Drop won't you come see about me?
Undertaker

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Abasi
You tell me what you want and I'll tell you what you get

Abasi had known coming into the burning woods that it was a dangerous situation; had felt the heat of the flames burn his skin after barely any time within. Nonetheless he had pressed onwards, feeling safe both because of the presence of Loren and the precedent of things he had lived through already on Caido: some days, he felt invincible.

Yet in the sudden quiet of the moment, the Luxere seemingly calmed for just a second, he felt an uneasy turn in his stomach. All appeared to be controlled yet he could not help the sudden anxiety, the sudden knowledge that something was wrong; he turned to Loren to speak, lips barely even forming a word before the heat struck him--

Still, he hadn't imagined that this would be the day he'd die. The timing didn't feel quite right, as if he was halfway through the introduction to the story, taken away before he got the climax. Falling he felt only panic, writhed around on the forest floor trying desperately to put the fire out, casting his Purify spell just in case it had a chance of doing anything at all (which of course, it did not).

Thankfully, the pain of the flames lasted for only a moment, then all there was for endless time was a dark void and one thought: Oh. That's how it feels.

He knew from his time speaking to Ludo that anything he saw after his death would be an illusion, mere disguises for the sake of saving further pain; yet still he was comforted by the sight of Anubis approaching, jackal-headed God the most wonderful sight he had seen. Abasi fell to his feet, ready to be judged, to be found worthy, tears brimming in his eyes as he knew he would be, but that he'd had so much more to prove.

Come. Your heart is satisfactory and your rebirth must begin.

Wiping the tears from his eyes, Abasi looked down to see the bracelets on his wrists a shining gold again, his arms now shrouded in a white muslin bearing traditional patterns and feet in comforting leather sandals; how he had always felt comfortable. How he would always be.

He stood and looked back, just once. Looked to see Loren, knowing he could not say anything and that even if he could, nothing would close the wound. It seemed wildly unfair, if only because in a mere second, he had suddenly come to an understanding about all the problems they had had. Perhaps, he comforted himself, he could tell him when they met again. Until then, he could only hope his love (because what else could he have been?) was strong enough to work his way past this.

Turning back to his God and nodding, Abasi walked into the land of Caido's souls, finding it to look pleasingly like the fields of Aaru.

Perhaps he'd missed the climax, but the ending was still as he'd always wanted it to be.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
As the fire flared up, Loren raised his hands against the heat and the light that washed over him, burning and fierce. Thankfully, it soon subsided, and he immediately turned to check to see if anyone needed healing. His own wounds were already closing as a familiar sky blue light coursed over him.

It was only then that he saw the body, prone on the ground.

The face, blistered and burned.

Abasi, unmoving.

"No!" It was an unholy, unearthly shriek, torn from lips that had already lost too much. The summoner sprinted over and crashed to his knees. Immediately he pressed his hands to the undertaker's shoulders, glowing with healing magic that went nowhere. Loren was uncaring of the lingering heat, or the nauseating smell of cooked flesh, or his own lingering burns. "Wake up. Abasi, p-please wake up. I c-c-can't lose anyone..." Tears finally choked off his voice completely, made his vision blurry.

However, he stayed there, head bent over the other man's prone form. "Please. I'll do anything. Just...wake up. P-please. Please. Please c-come back to me. Please." The summoner found himself repeating the word over and over again. The pleading was a pitiful and broken thing.

But it was all he had left now, as he cradled the corpse of the man Loren had loved too, too briefly and far too incompletely.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 4 - Int:
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
OIA
"Appreciation." You mumble to Jigano, his healing magic likely the only reason that you have persisted whereas Abasi has not. You aren't surprised at all that someone has died. Despite the presence of the master-healers, no one was working together. Everyone was just out for themselves, trying to prove that their abilities were the aptest at taking care of the issue. Apparently team-work and communication is a sign of weakness among the Grounders and the Outlands who have assimilated here.

"I guess he won't be able to help us now." You say of Abasi to Kai, having previously wanted the undertaker's assistance should you and Kai find yourselves with an extra body or two during an experiment.

As the luxere follows your illusion creatures hopefully from harms-way, you blink with surprise as it instead turns and comes towards you. Raising a hand to send the creature into an illusory world where the others cannot continue to berate it for their own misguided need to help, you're surprised to find its nose softly pressed against your palm as a new mental tether appears in your mind. Had you ears in that moment they would have been pinned against your skull. You were only here for the levelling requirement after all.

"Kai.." You whisper, wanting and needing your twin to verify just what it was you believed to be happening.

i think i'll pass on the summer
don't wanna fall for it this time

Coding base by Sky!
Neron Launceleyn
the Hailstorm
Barman at the VlamVloed

Age: 29 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 23 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
neron
Neron’s luck ran out and he got himself some nasty burns to show for it, but as the ashes settled and the light dimmed and the little luxere claimed its new companion in Oia’i’o, he considered himself lucky. Lucky compared to the burnt, unmoving body of a man some distance away. A man his twin appeared to know quite intimately, or at least that was the impression from Loren’s reaction.

An emotional person Neron was not. A kind person even less so. But he understood duty and he had been brought up on the reputation of the Launceleyn name, and it was this that spurred him to approach his grieving brother. A silent shield of ice crept about them, hiding and protecting and giving some semblance of privacy. Neron of course said nothing - he would likely remain that way until all the others were gone.
you're so cold, put your hand in mine

Coding base by Sky!
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Jigano did not need much to Heal Oia'i'o; a light brush of his fingers against hers for a handful of seconds or so. As one who was generally reticent about unnecessary touching from strangers he respected her personal space and didn't let his hand linger longer than necessary, stepping back with a nod of acknowledgment at her observation. He wasn't sure if he agreed with it, but she wasn't necessarily wrong, either, and silence seemed the best course while all focus was on soothing the little luxere. Summoning and illusion, fire magic and animal calling, all combined to finally bring the poor creature a little peace...

But not without a price being exacted from their company first.

He had turned first to those nearest to him, to Kai and Oia, trusting Zuriel and Loren to spread their healing to those in their reach in turn. It wasn't until the luxere nosed up to Rae's quiet daughter and Loren's howl split the air that he realized one of their company would not rise again. He drew in a sharp breath as he turned, seeing Abasi cradled in the Launceleyn's arms, and perhaps it was selfish of him to worry not for the undertaker but for the man who held him.

"Loren..." he said softly, starting to reach back for his friend, but Neron stepped forward and blocked the mourning mage from view, and Jigano drew in a slow, shuddering breath. There was nothing more he could do for them for now, but there were others standing about, looking singed and burned to various degrees, and he pulled a facade of composure of his features as he looked around at those most in need of first aid. "I can Heal those who need it, before you go," he offered quietly to those remaining, and would do what he could to mitigate their burns before they left Loren and his lost love in peace.

{Fin for Jigano}
Scientist

Age: 26 | Height: 5'8 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
there's no time to be bored in a world such as this
It is a sad thing when someone dies, even though it is natural. Everything dies eventually - life is a cyclical thing, ever spiraling from one moment to the next. Fire purges the greatest forests and paves the way for newer growth and those trees rise up to the heavens until eventually they, to, are felled. It's Rae's intention, and you think it's beautiful.

But that doesn't mean it isn't sad.

"He'd probably be upset if we use his body," you reflect to your sister, a little bit disappointed that you won't be able to craft a lovely garden out of his corpse. But there's more pressing issues to attend to, because the luxere is approaching her, its nose pressed against her hand in a clear gesture of trust and bonding, and even though you feel a sudden and very strong burst of envy you feel far more proud and pleased and bewildered.  "It's bondin' to you," you announce somewhat unnecessarily, kneeling down to extend a hand to this newest member of your family.

Quietly, for the ears of the luxere and your sister alone, you bestow upon it a name. "Mono no aware," you murmur, the phrase something you picked up somewhere in your learning. Glancing back up at Oia, you smile. "Aware for short. It's about the importance'a moments like this one, when things change in a way that'll never go back." Loss of life and gain of life - the cycle made complete.
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Change author:
OIA
"There is no more he to be upset about. But it looks like they would." You say of Loren and Neron who are clustered around the body. You assume the ice is for preservation and not privacy, but it has more or less the same effect in your mind.

"But...I didn't ask for it to." You protest. The little luxere hardly cares, turning bright eyes towards Kai and instantly leaping into his arms. Luckily its flames are now under control and though they burn on his body, your twin is unharmed.

You tilt your head at the name but never think to question is. Kai is the one Who Names between the two of you, and instantly you taste the word. "Aware." You repeat, then look at the luxere. "物の哀れ." The fawn tilts an ear back at you as if contemplating its name itself, before huffing against Kai in mirthful appreciation. In your hair, Meraki croaks unhappily, clearly put off by all the fire.

"Come on. They might try and throw water at him again."

Coding base by Sky!
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
At Oia’i’o and Kaimana’s callous conversation, something in Loren snapped. The ice Neron had used to protect his younger twin from the world (too little, too late, under the circumstances and ever again) shattered like his broken heart as his magic lashed out, sending icy splinters raining around the clearing. As they did, he screamed, the sound inhuman.

He stood, murder in his eyes. Turning slowly, he regarded the children of Rae with a burning hatred that for a moment prevented him from finding his voice. But only for a moment. ”You heartless monsters.” There was a mindless fury in the words.

Without thinking, his fingertips shifted into claws. Snarling, he spat at their feet before they could depart. Then he knelt to gather Abasi’s corpse and stagger blindly away.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.
Observer

Change author:
OIA
Aware flinches as icicles rain down, a few pelting the area around you. You aren't in Loren's immediate vicinity though so luckily you receive only a single scrape on the leg. Still, both you and the luxere give the summoner a disapproving look for being, in your mind, childish.

"If I didn't have a heart I would be an ascended." You say to Loren. "Or dead." You add thoughtfully. You understand that human-animals get upset when their partners die and Loren has all but said that is what he and Abasi were. You aren't sure what it has to do with you, nor why violence was called for.

"If you do that again I will send you into another reality." You warn.

Coding base by Sky!