Lost Beneath A Powdered Sea
Maea
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
you’re gonna live this life with me?
As his name dropped from Maea’s lips, a cackle left Peter, delight in every part of his body as he danced and circled in the snow. He circled around her, so close he was almost touching. Got it in one.

Peter looked around, choosing a darker alleyway, a feat considering they were already in a dark back street, and led her down, waiting until they were out of sight completely to shift back, his voice low, hoarse from his earlier experiment. ”I’m trying to keep it secret.” He said quickly. ”I can take you where you want though.” He nodded, then shifted back, looking up at her expectantly.
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
You're so cold
but you feel alive
She was right? It seemed like it, so she followed the creature into the darker alleys. Peter shifited back into himself and Maea wanted to hug him, so glad to see her friend again after far too long... but he was already back in the shape of the dog-thing, and it just wouldn't be the same anymore.

"I understand," she nodded, smiling widely. "We can go to my room at the tavern? I'm not getting any more shopping done today anyway." She was not in the mood to barter; a quiet chat in the tavern sounded like a far better option.

"Lead the way?"

Maea thought she might remember where she was... but no doubt it would be more efficient to rely on Peter to get where she wanted to go. He seemed to know his way around quite well indeed.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Despite the lack of lips, it’s clear there’s a grin on Peter’s face as he looks up at Maea, glad that finally, there is familiarity between them again. He is still, barely, watching her intently while she ponders. The stillness breaks as soon as she suggests her room at the tavern, Peter hopping to the side, back out of the alley.

Honestly, he was only marginally more familiar with the city than she was, but he had the advantage of scent. Cheap ale and greasy food was all but unmistakeable, even among the rest of the city smells. They had been using back paths, following the very edges of main roads, and that was not something he wanted to change, not quite yet.

It was nice, to be near someone familiar, someone who knew him, even if they couldn’t talk at the moment. Peter had felt slightly adrift in Halo, but having one kind, familiar face had done wonders to ground him. He walked even closer beside Maea now, his shoulder pressed against her leg and he led the way.
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
You're so cold
but you feel alive
In this four-legged form, he was almost tall enough to reach her hip. Pressed against her side as they walked, Maea could reach out a hand to place it on his ragged whithers. Perhaps the guise had some effect on the usually timid man, because she couldn't recall Peter being someone for all that much touching. They'd always had that in common, comfortable with keeping their distance and make the small gestures mean something.

Still, Maea didn't mind this either. It was comfortable to walk with someone by her side. Some of the gloom she'd carried around was beginning to lift, and with it she could see the clear sky, the glittering snow and the beauty of the day with whole new eyes.

"I'm glad you showed up," she told him quietly as they made their way towards the tavern. "For a moment I had started to regret coming here... and it'd be such a shame, because I really like Halo. I feel at home here, like it's the place I was meant to be in."
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Peter Pikely

Change author:
Whenever Maea spoke, Peter turned up to face her, his pace slowing the slightest so he didn't overtake her at all. It was nice that they had managed to reconnect so easily, despite the long absence, the distance, even his current form. His presence had never been a comfort to anyone, and he leaned in against her again, a low crooning coming from his throat. All Peter ever really wanted was to be helpful, and this was one of the best ways he could be.

As they approached the tavern, Peter shifted back into a bat and fluttered up onto Maea's, wanting to be smaller, less conspicuous inside. He could regain his lips and voice when they were behind closed doors, when prying eyes wouldn't notice him.