this madness of now
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
walked out this morning and i wrote down this song.
i just can't remember who to send it to
Well 1 and 2 hadn't expected the fight to continue for the after Ronin had left. Time being linear and all that, nevermind him duplicating himself. And so as it was that fists continued to pummel the man already on his knees, goon 2 at his side missed several opportunities to retaliate given his awe. It was only as his jaw was snapped shut by Ronin's elbow (the clicking of his teeth suggesting one or two might have just cracked), that he was seemingly brought back into the fray of things. With shocking strength, he lunged at astral-Ronin's knees meaning to knock him onto his stomach. If successful, one can only guess what he meant to do next with the wood he held..

Yer used to have all sorts'a things 'round you, I can only imagin'. His tongue which looked both far too dry and yet dripping with tobacco-soaked saliva, licked at his lips as Ronin fell to his knees. No doubt it was precisely the position the man had been hoping for. Yar, and I s'pose you'd call all that light just a bit o' cheap trickery? Now open that purdy mouth cully just as I'm sure ye' saw yer momma do many and many a time.

Meanwhile the amalgamation of rhino-man and lion-man blended ever the more together. Now nearly both shifted, Remi was entirely squashed beneath the rhino's bulk, as the man's blunt feet stomped against the lion's shoulders. Still as lions are wont to do, Remi clung on, creating deep lines of blood-red that went right down into the rhino's muscle. Roars and bellows resounded from the pair as the alchemist aimed a well-timed bite for the man's neck. Instincts being what they were, if he managed to latch on he wasn't entirely sure he'd be able to let go.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

Given how Ronin was somewhat distracted by the sudden appearance of ropes and with trash talking the thug that was apparently about to stick his dick in his mouth, he wasn’t really paying attention to his astral projection. That meant the goon managed to connect with his knees in a powerful stroke - something that luckily only translated to pain for Ronin and caused the ethereal form to flicker out.

Still, even as agony ripped through his legs, he managed to bare his teeth in a smile that was not at all happy, and the light within him only grew more unstable. ”I don’t know,” he confessed, ”this is only the second time I’ve done it. Oh, and my mother could barely manage to kiss me goodnight, she’d never open her mouth for the likes of you.”

With that Ronin let the supernova within him detonate, wondering (hoping, not knowing) that whatever happened wouldn’t harm his husband in the process.

RONIN
Darkness is a funny thing. It creeps up on you.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Harm? Well...What's a bit of harm between friends. Between husbands, it's practically expected.

Light envelops the area, the shockwave of power rippling out from Ronin just as the leader started to unbuckle his belt. He hardly had the time to get a scream out, not that it would have done him much good. The pain of the blast combined with Ronin's previous assault rendered goon 2 unconscious, while goon 1 was knocked flat on his ass. Thrown back into his own body, the rhino attacking Remi would be naught more than a man covered in severe burns. And Remi? Well Remi was more than able to take a hit or ten...only..it didn't come. Instead he found himself feeling better suddenly. Somehow.

The leader though, so close to the epicentre of the blast? Well. The blinding light seared his retinas so badly he'd not see again for a month, if ever. Blisters were the only treasure-trail on his body to speak of, as the unsightly hair on his chest had all been burned away, his flesh a mangled and unhappy reef of red. When they could scream they did, muttering curses between fresh groans of agony as they group lumped themselves together to scurry as far away from the pair they'd thought they'd take advantage of, as they could.

Sitting up, now more man than lion, Remi grinned at Ronin, blood smeared across a lip suddenly no longer cracked. Purple bruises that had threatened to bloom on his ribs from the rhino's weight were all but gone. His adrenaline was high and something about seeing the four men limping away from what was likely meant to be a rape and theft on the beach was a feeling nearly as satisfying as the one he'd hand earlier in the glade with Ronin.

Pivoting on his knees in the sand, the alchemist wiped at his bloody lip and nose with his forearm. "Y'know most of the time when people say they have an explosive temper, they don't mean literally." He chuckled, in no way admonishing Ronin's outburst. "Now, as good as I gave, I really should have a few more injuries than I seem to. You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

It didn't feel quite the same. Last time, Ronin had detonated his supernova on the Temple as a desperate man who did not understand the kind of damage he was about to cause. This time, though, it was with a strange satisfaction that he let the stars dance and fade before his eyes, the ropes around him fading to nothing, the echoes of screaming men taught a valuable lesson carrying down the beach. Letting out a breath he hadn't realised he was holding, Ronin ruffled a hand through his hair and glanced around to find his husband.

Smiling lopsidedly at Remi, he hauled himself to his feet and moved to offer his husband a hand up. "My explosive temper brought the roof of the Temple down," he murmured, shrugging and frowning worriedly at the sight of the blood. "Are you alright?"

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Who cares. That building was old and tired anyways." Remi said with a careless shrug. He reached for Ronin's hand, easily able to get himself up but not minding the offered contact.

Glancing down at his other hand, still stained a reddish-brown, Remi frowned with amusement and nodded. "I feel...completely fine, actually. Fighting apparently agrees with me." He added, grinning crookedly at Ronin beneath the flop of his curls before lifting his chin to regard his husband fully. "That or...whatever we are calling what just happened is targeted somehow."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

Ronin could only agree - the Temple had deserved every bit of destruction he had wrought upon it. Pulling Remi up (it didn't matter whether or not the alchemist could do it himself, Ronin still liked to be useful), he looked his husband up and down and let himself relax at realising that somehow the other man had come out of it unharmed. "Maybe you have developed some super healing ability," he suggested. "Or as you say, my ability to get so excited I go off like a literal firework is more than just a nasty way to burn people."

Rubbing at the back of his head, he nodded back towards where the road and their wagon was, as if to suggest they had had enough excitement on the beach today. "I just remember not wanting to hurt you."

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Ahh. So this is the downside of going through this together mm? Not knowing who is doing what." Grinning devilishly and reaching forward to run his palms over Ronin's shoulders, the alchemist could only chuckle. "Well were that the case I'd have been burned many and many a'time before." Indeed, if excitement and going off was all it took to cause burns, Remi likely wouldn't exist below the waist.

Following Ronin's gaze, Remi tugged in a breath, letting it out slowly. "Well that's thoughtful of you. All I was thinking about was carving the heart right out of the man on top of me." Despite his smile there was an edge to his voice. "I take it I'm not allowed to cut myself open to see if I did the healing or you, mm?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

"It could always be worse," Ronin pointed out, flashing his husband a smile. A lot worse. It had, in fact, been so much worse in the last day or two alone that it beggared belief. But less about that. Banishing those dark thoughts and instead relishing the feeling of his partner's hands roaming over his shoulders, the departing figures of the men (who likely thoroughly regretted their decisions) was utterly forgotten. "I suppose that's true enough. At least I don't give you starburns with my love."

Chuckling and slipping an arm around Remi's waist, he began to walk them back up towards the road. They might as well finish decorating their wagon and head off to wherever the map told them was the next town. "I mean, he would have deserved it," he said of the man. "And no you certainly are not. You can wait until you inevitably get hurt again by accident."

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Well isn't that a thoughtful way of phrasing it." Remi chuckled. Returning the gesture, his fingers wandering unapologetically across Ronin's scarred and muscled side, the alchemist boyishly kicked sand before them as they walked. Never once did it cross his mind to ask of how everyone else might be doing back at the grounds, how they'd faired, what they thought. That was a lifetime ago now.

"Very well. No doubt one of us will be stabbed or otherwise assaulted soon enough. Especially if we keep being so groundlessly accused of stealing things." This was said entirely innocently. "On that note, I was thinking perhaps I could keep our wagon stocked with...not bribes exactly.." Except that's exactly what it was. "...just..a few magical items that might come in handy if we ever need to..." Buy someone off? Bribe an official? Barter for their lives? "..you know." Remi shrugged.

Clearly his new attitude hadn't come with a new vocabulary.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

The fact that he had kicked off his boots and stripped to the waist meant nothing; Remi, he was sure, would dress him however he saw fit. And besides, the sun felt good on his skin in a way that was so foreign it was difficult to really put into words. He smiled to himself, watching the little plumes of sand cascade before them, and it was as if the last... however long hadn't even really happened.

"Right? Well, at least we are absolutely prepared to defend ourselves from anyone who dares accuse us of such lies," he said with a lazy shrug. "And if it turns out that you aren't able to super heal, I'll take care of you." The smile was audible in his voice, and he glanced curiously across at Remi as he spoke about their... definitely not bribes.

"I think that is an excellent idea. You never know what horrible danger we will come across. Besides, it'll keep you busy so you don't get all fat and boring." He grinned.

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Well of course you will. That's the whole point of getting married, isn't it? To have someone tuck you in when you're ill, make you soup when you've lost your voice, or heal you up when you've torn your throat out." The alchemist shrugged. If history was at all to repeat itself the pair of them would soon add more silvery scars to sun-tanned bodies, miraculous healings or no.

With a hurrrumph under his breath, Remi kicked out his toes, meaning to kick them under Ronin's heel to force his counterpart to take a comically large and hopefully awkward step. "I don't know which I am more offended by. The implication you'll only want me utterly handsome as I am now, or that I could ever be boring." Tossing a wounded look that quickly turned shit-eating, the alchemist raised his chin haughtily. "I was a well-known alchemist you know. Before you came back from the dead and ruined my reputation by making me a queen and all that."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

”I mean, I would have done all of that stuff whether or not we were married, but if that’s what you want to attribute to our bonding together, so be it.” Despite it all, Ronin’s smile was warm and his tone genuine, though obviously a second later he was tripped into taking a clumsy and gargantuan step by his loving husband. With a cry of surprise and amusement, the hunter fought to get his footing by using the alchemist as an appropriate prop.

”Oi! I’d love you however you looked, but I can still be worried for your health,” he said, blowing Remi a kiss and stepping back up onto the road where he figured they had crossed before. ”The boring comment I’ll absolutely apologise for though. Of course you could never be boring, my alchemist Queen. I do apologise that my inability to keep a profession hindered your efforts to be interesting.”

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'Well I wouldn't know. You came back from the dead and then one of us just jumped the gun and proposed." Remi shrugged as if it wasn't he who had forced them into a potentially too-early state of marital bliss. Though it hardly mattered now.

Sturdy beneath Ronin's weight, Remi gave his husband a shocked and surprised look as he fought for balance. "Oh my health is it. So we aren't just talking about a beer-gut then, but being proper fat." The alchemist grinned at this. His strength bordered on the super-human these days, but even before stats and upgraded that, he'd always had a fairly lean figure. Snagging the kiss out of the air in a quick movement, Remi beamed an adoring and sunny smile towards the hunter. These days it was only Ronin who'd ever see that side of him again.

'On the contrary, its made me more interesting. Married to the man who fell from the sky, who ruled while blighted and then threw away the crown? Why do you think I've suddenly become an octopus if not to try and match you?" It was all nonsense of course, but Remi continued it on as they parted the palms to find their mare and wagon still safely hidden within the glade.

"Good thing she's still here. Thieves, you know." Remi said knowingly as they both stepped up into the cart to begin today's adventures anew.

~FIN