Training dreams where you're murdered
Maea!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
first off, you should know, that my light's on but i ain't home
Sunjata offers her a small shrug in response to her initial fear. “If you hurt people, you hurt people. You have to do what makes you happy.” He offers a bit unhelpfully. He’d hurt plenty in his life, nearly everyone at some point on his quest for personal happiness. He’d been terrible at it, but this was his fresh start. Out of fucks to give.

But he was also very experienced. And Maea? He had been her first kiss, was now her crush, a thought that remains and lingers in the back of his mind. “But there’s nothing wrong with wanting to explore and experiment, to test the waters as long as your intentions are clear.” He explains, focusing his gaze back on her, a seriousness to his tone.

What kind of say do you want to have?” He asks her while he contemplates it. Was it the sheer fact of it happening, or the fact that Maea didn’t want to give it up for a check up? He wonders if he should tell Maea of Nate’s preference, of how Sunjata had begun to experiment with it himself, but he thinks better of it. Instead, he waits for her response, wondering what he could do to help.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
MAEA
"I don't know... Do we really get to be happy if it comes at the cost of everyone else?"

How strangely liberating it was. To actually give voice to these things, talk them over. Granted, perhaps this was the sort of topic Maea could have used a mother for, or young girl friends, or even a father. But as she lacked all of those things, Sunjata really was the best option. Because with him it was all extremely relevant, and... even if he perhaps did not have the best track reckord when it came to relationships, it was still a lot better than Maea's.

Her fingers shifted against his, held his hand a bit tighter as his questions continued to delve, prying and forcing her to clarify. It was uncomfortable, but she knew to appreciate it, the necessity of it, and made herself answer anyway.

"When it starts... if it starts at all. And whether it stops... What if I say no and he keeps drinking all the same?" It was clear the thought made her deeply uneasy. Probably it didn't even have anything to do with Nate himself - she'd liked him well enough when they'd met and chatted over a meal (her meal) - but rather... the terrible lack of control when it came to the possible situation.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Perhaps it makes him selfish to not care anymore. Or perhaps he’s realized there’s nothing he gets out of it anymore — the sacrifices given, the point of it all. And so he frowns lightly down toward her, inhaling a rickety breath. “I think I stopped caring what people thought a while ago.” A roll of his shoulders. “It’s easier than walking eggshells you’re whole life.” His gaze goes to meet her — the honesty within them. Because had he cared, he wouldn’t have married Phoebe, wouldn’t have given in when so many at the wedding had offered to help him get out of it, reminded him that he could say no. And still he’d done it anyway.

Her hand grips his a bit tighter as she continues to delve deep into her fears. He squeezes hers back and is silent for a brief moment, contemplating it before he focuses on her again. “He’s always backed off after taking enough to scan.” He replies a bit gruffly, reaching up with his freehand to rub at the side of his cheek. “It was me last time. I broke first, asking him for more.” He looks around, away from her with that tidbit of information, but his hand remains in hers.

But it you really want it, I could be there just in case?” A quiet suggestion. He’s sure Nate would stop. The Ascended has always stopped when asked — Sunjata just hadn’t kept that boundary, had dived straight in.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
MAEA
She hummed in half agreement, relinquishing that point without too much complaint. He was right, and she was overly considerate. Something she would have to learn to deal with, somehow.

Maea turned her head at the squeeze of his hand, gazed at him from beneath the shade of her sleeve. If he was afraid she would judge him for taking pleasure where he found it, he might find that there was no such thing in her gaze. Perhaps a little touch of jealousy? But nothing else. She was always fairly open to new ideas and concepts, and perhaps it was a fortunate thing, considering who she had thrown her lot in with here.

And his offer of coming with her... it earned him a smile. "Would you? It would be a relief if you could. I'm not sure I wouldn't panic when the time came... and you'd know for sure that I'm not working myself too hard, too." The last part came out a little teasing, his earlier worries still on her mind. Maea wanted to reassure him that there was nothing wrong, that she was fine. No need to hold back on the lessons for her sake.

Though perhaps they should take it a bit easier for him. So he could recover properly.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She peeks at him from beneath her sleeve, and Sunjata keeps his gaze shifting for her quiet agreement to hit him. He thinks on it, the lack of judgement, a contradiction from his previous conversation — because he typically didn’t care, but with her like with Hotaru, there was that hint of caring far more than he should. So he swallows it down, hard, and focuses on her as his offer is laid out to her.

It would be good to know.” He agrees with a small boyish smile of amusement, a small amount awkward. His hand dips from his cheek to his neck along the fresher bite marks, varying places, from where he and Nate had grown a small amount more intense in their interactions. “I’ll even hold your hand if you need me to.” He tells her with a teasing tone, a squeeze to her hand in jest.

He already knows it’ll be a disaster for him.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
It did occurr to Maea that this could indeed become a rather... awkward affair, yes. She had trouble handling her own emotions and reactions as it was, and from the sound of it, what Nate would stir up in her would be beyond even what Sunjata had awakened that day by the river. And now... he would watch while she went through it? Something about the whole idea made her want to melt into a puddle and drain through the floorboards. Hide and never come back out again.

But... wasn't change and making effort her lead words this season? So in the end, she nodded her assent, sealing the deal (a nail in the coffin, more like) albeit with a bit of a blush to her cheeks.

"Oh, if I give it to you and you decide to take it, you'd better not let go again, fishboy," she retorted, halfway between laughter and threat and definitely with a smile. Her thumb stroked lightly over the skin of his hand, a grateful gesture to show how much she really appreciated it. All of this. From the lesson to the talk, the sheer presence of him...

It meant more than she had the words to express.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Amusement flickers through him at her empty threat. His gaze seeking out her own as he shakes his head lightly to her. “I’m not sure you’d let me, to be honest.” He tosses the response back at her, lips curling into a bit more of a wolfish grin. “But let’s just say if he bites me too I’m not sure what I’ll do.” He flashes her a wink, giving her hand a squeeze.

But just in case of retaliation, the man beside her shifts into that navy bird once more, flying up to the rafters up above to look down at her from the shadows, amusement flickering within the way he flexes his feathers. Another dance of sorts, without the blades and daggers and bruises and blood. This time, it was entirely a word game, a jest for jest, taunt for taunt.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
He was right to fly off. Barely had the words left his mouth than Maea aimed a swat at him, flustered and half outraged - it was her appointment, don't get greedy, mister! But her hand smacked into the floor where he'd been, and she glared after him, propping herself up on her elbows.

"Chicken," she told him, as he settled far out of reach up among the rafters. No doubt she could build herself some ladder of ice and get up there after him, but what was the point? Also, she wasn't sure she could restrain the frosty magic to only appear where she wanted it to. It would be rather embarrassing to find the Military Barracks suddenly turned into a Halo fortress of icy spikes.

Reaching around, she found one of the wooden daggers and picked it up, twirling it between her fingers as she considered the bird. The color of his feathers matched the ink of the tattoos, a vivid hue of blue so deep it was almost purple. Not unlike the lavender that had filled pots and jars in her kitchen, in her garden, crushed between sheets in her closets... It was a hue that made her think of home.

"What will you be doing when I go to Halo?" she asked the parrot. "The school is nearly done, it won't be long now."
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He watches her hand smacks the floor, and he zips up to the rafters with a quiet grin of accomplishment. She calls him a chicken, and he simply ducks his head in a small mocking bow. But he watches while she grabs one of the wooden daggers, watching him curiously, waiting briefly and just long enough that her voice reaches him again.

And perhaps he’s being a bit stupid by drifting down from the rafters on wings of navy, to land and shift back into himself with a quiet thud, leaning against the table that holds the glasses of water where he begins to pour her a glass of it and one for himself. He turns to her then, offering the glass in favor for the blade in her hand with an amused gleam to his eye. “I’m rebuilding the Temple and shrine for Safrin. And then? I don’t know. Maybe Torchline for that ‘bed rest’ I’m supposed to be doing.” He shrugs, lifting the glass to his lips to take a sip. “That and I’ll probably miss our training sessions and seeing your face around the bar.” He adds with a playful wink at the end, but there’s honesty hidden within it.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
Heaving herself up from the floor with a slight wince, muscles stiffeing and decidedly sore, Maea collected the other dagger and brought them both over to Sunjata. Exchanging them for the glass, she gratefully sipped the water, letting it soothe her throat; it felt raw and a bit achy, no doubt from the coughing fit.

"I saw your note on the board," she replied, and smiled in appreciation of the initiative. Approval shining in her eyes - she'd done the same, if only Safrin had told her how to do it. But alas... "I hope you don't plan to wait until I leave, because I have every intention of helping you with that project. No is not an option." She poked her tongue at him, as if daring to complain.

"If you get too lonely, you can always come visit? I'm sure we can find something to do that'll give you better memories than the last few times you were in Halo." Something other than Lusea's death, Phoebe's... whatever it had been. It was a cold and harsh place, but Maea thought there ought to be plenty of fun things to do there too, if they simply went looking for them.

"You did promise we would go exploring. And I can come to Torchline with you, when there is time to spare?" She had not yet been there, too wrapped up in work and study to find the time. There was also a slight reluctance in using the portals... they were made by The Voice, and their very existence went against what she knew of the Old Gods wishes. To keep the Ascended contained.

But perhaps it was already far too late for that... had been ever since the barrier fell.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He takes the wooden daggers and discards them on the table beside the real ones, picking one up and checking the edge he’d been working on when she arrived. It was small, but sharp enough to certainly do some damage, and he focuses on this briefly while she comments about the temple construction and his notice. He gives her a nod, stormy gaze drifting back toward her as she sticks her tongue out at him. “I’d expect nothing less from she who wears Ludo’s rags.” He winks to her, lowering the blade in his hand.

The mention of visiting Halo has him considering her a bit more, thinking through the possibilities. “Did you know I never knew what snow was before I came here?” He tilts his head in an avian gesture. “I’m used to weather like this. I thought Leafchange was cold enough.” A smirk of amusement crosses his face. “But, I have business in Halo so I’m sure I could drop by. So long as your teacher doesn’t spot me.” A hum of a chuckle at that.

Torchline, however? The smile that sparks along his face is almost boyish in nature, a rare crooked thing that flashes across his face before it disappears. “I’d like that.” An honest answer, lifting his chin somewhat to hand her the small blade. “Something to remember me by for the meantime, though. Just remember to take it out of your boot before you stick your foot in.” He winks, offering the handle of the smaller blade to her.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
She winked back, resolving herself to make some more effort to master a spooky look worthy of them, next time.

"I... can't even imagine what it's like to not have snow" she admitted, laughing. "I was born in a blizzard, you know. Well, not in one, but the snow was so thick the healers couldn't get to my mother to help. Father had to do the delivery himself." Superstitious nags had suggested that's why she had her frosty complexion, and even if it wasn't true Maea rather enjoyed the idea all the same.

"I'll let you know when I'll have free time, then," she agreed, enjoying the look of joy on his face, in his eyes at the mention of the new realm. It warmed her to see him so much brighter, less the brooding gray sky than before.

The offer of the knife did surprise her, and Maea looked a bit puzzled as she accepted the simple knife. Small, indeed, and it weighed next to nothing in her hand; turning it over, she examined it and then looked up at Sunjata, questions in her warm gaze.

"Thank you. But... are you sure? That's the second weapon you've handed me." And she had nothing to give him in return.
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She laughs at his admission, and he flashes her a brief grin to that, at least until she goes on to explain the healers couldn’t get through to her mother. And he sombers a small amount though the smile still hunts at the corner of his lips. “We had lots of flooding in Korofi. Lots of sun and then monsoons that would drown the city out.” He shrugs — that was the extent. “Monsoon season was the equivalent of Leafchange, which is when I was born.” He flashes her a soft smile to that. “Though there were no floods or blizzards when I was.” He snorts to that.

Not like it mattered, anyway. Staff had been on call in the home he’d been born in, doctors pulled in to weather out the possibilities and keep their eyes on their Arbiter’s wife and her first child.

She accepts his offer to come and visit, and he offers her a slight nod of his head before handing her the dagger. She inspects it and he smiles lightly to her with a small shrug. “Can't ever be too prepared? Just in case.” He lets his stormy gaze scan along her face, her own warm and pale gaze. “Besides, you’ve earned it.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
MAEA
"Perhaps a good thing. No one to know how big an impact you would end up making in the end, with no signs to foretell of it." How very fitting, she thought as she smiled playfully at him. That they reflected their seasons of birth so well. A time of frost and a time of flood, and here they stood now. Maea wondered who would have the larger effect on the other... would she make his raging water freeze in place? Or would he melt her ice, and sweep her along with him? Considering his dislike of the cold, she rather preferred it to be the later option, and damn the consequences to herself.

"Alright then... Thank you. I'll keep it with me." Turning the knife over in her hands, she eventually shrugged and leaned down to tuck it away within the shaft of her boot, where he kept his. The blade was cold against her skin, and she tested moving her foot with rather more care than perhaps necessary, to see if it would end up cutting her. But when it did not, she stood and nodded, pleased.

Reaching up on her toes again, she gave the Flood a quick kiss on the cheek, as thanks. Then she bounded back out of reach before he could grab her, grinned at him with mischief in her eyes.

"See you later then, fishboy," she said, waving at him over her shoulder as she headed for the exit.

------

- FIN
Light is easy to love
Show me your darkness
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3