[SE] faces to names
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NERON
show me how defenceless you really are
Loren he knew to be kind, sometimes foolishly so, but Peter he had only heard about, and then never from a direct source. Whoever this mystery Launceleyn was, Neron had yet to meet him. "I do hope that's a good thing, defying your expectations," he said smoothly, though from her smile alone he guessed that to be true. As for the fire blessings, he could only shrug as if to assure her that they really weren't all that interesting. For the people receiving them, certainly, but for him to perform them? A small exertion of illusion magic and some pomp, that was it.

"Fireworks? I can't say that we do. Not since I have been Warden in any case," he said, raising an eyebrow in Rexanna's direction. "I feel that might not be so true for the Hollowed Grounds, though." All the while she had selected another basket and had created, quite ingeniously, something to trade for it. They found themselves on the move again as he accepted the basket with a gentle nod of thanks. "Is this so I might also capture the sun?" he asked with clear amusement in his expression.

Then, of course, she began to speak about Ascended bites. Neron, the picture of etiquette, did not so much as blush at the prospect, though the smile that curled across his lips was filthy. "You were given fangs specifically for pleasure?"
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
hung high and dry, where no one can see
if there's no one to blame, blame it on me
There’s a bob of her head in response to the mention of defying expectations, a brighter grin crossing her face at that. “A pleasant surprise.” She says to him, in honesty as well as partially referring to his earlier statement about how she had been a pleasant surprise herself. Coy, but honest and truthful enough. At the mention of fireworks, however, her head snaps back to him in curiosity. “There’s been a few fireworks shows.” She almost murmurs thoughtfully. “I have firework magic too, so perhaps we both bear a bit of appeasing the people, hm?” She says, handing the basket to him to his nod of thanks.

It’s worth a shot, is it not?” She hums with amusement, beginning to step toward the path for the Launceleyn Manor, commenting about bites and fangs and deadened senses and what she can feel. Her gaze drifts back to him when he speaks, spotting the smile that crosses his lips, and she hums thoughtfully to that. “Not just for that. It’s one of the many ways we can sustain ourselves.” She muses, arms folding behind her back while they walk, gaze flickering out over the path they take as more people continue to try and capture the sun within the streams of tree branches overhead. “But it certainly makes it much more fun that way.” She admits, winking to him, before snorting softly.
storm in the sky, fire in the streets
if there's nothing but pain, put it on me
REXANNA
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
NERON
It was an unusual thing to be called 'pleasant' for Neron anyway, so he indulged Rexanna in a rare smile where a whisper of warmth dared to meet his eyes. To be strolling along in the sun with their respective guardsmen following was a rare treat anyway - there was certainly something to smile about. He raised an eyebrow at hearing the term 'firework magic', Neron casting a sidelong look at his fellow ruler and seeming torn between amusement and disbelief. "I don't think I have heard of such a thing as firework magic," he said. "You'll have to show it to me, perhaps." Then, gazing at the basket in his hands, "Yes, I suppose it is. I daresay this may end up as a tradition in Halo without too much encouragement."

Spinning the basket between long fingers, Neron glanced up at the sight of what he could only imagine was the peaked rooftop of the Launceleyn Manor up ahead. But of course Zariah would construct something grand and high and better than those she had formerly ruled. (Neron of course did not even consider his own Citadel in this). "And what is life, if one cannot make it fun?" he said softly, his smile turning sly; not that he planned to offer his neck up to an Ascended any time soon.
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Change author:
She’d be lying if she said she wasn’t surprised by the hint of warmth in the smile and the glance Neron gives her, she’d also be lying if she said she didn’t reflect some of it back at all. As far as she has experienced, the only Launceleyn to give her trouble had been Zariah. And even within the ex-queen’s own family, it seemed Rexanna was not alone. But she doesn’t linger on the thought of it at all as he questions what firework magic actually is. A playful smile crosses her lips at that, a nod in the form of a dip of her head. “Outside in the open night sky is the best time to see it.” She offers, as though she’ll absolutely show him once the sun sets and doesn’t distract from her magic.

Her green gaze follows his own as he looks back down to the basket as she adjusts the parasol with the course of the sun. “Consider it another gift, as well as some of our materials we use for them as a bit of payment for helping out this season should things go south.” She hums with a brighter smile – a give and take, for what he’s offering, she can share some of the materials here that may be hard to find in Halo in order to help their people also experience the smaller enjoyments out of life.

But the Manor is soon in sight, and Rexanna’s gaze slips to the walls that once contained her, but had also once freed her. His comment reaches her, and she can’t help the slight bubble of laughter that leaves her as they grow closer and near the opening for the entry. “Incredibly dull, really.” She hums, a smile gracing her face as she goes to pull the doors open and lower her parasol now that she’s far more concealed in the shade as well as soon to be indoors.
REXANNA
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
”I can imagine” Neron said, and he meant it. The fireworks of his past had almost all been illusions, but he still recalled the smell of smoke and powder, the rich crackle and the burst of light. Another reason, perhaps, to stay a while longer in the Hollowed Grounds. And then the Manor was before them, Neron sparing it only a cursory glance; a mark of his privilege, perhaps, that it was just another manor, however many Launceleyn tricks and treats he had no doubt lay tucked up within.

The area around the place already seemed parched, and it was little effort to Neron to conjure a little water for the dry ground, the plants and flowers drinking it up eagerly. ”It is my hope that LongHeat is kind to you and you won’t have need of me, but I will be there just in case.” He nodded. As Rexanna moved to open the door, Neron stepped in to open it for her and allow her to better lower her parasol.

”What kind of a gentleman do you take me for?” He smirked, allowing her to lead the way. ”So this is where my brother is living?”
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
A knowing nod is sent his way as they round about the beginning of the Manor. She takes a moment to drink it in – having been here a few times since her escape. She wonders if Loren’s ever gotten around to fixing the bathroom she’d escaped from – or if it had missed its chance when LongNight hit. Her gaze drifts further down when she notices the light sprucing of water, added to the parched plants in the sweltering sun, and she looks back to Neron with a light smile. “I hope so, too.” Her voice is a bit softer here – thankful for the offering he’s given.

He goes to open the door, and Rexanna pauses to let him – lowering her parasol with practice, she sets it along the entry way and smiles lightly – a dip of her head. “Thanks.” Stepping within the entry way, she fixes her gaze back at Neron at the question. “It is. Zariah and Edrei started it if I recall correctly, and then when Zariah disappeared and Edrei passed, Loren managed to reappear.” A small shrug. “He took it over in the hopes of making it… Less daunting. It’s had a bit of a stain on its history, he’s trying to make it better.

There’s a brighter, honest smile that crosses her face when she looks back to him. “It’s been working well, so far.” And it had, opening up the doors for people without a home, giving them a place to get onto their feet.
REXANNA
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Change author:
NERON
Hearing the story of the manor and how it had passed in quick succession through the Launceleyns, Neron nodded thoughtfully. "That sounds like Loren," he said. "He always was the black sheep of the family, so it doesn't surprise me that he is succeeding at making the Manor likely the very opposite to what Zariah intended." And unlike back in Northaven, Neron couldn't care less what his twin chose to do with his time, as long as he had enough of it to some and see his big brother on occasion.

"Thank you, Rexanna, for you warm welcome." He stood back to give the queen a formal bow. "And for your generous gifts. I will endeavour to make my time in the Hollowed Grounds a productive one, and hopefully one that brings benefit to both our peoples."
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra

Change author:
There’s a slight curve of her lips at the mention of Loren being a black sheep of the family, an interesting term considering a few of the stories and thoughts she’d heard from Loren’s past. He’d never delved in deep, but she does recall when she mentioned she wanted to be his friend and how far he had shied away from it. She wonders what that could mean, but lets nothing show. Instead, a slightly brighter smile replaces it as he thanks her and gives a formal bow – one that Rexanna returns with a swift and quite accurate curtsy of her own.

A woman that had been taught the ways of nobility prior, knew the game to be played.

Of course.” She chimes to him. “If you need anything don’t hesitate to ask while you stay.” A brief pause as her lips curve into a bit more of a smirk, a jest and a tease of sorts. “I look forward to visiting Halo and learning a thing or two for my own people, as well.” A mutual agreement – benefitting cultures that span the vastness of what they can reach so far. She’s glad he agrees in that, at least.

Then, without much else of a flair, she ensures that he’s in good hands within the Manor and makes her way back out from the manor that had once kept her captive.

- Fin for Rex! <3
REXANNA