[se] calm and chaos
For Sunjata!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
watch her dance, she beckons you
fair warning: leave her to herself
Last year she’d dove beneath the Crimson Cataract’s dominion for gifts, for furtive, secretive things, for tracings of pretense and ichor.

And this time, she danced along the surface.

Her anklet dangles against her skin as she rushed forward, almost like a trance, as if she were nymph instead of human, light and airy, ethereal and grand, across a sea of something other than blood – pressing into the vestiges, the glamor, the opulence. Fangorn remained on the embankment, calm and transfixed by something in the dirt, while she was laden with curiosity and intrigue, inching her way over pools and falls, intending to trace towards the other side, maybe grab something appealing, noteworthy, to grant and give to another. She had no magic, she had no wings, she had naught but herself, pluck, mettle, and daring, and the grit exposed her movements, her motions, along the tempestuous hues and blends.
beautiful to see, but poison to touch
calm and chaos, evolved and still evolving
MELITA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Online
Change author:
MP: 2712
i'll put all my pieces back together where they belong, and i'll say
If she intends to keep following him while he doesn’t see her, he’s got to give her a taste of her own medicine now and again. What kind of person would he be if he didn’t?  And so he follows, on navy wings, with Haai behind him until perching on a branch a bit further away, watching as she tries to scout out something. Were it for the gifts they’re to make? Or simply just to find something nice to keep for herself?

He doesn’t know. But after a decent amount of time, he dives from the perch, Haai in tow to drop a few bugs she’d found around the gourd as she lands and aims to nuzzle her cheek against Fangorn’s stem, while Sunjata shifts and also lands on the shore. “What’re ya looking for?” He calls out to her, the hint of a mischievous smirk along his face, as though it’s some sort of big secret.
god, i'm a mess
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
If she were not completely at home in the realm of chaos, bizarre tracings, or anything else strange and otherworldly, the youth might’ve jumped at the voice recoiling along the embankments. But she knew it well, savored a moment to roll her eyes while staring at rocky walls and surfaces, while combing through laden brush and nettles. Her feet dipped and smoothly maneuvered along the surface, barefoot traces likely stained in crimson, not a single damn given, while her eyes traced back to the foundational shores. “A potential gift,” she shrugged. “I got some here last year when I dove underneath.” She pointed to the ruby red vestiges, the glimmer of ichor, the daring provocations beneath her hums; utterly indifferent to the likelihood that not many ever craved to go below the fathoms of things scorched with memories of blood. She shook her locks and snickered, a wild, wicked, vicious grin lingering there, poised – watching for a moment as Fangorn snatched at Hai’s own presents, gobbling and swallowing the bugs whole with an appreciative growl and hiss to match. “What are you doing here?” It wasn’t an accusation, more curious and inquiring than anything else; pondering what would make him rummage along the Crimson Cataract.
MELITA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
A potential gift, something he’s been meaning to do as well with the realization that there’d be some sort of exchange. And with it, he follows her gaze into the red of the cataract, a hum of laughter leaving him as he watches her walk along the water like when they first met. Haai, meanwhile, is far content to sit there and growl and grumble to Fangorn in return, one of her best friends in the end, even if she couldn’t understand what it was he was saying. Even if he couldn’t understand what she was saying either.

The question of what he was doing here though garners a brief shrug from him as he looks around the water a bit in intrigue. “Was following you, to make sure you don’t do anything stupid.” A repeat of before, only Melita hadn’t done the stupid things Sunjata had. And for a moment he glances to the ring on his finger before he looks back up to Melita with some sort of spark to his eye. “Though I did find out a neat trick.” He offers as he steps around the side of the cataract once more, going to remove the shirt from his torso and leave it beside Haai.

He goes to dive into the cataract, partially shifting his lower half to that of his orca shift – where his pants would line up at the top would meld into blacks and whites, and where feet once were was a large, flat flipper. When he rises to the surface nearby her, he sticks the fins out to splash at her in amusement. “Needless to say I can help you look.” A jest to her.
god, i'm a mess
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
His lack of originality in the remark earned him an extended eyeroll. “When do I ever do anything stupid?” A little devilish, because the answer was likely all the time, but naught he’d ever been lucky enough to witness. A more caustic response boiled on her tongue, but she slipped it away, not intending to cause any other dilemmas or dramatics, not here, not now anyway, too many other notions strained between the earth and sky. The merest spark of curiosity managed to conspire in her eyes at the following notion – a neat trick – and she tilted her head, as if to urge him on, watching as he dove into the crimson water, and his legs had become fins.

She should’ve been shocked or surprised, slightly bewildered – but after her time in Helovia, the Rift, and now Caido, not much astonished or astounded her anymore (save perhaps, for what humans were capable of in their actions, in their lies, in their deceit).

“Show off,” she uttered, shaking her cranium, laughing. Melita didn’t have any other newfound skills to show him, nothing like the attuned or the abandoned, remaining on the surface, maneuvering across the vestiges, toes dipping into the ruby adornments, sighing when she reached a rocky wall along the falls and didn’t find anything quite to her liking. She poked here and there, coveting the surface, looking for something special – his offer ringing in their jests. “Go on then. See you what you can find!” Her hand waved him off, while she kept perusing, while Fangorn grumbled and hissed to his griffin companion.
MELITA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Her eyeroll ignites a chuckle from him as he shakes his head. “Nothing as stupid as I’ve done, I suppose.” He offers with a small shrug, drifting away from that topic to show her the trick he’s learned, removing his shirt and diving into the water. Red clings to the black and white along his sides and tail, but he doesn’t particularly care that much as he rises to the surface, splashing at her.

She calls him a show off, and he gives her a bright mischievous grin at that. “I always aim to please.” He snorts as the water rolls over his shoulders and drips from his hair onto freckled cheeks that he brushes away with a hand. Soon enough, however, he finds himself watching her wave him off, a cheeky grin sent her way. ‘Maybe I will’ echoing behind the walls of his mind. He dives again, ensuring that he does it in such a sense that it might splash the water at her again. And when he reaches the sides of it, further down that Melita could see, she finds a few rather fancy looking stones that he collects in one large hand, rising to the surface again by her to shake his head, hair sticking to the side of his face when he rises and hands her the stones.

You gave Safrin some stones, what do you think of these ones?” He asks, a dark brow raising toward her. One stone was deep red, almost coppery in its hue. The other, a sheening shift of a dark almost muted rainbow.
god, i'm a mess
SuNJATA
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
She laughed, nothing left to contribute in the teasing, taunting argument when he spoke the truth. Out of necessity she kicked some water back, allowing the spray of red to ricochet and cascade from her toes, flickers of water instead of fire and vitriol. When he dove down, she continued her search, hovering around bits of crag and rock, glancing upwards for anything glittering or shining, or possibly signs of the Undine, though they likely would’ve heard her song well before. She hummed under her breath in attempts to re-manifest the tunes and lure something along, hand glancing along primeval stone, catching over glimpses of red lichen managing to attach themselves there too. Grabbing hold, she pocketed some, just to be on the safe side, in case anyone required them, as she’d done last year.

When Sunjata resurfaced, she danced and skimmed her way over, part-nymph again, kneeling to the water’s surface, dress already under threat to be consumed by the liquid, utterly indifferent to its stained edges. Pretending to be some master inspector of rocks and all their accompanying wares, she mockingly narrowed her eyes, suspicious, taking them in her palm to insinuate scrutiny. “I suppose these will do nicely for someone.” In fact, they were quite beautiful, and her corresponding smile was the anthem to her real answer: intrigued by the deep red one, like fire and brimstone, and the muted rainbow effects of the other, dazzling displays hidden below those surfaces.
MELITA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He resurfaces, offering the glittering stones while red clings to him, and he offers her a crooked boyish grin as she takes them into her hand – the words themselves aren’t too telling of what she thinks, but the smile that appears after is worth it in and of itself. Inclining his head slightly, he hums a quiet chuckle of agreement. “Good.” A quiet comment on the rocks before he pushes away from her slightly, drifting back down into the water to find a few more.

When he returns to the surface again, he shakes the water out of his hair until it plasters to the side of his head again and he swims over toward the space that Haai occupies with Fangorn, giving a nod to the pumpkin before he sets a couple of pearly stones to the pile of his clothes, finding that they might make for a nice addition to something of some sort – something he can’t create on his own, but could likely find someone to help.

Then he drifts over toward Melita once more, leaning against the edge of the water where the shore begins to rise, along a stream of rocks as red continues to cling to him more and more the further around the cataract he goes. “How much of a collection of them do you have?” He asks curiously, resting an arm against the rockery behind him that he leans against.
god, i'm a mess
SuNJATA
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
She stepped upon the rocks near the falls, peering at polished stones in a smaller pool, kneeling to study and peruse once more, a contented hum beneath, hands curling over some onyx-laden layers, curious at their smooth textures, at the way the rampaging water might have shined and buffed. They snuck into her clutches too, tucked within her palm, as she turned back towards him, tilting her head at his inquiry. “Oh, I don’t have many really. I end up giving or offering them.” Her smile was beatific and radiant, appreciative that others, like Ludo, seemed to enjoy them as much as her – intrigued by the hues, the colors, or the reverence inspiring within.

“All right, guess it’s my turn.” On a wink and a deep breath, she dove into the cataract’s pool, dress and all, indifferent once more to the ruby contortions and the blood-stained potential; she’d worn it all before. Springing down into the depths, a graceful swimmer, thrust into the water at an early age just as much as the sands and dunes, she searched and scoured the bottom layers for anything else her hands could get ahold of: plant life, more lichen, rocks, and pebbles. Then she kicked off the foundation of the wake, ascending to the surface, popping up, bobbing along on the ripples and current they’d created.
MELITA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He nods when she mentions that she doesn’t have too large of a collection, and there’s some sort of small boyish smile that crosses his face at the idea. That she’d go out of her way to collect small, beautiful things, many things that most people would pass by in favor for flowers or things that didn’t end up lasting. Perhaps he could turn the pearlish stones into something she might appreciate, something she might wield or use that would last beyond being stones in the bottom of a pack.

He decides to think on it for a bit.

Still, dark brows raise as she mentions it’s her turn, winking to him as she dives into the water. And to be honest? He’s shocked, eyes growing wider as she begins to dive down deep beneath the surface of the water. He’d always just assumed she could walk on it, that she’d never quite embraced the depths since arriving here. It was how he found her, stepping along the surface. How he’d found her here, too. But she can swim, as well if not better than he can, and while she’s below the surface he chuckles lightly at the thought of it. A brighter grin crosses his face when she does rise from the water, a nod of appreciation given to her. “Thank the gods you can swim.” He hums with another round of laughter.
god, i'm a mess
SuNJATA
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Swimming had always been one of her ideas: called to it even when born amongst the sands and dust. Perhaps the contortions had been initially due to the oasis, beautiful and siren-like in its own wake, where she’d rushed along its shallow shoal and embankments, where she splashed and played and pretended to be a damned sea monster while everyone else were heroes, thrusting their blades towards her menacing claws and riotous laughter. Then it’d been the ocean, the glass container concocted by moon goddesses, where they’d pressed their faces into its vestiges and stared upon the animals, the coral, the sea they’d normally been incapable of inhabiting. She’d explored and dove, she’d cherished and glided, a semblance of freedom even amongst the power of its waves, its currents; one wrong step, one aching muscle, one quivering bout of fatigue, and it could consume and swallow. Even when the earth had warned her off of so many things (like caves, like rivulets, like buzzing bees), she hadn’t cared, impetuous and reckless from her very first breath.

At his voice, at his laughter, as she pierced the surface, as she took in another fine layer of oxygen, Melita’s head twisted, wrinkling her nose and giggling all the while. “I won't give the gods credit for those skills. I learned on my own.” Like most of her techniques and talents; roughly-hewn, rudimentary until she gained more experience, until there was more at stake besides inquiry and amusement. She almost asked about his; but if he'd been born near the ocean, it probably went without saying. No one would leave their children to drown in their homestead. “Let’s see what I found,” and she swam again, graceful and buoyant, along the intervals, gliding over to the shoreline, where the companions rested and squawked.

Unleashed from her iron grasp, the rocks, plants, and pebbles tumbled down. There were the smooth ones clustered from the rock walls, but then an assortment of others: one blue-flecked, as if it hadn’t truly belonged in the depths of the crimson glow, others yellow, like gold but finer, lighter, a grated sienna, copper complexion, or ruby embossed, like the hues of its namesake.
MELITA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She wrinkles her nose to him, giggles flitting across the surface of the crimson waters to reach him when she responds. “Even better.” He offers, a deep chuckle of his own in agreement, a tilt to his head as he acknowledges it. “As did I.” When they’d tossed him into it, when he’d almost drowned and had to learn how to survive. He’d embraced it since, trained within it, learned to love it when it had otherwise frightened him growing up. But in Korofi, there was no time for fear when faced with the challenges of it – he could live in anxiety, and had until his seventeenth year, before he’d simply just shut down.

But that was a long time ago, now.

And so when Melita swims over to the companions, he swims over with her, arms bracing along the shore to spot the rocks that she’d found, tail idly flickering in the water as he watches them tumble. The blue flecked one is obviously his favorite, though the rest are rather gorgeous as well, and he can’t help the crooked smile that crosses his face. He reaches out with a crimson stained hand to touch and inspect the blue flecked one a bit closer. “This one is my favorite.” He offers, placing it back in her small pile and giving her a grin.
god, i'm a mess
SuNJATA
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
There were differences there, in the vestiges of the water: she’d never found them haunting or daunting, never been thrust deep into the ocean to live or drown, insinuating herself into their mass on a voluntary structure, on warm, enriched laughter, on implored curiosity and inquiry. Survival, survival, survival; different branches and nettles contorted in the extortion of obstinance, tenacity, and stubbornness. And then, perhaps not in the same stead: her beginnings had been gentle and kind, brief little snippets of tenderness, before the fall, before fright and terror stole any innocence, any ignorance; a swallowing down those choking claws and drawn nooses.

She watched carefully as he observed and examined her current wares; making note in her mind of what he preferred. Melita wasn’t surprised when he favored the blue one – denizens of rivers, of lakes, of oceans not encompassed by pain, by torment, or by power – a simple existence of varnished ambience. She rested her arms along the bank, humming beneath her breath, before shuffling all of them back into her wake. “What are you going to do with yours?” A bit of a nosey, provoking tease; hers would be collected as gifts again, granted to those she adored and enjoyed.
MELITA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Blue has always been a staple for him – and though he’s never truly known why. Perhaps it was that it called to him, in all of its shades, from the crisp cold of ice to the warmth of the addition of a purplish hue – perhaps how it could be both dark and stormy, but still relaxing and freeing all the same. Something he’d craved, wanted, adjusted, thrived for. Eventually, he sets the rock down and looks over to her with a bright grin after declaring his favorite, gaze finding her own when she begins to shuffle them back into a space for safekeeping.

The question of what he’s going to do with his leaves a brighter smile. “Probably turn them into a gift for someone special.” He offers, pushing his pearlish stones over toward her with a raised brow. “Are these pretty enough, do you think?” He asks, the edge of his lip twitching a bit up – wondering if she’d know that he’d planned on using these to make her something. But much like her, he chooses to keep them a slight secret, to ensure she approves of them first.
god, i'm a mess
SuNJATA