[SE] On the nature of impossibility and group delusions
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 4 - Int:
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
but no one seems to care about honesty
so i spend too much time in my head
You don't understand Loren and given his penchant for strange emotions, you find yourself less and less willing to try. That he is going to go makes you slouch with relief, having apparently held tension in your neck and shoulders in virtue of simply being in his emotional presence.

"I don't recall a time I've been described as fun to talk to." You tell Oliver, your voice that perfect mixture of academic disinterest and bland neutrality. As Loren leaves and Oliver directs your attention back to the Greatwood, you tilt your head to the side. "Sure. What do you want to know about it?"
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
It wasn't hard to notice that there was some tension between Oia and Loren. While Oliver did want to ask Loren if he was alright, he decided to stay quiet so not to cause anymore drama. The two could deal with it themselves and he saw no reason to throw himself into the situation. Instead, he chose to focus on Oia.

There was a slight tilt to his head and he tried to read her as best as he could...which failed completely. "Well, there's a first time to everything, right?" It was as though she thought he was lying, which he wasn't. "Why do you think you aren't fun? I mean, I think everyone is fun in their own ways. Like...you know a lot about nature and I think that's super cool...you also like to learn, which is also fun." He tried to look at the brightside of everything, since staying positive as really the only thing one could do in such a horrific world.

Luckily, Oia proved to be an open book and she was ready to answer at least a couple of his questions. "Tell me... tell me about the creatures and plants there. I want to hear stories and things that I can find there."
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Change author:
"That there is a first time for everything is an a priori truth." You remark blandly. That is, it's obvious and thus not entirely interesting to you.

Staring at Oliver you're reminded vaguely of Kai; his happy-go-lucky spirit is not dissimilar to the man before you. Only Kai is more genuine. You aren't sure why this relative stranger is trying to convince you that you're fun. There's nothing wrong with not being fun. It's just how you are.

Nodding at Oliver's question, you do indeed tell him. You tell him of the Tulmhainar and how it dines on pleasant memories. You tell him of the fae and their history as a proud warrior race that likes to keep to themselves. Of the undine and how you and Kai tried to find it and how she used the red lichen as a way of protecting herself. In short, you tell him everything that's in the guidebook.
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Oliver has absolutely no idea what a prioiri truth is, but it's fine. He doesn't want to interrupt her or really ask since he's noticed Oia's selective...responses. Sometimes, when she actually cares about something, he will get a proper response. Other times, if she shows little interest or clearly doesn't give a fuck, she wont even bother to give him anything. This is most likely one of the latter cases, leaving him to leave it there.

Luckily, the idea of the Greatwood is something she must have interest in, as she soon divulges in his fantasies, allowing him to learn even more about what those forests hold. It's truly incredible to hear about the wide variety of offerings. Some bring him worry or fear, while others light a new fire, causing a need for adventure. Maybe soon, he can travel there and see what the forests hold. See these creatures with his own eyes.

Once she has finished, he nods to her and offers a smile. "Thank you, Oia. Really....thank you." She didn't have to do so much for him and yet, she did. Maybe he had misjudged her before. He'd make sure to bookmark away this interaction later. Someone who has such expertise in other lands surely will come in handy.

With wide eyes, Oliver looks up at the sun. "Shit... you were talking about the sun myth." Glancing around, Oliver let out a groan and realized he didn't have the damn basket on him. The one he wasted time making with the annoyance of Amun leering over his shoulder. Fantastic. It was really going to waste, huh? Man....really wish I had a cup.

And then pop! A cup magically appeared in his hands. Offering Oia a small, awkward smile, he reached up and tried to catch the sun with the cup, placing a hand over it to try and trap the sun within the cup. "Did I do that right?" He said with a small laugh.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING
Observer

Change author:
'Humour?" You ask doubtfully, an eyebrow raised slightly. You think it must be humour since no, he obviously didn't capture the sun. "If you did catch it, you would be instantly vaporized given how hot. That, or crushed by the gravitational field."

So really, he must have been kidding. That, or he's a complete idiot. Given how he'll act in the upcoming PQ+, you might lean towards the latter.

'Okay well. My task has been completed. I'm going to leave now." And so you do. You're not great at goodbyes, so you turn over your shoulder and say, "Departure commentary." Before disappearing down the spiralling steps.

~FIN