Training Idle hands are the devil's friend
for Sunjata
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
You're so cold
but you feel alive
Feeling a bit odd that people were talking about her when she was not present, Maea nodded. Perhaps it was the heat of the day or that she had stood in the sun for too long, but her cheeks looked rather red when he brought up the river, and she looked away. A bit too quickly. Just don't think about it.

"What kind of tricks would he be referring to?" she asked, once she could keep her face straight again. "And I don't think many things surprise Jigano. So far I've only managed it twice... he did not enjoy it either time." Her smile turned rueful as she recalled the utter stillness of her white-haired brother-of-heart when her secrets came to light. He'd recovered quickly enough, but it still unsettled her whenever something happened that he did not have an answer for. Always the steady rock in her river.

Putting her glass down to refill it, she looked up again at the name he gave the guild. "Fitting," she smirked... but then turned quite serious. I will not tell anyone anything you choose to entrust with me. Not even Jigano, unless you say I can. I swear it, on the Old Gods."
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
and if you want, i could tell you the truth
that this life takes a toll on you. i spend nights
He does notice the slight tinge to her cheeks, but he says nothing of it. Instead, he focuses on the conversational topic, watching her give him a straight face. All he does is give her yet another rogue grin. “Well, Jigano had mentioned ‘the dirtier tricks of the advocates’, but essentially it’d fall under attaining information.” He offers, drifting off again as he glances toward the warmth outside, the drying sheen to his shoulders that peek from beneath his shirt. “And making sure you’re safe while you do it.” He raises those broad shoulders in a small shrug before offering her a gentler smile.

At the mention of Jigano not being surprised often, Sunjata can’t help the quiet chuckle that rasps from him as he nods. “I’m sure he didn’t.” He offers, imagining how it might rub the wrong way. But he considered Jigano a friend at the very least, had first met him when they both were blighted and recovering and Sunjata had been contemplating a step off the bone bridge – before attuning, before having the wings that could raise him from the depths. Had met him again when Lusea had gone missing, and the bard had helped him move the memory mud away from the VlamVloed before it opened, had given him the term inscribed in Korofi over the bar as a reminiscing song of the Flame and the Flood.

His gaze returns to her when she goes to fill her glass, offering the name of the Advocates with a light smile in agreement. Though the smile falters ever so slightly at the seriousness of where she takes it. He hadn’t expected that, but he nods regardless, bobbing that horned head of his with a soft smile. “Let me know when you want to train again, then.” He says lightly, with a soft smile that crosses his face at the end. “And take the rest of the day off to recoup.” A knowing look to the soreness she likely feels, the same that’s reflected in the way he moves his left arm. “Take the bow as well, I don’t need it.” A small shrug to that, filling his glass as well and taking a deep sip of it.

Then, lingering just enough to ensure that she’s settled with it all, he picks up his bow and quiver set and makes to head out toward the bar – toward a shower first and foremost.

- FIN for Sunjata!
stitching up the loose threads of my soul
so in the morning i'm bullet proof
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
You're so cold
but you feel alive
Information gathering. It did indeed sound like something Jigano might want her to learn, and perhaps Sunjata might very well be able to teach her other ways of fighting besides the bow and the daggers he'd already promised her. But the way her guildmaster had phrased it - and considering what had happened just before he spoke to Sunjata - she wondered if the Flood had been quite so secretive as he thought. If perhaps Jigano already suspected...

But perhaps not.

Realizing with some disappointment that the lesson was drawing to a close, Maea accepted the bow and quiver with some protest. It was kind of him, it really was, and she probably ought to refuse... but did not. Assuring him that she was fine, that she would rest - she would not - Maea watched Sunjata leave. The look sent after his back as it disappeared out of the training yard was long, and very sad. For all that they were still friends, some part of herself had really hoped this would turn into something else. Something more.

The soft smiles he'd given her lingered in her thoughts as she went back to the training dummy, along with the things he had not said, though the words he'd used seemed to imply them. Stay safe. See you later.

It was a small comfort, but a comfort none the less.

----

{Fin for Maea!}
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦