Mini Event the way in the life and the truth
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5225
He had come, as Rexanna had asked of him, as he had agreed to. He believed in the dream she had sold him, and the council they had both hoped to forge. He had arrived after putting the Guildhall to rights, recording the nightmares of Fiat Lux in the official Chronicle with a heavy hand, and had remained quietly in the back as he watched the proceedings.

Given the location, he had only come because of a promise the Queen had made him. He had asked only one reassurance of her, and he could still hear it in his memory as he watched others stand up to put themselves forward for the government. ”She will not,” his friend had sworn, and before the new government was even formed he watched that word broken. Blue eyes sought out Rexanna’s at the front of the room, shadowed and tight at the corners as he stayed seated where he was, no longer certain he would rise and speak his piece in support.

Perhaps Loren would yet stand to make his bid for the position of Historian, but he found it cruel of Wessex to nominate Amalia for the weight of yet more responsibility when the wounded and half-paralyzed baker had duties enough to drown in, without adding yet more to the burden. Then Oliver stood to stand for Outlander advisor, followed by Amun, and it was only through an act of will that silver brows didn't rise to his hairline.

Well, damn. Rex didn't deserve this.

He stepped forward, gaze sweeping the small gathering (a baker's dozen, to decide the fate of the Hollowed Grounds?) before he tipped his head at Rex in acknowledgment. "I would also offer my name for Outlander Advisor," he said, expression solemn as he looked to his friends among those gathered, and met the eyes of those he barely knew. "Despite being an Outlander I've been here for over a year now. My Guild, the Loreseekers, numbers Naturals and Outlanders alike, and even when we disagree we have found ways to work together. I have experience in, and a history of, helping newly-arrived Outlanders, answering their questions and finding places for them to sleep and trades to keep them fed and clothed from the perspective of one who arrived alone and had to fend for myself in the beginning. I hear many of their stories, and the Atheneum is an easily accessible place I can be found by those who would wish me to pass along their voices to the council." He paused, then gave a slight shrug and a rueful ghost of a smile. "Though I will continue to do all of that even without an official title for it."

It was more than he had intended to say. More than some would likely have wanted him to say, but he had been honest when he'd said the title didn't matter. He had told their new Queen that he would be here, and he was. He had made his offer and fulfilled his word, even if she had not. He owed Rexanna that much.

Jigano has offered his name for Outlander Advisor.
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
EVIE
She arrives quietly, slipping in with the throng of people that have come earlier. Evie doesn't exactly know what she's doing here, why she has been tossing and turning at night thinking about the council and Wessex's forum. Her parents may be the sort to emphasize a strive for greatness, for power, but that has never been Evie's way. If she does this, can she separate those two driving forces?

She's not sure. At least not until Sam - fearful, nervous, anxious Sam - steps up to the plate and offers himself before those gathered in a way she never would have expected of him. It gives her that last little nudge, just enough to step forward and present herself as well.

"I'm here to offer myself for two separate positions, both which I feel I would be able to honor. My name is Evie, I was born and raised a Natural in the Hollowed Grounds, and I have run an apothecary shop here for the past seven years." Gods, had it been that long already? It seemed just yesterday she had been fresh faced and opening the door to her shop for the first time. "Considering how long my family has been here, I would first like to offer myself for the Historical position. Not only do I have my own personal history of this land to supply to the benefit of the future council, but I have a wealth of knowledge in family heirlooms and books, stories and wisdom passed down over generations." Many still available to her now, though her beloved status has become tenuous at best.

"If this is unsatisfactory I also offer myself for the Health position. I have been studying herbs and medicines since I was old enough to walk, and opened my shop which has run successfully since opening. In case of emergency and to round out my knowledge of both types, I can also heal with both magical and medicinal talents." She I careful here, aware of everyone listening and the secret she holds close. But magical items, including healing ones, have often been given to Accepted individuals. And that is the cloak she will hide behind for those who know here as Accepted. Those who already know she is Abandoned will simply recognize the magical talent she alludes to and hopefully will not ask questions. "I have plentiful time on my hands with only one shop to cater to. Phoebe is a fantastic option, but I offer myself as an alternative in case the College requires more attention." Evie won't disparage the young woman or her own offer, but she wonders if she can handle everything already on her plate plus the council. With a polite nod of her head, she returns to where she had first been seated.

Evie offers herself for both Health and History positions!
and it's my whole heart
while tried and tested, it's mine
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Though the idea of ruling with Rexanna once more is tempting, Hotaru has decided not to run today. Instead she is merely here for information, for the chance to vote. Many gather in the house, vying with their speeches for a chance to represent the collage of people in the Grounds. Hotaru listens attentively, though her allegiance to this land is minimal at best. She does have Rexanna's safety and interests at heart in the end.

Leaning back into her chair, long fingers tap against the armrest, considering the choices and where she would like to place her vote.
she knows the restless press of moths
mistaking her presence for candlelight

Table Code by Sky!
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Lily Balfour
Entertainer

Age: 34 | Height: 5'9'' | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: N/A - Strg: 16 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
lily
from what i’ve tasted of desire
i hold with those who favor fire

Lily sits quietly, listens, and is ready to vote.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
NATE
The tragic flaw of charming men
is exactly as it seems,
too much grease,
can break down a machine.

Nate arrives late, and takes up place behind Sam, a hand moving to rest at the other mans lower back. He’s missed... well, most, if not all of the nominations, but he’s not going to miss the opportunity to have some of a say in what happens. It will affect him, after all.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
am i running through that mind of yours at all?
i have big ideas for you and me
To her surprise, things seem to start going well. As people stand and give their small speeches, why they think they’d be better equipped to deal with it, Rexanna adds their names to the lists that she’s already set up. For many of the positions there’s only one option, but the queen already has an option in place in case someone wishes for someone else – within reason, of course.

There’s a flicker of a smile toward Deimos as he stands and offers his own choice in remaining as the head of the militia, many words coming from a man of so few. And then she moves on to look at the rest, to add their names. When Wessex offers, well, that’s when Rexanna hesitates slightly. She had assumed the Wraith, her sister, would wish to distance herself from the monarchy to focus on the higher purpose she’d been given. And with Jigano’s arrival, well, she can’t help the look that briefly crosses her face toward Wessex that almost has a raised brow, a question of whether or not she thought it was a good idea.

Rexanna wasn’t so sure, but all’s fair in the end. And she writes Wessex’s name on the sheet. Turning back to the crowd, she pauses momentarily before speaking. “Since Amalia is unable to come here today, I will add her into the running but if she wins we’ll ask her if it’s something she wants. If not, we’ll take the runner up.” A nod to Wessex to that. She thinks it’s fair enough. And with everything that’s happened post Fiat Lux, well… She didn’t want to start her monarchy by forcing everyone into positions they didn’t want. That wasn’t the point of this.

She adds Samuel’s name next, something within her sorely hoping that her council isn’t full of Ascendeds – the message it would send, the way that Rexanna had wanted an even spread of all the races to prevent more finger pointing. But well, people would vote as they would, and all she could do in the end was deal with the aftermath, right?

Oliver’s name comes next for the Outlander position, followed by Amun, and in a surprising shift Jigano’s too. And for a moment she’s almost wary of all the positions, if they’ll be filled, what would happen next – and then Evie stands and offers her name to both healing and history. If she had a breath to sigh in some form of relief, she would have.

And after not much longer, nobody else has offered themselves further. So she steps to the center, ensuring that the names given are legible, and she gestures to the front of her where a small table of sorts has been placed with a quill and ink and plenty of small parchments. “Alright. Now, I’ll have all of you come up and cast your votes one by one until everyone here has voted. Then we’ll tally it up.” She spreads her arms wide, offering a bright smile to all those gathered – praying to the Voice and all the gods that this will work.

She ensures that the papers are spread out, that there’s enough of them, before standing a bit off from it to not snoop on what people are writing, but to hold the bowl that will carry the votes to avoid people from snooping and influencing anything. She wants as fair of a vote as she can.

VOTING BEGINS AND WILL END IN THREE DAYS – ON 1/11/20 UNLESS ALL CHARACTERS HAVE VOTED

Please cast your votes by clicking this link!

– The form will let you do it multiple times should you have multiple chars to vote for, just be sure to fill out each section before submitting!
– In terms of characters, just vote how they would. If they’d vote for themselves then have at, if not then don’t.
– As for posts, feel free to add a blurb of them going up to vote or not voting, so long as the votes are only the chars that have already posted!

And if you have any questions just DM me either here or on Discord!
i feel lucky, with the worst luck
that i met you when I felt messed up
REXANNA
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Maea
Big dreamers shoot for open skies
Maea felt Amun's eyes on her and looked up, brows rising in silent question. She wasn't sure what he was trying to say, if this was some kind of attempt to build a bridge of the disaster their previous encounter had ended in, or if it was a challenge for her to do the building. The way he phrased things sounded good, very good indeed, but... it also felt as though she was being baited. That just because she owed him one, she ought to take his promises at face value and just go along.

Perhaps she might have been tempted to do so, just for the sake of making amends, but then Jigano stood, and the pale woman averted her gaze from the Ascended to listen to the rest of the nominations. Not sure what to feel. Torn, when there were so many options to choose from. All with their own hidden implications.

When the time came to vote, she stood and made her way towards the slips of paper. Her writing was slow and full of effort, lacking the practice the be quick or efficient, but after some consideration Maea placed her votes and returned to her seat.

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
You know I still like you the most
The best of the best
Sam stood to vote quietly, writing the names on the paper with a sombre attitude, wondering if whatever government was decided would actually remain in place, or if the next chaotic moment Caido had in store for them would knock it all to the ground. If there was even a point to electing officials in the face of the great uncaring pit of life.

Still, he had to at least kind of believe in the system, because he'd put himself up to be a part of it (not that he thought it had any chance of happening. Wessex was three times more competent and become Queen already once). Slipping his paper into the box he went to sit back down, spotting Nate in the audience and smiling, going to sit by him and whisper in his ear that he'd put himself forwards, sure it would be a surprise.
and the worst of the worst
You'll always be my favorite ghost
SAMuEL
Base Code by Sky!
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Change author:

Bastien
As everyone stood up to put themselves forwards, went to vote, Bastien just watched, smiling to himself every so often as if having some kind of secret joke in his mind. He stayed seated through it all, though, made no move to stand and put in his own opinion.

There were a couple of reasons - partly an old sense of anarchy, maybe some rebellion left over from his time in Venice, where the 'government' had been naughty more than a group of merchants looking out for their own profits. Mostly however, he thought it best if he stayed as neutral as possible, so that his guild would not appear to be bias towards any person (he realised, given his Ascended painting, this was a little ironic, but he was not perfect) or type of person.

Whatever the result, he knew Rexanna would respect it, so he would too (though that didn't mean they wouldn't bitch about it back in their bedroom. What else was a spouse for?); he waited with interest to see what would happen.

--
bastien abstains from voting.

Let's pick the truth that we believe in
like a bad religion
Undertaker

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Change author:

Abasi

Grace is just weakness

With voting still being something a little out of Abasi's grasp, he spent some time thinking over his choices, unsure of how to pick. Eventually, he went off some kind of instinct, just ticking the names that felt the most correct to him.

When he put his paper in the box, he was unsure if it would make a difference; after all, last time his vote had not won. Still, he had sworn to himself he would try to participate in the culture here, and that included being a part of decisions like this.

Or so I've been told
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Change everything you are and everything you were
Your number has been called
Names and souls presented, filing through his mind, adhering to listening to their statements, to the embroiled pasts and histories of their contorted lives. He watched, glanced, and pondered over the possibilities, the fragments, and the best approaches for these governing lives wondering if it was damned to be another whirlwind. They required stability, some solidity, in the face of so many other ridiculous things, events, sagas, defeats, and triumphs. Once voting had begun, the Sword waited, and then when an opportunity was presented, roamed from his chair without a word, intending to cast his vote into the lot (patterns and cycles, like they’d just done this a month or so ago – and what would happen now?).
DEIMOS
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
am i running through that mind of yours at all?
i have big ideas for you and me
They all come and cast their votes. And much like Bastien, Rexanna abstains herself as well, though for a different reasoning other than her husbands want to remain somewhat within his rebellious side. Instead, she waits and holds the bowl, taking each vote’s slip of paper within it until it’s completely done.

When it is, she sticks her hand into the bowl and swirls it around for good measure, placing it before the papers she’d set up to tally out the votes per name. Some of them are close, some of them aren’t – but that’s the beauty of it in the end isn’t it? And it isn’t until she starts the tally for the last one that she can see which way this goes.

Turning back to the crowd, she has a bright smile along her face. “Alright, votes are in and tallied.” She pauses. “Congratulations Deimos, you get to keep your position with the Militia.” A bright fanged smile is given to perhaps one of her oldest friends. Then, she turns to those that had offered for the Natural’s position – the tally behind them seeing how close it became. “Congratulations Samuel, for becoming the Natural’s Advisor.” Onto the next. “Congratulations Jigano, for the Outlander Advisor.” And on and on she goes.

Congratulations Phoebe for the Health position. And lastly… Congratulations to Amalia.” Her gaze lifts to seek Deimos’ out. “I will go and speak with her, but Evie I would like to speak with you as well. Perhaps you can help her if she does want to take it on to help take some of the burden?” Her gaze seeks out the redhead briefly, before she goes to stand in the middle.

So I suppose that’s it. Does anyone have any questions or anything to say? I’d like for my council to remain behind so I have a moment to speak with them after everything.” A bright welcoming smile, opening the floor in the hopes that it doesn’t backfire. But so far so good, right?

Holy heck yall are fast. ANYWAY. Here’s the results!

Deimos for Militia
Samuel for Naturals
Jigano for Outlanders
Phoebe for Health
Amalia for History
i feel lucky, with the worst luck
that i met you when I felt messed up
REXANNA
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Change author:
You know I still like you the most
The best of the best
As the votes were counted, Sam had already basically given up on actually getting into any of the positions. After all, he did not think he was popular enough to get even one vote from the people in the room, and Wessex was clearly the better choice. He'd taken to leaning on Nate, staring up into space and wondering what it was they could do for the evening as entertainment.

He sat up as Rexanna began to speak out the names and had barely righted himself when he heard his own on her lips; his eyes widened with surprise as he realised he had somehow beaten Wessex to the position. Grasping Nate's wrist with his shock, he felt both elation and fear run through him at the position he'd suddenly found himself in.
and the worst of the worst
You'll always be my favorite ghost
SAMuEL
Base Code by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Change everything you are and everything you were
Your number has been called
He settled back down into his seat, another waiting game, contemplating, calculating, eyes wandering over the vast array of people. While Rexanna counted, he deliberated on his own, pondering along chosen intervals – only turning his head back to the Penumbra when she announced the tallies, the votes completed. Moments later, he was established within the same role, nothing changed, nothing altered along the militia foundations (maybe no one else wanted it), proffering the slightest of smiles and a dip of his head towards their Queen, everything else serious and reserved as she penned the other results. Samuel, Jigano, and Phoebe won their positions too, and his gaze only lifted back to Rexanna at the notion of Amalia’s pending triumph – the uncertainty lingering there, her name not brought forward by her own admission or interest, and with her current state, the precariousness drifted, heightened. He wouldn’t speak for the Shield – it would be up to her entirely, a confirming nod to the monarch again, justifying all of the decisions in the midst of silence.

Then the Sword remained, for the eventual assembly of their newfound council.
DEIMOS