Personal Quest light a candle for me
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN
you'll never settle any of your scores
your grace is wasted in your face
When there was a tragedy like there had been at Fiat Lux, when people had lost everything, Bastien knew his guild was at it's most import. There was always solace to be found in art, in putting memories down to paper.

He had considered the idea of a memorial for a few days before deciding to do it, unsure if it was his place - but he felt it would be genuinely helpful to those who had lost someone in the disaster and could also provide a space for discussion and relief, something the town was in sore need of. Bastien had seen more teary eyes and hushed conversations in the last couple of days than he had ever before. Why should everyone grieve alone in their homes when the whole town cried along with them?

Choosing a space a little distance away from the main street, quiet and mostly undisturbed, he began to clean up the area. A little dip in the road by a wall, one making a sort of natural space for such a piece of art. What kind of form it would take, he wasn't sure - he was hoping the people of the town might shape it, not him. His job was the facilitator, the provider, not the artist, this time.

Leaving notices everywhere he thought people might see them, he had asked people to come and help him clean the space and make it into a fitting memorial for those who had been lost in Fiat Lux. Hoping he would not be doing the job alone, he began to take out the various bits of rubbish that had collected in the dip over time, putting them in a bag to be carried away later.

---
Artist's Sanctuary PQ - open to anyone!
Please write your character arriving to help. :-)

1. Oia'i'o
2. Harper
3. Deimos
4. Hotaru
your boldness stands alone
among the wreck
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 4 - Int:
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
OIA'I'O
Death doesn't bother you, and other than a brief non-verbal period after the attack, you've bounced back from all that happened during the festival. Death is the natural end of life, and mud monsters have just as might right to destruction as the human-animals have to breathing. It's all part of what sustains the so-called circle of life. Why such a big deal is being made out of it, you aren't sure. However, you saw the notices and though helpfulness is not normally part of your repertoire, apparently you're a glutton for ruining Lam's PQs and having Oia constantly question how his characters deal with death.

"Memorials serve no purpose for the dead. So if this is for the living, do you think it's helpful to have a constant reminder of who was lost?" You hold out your notebook, ready to record his answer.

Coding base by Sky!
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
and the only solution was to stand and fight
my body was bruised and i was set alight
Harper has not been here in this world long, but the losses that had stricken the Festival still echoed in his ribcage. He had never though himself a hero, even in his vigilante days. Merely someone trying to do right in a city where everything was wrong. But he feels each loss like a personal failure, despises his own weakness. For all his thoughts on magic, perhaps it would have been better to be remade as an Abandoned than to have to stand by helpless while others fought and failed.

So when the notices go up about a memorial, he is there as early as he can be, considering he doesn't know the streets well yet. There are two already gathered - a man and a young woman, as different in appearances as could be. Harper gives a tired smile as he approaches, rolling up the sleeves of his shirt to bunch at his elbows. "Thank you for doing this. How can I help?" The man seems to be the leader here, and Harper is ready for whatever directions he deigns to give.
but you came over me like some holy rite
and though I was burning, you're the only light
HARPER
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Whoa, you let your feet run wild
Time has come as we all go down
Ordinarily, he wouldn’t be the sort for memorials. The chains and memories of those he’d lost simply remained, embedded, deep in the canals of too many lives and too many faults, fissures, and outliers. Monuments and monoliths to the dead weren’t exactly in his range of grieving: anguish had been spared in digging graves, and then maneuvering on, breaking down elsewhere. But Fiat Lux, a celebration he’d cherished for selfish reasons, had been corrupted and damaged; and perhaps some portion of him wanted to give back, again, for those who were lost in the perils.

He threaded his way through the streets, in need of diversions and distractions, applying to the notices, following paths and lanes to where Bastien and some others already waited. Art wasn’t really his forte’ either, but willing to try. He raised his head in inclination of his assistance towards the guildmaster, a deep, reverberating intonation following, “Bastien,” and then corresponding nods to the others too. “What do you need?”
Yeah but for the fall—oh, my—
Do you dare to look them right in the eyes?
DEIMOS
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Change author:
HOTARU
Hotaru hadn't known any of those lost in the wreckage of Fiat Lux, but news of Amalia's injuries had reached just about everyone in Caido. And though she is a self-serving bitch, she is not heartless. The amount of children alone lost that day would have driven her to the memorial making, grateful in unspeakable ways for Cassandra's continued safety. But knowing how dear Amalia is to Deimos only further encourages her. She doesn't know the woman personally, and as such doesn't feel comfortable offering condolences that the woman is likely drowning beneath already. But this? She can do this.

Deimos is already there, as well as Oia and Bastien and the Phoebe-Friend from the wedding. As always she gently places her hand on Deimos' elbow when she arrives, a motion so ingrained in their hellos that she scarcely does so consciously. "Hello, Bastien. Oia." A greeting to both, but she remains at Deimos' side. Wherever they plan on taking this memorial, she is there to offer her hands to help Bastien achieve his vision.
she would burn down your kingdoms
herself with it
if it meant your ruin

Table Code by Sky!
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
BASTIEN
As Oia'i'o arrived, Bastien tried his best to keep his eyes from rolling; he was almost certain the Demi-Goddess had not arrived because she genuinely wanted to assist in the mourning of the townsfolk, from his previous experience of her, and he was right. "Show some respect!" He hissed to her, looking around to make sure no one passing had heard her. "The time for these kinds of questions is not here, where those mourning could overhear you. If you are here, help, or go. Do not pick at the way people grieve." Perhaps she didn't know any better, but Oia would have to learn sometime that she could not just ask whatever she wanted in any situation.

The next arrival, Harper, was at least far more respectful of the situation. Smiling at him sombrely, Bastien held out a hand to shake. "For the moment we are just waiting for more to arrive, then I will be giving out the tasks. I hope it will not be so difficult...I'd like it to be completed within the hour." After all, it wasn't designed to be permanent; just something to help assuage the immediate grief of families, to help them feel that people out there cared and remembered for their lost ones.

Deimos was not a face he'd expected see, but he was glad for him; the man's strength would be useful when it came to lifting away the heaviest of the debris in the space and he was sure that his stoic demeanour would be appropriate for the task. The final arrival, Hotaru, was welcomed with a smile and if she would permit it, a light hug for his sister-in-law.

With enough people to begin, he stood back and with none of his usual gusto, delivered the tasks to be completed: "Thank you all for coming. This will be very helpful for the people suffering losses, I am sure." (A glance directed at Oia.) "Our first job will be to make this space suitable for what I have planned. As you can see, it is..a little messy. We need to empty it and wash this wall - I have brought some water and a rough brush for it. Then a barrier, around here--" Bastien motioned his arms to show the sort of space he wanted. "So it is not damaged by passers by. And to protect it from the rain..."

He took a folded cloth out of his satchel, one waxed to be tougher against water. "I was thinking we could hang this between the two houses. I have some rope and I think if someone was willing to be on my shoulders, it might be enough height..."

--
The following things need doing:
- Wall washing
- Rocks/debris taken out of area
- Small barrier put around the spot
- Covering added from drainpipe to drainpipe to protect it from rain (feel free to PP bastien and get on his shoulders, or find an alternate way up).

No order, take whichever task you want that's left!
among the wreck
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Change author:
OIA'I'O
"Respect to who?" You ask, your fingers twitching on your pen; an indication that you're not entirely pleased that your question hasn't been answered. Blinking up at Bastien and not looking the least offended at his tone, you merely look confused. "When is the time for these kinds of questions?" And then, because you too can be sassy at times you add, "What if this is the way I grieve and you are the one picking at it?"

Bastien turns from you, and you nod towards Hotaru still looking puzzled and upset. "I can do the barrier." Though given you remain immobile for a moment, it's unclear if you're just announcing your abilities or offering to help.

You do in fact move to where the shrine would be, putting down your notebook which is glaring empty of information at this point. The ground beneath begins to whine upwards beneath your control; you'd not have it be anything other than natural of course, and so you don't arrange the earth in any particular fashion. Merely you allow your magic to tug at it and form it, just as large glaciers once did as they cut across the land, molding it in their wake.

Oia uses her upgraded earth magic to make a barrier!

Coding base by Sky!
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Hotaru’s presence was a relief, a balm, an ease of breath; something assuaged in the cataclysm and maelstrom brewing from within. Otherwise, his attention remained on the tasks at hand, anything to barrel onward instead of down, diminishing, swallowed, consumed, and devoured by everything else sinking and clawing into his ribs. Listening, pondering which he’d be better suited for; sadly somewhat of a professional of rock moving as of late, and washing walls wouldn’t be difficult – the barrier option gone within a moment – but perhaps his talents would best lie in the folded cloth, the only one of those gathered capable of flying and launching to those heights.

And he wouldn’t have to stand on Bastien’s shoulders – likely saving them both from potential disaster.

“I can hang this,” he offered, adhering to the task by shifting entirely into his eagle form, talons reaching out to grab at the cloth, and the rope too if need be, before his wings spread, ascending, gliding, and hovering, assailing to the necessary sanction and structure; intending to drape it between houses as a cover, as a protection, as a shield, as directed.
DEIMOS
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Change author:
HOTARU
Bastien's small smile prompts her own, and she gratefully sinks into his brief hug, squeezing him gently before they part. She grows more fond of him each day, and would cherish him for making Rexanna happy if nothing else. Oia's perplexed expression has Hotaru noting to speak to her later if time allows, wondering what she has missed in her arrival. But there is work to be done, a list of things to accomplish before the art can even take place, and those better suited to certain tasks lay claim as she ponders her own.

Rolling up her sleeves, she moves towards the water bucket and brush. "I'll wash the walls." It's steady work, and she doesn't mind the prunes forming on her fingers as the water cascades down her forearms as she scrubs. Hopefully it will be quick to dry, so that they aren't standing around wishing the sun with its meager heat could have done so through the sheet.

Hotaru washes the walls!
she would burn down your kingdoms
herself with it
if it meant your ruin

Table Code by Sky!
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
The man he speaks to is apparently the coordinator as he had assumed, and Harper nods politely at the time estimation. "I'm sure with enough hands we can get it done that quickly. The weather looks like it'll hold out." Blue eyes cast to the sky, watching the clouds with a keen gaze reminiscent to longing as others gather slowly. When it is time to work, the tasks are listed out and picked from, and Harper shrugs with a little smile and happily takes up the last. Moving the rocks is a good exercise, loosening up wound muscles and warming him as the sheet above takes away the sun's meager heat. Some debris is easily kicked away with a well-placed boot, while others require rolling or hauling that strains his shoulders against his shirt.

It's tedious menial work, but for a cause that Harper cares about. The initiation on Bastien's part is appreciated, and he hopes that others who experienced loss more keenly in the wake of the festival will be comforted by the man's work even in some small way. Harper can't fix what happened, but he can help in this small way.
HARPER
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
Oia'i'o was truly a master at trying Bastien's patience. In the same hushed tones, still darting his eyes around to make sure no potentially-hurt recently bereaved were nearby, he said: "Listen. How about this. If you wish, after this work is done, you can come to the guild with me and ask any question you like. We can discuss it the whole night through. But you should not speak so rudely when there could be people around that have lost children." Hopefully, that would satisfy her need to endlessly question.

At least she did seem willing to help - her barrier was not quite what he had in mind, but Bastien was not opposed to a natural aesthetic. "Could you grow flowers in this? Something white, or blue. Calm. Perhaps lilies?" He did not know if this was an unreasonable request, but she was a Demi-God, after all.

Deimos took the tarp from him and hung it as an eagle, something Bastien found himself utterly transfixed by. He wondered if it would be too odd for him to ask the man to bite sometime...Rexanna might not like it, he thought. "Fantastic, Deimos. This should keep the elements off for the time being." Though, it did seem to make the area a little dark, dingy...as much as a sombre mood was helped by low light, there needed to be enough illumination for the memorial to be seen. "Do you know a way we could light this? Torches, perhaps?"

During this, Hotaru and Harper helped to clean and clear the space, not as glamourous jobs, but very important. Once the area was clear, ready to be added to, Bastien approached them both with a wide smile. "Wonderful work. Now." Stepping away for a moment to grasp some buckets of paint, he lifted them to the edge of the memorial. "Perhaps Harper, you could begin to paint? I was thinking it would be best to do a dark blue background, then we will add stars - you will see why shortly."

"And Hotaru, sit with me please." Bastien went to sit cross legged on the cobbles, reaching for his last supply - a pile of thick, cream-coloured parchment. "We will fold these, like this." After handing Hotaru a rag to dry her hands upon, he began to slowly show her a way to crease the paper, mark out lines, until eventually it could be made into a star. "These we will give to people to place within the names of their lost ones. What do you think?"

---
Everyone has another small task! Of course  you may choose to do this however you like, or refuse to do it entirely.
Lil jobs:
Oia'i'o: Grow flowers on the barrier?
Deimos: Make something/find something to light up the memorial?
Harper: Paint the wall dark/add stars
Hotaru: Help Bastien fold paper stars

No order!
among the wreck
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
The tarp unfolded and unfurled, a protective barrier against the elements, and he descended, human once more, to listen to his next set of instructions. Tilting his head to study the latest accomplishment, he’d have to agree on the darker orchestrations – no one would require or need reminders of shadows, of darkness, while they mourned or remembered. However, he could supply this efficiently, no other fabrications or materials necessary.

His own powers came to fruition after nodding, acknowledging the need for light: palms corresponding eagerly with contortions and concoctions, extending outward from one another to create two pieces of timber to serve as torches. On another notion, he did the same thing again, though the following artifacts were smaller in stature: twin lanterns, simplistic designs etched and sketched into their metal (pinnacles and stretches of the sun’s rays). It would leave Bastien with some options for mood setting or any other illumination adornments. Upon completion of those motions, the Sword then flickered the flash, the ember, the cinders of his fire incantations upon all four, lit and drawn for luminescence.

--

Deimos uses his creation magic to make two torches and two lanterns. He then uses his fire magic to light all four.
DEIMOS
Observer

Change author:
OIA'I'O
You frown. How are you being rude? You're merely asking questions; is that now rude? But Bastien's offer to explain more to you as you instantly nodding, though you offer one caveat: "Outside." You can go back to the guild, but you don't want to go indoors. Not when there are so many doorknobs and carpets and walls.

The request for flowers is of course an easy one for you to satisfy. Sitting down around your earthen barrier, you call to the saplings and seedlings nestled latent in the soil. You call to those that grow elsewhere as well. Blue and white just as Bastien described pop through the soil, vibrant and healthy despite having only been above-ground for mere seconds.

Coding base by Sky!
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
He is a little too warm beneath the collar by the time they have cleared the space, but at least his muscles are adequately warmed up as well. They all work simultaneously, quickly enough and with enough hands to spare that it comes together quite nicely in a moment's time. Of course, they are far from finished, and when Bastien calls him by name to another task, the acrobat comes with a warm smile. "My favorite color. Consider it done." The humor fades away to seriousness in the latter half, taking the brush and bucket of paint that the man provides before turning to the freshly washed wall.

He had never been an artist necessarily, but color and decoration are close enough to his upbringing. Harper is careful with each stroke, avoiding drips and smears, wanting this mural to be as perfect as possible. It's a surprisingly soothing task, one that he takes to happily as the wall disappears beneath dark cobalt with every sweep of his arm. The sound of the bristles against the wall, the drip of liquid back into the bucket, all a soothing melody to his work.
HARPER