[SE] On the nature of impossibility and group delusions
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 4 - Int:
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
but no one seems to care about honesty
so i spend too much time in my head
You stand at the top of the Spire, broken and open to the world as it is. It's noon, so the sun is quite high in the sky. The sun that apparently needs to be caught.

Does everyone know how imposisble that is? How physics-defying and world-breaking that would be?

Since they paint or weave nets to try and do the job, probably not.

And so, because Kai has told you that observation is better served with context, here you are at one of the highest places in the Grounds. Here you are, with Meraki now who is tangled in your hair, pointing your fingers at the sun and shouting freeze, as if there's any hope at all of it working.
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
Love mends even the broken parts
Loren’s wings pumped furiously, basket gripped tightly in his beak. It made the flying a little awkward, but he managed to climb higher and higher. His goal was to try and fly the basket across the path of the sun.

However, the angles and motions were awkward, so he changed tactics. Turning, he headed straight for the top of the Spire. Strangely enough, it seemed someone else had a similar idea, as Oia'i'o was standing there and shouting something at the sky. That didn't stop Loren from shouting.

He landed a little awkwardly. Dropping the basket, he shifted into his human form. "Hi Oia'i'o. Uh...sorry again about my behavior in the Greatwood." His words were more tired than contrite.

Bending down, he picked up the basket. Then he turned and shaded his eyes. "What're you doing up here?"
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Observer

Age: 26 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
MERAKI - Mythical - Spriggan (life-cycle acceleration) 物の哀れ - Mythical - Luxere (Magical fire)
Change author:
You don't mind birds. However as one approaches—a common enough looking goose—that it's holding a basket in its mouth is a dead giveaway that it's an attuned. You bristle, the inevitable social anxiety that you suffer regularly washing over you in waves as a hand clenches at your heart and stomach and twists painfully. In your hair Meraki raises his forearms like some strange praying mantis, ready to defend you. This, you hate.

As Loren appears your tension abates only somewhat. Knowledge always relaxes you and knowing what attuned, or hybrid in this case, is a small piece of knowledge. "You are a hybrid." You announce, and then, "Yeah, I really didn't like that. No one made you come and it's possible that your emotional state ruined the data recorded about you and Astra, which is a shame because she seems very clever." All of this you say abstractly as you glance just over his shoulder, anxiety making eye-contact impossible.

"Oh...I am catching the sun. Isn't it obvious?" A joke.
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Loren nodded. ”I am a hybrid, yes.” Still speaking softly, he smiled sadly. "Astra is very clever, yes. And I'm sorry that I might have ruined your, uh, data. If you'd like to redo it, I'd be happy to participate again." The words were stiffly polite, and the summoner's posture was awkward.

As Oia'i'o mentioned she was also there to capture the sun, the Launceleyn gripped the basket more tightly in both hands. "Ah. I see. Me too." Glancing at her briefly, he went back to staring out across the Hollowed Ground. "I didn't mean to interrupt you. I can leave if you'd prefer." With that, he reached up to swipe the basket across the sun, though the motion was rather unenthusiastic.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Oakley Offline
Change author:
MP: 700
OLIVER
Being a bird was....weird.

Oliver had only just discovered his bird status like...five minutes ago. Okay, so maybe he could feel that it was there for a long time, but he kept pushing it off thinking that he just had a really bad cramp or something. Plus, there were some other nagging thoughts (such as magic related ones) that he also kept ignoring. So it's easy to understand why he didn't really notice the whole "bird thing" until he formally addressed it and, well, become a bird.

Fluttering his wings, Oliver struggled a bit at first to really get himself off the ground, merely hopping around and journeying closer and closer to the Spire without really realizing it. He'd get a few moments of air time before fluttering back to the ground, his wings flailing around miserably. Oliver wasn't exactly trying his hardest to fly, more like he was simply experimenting with this new, weird, even tinier body. Why does he even keep getting such tiny bodies?!

It was only when he nearly ran into the Spire that he knew where he was. Hopping a couple of feet back, Oliver tried to crane his tiny little bird neck to look up at the Spire only to see two...figures? Humans? What? People could...go up onto the Spire?

Preparing his new bird body, he tried to stretch his wings before making the slow journey up to the top of the Spire. It took quite a bit of struggling, but eventually he made his way up to the top, only to see two familiar faces. Unable to stay in one spot, Oliver was forced to land on top of it.

Hope I'm not interrupting anything, He sent the message over to Loren before turning to look at the girl. Only if Loren responded would he turn into a human, otherwise he was just a totally normal bird. Totally normal.
wear that silver lining, wear it close to your skin
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Observer

Change author:
'That's okay. Kai was still successful." You reply awkwardly, not really liking apologies much. It doesn't seem right that you somehow hold the power to alleviate guilt, nor that the strange responsibility exists at all. To confirm this, Meraki clicks softly from his place in your hair. "I don't have a strong preference one way or the other."

Glancing as a bird appears, landing nearby on one of the stones, you glance towards Loren. "Do the animals engage with this myth too? I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Greatwood creatures did."
the Firebrand

Change author:
”Good. I’m glad.” Loren’s tone was a bit awkward, as was the nod he gave Oia’i’o. As the spriggan made noises in the demi-god’s hair, the summoner glanced up at the companion. ”Hello Meraki.” Again, while the Launceleyn’s tone was polite, it was more than a bit stiff.

A bird appeared, looking erratic in its flight. He watched it idly, though his eyes widened as it came closer and spoke with Oliver’s voice. Before Loren could respond, Oia was speaking. ”I don’t know the answer to that.” Then the summoner knelt down and proffered a finger for the other man. ”Hello Oliver. No, you’re not interrupting.” Again, the Launceleyn's words were more than a bit wooden.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Age: 29 | Height: 5'6 | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
OLIVER
Part of Oliver was tempted to change into a human in order to speak with Oia. Looks like he was actually convincing as a bird! Wow. He really was a great actor, huh? Unfortunately, even if he changed into a human, he couldn't answer his question. As far as he were aware, the Fae were the ones who originated the myth and he didn't think that there were sentient animals where they came from.

Turning to look towards Loren, Oliver flew over to the finger held out for him and not-so-gracefully landed on it, flapping his wings a bit to steady himself. It took a bit for him to feel safe before the wings were safely tucked against his body. Are you guys talking about the sun myth? He sent towards Loren before turning his head to look at Oia where he would offer her a quick chirp. What kinda creatures are in the Greatwood?
wear that silver lining, wear it close to your skin
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Observer

Change author:
Loren was weird, which, coming from you was saying a lot. 'Dislike." You mumble unhappily, verbalizing the strange swirl of unhappiness you felt.

"Are you compelling the bird, have formed a bond with it, or is it an attuned?" You ask of Oliver. Given that Loren called it by a rather human-animal-like name, you think it's the latter two and "Oliver" seems like the sort of boring name that Loren would come up with.
the Firebrand

Change author:
Sighing, Loren pinched the bridge of his nose. ”What do you dislike?” The question came out as stiffly as everything else about him. Lowering his hand, he stared steadily at the daughter of Rae.

However, at Oliver's questions, the Launceleyn gave the other man a slightly bemused glance. ”I’m not a carrier pigeon. If you want to talk to Oia’i’o, you can do it yourself.”  The summoner's tone was still a bit awkward, but it was polite enough. He set the bird onto the ground and then stepped back to give Oliver room to shift. While they waited, Loren turned to the demi-god. "Oliver is an Attuned.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
The response from Oia made him chirp, which was him laughing. She was far more talkative than when they first met, but very reminiscent of the Spin the Bottle game. Oliver was glad to see that she was doing well and it was always nice to meet someone equally, or even more, curious as him. Maybe she would be joining the Loreseekers someday.

Hopping off of Loren's finger, Oliver fluttered to the ground as he furiously flapped his wings. With enough space granted to him, he shifted back into a human. Offering a nod to Loren and a smile to Oia, he greeted her with a friendly wave. "Hey Oia. Nice to speak with you again." And to see that she was unharmed after Fiat Lux.

Settling down in front of Oia, Oliver glanced over at Loren. "I heard something about the sun myth?" He also wanted to know more about those creatures, but that could wait a bit. He didn't want to overwhelm Oia with tons of questions.
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING
Observer

Change author:
"Currently, you. You're being weird and I find it uncomfortable." Loren seemed to be one big ball of annoyance and gloom and frustration, likely caused by some sort of emotional response to something. "If you don't want to be around others, you shouldn't. No one is making you." No one made him come to your experiment, nor to fly up here.

"Ah." You say in agreement, stepping back as well to watch Oliver shift. "Why is it nice to speak to me again?" You wonder, given that your previous interactions haven't been overly positive. That isn't unusual for you of course, but maybe he's just being polite? You aren't sure.
the Firebrand

Change author:
As Oia’i’o explained that she found his behavior troublesome, he sighed, and ran a hand through his hair. "Sorry. You're right. I'll stop bothering you as soon as I'm done up here." With that, he held up one hand until it was underneath the sun, though obviously he couldn't look directly at it. Then he created a ball of ice in the path. It glittered with the sun's rays, and he lowered it and placed it into the basket.

Giving Oliver an apologetic smile, the summoner held the basket awkwardly in both hands. "Enjoy your conversation. I'll see you at the Manor, Oliver." With that, the Launceleyn turned to start making the long descent by stairs.
loren

Coding base by Sky!
Blacksmith

Change author:
OLIVER
Well, Oia didn't seem too happy to see him. Damn. Sure, they didn't get along too well over the mud, but that didn't stop Oliver from wanting to talk to Oia. "I mean...you seem like a pretty fun person to talk to..." Oliver tried to keep a carefree expression on his face. "Plus... I kinda wanna find out more about the Greatwood....and I mean, maybe you could teach me?" Ah there it was, he wanted to hear what Oia had to say.

And then things got bad. He wasn't sure what had happened between Oia and Loren....but things were going pretty badly. "Uhh..." He would've told Loren to say, but it wasn't his place to do that. If Oia was uncomfortable, then she could talk with Loren about it. As well, if Loren was uncomfortable, then he was old enough to know when to leave. "So...about that Greatwood?"
I JUST WANT MY EXISTENCE
TO BE MORE THAN TREMBLING