is a wolf who sends flowers.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
When Oliver mentioned Lily, Loren pulsed acknowledgment at the fox. At the further explanation about what the other man had meant, the summoner made sure understanding and support spread through their bond. People talked down to me a lot when I was new. Still do. It’ll get better once they get to know you. As for this man, don’t let him get to you. If you can’t stop his words from hurting you, then avoid him entirely. Although the words were warm and comforting, they were also mostly just matter-of-fact.

After Oliver once again expressed his desire for the Launceleyn to be the first to know when the fox’s memories returned, Loren was silent for a long but happy moment. I appreciate that. The depth of gratitude was shocking to him, but genuine.

Loren was heading straight back towards the Hollowed Grounds as fast as his wings could fly him there. You asked for a run, or exploration, not a fight. So that’s what you get. There was a little bit of mischief behind that thought. Also, word of advice? No one is going to give you a fair fight, and asking for one is just gonna get you killed. So get used to fighting dirty. His thoughts had grown quite a bit more serious on that thought. With that, he beat his wings even more fiercely, planning to lead them both home.

-FINISHED
DON'T CARE