but this hunger, it isn't you
for Eirachi?
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
after all is said and done
you're just a carnivore
let you in and drink my blood
you're nothing but a monster

She’s heard rumors - of something other. Lesser. But still powerful enough to warrant having devotees, apparently. With this and a healthy does of foolish curiosity, the Wraith begins heading towards the Sea of Glass as soon as the sun goes down, which is late at this point in the year. She won’t have a lot of time before the sun comes up again, as apparently those in the northernmost parts of continent have much different sun-schedules than… wherever the Grounds is.

The vast expanse of white, crystalline stuff lies ahead of her when she finds the shrine on the shore. For a moment she is tempted to forego her initial quest for an exploration of the great white beyond - but there’s a tiny niggling in her brain that says she needs to get this done first. She needs to see what happens, see who the Eirachi is, what it can or cannot offer her. And totally not just for levelling purposes.

Settling herself on the dark edge of the sea, Wessex looks at the shrine and then out into the starlit night. Knowing that one simply does not summon higher beings, and this one isn’t tuned to her like the Voice is, she lifts her voice into the wind (there is always wind on a tundra, is there not?) and makes a simple request. “If Eirachi is listening, I am an explorer from the South and have heard of your power. If you would deign to show yourself and answer some questions, I would be grateful.” That little niggling voice also says that if the minor deity shows, they will want more than Wessex’s gratitude. So she had better be prepared to get what she wants.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:

random event

Laughter tinkles across the Sea of Glass, like a glass shattering, like a bell chime. The wind whispers about Wessex, picking up and playing with the Wraith, nipping at fingers that do not feel the cold and ruffling up her hair. There is a sound - a snapping of fingers, a cracking of ice - and the snow crunches behind the Ascended.

"My, my, my. What are you, sweet one?"

The voice seems dual - lows and highs mingling together - and the creature that looms behind Wessex is female-shaped (and then some) and scantily clad in ice and silver. The Eirachi regards her with eyes like gold and sapphire; it is a gaze that burns and freezes, seemingly at the same time. Full lips part in a grin filled with sharp teeth.

"You have questions. What price are the answers?"
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
you're just a carnivore

Laughter at a shrine is rarely good, the explorer thinks, because she is not funny. Her jokes would not summon a God, they would more than likely keep them away instead. So this is unexpected, and the demi-god turns in seated half-circles to try and find the source, egged on by the toyings of a presence that is clearly made of winter and is already invisibly there.

The cracking of ice snaps her head forward, towards the Sea, but the next sound comes from behind her, and Wessex whirls back around again. Looming above her is the most womanly-woman she’s seen in a long time. Edy was boyish and long, Hotaru slim and pocket-sized, but this one is full and female and looks at her with eyes that offer two different ends. So. Nowhere near a genie, she thinks. And nothing like her Goddess, either.

What is she? Huh. “A Wraith,” she begins. “Accepted turned Ascended turned Demi-God.” After a moment’s pause, Wessex can’t help but ask. “What are you? Is Eirachi a name or a title? But she’s spoken too soon and ah, yes, there is a price for answers. She can’t offer devotion, because that is reserved for her Lady. Favors? Perhaps. But who knows what that will entail, and she hadn’t been able to fulfill the promises of the last favors she’d owed to a being with more power.

“Name your price. If it’s something I can deliver or agree to, it’s yours.”

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

random event

"Accepted turned Ascended turned Demi-God," the Eirachi echoed, her rich double-voice both amused and, perhaps, slightly mocking. Still, it was evident that whatever Wessex was, she had most certainly attracted the creature's curiosity, and the Wraith would find the cold winds enveloping her, whilst the Eirachi meanwhile seemed to blur in and out of focus, as if she were the very snow itself.

She smiled more widely, baring more sharp teeth at the mention of her price; truly, it was the best part about answering these lonely calls in the Tundra. "A shrine, young demi-god," she near whispered. "I would have you make me a shrine in the place where you come from. Somewhere that I might visit when the Tundra becomes tiresome."
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
you're just a carnivore

There’s no shame in the truth; her existence speaks to the power of her Lady. Can The Eirachi say she can do the same? So Wessex nods in confirmation, ignoring the deity’s potential mocking. Let her it? do so if she wishes. Offering a sly, fanged half-grin back (look, she’s got sharp teefies too!), she acquiesces, thinking that anything that furthers their information and position in Halo would be amenable to the Voice, even if it’s building a shrine for another deity.

So long as Her work is done first. “That should be doable. Answer a few questions now and a few after and you’ve got yourself a deal.”

Change author:

random event

"Oh I do like a deal," the Eirachi purrs, raising blue tinged fingers with sharp, black nails and clicking them. The sound rings across the Sea of Glass, and somewhere one might believe a crack has appeared in it, some mark of the deity's contract with Wessex.

"Your questions for now, then," she says, nodding in a mockery of politeness. "I am the wind and the snow. I am the biting frost and the white sleep of a blizzard. I am Eirachi, the Deepfrost goddess."
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
you're just a carnivore

So they have a covenant. Lovely.

Goddess only knows what she’s gotten herself into, but the Wraith likes to think of it as a challenge. Something else to overcome, another deity to have a semi-functional relationship with, if all goes well.

“It’s a shame we didn’t know about you, you might have had more followers in the Ascended,” she replies with a faint smile. Eirachi’s domain is uniquely suited for her brethren, perhaps more so than any other season is, when it comes to them being superior to their human coutnerparts. “Are their other seasonal Gods? And are you independent of the Old ones?” If there are, would that put Longheat’s deity in Torchline, which from a purely surface analysis of its name, seems like it might align itself with fire and heat?

“Do you know where I can find mageglass?”

Change author:

random event

"Perchance that may still be the case. Though the Ascended are not well received by the rest of the world. I feel you may know that already." Eirachi's smile does not leave her face, and though she does not move Wessex may still feel as though the goddess is circling her, prowling, appraising her one predator to another.

"There are more of us, that is true. We are all extensions of Rae's might and curiosity. As far as alignment is concerned, that ought to answer your question." She bowed her head.

And as for mageglass...

"Yes, I do." Amusement laces her tone. Ask a closed question - get a closed answer.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
you're just a carnivore

Touche, Eirachi, touche.

A brief smile flickers across her face as she stays where she is, letting the feeling of the prowling goddess envelope her. It’s been a long time since someone has dared to do that kind of thing to her. It’s an interesting change of pace. “The eastern mountain pass to Caido’s home? Does that actually exist? And if so, is it passable by mortals?” She may have gotten her information from a children’s tale, but there is truth in rhymes and fairytales.

“What do you need for a shrine?” She finishes with, knowing better to press her luck before proving her worth.

Change author:

random event

It is subtle, but as their conversation continues Wessex might notice how the temperature has dropped, how the Sea of Glass is beginning to become obscured by fast falling snow and sharp winds. ”It exists,” the Eirachi confirms, her icy form apparently untouched by the bitter breeze. ”Passable though? Maybe, for some who are incredibly lucky. For almost all who set foot in that place, however, only death awaits. Swift and instant. No chance even to scream.”

A pleasant place, by all accounts. And for the shrine?

”A cold place, the bones of one who died upon the Tundra, and stones from The Fangs. That would be a good start.”
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
you're just a carnivore

Welllll there go those dreams for now. Though her mind wonders what what could possible cause instant death, she refrains for asking quite yet. Shunting her disappointment aside, the Wraith nods at the instructions. But before she goes, she fixes the Eirachi with a serious expression. “Will bringing you into the Grounds disrupt the seasons there? They’ve got enough troubles. If bringing you there will fuck with the harvest or planting, or extend LongNight, I’ll come back and tear the shrine down.” Or ask the Voice to give her enough power to set things right.

Wessex is happy to give the Eirachi another place to go, but she’ll be damned if she ushers in a never-ending winter to te Grounds for failing to ask about the deity’s intentions.

Change author:

random event

The Eirachi blinks at Wessex, tilting her head and seeming to fade in and out of the winter winds as the blizzard begins its journey across the Sea of Glass. "Does praising Flowerbirth cause it to last any longer? Does giving an offering at Leafchange make the harvest any larger? Your superstitions are your own, sweet one. You agreed to a deal, and I have held up my side of the bargain." All in all, I guess you'll have to find out, won't you.

"We will speak soon, I venture." Another bell-chime laugh tinkles across the ice, but hard as Wessex looks, the Deepfrost goddess has disappeared away and into the Tundra.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
you're just a carnivore

Yeah, yeah, the crypticness of unknown deities and admin powers greater than herself is the eternal annoyance of Wessex’s existence. Refraining from saying anything snarky, her lips flatten into a straight line as she listens and the Eirachi begins to fade, leaving the Wraith alone on the Sea of Glass again. And she would, because in these matter she is almost depressingly reliable (except for Arduinna, whoops, we don’t talk about that one) and the hunger for knowing where and how to successfully harvest the mageglass is strong.

Wessex rises from the ground and looks back to the Tundra, ready to go find something that died on the Tundra. How hard could that part be?

{Fin!}