Personal Quest oh sinners come down, come gather 'round
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
You're so cold
but you feel alive
More often than not Maea had a tendency to bite off more than she could chew, diving into tasks wholeheartedly only to find herself in a pinch. This time, the dangers were possibilities of a broken back and an embarrassing tumble to the ground in front of a lot of people. Which... she would really rather avoid.

She had the presence of mind to shift the ice on the ground back to water before she could slip and fall, and after struggling with the sack for a while, Maea had to give up. Grumbling something about the woes of being short, she let out some of the sand she had gathered until the sack became more manageable. Then, she tried again. Perhaps she would have to go back and forth a few more times than the others, but better that then getting nowhere.

At least she wasn't the only one to have difficulties. "Are you both alright?" she commisserated, seeing how Ronin's sack had split open and Sunjata's fingers looked... rather pinched, and a bit sore. She bit her lip, trying and failing not to smile at him. "Crab for dinner, perhaps? Once we're done here?" she asked him sweetly.

-----

Maea dismisses the ice and lets out sand from the sack to make it easier to carry! Hoping that making several trips will get the job done quicker than breaking her back. Then she tries again.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
nothing heals old wounds like opening fresh ones
Digging holes was simple, boring, but simple. It required almost no thought, which made Nate doubly glad when Melita actually answered him, the mood that had been clinging to her face apparently gone for the moment. "I'm Nathaniel. Nate, if you want." A grin far brighter than hers spread over his face as he introduced himself.

It only grew as her shovel broke, though he nobly managed to keep himself from laughing, managing to actually focus on his own hole until she had returned with a replacement shovel. "At least we're doing better than the others." He joked, to the room instead of just Melita this time. "Do you think they got swept away?"

With Remi far faster at digging than him, Nate gave Melita her chance to conquer the earth and looked around for something else. Boxing clubs needed heavy bags, or something similar. And there were more bags around, though they didn't look nearly sturdy enough to hold anything in them. Nate collected as many as he could, then started to put them together, double lining the bags and using loose threads from the scraps of some other fabric to reinforce the seams. It wouldn't be pretty, but it should be effective.

Nate finishes his hole and starts working on making heavy bags.
NATE
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
gladiator, picked a fight with the gods, i'm a giant slayer
Ronin's irritable cursing at being covered in sand as the bag split would be audible for any around them to hear. He ended it, at least, with a chuckle, the hunter glancing to Maea and Sunjata and shrugging his shoulders. Well, he ought to have seen that coming. Dusting himself off, he turned on heel to grab a new sack and head back to get some more sand.

This time, however, he decided to load the sack onto a small wooden pallet he found lying around by a market stall, and opted to drag and/or push this to the pit instead.

If brute strength didn't work the first time, maybe brute strength would work the... second... time?

Ronin refills the sand into a new sack and loads this onto a wooden pallet! He tries to push/drag this to the pit instead.
bone shaker, dominator, freight train, wreckin' ball, i'm the gladiator
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
& my heart ran away from me
'Too strong for your own good?" Remi asks of Melita, grinning at her as the shovel breaks beneath her efforts.

Focusing on the ground again, the alchemist focuses to once again try and move the earth using this mixture of telekinesis and earth magic to create a new hole. He didn't really understand how all of this was meant to come together, but for the time being, he was simply happy enough to follow instructions.

If he was successful in this, given that he didn't know Nate and Sam were no longer an item and not wanting at all to even remotely discuss Sam, Remi would opt to aid his husband in moving sand. Whispering it forward using earth and telekinesis, he'd try to create a wave of sand from the beach to the soon-to-be-arena.

Remi tries to dig another hole and if successful, will help move sand.

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
i'm suffocating the clock to keep you
i think like a saint, but swing like a thief
Luckily for Melita, this shovel is made much better than the previous one – not left to dry out and cause inconsistencies within the framework of it. This shovel, Melita will find, digs a perfectly precise hole. And with it, the holes for the ring are completed. Now, the only thing needed are to put the beams in and reinforce them.

Nate will find that his sewing skills are relatively good use for this. And he gets through a few of the bags, sturdy enough to hold a descent amount of the sand to tie them off and prep them for being hung. However, when the Ascended gets to his third bag, he’ll notice that the bottom when he fills it with some amount of sand, begins to slip out from the base.

Remi manages to finish off the holes as well, and with it when he goes to help Ronin with the sand – perhaps the sand team’s bad luck rubs off on the Alchemist when he approaches. For when the wave of sand begins to move to the interior, perhaps a rogue wind hits and it splashes sand all over the interior. But hey, at least it’s gotten into the pit!

Likewise, Ronin will find that as soon as he gets the wooden pallet to the pit, the entire bag of sand falls into it, filling one of the holes already dug. Sunjata, likewise, has a similar issue and he curses quietly in Korofi with a quiet chuckle at the insanity of it all – the inside awash with sand in almost every nook and cranny. Never the less, Sunjata picks up a shovel to clear out a path for the beams to go.

Maea will find that letting out the sand from the sack makes it easier to carry it, and with a few bags of sand within it, she’s free to work on the other projects at the moment. Mostly, setting up the beams and prepping the ropes to go around them.

Round 3! ALMOST THERE BUT AGAIN SOME SHIT ROLLS LMAO

Maea succeeds in her sand trips!
Remi succeeds in finishing off the holes with Melita, but causes the entire interior to be covered in sand.
Melita digs her hole! Now they just gotta get the beams in place and secure them!
Nate manages to make a couple of bags, but the next one splits apart at the bottom!
Ronin accidentally fills the pit as well as one of the already dug holes, and Sunjata does the same.

All that’s left is hanging the bags that are completed, putting in the beams, adding the rope to the outside of the pit to connect it to each beam to ‘make’ the ring, and then cleaning up a bit!

No post order.
and inadvertently leading you
to believe i'm your prince
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
The project seemed cursed. No one would be very surprised at this, seeing as it was Sunjata who headed it all, but all the same. It seemed that nothing was about to go smoothly with this boxing ring. Maea did at least get her sand into the pit, after much struggling, only to find that the whole interior had been covered with it, courtesy of Remi.

Biting her lip to keep from laughing, she went to help set up the last beams, a simple enough task of popping beams into the dug holes and stamping them into place. But seeing as the rest of the projects had been far from pain free, she tried to be careful... lest she trample a nail into her foot, or break a leg.

That would be an inauspicious way to finish this project.

-----

Maea goes on to put beams into place! Carefully, though, so she won't break legs, or something else unfortunate. xD
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Oh, well. Wow. Ronin could only laugh as his sandbag filled up one of the holes, as well as the boxing ring pit, and he shook his head before quickly getting to work in digging the hole out again. By that time his wonderful husband had come to 'help', blowing more sand all over them, and the Dark Star had to stop chuckling at the absurdity of it all so he might swallow less sand. "Okay, okay. Wow. I think I'll cut my losses and move onto something else now." Grinning, he nudged Remi and shot a wink at Sunjata, before turning his attention to the next best heavy lifting task.

"If I die under one of these bags," he told Nate, "tell everyone it was very heroic, okay?" Without further ado, he worked on trying to haul the completed bags up to hang them. Should he be successful, he would definitely give them a test punch or two.

Ronin digs out the hole he filled with sand, and goes to start hanging up the completed bags!
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
With a frustrated chuckle in response, Remi watched Ronin go with an amused huff before returning his gaze to the sandy-mess he'd created. His magic had been...so strange as of late, that he probably shouldn't be terribly surprised things were going this way. Shrugging it off, he tried again.

Concentrating fully (without Ronin's chisled jawline to distract him), Remi would try and magically sweep the sand properly into the pit and out of the holes so that the beams could carefully be placed therein. If successful he'd then work on cleaning up the area. If not, he'd simply create a shovel and broom to physically best the sand if he had to.

Remi tries to wrangle the sand again!

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
but there's chaos brewing
underneath my skin
Names to faces now, nodding at the confirmation, the affirmation of Nate, a generous smile continuing to peek through despite furrowed, tempestuous brows from before. She swung her head back to Remi, shaking it from side to side, long locks, warm, buoyant laughter following. “Maybe,” a haphazard shrug, until finally she managed to conquer what she’d started – the shovel withstanding the pressure, the dirt rendered defeated beneath her inclinations.

Beams then.

She thought about funneling back into her sour mood at Maea’s presence, but instead opted to ignore her entirely, allowing her hands to assist in setting the wooden fragments and figures into place, raw, unrelenting power poured into her efforts again.

--

Melita tries to help with the beams!
trying to hold in the storm
instead of making waves
MELITA
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
nothing heals old wounds like opening fresh ones
Stitching together fabric is a far more gentle task than what Nate had originally learned the skill of sewing for. He enjoys it though, enjoys how he actually seems to be doing well, until the third bag. Nate sighs at the leaning sand, then sorts through stitches trying to find the loose one, futilely apparently. It’s easier to just sew it up again, with a more secure knot.

Nate grinned as the bags were taken from him to be hung up, offering a wink to the man who took them. ”I’ll say you saved a bunch of orphans from pirates.” He laughed, finishing his last bag and leaving it to be hung. He wandered back towards the ring then, ready to help with the ropes, now that the posts were in. Rope was relatively easy to find as well, though he wasn’t sure the length would be enough, they could try.

Nate fixes his last bag and gets started in the ropes
NATE
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
the flood
i'm suffocating the clock to keep you
i think like a saint, but swing like a thief
The beams, with the help of Maea, Remi, and Melita go in without much of a hitch – a few splinters here and there that Maea and Melita will find as they place the beams in place. And settling it all in to keep them upright, packed with dirt and clay goes easy enough as well. Melita will notice, however, that the clay and dirt will cling to her, covering her hands and arms.

Ronin and Nate work together pretty well and get the bags fixed and patched, hooked and prepped. And when Ronin goes to hit the bag, he’ll find them sturdy enough – though the hard packing of the sand in comparison is enough to draw a pop or two of joints from his hands unwrapped. But they work, the bags swinging a small amount before settling again.

Remi will find that the area is easily cleaned, the sand finally moving to settle into the pit with ease. Sunjata chuckles lightly at the banter between Ronin and Nate, catching the Dark Star’s wink. Sunjata finds himself helping Nate with the ropes, ensuring they fit and are secure enough, but still separated enough to be able to slip between to get in and out. And when it’s done, Sunjata looks over it all with an appreciative eye, smirking slightly to all those around.

Perfect.” He rumbles, before he focuses on the entirety of it. “Slagveld.” He muses, eyes slipping toward Melita with a bright grin. Battleground. She should know what it means, what it insinuates. Then, turning to Ronin he offers the man a toothy grin. “Who wants to test it out?” He assumes the Star wants to, and he’s more than happy to give the man a hand – slipping away to step toward the wraps to toss a bundle to Ronin.

CONGRATS TEAM WE DID IT!!!!
Also who wants to fight Ronin ;) no need to post again to it unless you’d like to wrap up!
and inadvertently leading you
to believe i'm your prince
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
It was done, finished, and Ronin shook out his fist after testing the punchbag, pleased to see it was suitable for their needs. To gaze across the building, it seemed simultaneously unchanged and yet completely different. Time would alter it further, no doubt, as the... sl... whatever Sunjata called it received more fighters and a larger audience. For now, testing it out seemed like a mighty fine idea, and Ronin grinned and stepped forward.

"Make a bet on me, yeah?" He laughed playfully to Remi, catching the wraps thrown to him and starting to bind his hands, ducking into the sand pit and rolling his shoulders. Finally, something within him seemed to say. Some part of him relaxed, and the rest of him braced, ready for pain.
RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Alright then. I bet that Ronin will still be the most handsome of us, even face down in the sand as he's likely to be." The alchemist grinned a crooked smile towards his husband, leaning against the ropes and looking amusingly out of place. For all his muscle and scar-tissue, for the lives he'd taken, Remi was still a rather pathetic fighter and quite happy to be on this side of the rope-divider.

Glancing towards Sunjata with a raised brow, he smirked. "I suppose all this means we'll be seeing more of you around here?" His eyes wandered towards Maea, tucked so neatly in the crook of his arm before. "And you too, then?"

THE
ALCHEMIST

Table coding by Sky
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
Done. And no broken bones, no death by falling sandbags pirates, and the only injury to speak of was the splinter that had lodged itself firmly into her thumb. It was a minor menace, and one Maea was content to dig out on her own, leaned back against one of the poles she helped put into place. She tried her best to give Melita space, as it seemed the girl was less than pleased about the loreseeker's presence... and she was not in ready to open that can of worms just yet.

A nip and tug of telekinesis and the splinter was gone, pain reduced to a mere memory. Looking up as Remi addressed her, Maea smiled, both happy and touch shy at being included. "That is the plan, yes" she agreed. "When they're done playing, I'm hoping for a lesson too... hearing Sunjata talk about boxing makes it sound fun."

Pursing her lips thoughtfully, she looked over at Sunjata and Ronin. "Hmm... I do think I'll take that bet of yours, though, Remi. Loser pays for the drinks later, yes?"

She said it loud enough that the boys eagerly wrapping their hands should be able to hear it, too.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA