under the night
Prayer for Vi
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
Cross-legged on the floor before the shrine, Amalia takes a breath.

Inhale. Exhale. "Vi."

It's quiet in the temple tonight, quieter in the Shrine. A few candles flicker in a stray Leafchange breeze, sending ghosts scampering across stone walls. The chill that haunts each Deepfrost is beginning to set in, a looming threat of endless night hovering above them like a shroud. It makes her grateful for the leopard fur which slinks across her shoulders, the warmth and comfort constantly available due to the gifts of her gods.

Of him.

"I hope that all is well in the world. Thank you for all you do, for the life that flourishes even in loss. For my life, and that of my loved ones."

She hasn't been inside the Temple since... well, since it was repaired. Since she came to Safrin with Coffee's limp body clutched between her hands, anointed by their most recent failure and the disappointment in the goddess' eyes. She'd lost sight of who she was then, and more importantly, who she wanted to be. It's something she's been searching for, in the days and weeks since the visit from Safrin.

"You told me it was folly to try and walk the line of life, and I'm beginning to understand that. The world is... it's so much more complicated than I ever dreamed, growing up. And so much more beautiful, too. Every day I appreciate more the beauty that you and the Old Ones have given us."

A smile flickers across her face, then swiftly fades again. "It's more dangerous, too. I've made so many mistakes. I want to protect life, but not at the cost of others. I used to think there was no role for violence in Your work, but now I'm beginning to feel otherwise. A shield can only do so much without a sword."

Another deep breath, her body shifting. "I know that I am not a hero. I am not a god. And I don't want to be." Her legs are tucked beneath her; she can feel the stone pressing on her knees. The discomfort is nothing next to the wonder of simply being able to feel. "All I want is to be able to protect the life you have gifted us. And so I, I'll try to be stronger. Smarter. To learn when to defend, and when to act."

"Thank you for letting me come speak to you." Again she smiles, regarding the shrine with as much devotion as she would the god himself. She can picture him, after all, the memory of his presence as vibrant now as it had been that fateful night. "I'll keep doing my best... doing all I can, in your name. Loving and serving you." What else can she do, in the end? And what else would she want? Only this: to have a life of purpose and service. To cherish the gift that he has given, simply by letting her be alive. "So when the time comes for me to journey to Mort, I am worthy of his love. And yours."

took the stars from our eyes and then i made a map
i knew that somehow we would find our way back

Coding base by Sky!

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

The air is still and empty, and yet somehow not. Amalia feels it - it feels full of something. Of promises, suggestions, ideas.

And whilst the God of Life does not appear (chance, indeed, would be a fine thing), the staff before her on the ground does show a change. Only briefly, only a flicker, before everything returns to normal.

Amalia will see it, though.

Amalia will see her staff transform, if but for a fleeting second, into a magnificent sword.

But perhaps that was just her imagination.

Perhaps.
Amalia Chandrakant
the Archangel
Baker

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 52 - Luck: 49 - Int:
JYOTI - Mythical - Starwhale (Humpback)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580
Amalia
The lack of reply neither surprises or disappoints. Now more than ever Amalia understands the vastness of Vi's responsibility, the importance of the rest of the world that makes her an afterthought to him. She is a small piece of a much grander design, and thanks to Safrin she is content with that.

Besides, she knows that he is listening, as surely as she knows he has listened to all of her prayers throughout the years.

What she does not expect is what does happen. For only a moment, a flicker, barely more than the span of a blink, the staff which has served her so faithfully changes. In place of the rod of wood and bone a sword glistens in the candlelight, radiant and resplendent, mightier than anything she has ever held. Without hesitating she reaches for it-

-and wraps her hands around her staff.

Blinking as the illusion fades, Amalia lifts the length of wood and stares at it, as though expecting it to bite her. A sword...?

The message is clear enough. Amalia swallows and nods.

"I understand, Vi. I'll learn to be a sword as well as a shield. Thank you."

It isn't until the last candle has gone out that Amalia rises to leave, staff clutched tightly in her hands, resolve blazing in her chest.

took the stars from our eyes and then i made a map
i knew that somehow we would find our way back

Coding base by Sky!