Smudged Glass
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Kaimana
Well that's a smell and a sound. Rubbing your wrist you trail behind Sam, feeling nausea rise in your gullet at the aroma that permeates the small tunnel. It's impressively repulsive, an excellent defense mechanism, and you find yourself wondering if it can turn it off and on like a skunk or a stinkbug might. Maybe once the creature is less frightened by your invasion, you suppose.

"D'ya think bitin' it'll help? It didn' give me any enhanced senses or anythin'. The exchange seems to be one way." Also, it looks and smells like it's probably poisonous. It is unfortunate that you didn't gain any abilities from your biting experience, and rather predatory of the Ascendeds, you think. Stopping further away than Sam does, you kneel down to the ground in as non-intimidating a posture you can manage, peering around the redhead Ascended to get as good a look as you can.
be kind, even on your bad days

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

"Why do y-o-o--u-o-u- mock me??" As the gelatinous blob that was more or less the Prince's torso tried to fit through the crack with renewed gusto, a wet and sour-smelled fart tore through the air. The gas had to go somewhere because of all that squeezing, after all.

"B-b-ite???—HURURGRGGGBLAP—" The cry of worry was cut off by bile or some sort of other stomach-acid mixture dribbling from the Prince's lips. Arms, too many of them and of varying different lengths struggled to shove the tumour-contoured body through to the other side.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Samuel
I pray to blades of grass
To find forgiveness in the weeds

"I hope it might mix my good fluid with his...or... the other way around...somehow help or aid my understanding." He shrugged at Kaimana, unsure of exactly what the plan was himself.

Sam fought against his instinct to put a hand over his nose, not wanting to offend the Prince - though it seemed he had already done that. Holding up his hands and shaking his head, trying his best not to acknowledge the fart (though that definitely became harder as the smell approached) he said: "I'm not trying to mock you. I'm sorry if it seemed that way."

It seemed he had offended and scared the Prince. Eyes widening with concern as the creature dribbled he tried to edge a little closer. "No biting, not if you don't want it. I want to help you - how about...is there something you'd like to be called?" Perhaps, he thought, The Prince did not actually like his given title.

Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Kaimana
Sitting back on your heels, you settle in to observe the exchange, your shirt pulled up protectively to keep out some of the truly revolting smell. Few things make you queasy, but this is a strong contender - an interesting thing, and a questionable defense mechanism.

"Excuse me," you call into the darkness, since the Prince seems to be sentient enough to have a conversation without the aid of your magic. "Is it possible for you to stop smellin' like that? Is it a defense mechanism? Have you evolved to not be able to smell it?"

And then, very gently because it seems like it's trying to escape and you'd really rather it not, you reach out with your magic to attempt to prevent it from moving further into its hole, or even ease it out.

Kai uses his animation magic to try and get the Prince out of the hole

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

It thinks only of escape and though its intelligence is low to begin with, it seems utterly to misjudge the opening in the wall compared to the size of its body. As it pushes and forces itself further, more gas is released from various bodily openings. "Why ww--w-w-wwon't you a-a-a-all leave. me. ALOONE—" Bile erupts from its mouth in a ruddy brown stream as Kai's magic cascades around it, pulling it back from the wall. Whether it's a reaction to the magic or simply an effect of being startled isn't completely clear.

"L-L-L-L-ET M-M--M-E GO!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Samuel

This really was going awfully, and the longer Sam stayed with this creature the more he found himself repulsed, both by the stink and the chance that he could be related to something like this. He did not see Kaimana's magic take effect, but it was clear something had further upset the Prince; Sam turned around to look at Kaimana and shake his head. "Please. Let me handle this."

Still, maybe it was time to use the gifts Kaimana had given him. Wanting to have a more useful conversation with The Prince if possible, Sam stepped close and used the Sentience magic, hoping to increase the intelligence of the creature and make it able to see there was no need to panic. "I'd just like to talk to you, please. We're almost siblings." He felt a disgusted denial rise up in him as he said this, but it was true enough.

Scientist

Change author:
Kaimana
The Prince does not take well to your magic, which you note with some interest. Is it because of its Ascended nature? Will all Ascended respond poorly to being animated by you?

Experiments for another time.

For now you simply blink at Sam before nodding; though you desperately want to investigate more, this is his endeavor, after all. So you release your magic and sit down on the dusty ground, watching the exchange between the (apparently) siblings with wide, intent, inquisitive eyes and trying to subdue your riotously churning stomach.

Feel free to skip Kai I guess, he's just gonna watch unless anyone tells him to do something

Change author:

"But I D-d-d-on't want to t-t-talk to YOU." More bile plumes from openings previously not seen. The Prince begins to tremble, its physicality now seeming more and more gelatinous as if its bones and other internal structures are entirely dissolving away. As if it might somehow drip down through the rocks and crevices.

For now, it merely continues to stink and shake.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel

The more the Prince whined and squeezed itself, released yet more stinks and disgusting fluids, the more Sam found himself beginning to grow very frustrated. The anger was likely more fuelled by his fear, that this could be him, that it might be him, that if he had been made in the past, it would have been.

"What if I could cure you?!" He asked, loud and clearly irritated now, making the claim with no real thought to it's truth.

Change author:

"B..b.bb..because I am a M-m-m-onSTER?" The Prince burbled, tears like wet fonts of jelly spilling down its cheeks and coating the vast crevices of his many chins. "Bb-b-because I am Brok-EN?"

The irony of Sam, finally learning his place in the world and to not be ashamed of what he is, offering to cure someone in truth not so terribly different, is of course lost on the Prince.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel

Sam usually would have felt deeply sorry for the creature as it began to cry, but with his rising frustration and need to fix this, to justify his Goddess' creations, he clenched together his fists and shouted, more forceful than he ever usually was: "Yes. You are. And you could be better, and I'm offering you that - why won't you take it?!"

Change author:

"YOU COULD BE BB--B-B-ETTER!" The Prince suddenly screamed, his voice making his entire being quake rather wetly. With a wild sort of desperation, the Prince reached out a hand (claw? paw?) towards the wall. With a wail that burbled off into a wet moan, some sort of acid began to pour from, melting away the stone as if it were nothing. "You horriBLE HORRible man!" The Prince added, a red caustic-looking fluid leaking from its pores in earnest now as it began to force itself through the wall, burning away rock as it went.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Samuel

As The Prince yelled, Sam made a decision. Looking back to Kaimana, he quickly, quietly said: "I'm going to try and stun him. Help me grab him so we can take him to the shrine." then activated his barrier, walking towards the Prince, hoping that a small exposure to the shock might stun or knock out the creature enough for him to grab him and with Kai, take the Prince to their mother.

Change author:

Electricity ruffles against the Prince's gelatinous form. However as Sam reaches for it, though he won't feel the pain, the flesh on his skin will begin to immediately dissolve and burn making it impossible to hold on. The stones melt away enough for the Prince to squeeze through, the hole looking strangely small as the creature disappears into the darkness on the other side. Bits of goo and skin that were caught on the exposed and jagged stone flap idly before falling wetly to the ground releasing a smell not unlike sulphur.

(Prince gone)