as long as stars are above
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
You're so cold
but you feel alive
"How long will I love you
As long as stars are above you
And longer if I may"

All in all it had been an awful day. A day of bickering and fighting, of breaking hearts and warring dreams and always the undercurrent of desire. Maea had struggled to continue through her day after the morning spent with Sunjata, but between the burning of spent muscles in her back and shoulders and her own upset (and his too, even though she tried her hardest not to care) it was a hopeless endeavor.

Leaving the Settlement behind she had wandered out onto the Fields as the sun sunk lower on the horizon. Home, she had thought of it as, even if it wasn't strictly true anymore. Looking back at the silhouettes of the ruined city in the twilight glow, she had seen the broken remnants of the Temple, the gaping holes where the arched ceiling used to be. If only there was something she could do about it. Finding the architectural plans for the building in the Aetheneum could not be that hard, and so many were mourning the loss of the shrine within that finding hands to work would not be an issue.

The problem was... that it wouldn't be as simple to restore the sanctity of the Shrine within.

A soft ringing in the air pulled Maea towards the space sanctified for Safrin. It was a beautiful place, fit for the most beautiful of the Gods (sorry Frey, but it's true) and though Maea knew she was likely not very welcome here, she stopped to pray even so.

On the shrine she placed a little necklace she had discovered while cleaning out her mother's old things. A simple pendant of a sickle moon thread on a silver chain, it had been one of the first things she'd discovered when opening the jewelry box. A suggestion that even if they'd never known one another, mother and daughter still shared at least their love of the gods. Of the Lady of light and life.

"Thank you for this night, Lady," the girl said softly as she placed the pendant on a branch next to the tinkling chime. "You feel so far away now, without the Temple shrine to give us respite. I wish there was anything I could do to change that."

----

ooc: extra prayer granted for pq+ purposes
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦