if i was a better man
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
you should know, that i'm a ticking time bomb
and you're getting close
He bites down on the inside of his cheek while Nate’s smile fades, wondering what exactly the other man will tell him. And it’s certainly not that, that he expects. Nate was right in the end, that he should have shown sooner, and yet – here he is, late, waiting for those with visible injuries to be cared for first while his develops, gets worse. “Oh.” He says simply, at first, leaning back into the chair to… Understand. He knew what pneumonia was, it had effected many in Korofi. “If untreated, is it fatal?” He asks, wanting to know the extent – wanting to know if there’s a chance that he might not make it despite surviving the mud monster of Flowerbirth.

The mention of no more drinking and smoking has a crooked smirk crossing his face, that he’d try – he’d be irritable, but he’d try his best. “Alright.” He begins to filter through the ways he could try to avoid it – his mind not entirely easily swayed with things, but for the sake of surviving he would. And he lets Nate wrap the bandage around his wrist, gaze finally lifting to the man’s face once more. “How long will it last?” He asks after a moment. How long until he’s well again, until he can continue to live the same life he has been.
so better watch your step, because i'm about to blow
and where the pieces land i guess we'll never know
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATE
Oh. Of the responses Nate was expecting, it’s definitely one if the better ones, though there’s still time for something else. Anger, denial, bargaining. Sunjata was entitled to pretty much whatever he wanted at this point, what else did you get after being told your lungs are flooding? The pragmatic question was a little surprising though, and Nate made a show of thinking about it a moment before answering, though he didn’t need to. ”If untreated, yes. But you’re not going to go untreated.” Even if Nate has to go to him, he wasn’t going to let someone die of something he could help.

The reaction to the restrictions draws a more amused smirk from Nate, and he reaches out again to squeeze the other mans shoulder again. ”You’ll hardly miss it, with the medicine you’ll be taking.” He offers, trying to frame it as a bonus rather than a consolation. He really doesn’t have an answer for timelines though, apart from a light shrug. ” It could take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to get better. I’m going to say closer to months for you though.” Call it a hunch, but the dark eyes man didn’t exactly seem like he’d be a great patient, judging by his self sacrificing thought process from earlier.

”Most of the treatment is just medication and bed rest though, so it won’t be difficult. As long as nothing gets worse.” Nate makes a point of not saying what they’d have to do if it got worse, though it’s easy to tell it won’t be pleasant. ”As long as you don’t have a problem with it, we’ll do more blood tests as well. To track it.”
to be honest, I’m full of shit
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
and you're getting close
Ah, so it is fatal if left untreated. And yet Nate assures him that it won’t get that far, that there will be a treatment plan in place, and he sighs quietly in understanding, letting the rasp and crackling settle deep into his lungs. The mention of medicine has him nodding, the realization not hitting him yet among the feeling as well as the residuals from Nate’s bite — but he listens the best he can, jaw clenching at the mention of a few months. His jaw clenches further but he nods nonetheless, trying to figure out how the fuck he’s going to make it work. “Not exactly ideal, but… Might be able to manage that.” He offers, honest as he can.

The mention of more blood tests however, has his gaze drifting up to meet the other man’s face, taking as deep of an inhale as he can without coughing and exhaling slowly through his nose. “Alright. How often for the tests?” He asks, head tilting to the side — wondering what he’s entirely getting into.
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NATE
All of this is going over far easier than Nate expected, Sunjata nodding understanding and acceptance, despite his distaste with how long the whole process with last. ”Getting sick is never ideal.” Nate points out, smiling crookedly. It’s still nowhere near as easy as it had been earlier, but it’s less strained, now that there’s some kind of plan in place, now that the most difficult part is over. Well, most difficult emotionally. For him. Sunjata still had a lot of shit ahead. ”It could be a lot worse. All things considered, you should count yourself lucky.”

Nate very casually doesn’t meet Sunjatas gaze, his eyes dipping down in quiet worry at the ragged intake of breath. He had been a little worried about suggesting it, considering the timing, and well... everything surrounding a bite, but the other man seemed to just take it in stride, like everything else, so Nate followed suit. ”About once a week, depending on how you’re progressing. It just... gives me a more accurate way to check up on you. If we were back in my world, this would be a lot easier, but...” He shrugged, looking up again now that he’d put some clinical distance between himself and the act, ”we’re making do with what we have, right?”

Before a silence could grow, and fester with awkwardness, Nate continued on, stepping back entirely from Sunjata and finally breaking the contact between them fully. (Had he really been touching the other man so long? He’d barely noticed.) ”Do you have any allergies? Any other conditions I should keep in mind?”
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
Fair enough.” He replies somewhat gruffly, an amused smile crossing his face. But the doctor had been right, he should have shown sooner, could’ve had it handled quicker. But no, stubborn or not, he can’t help but to add it to a long list of regrets in his life. With the mention of counting himself lucky, though, no he couldn’t ever do that. Instead he manages a snort, a roll of his shoulders at that. He wasn’t lucky. Lucky would be never getting into these situations. Lucky might have left him in the mud pit of the Korofi Trials.

But he doesn’t comment on it, not needing Nate to realize these thoughts. As for once a week? That’s manageable. “Alright… Do I just find you here or?” He trails off, unsure, uncertain. “As for more technological worlds when it comes to this… I can agree. Make do with what we’ve got.” He snorts, a surprisingly deep sound before he shakes his head.

As for other conditions? Well, none that he’s aware of. “Not that I know of. Plenty of scars from knives to bullets, but they’ve all but since healed.” Another rise and fall of his shoulders, not sure what else Nate needs, what he’s looking for.
SuNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
”We can set up appointments if that works. Or you can just walk in. Makes it spontaneous, right?” Nate laughed, unable and unwilling to stop the wink that came along with the words. Then he winced immediately, regretting how closely he was toeing the line of appropriateness. ”I’ll get you fixed up, even with the crap they got here.”

Thankfully the other man didn’t have any allergies, which made his job significantly easier. ”I’ll be right back. Don’t leave, please.” He didn’t think the request was really necessary, but... better safe than sorry. Stepping out of the room, Nate grabbed a few things that were premixed, easy to hand off, and returned to the room he’d been examining Sunjata in.

Nate held up the first jar, the glass dark but not completely hiding a thick liquid within it. ”This is for pain. Put a few drops under your tongue, it’ll numb you out for a few hours.” He held up the second jar, filled with what looked like dark honey. ”This is an antibacterial, take a spoonful twice a day. I’d have something to chase it with, it’s not good.” Nate handed over the jars, along with a bag that rattled as it was dropped. ”The last one is an anti inflammatory. In theory. It might just be candy though.” He shrugged. ”Any questions about these?”
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
His heart continues it’s rapid pace, slowly calming down as Nate mentions appointments and he finds his steel gaze lifting once more to the other man’s face. The wink is a touch he’s not expecting, and there’s a slight hum of a laugh that leaves him awkwardly – especially considering the still dissipating feelings. At least it’s manageable now, and he passes it off as just… Awkward first time for him. The mention of fixing him up with the crap they have here does elicit a slight crooked smirk though. “Alright.” He offers when the Ascended tells him he’ll be back – to not leave.

He’s not sure where he’d go – he’s not under the impression of wanting to die. At least not right now, not yet. But with it, he leans forward a bit in the chair, elbows and forearms along his thighs, hands lacing together before him as he curiously eyes the bandage, until Nate returns. He sits up and eyes the jars with a dark raised brow. “Gods, okay.” He says to the first one, awkwardly running through the possibilities of what he could do when he takes them, but eventually nods as Nate moves on.

The mention of taking something to chase it with, he openly grimaces slightly, before exhaling a slightly crackly sound. He’ll do it, at least. He won’t like it, but he will. As for the anti inflammatories, he takes them all with a nod. “Probably should write it down for me.” He admits, that half awkward smile returning along his face. He knows he’ll forget, get them jumbled and mixed up, and that wouldn’t help anything. As for questions? “Is there an official name of what’s wrong with me? Like you said it was worse than pneumonia, does that mean it’s something specific?” He wants to know the official term, because a part of him knows Phoebe will ask when he goes to see her later. “On top of that, I guess, what exactly is it doing to me?” He frowns slightly.

The irony of it flooding his lungs and his Korofian moniker, well, far too perfect to miss out on.
SuNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
Well. At least he had managed to get a laugh. The best medicine and all that bullshit. He’s not gone long, but Nate can feel himself going through the explanations mostly on autopilot, and blinks in surprise when Sunjata suggests writing it down. ”Good plan.” He notes, turning to find a pad of paper and something to write with. ”So, uh... I think I forgot to get your name.” He says sheepishly, grinning up at his patient again.

Seriousness returns to his face when the other man asks more about his conditions, Nate looking up at him while his hand keeps moving, writing down the instructions he’d spouted. ”Officially, it’s called ARDS. Acute respiratory distress syndrome. It means your lungs are filling with fluid, either from pneumonia, or... honestly maybe just trauma from what you went through, and it’s decreasing the amount of oxygen in your system overall.”

“You’re still in the early stages, so you have shortness of breath and fatigue to look forward to for now. But depending on how it progresses, you can expect fever and headaches, and a general sense of confusion. Oh, and there’s the possibility of your extremities getting discoloured, lips and fingers and such. Hope you don’t have any big events coming up.”
Nate chuckles softly, then sobers you again. ”Seriously though, if parts of you start going blue, come see me right away. Because that might lead to brain damage.” He might as well be as honest as possible at this point, maybe knowing the risks would make it easier to follow the treatment plan.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
As Nate reaches for a paper and something to write with, he asks what his name is, and Sunjata finds his gaze focusing on the man again, the sheepish grinning he receives. “Sunjata.” He offers easily, shoulders rising and falling in a small shrug. It’s a fairly.. Uncommon name, especially here. He imagines that if anyone needed to find him it wouldn’t be hard.

But the seriousness takes him a bit by surprise – he had known it was serious based off of what Nate had told him, but there was a part of him that flickered and wavered in uncertainty despite his short breaths. A real name to call it other than something is just… Wrong. But he nods in understanding when it’s laid out, filtering it for later to where he can tell people when he’s inevitably asked. At the mention of what to look forward to, though, he grimaces visibly.

Good to know.” He offers, despite it creating some hint of panic within his gut. He doesn’t think he has any big events coming up, doesn’t think that he’s got any… Real intense things coming up (he’s wrong, entirely, but he doesn’t know it yet) and with it, he gives an affirmed nod to Nate on the last bit of instructions. “Alright, I will.” He snorts. Anything blue and he’s here. “If you need to find me, though, I own the VlamVloed so I’m there most days.” He offers – just in case he might need to tell him something else, want to check in and see how he’s doing, things of that matter.
SuNJATA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
NATE
Sunjata. Nate nods and scrawls the name along the top of the paper, spelling it wrong (Sunyatta) before handing over the whole thing, along with the medicine he’d gathered before. ”I’ll be around here most days if anything happens with the medication. It shouldn’t, but...” He shrugs again, then notices the quiet uncertainty invading the other mans face. ”Well... most of this won’t be a problem anyway. You’re getting taken care of.”

God he wasn’t good at reassurance was he? This was supposed to be his job, and he was panicking his first serious patient. Nate heaved a(n entirely unnecessary) sigh, and tried to move past it, offering a smile and choosing to latch onto the thread of normalcy that was offered. ”I heard about the new bar. There’s not really much point in my going around there anymore.” He laughs softly. ”Maybe I’ll come by though. Check up on you. Make sure you’re being good.” As he speaks he looks down, resisting the urge to reach out and fiddle with the bandage on Sunjatas wrist, to hide the spots of blood that already bubbled up.

”Well, if you don’t have any more questions or concerns, you’re free to go. Or stay.” Shrugging again, Nate steps aside completely, freeing the way to the door.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
and you're getting close
He doesn’t notice the misspelling, nor would he really care to fix it. Instead, he focuses on Nate with clearer eyes than they had been after the bite, focusing on that rather than the alternative. “Alright.” He offers with a slight crooked smile, grabbing the medicine and the note and remains sitting while Nate continues on after Sunjata tells him of the bar.

Ack.” He begins with a slight rasping huff of a chuckle. “Understandable. I’ll do my best.” He admits, pulling his arms to his lap, tightening the bandage ever so slightly – not caring about a little bit of blood, but the thought and the feeling of what that particular bite had – well, he certainly hopes he had that ability.

Nate moves away from him, and Sunjata finally stands back to his full height – gaze drifting from the door back to Nate with a dip of his head and a smile. “Thanks again. I’ll see you next week.” He says, moving toward the door to head back and figure out what the hell he’s supposed to do with all this medicine, how he’s supposed to function with it all.

- FIN for J!
SuNJATA