two bulbs shy and no light upstairs
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
HARPER
Harper laughs giddily at her excitement, happy to finally have someone to share this with. Someone who actually knows what it is instead of assuming it's some sort of magically controlled lightning. "Well they're going to stop working soon without a recharge source unfortunately," he admits. "But I've been thinking about seeing if someone with magical control over lightning could create something like electricity!" Not that he knows anyone in particular with that talent, but at least he's aware it exists.

He stares back at her, exuding the same kind of tentative hope as she starts listing out words he hasn't heard at all since his arrival. This time it's his turn to shout. "Yes! Yes I know what those are! Did you come from a technologically modern world too then?" Hope glimmers in his eyes like a rabid dog, pressing on his lungs until it's almost hard to breathe with his desperate excitement. It makes it almost impossible to reign himself in when she collects herself and refocuses on their traveling task, wanting so badly to know more about the world she came from.

"Yeah these are my most mobile defensive weapons, don't get in the way as much as my other stuff. What do you normally use?" Harper himself had become quite proficient in swordfighting, though the chance for lethal blows kept him from using it while patrolling his old city. His other favorite weapons had been a collapsible bo staff and an electric whip, but he was also a dramatic bitch.
Libbs Walzek
Lockpick

Age: 27 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 6 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Firebirb Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
LIBBS
Libbs squeaked. Squeaked. Giggle. Squeaked. Oh she was so excited, and so happy. As he admitted to knowing everything that she was talking about, a sense of nostalgia and delight captured her, and she was not doing a good job keeping that maintain. She twirled back to face the direction of her workshop, tapping both feet against the ground in the midst of her happy Libb noises like an excited corgi.

"I.. uh.. I don't have any weapons. See, in my world, I used to work on cars. Like, in a mechanic's shop. I loved building cars; and I actually was going to head to school to learn engineering." she stated. "So I could build more stuff then just.. cars." she chuckled, pointing her fingers at him.

She paused a bit. "I'll, uh, admit. I don't have any weapons. If we had guns, I'd shoot those. But we don't. I was thinkin' about taking up some training in the barracks, but I kinda gotta walk in there knowing what I want to use." she nodded.

As they drew close to the workshop, Libbs would speed up, diving between people until a room that was locked with a badly made contraption. Fiddling with it, the door would fly open, and away she would slip, with nothing more than a wave of her hand for acknowledgement.
let's run off to costa rica
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
HARPER
Harper's excitement is nearly on par with Libbs, a delighted strangled noise escaping him that sounds like someone stepped on a squeaky dog toy as slowly as possible. "A mechanic! Man I wish we had cars here, I'm used to running around all night and day but it gets so tiring sometimes." Traveling for hours on foot - and not even being able to roof hop - just to visit a lake or forage for food was disheartening to someone who had grown spoiled by such luxuries as cars and planes. "Maybe I can teach you a few things? I'm certainly no expert, but I made most everything I used." Dancing a little around the subject, not wanting to let her know how many people he'd knocked unconscious with the baton he'd shown her.

"I was a good shot with a gun, but it wasn't my preferred weapon. How else would I get these guns?" It's the greatest opportunity for a joke she could have ever given him, and he strikes a dramatic pose as he flexes his biceps in a variety of different ways before falling from the stance with a laugh. He wonders how many of his references she'll get, and can't help but be hysterically excited at the idea of shooting them off at her to test them.

Libbs dips inside the door, and Harper lingers outside awkwardly as he waits, not sure if he's welcome inside. It's easy enough to lock his hands behind his head and stare up into the swathe of endless blue above, content to wait for her to grab whatever gear she needs.
Libbs Walzek
Lockpick

Age: 27 | Height: 5'3" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 6 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Firebirb Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
LIBBS
Libbs twisted her head outside the door. "You could come in if you want."

If he did, he would have been bombarded by Libb's workshop, which was essentially a bunch of bookcases littered with random doo-hickeys and whathaveyous and other unidentifiable objects. Harper probably would be lost in the things that were odd, or perhaps even familiar to him. Primitive concepts of modern items. Like a suspension bench.

Therefore, when she turned and saw him.. flexing. The first thing that came to her mind was probably the dumbest thing.

"So.. do the monkey with me?" she asked, holding both fists out in front of each other, and waving them up and down, bending her knees, before he fell over, and laughter ripped the air in a delicious cacophony.

After a moment, she'd finally find what she was looking for. A leather backpack, rife with things like ropes, and gloves, and little pick tools. Cause some things needed to get knocked into every once in a while, and she was prepared for that!

"Alright, so let's head out!" she grinned.
let's run off to costa rica
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
HARPER
Harper toddles in after her eagerly as soon as he is given the verbal okay, blue eyes immediately scraping across every interesting tidbit and tool that is held within the room. Many which he recognizes, and a few he has used so scarcely or never before that poke at his curiosity. There are all sorts of items that are outside the realm of tools or projects, and he has to bite his lip to refrain from laughing as he compares her to Ariel. Ah, shit, now that song was going to be stuck in his head all day.

As she turns and begins doing her own little flex, Harper snorts horrifically as his laughter bubbles up too fast, leaning over sideways as he laughs. "Why would you call it the monkey?!" His words are strained with giggles, blinking away moisture from his eyes as the image of her doing the gesture repeats forever in his brain.

At least she doesn't leave him to suffer in his giggle fit for long, her packing complete as she swings back around. Harper eagerly hops back out into the sunlight, energized and eager. "Lead the way, captain!"