{OPEN} i want adventure in the great wide somewhere
Robin Bailey

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 7 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ROBIN
That....wasn't quite it. "I mean....we don't really have gods. We have...er...the easiest way to call them is nature spirits? They just...help to make the seasons work, make the weather...they aren't godly, no, but we respect them and have celebrations dedicated to them...but they don't like being called gods or being worshiped." It was weird describing this to someone, especially when he couldn't use the proper terminology. Robin knew better than to use big, unknown words on someone who is unfamiliar with customs. This should hopefully give Loren a good grasp of how things worked back home.

After the outburst, Robin started to calm down. He placed a hand on the back of his neck and turned his eyes away. He didn't want to accept this and knew that he wouldn't believe it, not for a while at least. "So all I can do is just...what? What do I do now?" According to Loren, all of his old life was going to be whisked away, yanked from him and thrown into a fire. All his hard work just- gone.

It was less of being a burden and more like Robin simply wanting to do things for himself. He knew he could do it and therefore, why waste the space? Let someone who actually needs it stay with him, not some dude who knows how to live alone and can manage himself perfectly fine. "I'm uh....I'm studying business...or I was. I wanted to, you know, run a company. Since you asked..." He wanted to be a boss, help to make all the little things work. Speak with other big and important people. Be someone others turn to for help.

"I feel like shit, but that's all emotional and mental stuff. Nothing physical is really bothering me. I don't feel hurt and it feels nice out. Is the weather always this good here?" If so, that'd be fantastic. No more snow, no more shitty weather. Sounds perfect.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Love mends even the broken parts
Loren bit his lip at Robin’s explanation. ”Well, the gods here certainly have quite a bit of power, and they very much like being worshipped. I would approach them cautiously.” There was a hint of warning in the summoner’s voice.

However, his tone softened at the newcomer’s distress. ”You make a new life for yourself here. I know that’s not what you want to hear, and I know it’s going to take time to come to grips with it.” The Launceleyn glanced away, eyes suddenly distant.

When the other man began to speak of schooling, Loren looked back. His brow furrowed. ”Wait, I’m confused. How could running a shop possibly help you prepare to command a company of soldiers?” Tilting his head, he regarded Robin, a befuddled expression on the Launceleyn's face.

At the newcomer’s question, the summoner shook his head. ”No, it’s not always this nice.” Hesitating, he drummed a beat against his thigh. ”This is...going to be a strange question, and I’m sorry. But...is...is there anything different about your teeth?”
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Robin Bailey

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
ROBIN
It would certainly be a change from what he was used to, one that would take quite a lot of adapting. However, Robin knew better than to play with things far above him. That's how you get fired, or in the case of gods: literally fired. "Note taken. I'll try to learn more soon, seeing as I'm sure they're super important here." He obviously had many more questions but he wasn't going to shove them in. Robin was a tad bit too overwhelmed to really focus on one thing for too long.

His brows furrowed and he bit down on his lip, clearly unhappy with that response. "So...that's it then? All my schooling and hardwork is just down the drain?" Well fuck. What use was this? He basically had to start completely over, which was absolute bullshit. Loren could be wrong, which Robin was going to take into consideration. Might as well stay semi-hopeful that his entire life isn't fucked over.

And this was only proven more when Loren didn't understand what he said. Now, Robin understood that Loren probably came from a different place and didn't know the word 'Company' but it was also a sign that Loren wasn't always right and didn't know everything. This meant: his life wasn't completely ruined, maybe he could go home, and there are totally more options around here for him. "No, no. Not that kind of company. I mean like....a big shop. Yeah. Think of it like a big shop that makes a lot of money. Often, they will have many shops around the country or they will deal with important people." Robin didn't mind educating someone about business, so he tried his best to explain it in words that Loren may know in his everyday vocabulary.

Robin gave Loren a strange look. "My....teeth?" Did he have something stuck in them. Just to check, he tried to run his tongue across them....only to feel something weird? He tried to open his mouth ever so slightly to check again, clearly very confused.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Loren gave Robin a sympathetic smile. "I'm sure your skills will come in handy here." However, the summoner's confusion came back with a vengeance the more that the newcomer spoke. "We don't...we barter here. And most people are lucky to have even a small shop. Most of us are just scraping by." The Launceleyn felt a sheepish expression creep over his face. "As for important people, well, you don't really need anything to speak with them." He shrugged, almost apologetically. "What we lack in resources, we make up for with community."

As the other man revealed his fangs, Loren sighed, and ran a hand through his hair. Astra trotted further away, as always disliking the presence of any and all Ascended. "So. This is also going to be overwhelming for, and I'm sorry about that. But it can't wait." He bit his lip. "Being brought here wasn't the only thing that changed, for you." He paused, searching Robin's features. "You're what's called an Ascended."
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Robin Bailey

Change author:
ROBIN
Well, Robin thought Loren was being sincere about his skills being handy until he found out that it was the exact opposite. Everything he had learned, everything came crashing down around him. His eyes widened and seemed to reflect this, almost showing the carnage he felt. All that schooling truly had gone to waste. He couldn't work where he wanted to, he couldn't even fucking use it. What use was there? Why had he been brought here in the first place if not to use these talents?! What the fuck!

That left him with...pretty much no options, really. He didn't exactly have any talents that could be used to produce goods...so what now? "I guess I may be....staying with you for a bit longer than I initially had planned." It was forced out of him, as though he were struggling to speak it into existence. "I'll try to help your economy someday, I promise." A strong economy meant a healthy and happy city, of course. Robin would make sure of it, even if they didn't use a monetary system.

Things only seemed to crash down more, despite him trying to be positive. The teeth thing wasn't normal, at least, not to Loren. The way he responded worried Robin. Was there something wrong with him? Clearly, since he was called an 'ascended'. Now, the term usually means someone who is higher than others, but the way the air around them changed seemed to hint to others. "What....do you mean? What does that mean?" Robin didn't like not knowing. He was the one who knew. The one who taught others. This. Wasn't. Right.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren gave Robin an understanding and sympathetic look. Nodding in response, the summoner smiled, though it didn’t reach his eyes. "You can stay with me for as long as you need to. Really, you'd be doing me a favor." However, his brow furrowed with confusion. "Economy?"

Biting his lip at the other man's question, the Launceleyn tried to come up with the best answer. Finally he sighed. "It means that when the portal brought you here, it changed you in some fundamental ways. You won't feel pain or pleasure at all, except under very specific circumstances, you won't need to eat or drink, and you won't age or die unless something kills you." He paused to let that all sink in before continuing.

"Some parts of you have been...altered. Your blood, and some other things I don't quite understand. It means that you're uh, well...um, highly flammable, and can't venture out in the sun until you've gotten...stronger? Older? Just...not for a while." He smiled apologetically at the newcomer. "I'm sorry. I know this is a lot. I wish there was another way to handle this, but...waiting to tell you might just get you hurt."
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Robin Bailey

Change author:
ROBIN
Robin raised an eyebrow. "How is my staying with you....a favor?" What? Was this like a weird kink...? Was Loren expecting Robin to serve him hand and foot? Who the hell saw someone crashing in their place as a favor? Loren only continued to confuse him when he didn't even know what economy meant. "Economy is....like, all things that revolve around the sell and purchase of goods. In this case, it would be the trade and production of goods." It wasn't super accurate, but Robin was trying his best, okay?

Things shifted from weird to plain out bad. Robin chose to remain quiet, allowing Loren to explain, well, what sounded like everything. His facial expression would morph overtime. Changing from shock to anger and to a complete stunned face. He wasn't sure what to believe. What to do. How was he going to believe that everything Loren was saying to him was truth? Especially when it all sounded so weird. Too absurd to be true.

"What you're saying is...I'm almost an immortal thing with sharp teeth? One who has lost half my senses?" Well. Fuck. He lost his job. His purpose in life. He lost the ability to taste or feel anything. "Why have I become this? Or why would I be brought here only to have pretty much my entire life altered?" He didn't sound angry, more confused. Robin was struggling to really process any of this, to understand why any of it was happening.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Loren smiled. However, it was more than a bit bittersweet, and it entirely failed to reach his eyes. "One less room for me to clean." It slipped away to be replaced by more confusion as Robin tied to explain what an economy was. Finally, the summoner shrugged. "Well, as I said, most people are barely scraping by, and are lucky to have a stall at the market, let alone a shop. My advice is to find yourself a trade, someone to apprentice to." Still, his voice was sympathetic.

His expression grew sympathetic as well at the newcomer's distress. "I wish I could answer that. But the only one who can is The Voice, one of the goddesses of this land, and you're far more likely to receive an answer from her than I am." The Launceleyn bit his lip. "She created the Ascended, and the portals that bring Outlanders to Caido."

-FIN
loren

Coding base by Sky!