you take me where I want to be
For Zariah
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
A crown of gold;
A heart that’s harder than stone;
Coming to Halo was... strange. It felt so much like the antithesis to everything Peter had lived so far, the icy mirror to his sunbaked youth. At least he was dressed for it, scarves and sweaters and gloves wrapped tightly around him, keeping out the worst of the icy chill. The trip from the portal to the Citadel was gruelling, but he didn’t let a word of complaint pass his lips, and after a few days he was used to the numbing cold.

It was still a relief to be in a true city though, and even better, a palace. It loomed over everything, visible in all directions, and it was almost impossible for Peter to believe that he was in it. The manor had been nice, but this blew it out of the water. It had barely been a day, but the first thing Peter did was change into something that felt more appropriate, a warm black outfit, neater by far than his scarves and sweaters, and go to find Zariah.

It was only by her generosity that he was even here, and he wanted to thank her. And ensure that he knew any rules. And what was expected of him.
And it hurts a whole lot;
But it’s missed when it’s gone;
PETER
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless
Grand Sorceress of the Arcane Academy

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 7 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 23 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Zariah the Merciless
"No one gives you power - You take it"
Cute. Peter thought he could enter the palace and have her not know.

The second he had arrived at the Citadel, the Archmage had known of it. There were many eyes around the place and they all worked for her and the Warden. That Peter was expected only aided their cause. And so it was without fuss or hesitation that the young Launceleyn was led to the rooms prepared for him, so he could change and unwind from his journey across the tundra. But when he exited, he would find himself face to face with the family head, dressed in her usual black and precariously high heels, though to be fair, she was wearing far more fur and clothes covering her person than usual. Halo really was cramping her style that way.

Ehem. Anyways.

"Welcome to the Citadel, Peter." she said in a near coo, a smirk curving her burgundy colored lips.

Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
A crown of gold;
If Zariah’s presence right outside his door startled him, Peter didn’t show it, instead blinking up at her for a moment. Then, he seemed to remember himself, and dipped his head down, not quite bowing fully. ”Thank you.” He said softly, straightening up again.

”I was... just come to uh... to find you.” There was the barest suggestion of a curve on his lips, and excitement in his eyes. ”I wanted to let you know I arrived, and... and ask what’s expected of me.... while I’m here.”
PETER
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Age: 33 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Zariah the Merciless
Her smirk widened as he dipped his head, glad to see that he was as obedient and revrent as ever. "What a coincidence, I had just come to find you." she said with a light laugh, as if truly amused. She wasn't but it was all part of the game. No action went wasted. "Tell me, Peter, is that...pet of yours here as well?" she asked, raising a brow at him, curious if the pest Adam had tagged along.

Ah, what was expected of him. He always did ask the right questions. "You ought to make a point of introducing yourself to the Warden, Neron, as soon as you can." she said, crossing her arms loosely. "We will begin construction on a school of magic soon. I will expect your assistance with that and enrollment. Making yourself known, useful, and liked to reflect well on the family name wouldn't hurt either." she said.

Peter Pikely

Change author:
A crown of gold;
The laugh seemed to relax Peter, at least a little bit. It wasn’t necessarily a promise of a good mood, he knew that, but it was something. Something he offered a proper smile to in response. Though his brows pulled together in quiet confusion at the question, and he glanced back into the room he’d been given, at the bag where Apricum was still resting. ”Was I not... oh!” Realization struck him just as he was about to answer, and he shook his head. ”No. I had a... a talk with Adam, and he’s remained... in the Grounds.”

Peter nodded, rapt eyes drinking in Zariah’s suggestions as eagerly as his ears did. ”Does he, uh... the Warden... have visiting hours? Or... an appropriate time to introduce myself?” He didn’t want to force his presence on anyone at in inappropriate time after all. Things needed to go smoothly, he needed to keep them smooth.

”Tell me when we... when you’ll have need of me, and I will be there.” He promised, though it was clear there was a question behind it, about the school specifically. A question that could probably wait until a later date. ”But I’ll... get familiar with the area, and the... the people for now. Walk around, maybe.... help out?” Blue eyes made their way to Zariah’s face, looking for approval, or something else.
PETER
Zariah Launceleyn
the Merciless

Change author:
Zariah the Merciless
"Good." she said simply, an approving smirk curving her lips. At least she wouldn't have to deal with Adam's foolishness amongst everything else. That Peter had heeded her warning, and not only spoke with but left the man behind, was a clear indication of his loyalties. To think that little twat thought he could take what she had already claimed as hers. Men were so foolish, no matter their inclinations.

"Simply let one of the serving maids know you wish to speak with the Warden. They will get you time with him when it is most convenient." she advised with a light shrug. Zariah didn't exactly pay attention to Neron's actual schedule, coming and going from his side when she wished it. Perks of being family and the Archmage. "That sounds like a good plan, Peter. Go help out the townsfolk. When I need you, you will know." she said, reaching up to fix a misplaced curl atop his head. "But for now I've business to attend to. I will see you soon, I am certain." she said, turning on her heel and walking away, the click of her heels echoing to nothing as she disappeared down the corridor.

--FIN