[SE] One over the Other
For Maea
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Thank you for finding me
And thank you for the care
Sam followed Maea's instruction carefully, creating a basket that was more than a little wonky, but that would be good enough to capture the sun, given that nothing would actually be entering the structure physically. As he worked his tongue just stuck slightly out of his lips, the work taking a lot of concentration.

So much concentration in fact that he missed Maea's question at first and looked up for a long pause before replying: "Oh, of course! Besides, I have connected mentally with some of my fellow Ascended and it doesn't happen without consent. No one can just read my mind. I wouldn't like that either." He reassured her. He could think of little worse, actually, given his tendency towards paranoia.
And fuck you for making me
Think that this life might be fair
SAMUEL
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Maea
Big dreamers shoot for open skies
Maea considered this. She hadn't been aware that they could do such things. Wondering if it was the same for the attuned, if they too could connect through the shared bond of the Old Gods favors, she hummed her understanding.

"Perhaps I might join you on a visit, then" she said, while showing Sam how he could tie off the edges to a smooth rim without bits and bobs to poke out and hurt someone. "I'm all for second chances... perhaps I simply have not put in enough effort to understand your Voice."

In the end, the two baskets looked much like their makers. One small and neat with restraint written in every tightly woven line. The other one a little uneven, a little shaky and undecided, but fit for most tasks it might be put through. Smiling, Maea offered Sam her own sample basket.

"Here. Keep it. Or give it to someone who can't make their own. I have more baskets than I know what to do with."

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Thank you for finding me
Maea's open mindedness and willingness to see The Voice put a wide smile on Sam's face. While perhaps it was simply a matter of her being less stubborn than Jigano, it felt like a step in the right direction for arguing for his Goddess. "Any time you'd like to, come and see me. I would love to take you to see her." He had no doubt it would be a positive meeting; after all The Voice had taken Rexanna under her wings so willingly.

His basket came out looking like, well, a basket, which was more than Sam had expected. He held it up and turned it, happy enough with the result even if Maea's were much neater.

"Oh. Thank you - I'll find someone who needs one." He promised, taking Maea's too and placing them both side by side on the table. "You know...as well as coming to see the Voice...would you like to come by for more lessons sometime? I enjoyed having a pupil." The craft of bookbinding was one becoming worryingly rare in Sanctuary and Sam had found himself, when he had the time to be, invested in trying to spread it.
SAMUEL
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Maea
Big dreamers shoot for open skies
"Of course. I will let you know when I find some time... don't want to rush or be in a hurry to get back at the time..."

Maea wasn't half as optimistic about it as Sam, and perhaps her reasons were rather more murky than he seemed to think. Amun could attest to her difficulties when it came to the Ascended and their goddess... but she had promised to put in some effort. So effort she would bring.

"I would love to," she answered, to his offer of further lessons. "I've begun to teach myself the reading - found a few books for children and started over with the basics - but I would really like to be able to make my own books. The bindings you make are wonderful... perhaps I can do better now that I see again."

Maea looked forward to it, and smiled widely at the prospect of revisiting his workshop.

♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
Thank you for finding me
"Of course, of course." Sam nodded again, ready to agree to basically anything as long as he'd be able to take another person to see The Voice, one of his favourite things to be able to do - she so loved new followers, and being able to share his Goddesses light with others was a wondrous thing indeed.

That she'd been continuing at least some of her education in her absence made him smile. They were kindred spirits like that, he thought - the desire to learn underpinning everything else in their lives. Despite everything that had happened to him, he had always found solace in an interesting book. "Oh, yes! Absolutely - we could try and do something a little more complicated." He had some leather stamps saved for special occasions; this would indeed be one.

With plans and baskets made, there was little left to do but read in companionable silence for the time being. Glad to have found his friend once again, Sam left that day with a wide smile on his face for the first time in a while.

{fin}
SAMUEL