Key Quest dark star
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
the wounds are open and bleeding out
It’s over and it’s dark, and there’s a rage in Ronin like fire on his skin, like iron in his bones, and it tastes like blasphemy.

His head hurts - there’s a pressure there, like something crushing his skull, and his mouth is dry. Before him stands the Temple, a place where he has shed tears and shared hopes.

A place of faith, a place of peace.

Oh, and how it all falls down.

The light that shines from Ronin is harsh, uneven, coming in bursts and waves that nonetheless identify him to all who draw close. So there’s no denying it, then, as he lifts his hand - a hand ablaze with a bolt of starlight - and hurls it at the Temple. Wood cracks. Glass smashes. He readies another bolt.

Sanctuary be damned. All of you be damned.

Ronin has seen the truth of Caido, and it can all go ahead and burn.

THE
DARK STAR

Table coding by Sky

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
There is madness in the making and some already well underway.

You know what needs to be done. The Sanctuary, or the Dark Star? One must fall.

One must always fall.

Welcome to the Key Quest. Against Ronin.

You have 48 hours to respond. So that nothing is missed, please include a quick summary at the bottom of your post.

REMEMBER: KQs are rewarding, but dangerous. They may cause death and/or permanent changes to your characters - join at your own risk!

1. Amalia
2. Samuel
3. Amun
4. Wessex
5. Jigano

Coding base by Sky!
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
the darkest nights produce the brightest stars
"RONIN!"

Her scream pierces light and darkness, trembling and echoing through the space between them. She saw the bolt, felt the electricity- it bites at her with static teeth, but she cannot look away. Hands balled at her sides, the Shield of Safrin stares at the Dark Star - her friend, her king, whose wedding she performed - her black eyes wide in disbelief and hurt.

This isn't him. This isn't him. And she cannot be asked to choose.

"What in Safrin's name are you doing? Stop!"
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
I want roses set on fire
And I, well I want what’s best for me
When Sam first heard something was attacking the Temple he had imagined the monsters of Longnight, beasts torn and bent by years of destruction. Yet instead found Ronin, best and brightest of the Demi Gods...it was a shock. Immediately though, he knew he couldn't leave it be. No Natural could.

He'd run from his shop invisible and almost stayed that way as he saw Amalia, knew she would likely disapprove of what he was planning to do. But he'd promised himself he wasn't going to hide anymore - in fact, he had to show himself to make it clear that he was protecting the town just as much as any non-Ascended were.

"Any more and I call The Voice!" He yelled out, knowing he had some of Nate's old channelling magic still within him (clenched his hand into a fist at his side, feeling as if he held great energy there). Sam hoped it wouldn't have to come to that, but he couldn't let someone just rip through their temple, their sacred space, even if he was a close friend.
And I, I think I know just what that means
Just what that means
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
After Melita there's A Commotion.

So much chaos. So much noise (ah, but Amalia is always yelling these days, isn't she?). So much destruction.

RONIN!

And then Sam's voice, going on about The Voice.

Not right now. Wessex groans and heads towards it, arriving to find Ronin in action and Amalia and Sam watching, or trying to do something. She just stops and stands there, a part of the group but waiiting to see what happens. Would it end up demi-god vs demi-god?
she's pullin' the trigger
cause it's me and the moon, she says
and i have no trouble with that
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Amun had limped away from the festival grounds, left hip leaking fluid and right hand mangled, perhaps beyond repair. He had one thought in his mind: get to a shrine and beg The Voice for healing, as the regular healers couldn't or maybe even wouldn't help his kind.

So imagine his surprise when he saw a glowing figure assaulting the Temple, and Samuel and Amalia standing in its way, and Wessex standing to one side. Gritting his teeth, he forced himself to approach Wessex. Although he'd never seen the glowing man before, there was only one person it could be: Ronin Taliesin, the very far fallen star. The potter stood behind the redhead, and Amun's words were whispered only loud enough for her to hear. "We'll call The Voice." For Wessex, he used their telepathic link. Let's try this like Whitebrim.

Then the potter called out to the Ronin, still half-hidden behind Samuel. "Hey buddy. We don't want to fight you. Come on, let's talk about this." Amun's voice was as reasonable as he could make it, under the circumstances.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Jigano was in no shape to go running off after monsters or villains. He was a healer, a bard; a diplomat at the best of times and an instigator at the worst, but when he let his temper get the better of him and resorted to violence? It always ended poorly.

And yet, he couldn't stop himself.

Safrin had told him he was no hero, merely a mortal, nothing special, and yet there was that in him that craved it, that wanted to be one of those who saved and protected - not just quietly, on the sidelines, but in a way that would be remembered. It was selfish and egotistical, yes, but he had never claimed he was perfect. He had just wanted to be someone like Amalia, like Ronin...

But tragedy could do terribly things to a man. The crack of an explosion at the Sanctuary brought him running, wondering what the next nightmare would be. The last thing he'd expected to see was the Fallen Star continuing to fall, and Jigano drew in a breath as others ahead of him yelled at Ronin to stop.

The bard said nothing, for once. He only flung himself in front of his friends, arms outstretched in pleading defense of the Temple behind him. "Ronin," he begged, "please, what's wrong?"

Jigano shows up and tries to put himself between Ronin and the Temple, begging for an explanation.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
the wounds are open and bleeding out
Aww, sure. Let’s talk. Let’s have a little chat.

Ronin turns at the cries of his name, the threats of the Voice (fuck her, anyway), the pleas to explain himself. By the look of them they had to be there, they had to know, surely.

”What?” His demand is flat, his tone broken, and there is already another bolt of starlight shining in his hands. He hurls it at the Temple, before unhooking Emmett’s axe from its sling, propping it over his shoulder.

”Oh, don’t be so mewling and surprised. It’s about time the gods heard a little home truths, isn’t it?”

Ronin turns away again, walks away this time, leaving a perfectly ethereal version of himself in his place. It is this one who continues to address the group.

”They don’t care about us. So why bother with them? Call the Voice, if you really want. Do it. I dare you to do it.”

THE
DARK STAR

Table coding by Sky

Age: 6 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
So it goes.

Will you talk down the devastated demi god? Will you let the Temple and all it represents fall beneath the weight of Ronin's grief? A grief many of you have felt before, and yet restrained yourself?

As Ronin splits himself into two (how more thinly sliced can he go?), the Temple walls are struck and begin to crumble. The long-protected building groans ominously as bits of debris begin their slow slide from top to bottom...

Welcome to the Key Quest. Against Ronin.

You have 48 hours to respond. So that nothing is missed, please include a quick summary at the bottom of your post.

REMEMBER: KQs are rewarding, but dangerous. They may cause death and/or permanent changes to your characters - join at your own risk!

The group uses MILD PLEAING. It isn't very effective...

Ronin attacks the temple again and HITS!

TEMPLE HP: 332

Order: Ronin (then Court Official to follow), Jigano, Amalia, Amun, Samuel, Wessex,

Coding base by Sky!
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"The world can be plenty fucked up without gods being involved," Jigano tried, looking helplessly between the doubles and then trotting after the one walking away on nothing more than a whim and a prayer that he was guessing right. Gods least fortunate, he didn't want to have to hurt the man, but his friend hardly seemed in his right mind...

"Will destroying the Temple bring anyone back? Return what has been lost? It will only hurt more people. Please, Ronin, don't become what you've spent your life fighting." Pleading, yes, and maybe not effective, but this time Jigano reached out towards his friend, braving the flickering starlight as he tried to touch him - at least to knock the next blast up towards the sky if he couldn't stop it.

Jigano tries to convince Ronin that destruction helps no one! Also he readies to try and knock Ronin's arm up if the Fallen Star tries to starblast again, so the shot goes into the sky instead of the Temple.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
the darkest nights produce the brightest stars
More appear, soldiers she would have preferred not to fight this battle beside. Why the Ascended have come en masse Amalia does not know; it makes the hair on her neck stand up, especially when Sam begins to threaten to summon down The Voice. How can threats of violence help? What good do they hope to do?

At least Wessex, she hopes, is smarter than this. Can understand what it will mean, should the Temple fall.

At least she has Jigano there. Don't let him bring it down, she pleads, watching the Loreseeker approach the further away demigod. Hands raised both to calm Ronin and the others behind her, Amalia steps toward the figure who still speaks to them, her dark eyes pleading. "This doesn't have to happen," she says. "Forget the gods- there are people in the Temple. In the infirmary. Injured people. Remi is in there, Ronin." Alive.

Meanwhile a silver bullet has flown in beside Jigano, Jyoti joining the fray with a baleful cry of loss and empathy. Her voice carrying she exhales all the starlight she can muster, hoping to calm the wounded humans, to keep her earthbound family safe.

Amalia tries to tell Ronin 1 to stop, and that Remi is in the infirmary.
Jyoti tries to calm Ronin 2 with starlight
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Alright, well, this dude was clearly not going to succumb to the subtle charm offensive. Or listen to reason. While Jigano and Amalia tried pleading, and the baker’s nice little whale friend flew around, Amun decided to call this fucker on his dare.

So the potter tapped into the power of the fallen Ezra, the one Amun had been holding on to since LongNight. He poured his whole being into the call. The Voice, I don't know if you can hear me, but your children need your help defending your Temple. If you are listening and are willing to intervene, could you calm him down or subdue him somehow? His prayer was heartfelt and polite, without any of the teasing that he normally

Amun tries to channel The Voice using the power he took from Ezra in temple fun times and asks for a hopefully nonviolent solution to the Ronin problem.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
I want roses set on fire
And I, well I want what’s best for me
More people than Sam had expected gathered to try and stop Ronin; he was surprised to find Ascended were the majority. For the moment he held off on his threat (was it a threat? He supposed so. He had more than anything hoped Ronin would just stop after hearing all of their voices) to see what would happen. After all, people with more charisma than he were going to speak to him.

Thinking if it did get violent he wanted to be as defended as possible, he quietly slipped himself back into invisibility. Not knowing that Amun had tried to summon the Voice he continued to hold his fist by his side, imagining the power held within should he need to use it at any continued violence.

---

Sam stands back for this round and makes himself invisible again.
And I, I think I know just what that means
Just what that means
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
dont know where the lights are taking us
but something in the night is dangerous
Even if Wessex doesn’t give a flying fuck whether the Temple stands or falls (the Ascended have enough shrines and an order to create another), she knows how much the holy place means to her people and to Amalia.

And she knows that look on Ronin’s face. The fuck the world look of anger, pain, and self-destruction. She’s been there before. “You’re so full of shit, Ronin,” spills out of her mouth with a barking laugh. Swaggering slowly forward, Wessex aims to divide the two men with her own presence. She’d heard Amun and his request, and no, she doesn’t agree (surprise, surprise). Try to find out which one is him and which is his projection she requests from Sam and Amun. The goal is to get him out of the Temple. Then go from there.

“You think Gods just resurrect people for fun around here? You think Gods just throw themselves into Spires for anyone? Fuck Safrin, but she’s gone out on limbs for you.” Still advancing slowly, Wessex hopes her plan is working - she’s trying to rile him up. “You don’t hate her. You hate The Voice. And you’re looking for a fight.” Spreading her arms wide, Wessex practically invites him in, stepping back so she can keep both Ronins in her sight.

“So come on, Ronin. Maybe if you kill the Voice's demi-god, Safrin will bring Aoife back for you.”

She’s his only combat-equal here. If he wants a fight, he can have one.

Just not here.