Burnt Out Ends of Smoky Days
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"Thank you, but I suspect Ludo has already seen those that we lost off. I think it's more a comfort to the living to see me out here," he admitted with a sad smile at the reminder of the reason he had remained in the first place. "But I can return tomorrow to sing again."

He tucked her hand through his arm, surprised that she didn't feel even a little chilled from the dew and the cooling breeze. Then again, perhaps it was a side effect of her water magic? He tucked the thought away as they began to walk, smiling at her wistful wonderings. "There is a freedom to it," he agreed quietly, remembering how his first winged shift had come in response to fear and need during LongNight. How his second had come in rage beneath the basement of the Spire... "There are prices to be paid, though. Even for wings," he said, voice soft. "But I will agree with you on that. The portals make my skin crawl every time." He shuddered, for all that he'd passed through to Halo several times now. "If the storms would cease I'd gladly fly the long way twixt here and elsewhere. Or perhaps take a ship...I keep hearing tales of oceans." It was his turn to become wistful as he smiled down at her. "Perhaps one day we'll see one together."
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1897
Hooking arms with him, she nodded agreement to the idea. Ludo was diligent, delighted in its work and no doubt far happier now that it was reunited with Mort once more. No doubt it was more than able to complete its task with or without Jigano's aid, and if that gave her a chance to further catch up with her friend then Maea would not complain.

"Perhaps we will, at that. I've never seen the ocean either. I always wondered if there is something on the other side..."

They spoke in companionable tones as they headed to what she now ought to call home. Somewhere along the way Maea remembered to ask more about the portals, and got the gist of the story from Jigano without commenting much on it. That the Old gods did not want the Ascended to spread further was not a surprise to her, and the process of opening new ones seemed to have halted, at least for a while. Perhaps there would be time for them to see what would happen, if anything more would change or if peace could settle on their little bubble for a while.

Not that it ever lasted. But one could always hope.

-------

{Fin!}
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦