[SE] Lay this to rest
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
You're so cold
but you feel alive
Glad for the silence, she saved her words for the shrine, for the offering and the little ritual. Recalling what Wessex had said about the Fae tradition, she followed Amun's promt and set the little bowl down onto the rock. The air shimmered with the refractured light as facets caught the sun and spread it about. Far more suitable than it might have been on some dusty shelf in a sitting room, Maea nodded to him and focused her attention on the bowl, on the sky, on the bright sun overhead.

"An offering that the sun might last, that the light might stay, that the longest night might come no more," she added. As was her habit whenever she prayed, Maea took a moment to consider the things she had seen and done since her last visit to a holy place.

She had met Ludo again. Had been given a task to complete, and found a place for herself to stay until she found a new home. Maea had met new people, initiated training, and was preparing to part with this place that had been  - and still was - her home. Changes all around. Too many? She had a lingering feeling of rootlessness, as if all the soil to tie her down was washing away in this ceaseless flood of change.

"Our deepest respect to any others who might listen, as well," she added, glancing off at Amun. Thinking of the Voice that was his personal goddess, whom was not represented here.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Amun Arlun
Potter

Age: 41 | Height: 5'7'' | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 11 - Strg: 31 - Dext: 34 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 30 - Int: 1
ZHANSHI - Mythical - Landshark (Airbending)
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
my love affair with water runs deep into my soul,
the serenity as intense as the tides ebb and flow
Amun took a slight step back, happy to let Maea lead the way with the prayers on her own soon-to-be former farm. As she spoke, he kept his head bowed slightly. When she paused, he glanced at her, but said nothing.

Thankfully, she resumed the prayer soon enough. When she fell silent again, he raised his head. "To all those who watch over us, we give our thanks." It came out quietly, almost reverently.

Turning to face her more fully, he grinned. It was one of his old grins, the one that gave him more than a bit of an air of mischief around him. "Thank you, for making the offering with me. And for your patience, and making an effort to overcome your fears." He was legitimately genuine about his gratitude.

"However, I've taken up far too much of your time already, and I imagine you've got your fire to tend to and your cleaning to get on with." He doffed an imaginary cap at her. "If you have more questions, though, feel free to swing by the studio any time." With that, he gave her a cheerful wave, before turning to walk away, whistling a jaunty tune as he did.
nothing is softer or more flexible than water,
yet nothing can resist it
AMUN
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
You're so cold
but you feel alive
It was simple, but to the point. Honest, she thought, and hopefully in accordance to the little tradition that had swept over her homeland like a tidalwave. If perhaps less destructive. Though the reeds and willows had been severely depleted in places from all the basket making.

When Amun wrapped up the prayer and stepped back, Maea did the same, and offered him a smile and a little shrug at the gratitude.

"I'm the one who should be thanking you, for being so stubborn about it. I'm sure you've helped me more already than I even know yet..."

Saying her own goodbyes, Maea watched him leave and then began to make her way back towards the house. No doubt she would have a few stray fires to put out before she could resume what she had been doing, but the effort felt like a small price to pay for todays lesson in tolerance.

All in all, an awful day. But perhaps worthwhile.

----

- FIN
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦