give me a life time of promises (open)
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Sighing, Loren ran a hand through his hair. ”It’s hard to be honest with the gods when I’m barely able to be honest with myself.” He gave Maea a troubled look. ”But I’ll try.” His tone indicated how unlikely he thought it was that he’d succeed.

"Honestly, I'm less worried about the bullying. I'm not afraid of what they might do to me if I refuse." Perhaps that was fatalistic—and his dark expression and sad tone didn't help with that impression—but he really wasn't scared. "But you're right. I'll try to be...more open and honest with others. With them. With myself." Again, the words came out with a great deal of uncertainty. At least he gave her a playful shove back, and scratched Astra's ears affectionately.
LOREN
Not quite an open book
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1917
Don't paint wonderful lies on me that wash away
It was probably the best she could hope for at the moment. Content with what small gains they had made, Maea grinned at him as he shoved back, actually proud over his willingness to try and change these things he had such trouble with.

Her legs were slowly killing her. "I'm sure you'll do fine," she told him with confidence, and began to work herself back up on her feet. Stamping out the numbness in her leg muscles, the girl offered Loren a hand to help him up.

"Seen enough for today?" she asked him. "I think this place must be even better in the evening, when we can see the light shine properly." She would have to come back later; there was still far too much daylight to linger for the full turn of day.
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
As Maea stood and showed a great deal of discomfort, Loren waved a hand. A spark of sky blue healing magic shot from his fingers, hopefully easing any actual pain she was feeling. Taking her hand, he tried to stand up mostly on his own power.

Sliding his hands into his pockets, he glanced at the shrine, then out the window. "I guess we'll find out." When she asked if he was done, he nodded and turned to start heading out. At her comment that it was probably prettier at night, he smiled faintly. "I agree. Maybe we can check it out together." It was a tentative offer, and he gave the ocean one last look before shooing Astra towards the stairs and heading down them himself.

His steps were lighter than they had been on the way up.
LOREN
Not quite an open book
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1917
Don't paint wonderful lies on me that wash away
He sparked magic at her, a healing glow that eased the numbness of her legs. Maea gave him a reproachful look, suggesting she would have been fine and he shouldn't waste his strength on such small things. But despite the scowl, she still smiled. Couldn't be annoyed when he showed her such kindness.

"Oh, I would love that!" she told him happily, quite eager to get a chance to spend more time with him. He was developing into just the kind of good friend she'd thought he might, that first day; no way would she pass up a chance on letting it grow even further.

Her steps were easy as she followed Loren down the stairs, heart light and feeling as though a weight had lifted from her shoulders. People to actually trust in were so very rare; this had proved to be a very good day indeed.

----

- FIN
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦