[SE] Life's a Beach
for Sunjata
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Sunjata wasn't as terse as Deimos, but he could be a man of few words when he chose to be. Jigano snorted a blast of cool air through his nose that rippled the water in its path, amused at how the half-fish man did his best to avoid the subject of his illness and diagnosis at the hands - fangs? - of an Ascended. Well, if you get in over your head, Flood, send someone to get me. I can Heal as well as Loren, and I'd hate to see you drown on dry land before you've found the sea again.

The fossil had been a good choice, Jigano decided with pleasure as he saw Sunjata's smile. He didn't quite preen, but there was a decidedly proud arch to his neck as he went back to his idle picking over of small stones with too-large talons. An awkward body for the task at hand? Absolutely. But with Sunjata's presence to help his cool scales were decidedly more comfortable than damp skin and wet hair.

Maea was a subject that caused no little affection to warm his tone in the link between them, a fondness clear in his emotions for the young woman. She was a hunter, when her family still lived, he mused thoughtfully. I think more in the way of traps, but she probably has at at least a basis for such training. It would be a good fit, I think. He was happy to find himself in agreement with the bartender's choice. We need more people with skill in ranged weaponry anyways. That monster at LongNight... He trailed off with a rattling shake of his wings, disturbed and unhappy at the reminder of his and Kiada's failure in the dark.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SuNJATA
Thank you. He starts, shooting a glance toward the dragon with a small nod of understanding. He hopes the ocean arrives soon, regardless of what state he’s in. It would be a balm to his soul as he feels it fracturing further and further within him. But he has other things to focus on, other things in the form of the rock that Jigano brings over and the smile sent the bards way.

Sunjata lounges in the water a bit more, shifting to make it easier to cage more and more of the rocks, stringing them together as he listens to Jigano speak of Maea, something awkward and heavy sinking in his gut. But all he can do is nod, agreeing with the use of ranged weaponry, at the very least. She would be good at it. He thinks, stringing a few more rocks together, swallowing a small amount harder than before, before he takes a quiet rasping breath. I would like nothing more than to not experience another LongNight. Too much blood. Another frown crosses his face to that.

But he hoists a quarter of the windchime, using his tail to help push him off of the space he had occupied. I’m no artist but what do you think? He asks with a toothy crooked smile.
take me by the hand but please don't want to know me
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
The dragon bowed his head in acknowledgement, curling horns sparking sunlight - and then twitched, sending ripples through the water around him as another goldfish slid over his back. A rumbling noise that might have been a chuckle rose on his throat, and he was distracted from further pursuit of the Flood's current health issues. He didn't know Sunjata well enough to know if the man would ask for help...

But the way he'd gone through the wedding on poor stubbornness made it seem unlikely. Still, there was nothing Jigano could do unless something changed, so he settled back to rock hunting while Sunjata used his clever human fingers to string together pretty stones. They might not chime, per se, but they would catch the light and click and clack in the wind, an alert for any breeze blowing across the Longheat-scorched fields.

I have a crossbow that Deimos made me... perhaps I could gift it to her? he mused thoughtfully. Or were you thinking more along the lines of a shortbow or horsebow for her? Either way, the General was the one to ask for munitions for any occasion. The rasping breath brought his musing to a halt, however, and Jigano dipped his head to nose gently at the black-and-white tail of his companion. You could find a nice warm rock to lounge on while you work, he suggested dryly, but with genuine concern underlying the teasing. And perhaps you could spend LongNight in Halo or the Greatwood next year? I heard that the monsters didn't make it outside the Hollowed Grounds. Whether they were tethered to the Spire or simply drawn to the Ascended that had been corralled within the Sanctuary last year the bard didn't know. If the monsters were able to traverse the portals and follow the Ascended to other regions next LongNight...

They would cross that bridge when they came to it.

The displayed portion of the chime had the dragon perking up, tail lashing beneath the water and leaving a swishing trail of froth and bubbles in its wake. That's perfect! he admired enthusiastically, leaning close to see the clever thread cages Sunjata had made for the stones. Have you made these before?
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SuNJATA
It was unlikely, though Sunjata would never truly admit it. He’d made arrangements, had figured it out – but likely would only ever let it happen if he was so far gone that they did it anyway. That was all he thought was worth in it, in the end. But he’s thankful as Jigano lets the topic drop, and the goldfish that had fluttered over Jigano’s scales find their way toward him as he remains mostly still in the water, drifting and inspecting the dark black tail splotched with white. It’s enough of a surprising sensation to cause a shiver to run down his spine.

The topic of Maea doesn’t relieve him of the shiver that traced down his spine, nor does it relieve him of any of the goosebumps that crossed his skin where the breeze touches damp skin. But he focuses on the trinket, working on the chime of sorts as Jigano muses about bows. Likely a short bow. He offers thoughtfully. I think it’d better suit her size. But he nods nonetheless, the idea of a gift like that would be great for Maea, if his experience with his own bow gifted to him was any consideration.

The mention of a warm rock to lounge on does draw a chuckle from his throat, however, and he shrugs lightly to that. Where’s the fun in that? I’ve sunbathed enough already. He teases Jigano, giving him an amused look before it falters with the topic of LongNight. I think I would worry too much about those that stayed here to stay completely away, unfortunately. An honest answer. He’d come to care about a lot of people here, and if something were to happen to them if they didn’t leave too… Well, he prefers not to think on it.

So instead, he drifts over with the partially completed gift, letting the dragon’s head near the rocks that were aligned in a sort of color scheme that he thought seemed like it made sense. At the question of whether he’d made them before, Sunjata chuckles lightly. First time. A thoughtful response, looking it over with brows that scrunch together slightly. I just figured a cage of sorts would better hold the stones so they don’t fall out with the wind. It made sense, he thought, and to see that Jigano appreciated it, well it was all the confirmation he needed.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Mmm. You may have a point. Faster to shoot than the crossbow, too, unless she masters it, and the draw weight on a bow string will be less than trying to reset the crossbow. The wicked little bow was a good match for him with all the lean muscle he'd packed on from working on the farm. Maea was far healthier than she'd been when they'd met, but she was still a slender young woman, practically dainty compared to himself and Sunjata.

Maea being healthier than Sunjata was, in fact, a bit topsy-turvy of the world, Jigano couldn't help but think. He managed to give the merman a skeptical look even with a dragon's less-mobile face. A nap in the sun sounds plenty fun! Cook that lung water right out of you, he responded, amused. There was a bit of nostalgia there though, too, especially when LongNight was brought up. How would Isla have treated Sunjata's sickness? Surely she would have had suggestions for hastening his recovery - and enough force of will to make him listen to her.

Depends on how many we can convince to shelter elsewhere for the week, the dragon mused thoughtfully, wondering if a deal could be struck with Delah and Neron for the week to allow for a temporary influx of refugees.

Sunjata had a good eye for color and flow, and Jigano couldn't help but send a gentle puff of chilly breath at the partially-completed windchime to hear the stones rattle and click pleasingly together, sending flashes of reflected sun in all directions. Are you sure you shouldn't join the Artisan's Guild? The dragon was only partially-teasing, enamored with Sunjata's clever solution. They could use this kind of ingenuity! ...Now that Remi was gone, he didn't quite think, though a flicker of sadness through the bond might have revealed his train of thought.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
Exactly. He agrees with a semblance of amusement lingering on his end of the bond. Sunjata’s bow was heavier, heftier, packed an absolute punch when he used it with the power behind it. Maea needed to at least start off with something far more manageable before the muscles were built, the practice given into seeing how to aim and strike true, before being able to move onto bigger and better bows, more specific ones.

Speaking of sunbathing, however, he does chuckle a quiet rasp to that before he shrugs. Mmm, if only it were that easy. I’d be healed by now with how much I love the sun. He sends to Jigano with plenty of humor coating it, taking a hand to gesture to himself – aside from the tattoos stark against his skin, it was a vibrant golden hue, tanned deeply in comparison to how he had been over LongNight and the beginnings of Fiat Lux. Indeed, the freckles spanning his face had grown more pronounced. A man born in a world of sunshine and heat, at least until the monsoons and floods rolled in.

In response to LongNight, however, Sunjata’s head tilts thoughtfully with the suggestion. Might be worth a shot to evacuate. Though it seemed like quite a lot of work, and he wasn’t so sure that people would be willing, least of all the Naturals that had dealt with it for so long, who might not want to leave anyone behind in the end anyway.

But Jigano approves of the project so far, and Sunjata settles back in the little cove he’s made for himself, stringing more and more together. The mention of the Artisan’s Guild has him snorting before he shakes his head. I think Deimos might get sick of seeing my face, especially after the wedding. A small shrug granted to that – the closeness of Hotaru and Deimos, how he hadn’t gone to see the Valkyrie since then… And well, things didn’t sound like they’d be quite so opportune. The pulse of sadness from Jigano, the slight flicker, is received with one of his own unintentionally with the thought as well.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
Sunjata was indeed a sun-worshiper, to look at him. Jigano's skin had deepened to a darker gold as well, though his wasn't as obvious in the current form. It was a distinct, almost jarring difference from the preparations for the Midnight Party he'd done with Caiside last year, and for a minute the dragon went silent, bowing his head in silent mourning for his lost friend. Lost to LongNight, as so many often were...

But maybe no longer had to be?

We can't remove everyone, he unconsciously agreed with Sunjata's concern. Logistically it wouldn't be possible, even if everyone was willing to go. But, for instance, those who stayed in the Temple last year... People like that we might be able to convince to spend a week in Snowcloak or the Greatwood, if our neighbors would be willing to trade something in exchange for hosting. Even if it only saved a handful of lives that would make it worthwhile. Fewer friends lost. Fewer families lost. Fewer survivors left adrift and mourning in the dark.

The dragon was mostly just raking his claws idly through the stones in the water now, the pile by the merman enough for the rest of the chime. He snorted a cold puff of air at the mention of Deimos, a little guilty and a little amused. Deimos wasn't at the wedding, though. Why would he be unhappy with you? The bard wasn't even thinking about Hotaru's power move of a kiss, in truth, all that was coming to mind was Phoebe's unhappiness with the ceremony, but Deimos had never seemed particularly close or protective of the diminutive midwife.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SuNJATA
Mmm perhaps worth looking into. He muses with the dragon, head tilting while he works with some part consideration. A refuge, of sorts, to keep it away. Unless they came with, somehow, and then what? Had any of the Grounders spent LongNight in a different section of the world to test it? He frowns as the thought hits his mind and he refrains from sending any of the worries of that, wondering if it would be too ridiculous to even consider in the first place.

But Caido consistently surprises him, and he bites at the inside of his cheek as the chime begins to become completed, adding the last few finishing touches when Jigano’s question reaches him. Hotaru and I spent a lot of time together… Before. There is a pulse of sadness that he can’t stifle before it gets sent to Jigano, and he inhales a slightly raspy breath, holding it up to Jigano for inspection. I think I’m done. A smirk to try and cover up the rest as he shows it off.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Portal Guardian
Change author:
We learned that they want Ascended upgrades, the dragon said, thoughtful as he chased the idea down like a fox on the scent of a tasty mouse. They might follow the Ascended to get them, but they'd have no reason to chase any others through the portals... at least, from what we currently know. Always subject to change as new books were found or the gods dropped fresh breadcrumbs for them to scramble after.

That vague sense of a brow raising might make it through the bond at the mention of time 'before' and 'time spent together.' It hadn't looked like 'just' a friendly kiss from where he'd been sitting, now that he thought back to it, but who was he to say? It seemed another uncomfortable topic they shouldn't linger on, so he happily turned his attention to the windchime - or was it a sunchime? It's perfect! He enthused, gratitude washing through the bond as he dipped his head to nose at it and send the captured stones to clicking and clacking. Thank you so much, Sunjata! I hope the stones you've found today will help you finish your gift as well. The dragon beamed down at the merman, pleased beyond measure at how well the day had turned out - and now they would be ready for the Midnight Party with stylish gifts!

{Finished for Jigano}