Too Gourd to Pass Up [Seasonal Event] [OPEN!]
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061

It had started when the thing had begun following him. Ronin had been headed from the guildhall to the Sanctuary so he could visit... well, he couldn't even remember who now, such was his distraction. On his way to the Sanctuary he had spotted one of those murderous little pumpkins trying to chatter and bite at his heels - he thought it was the same one that had been clamouring to get into Remi's alchemy shop. Either way, he had sent it packing with a well placed boot, the orange creature bobbing and tumbling away across the ruins... only to return.

And so it had went for a bit. Ronin kicked it, it bounced back. He kicked it further, it came at him again. Quite when this had become a game he didn't know, but suddenly he was all but dribbling the pumpkin with his feet towards the Outskirts, a boyish grin on his face as he booted it in a high arc, hoping to kick the thing to pulp. But it wasn't having any of it, and it was with a breathless laugh that Ronin realised it was coming back once more.

"You don't give up, do you?"

RONIN
JUST WATCH ME
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Age: 32 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ALISTAIR
Alistair had been going about his days, slowly but surely things began to normalize...or as normal as his life could have gone.

During his recent venture at the outskirts he took notice of Ronin pelting...something he couldn't quite figure out until he closed in.

"That desperate for a playmate you need only ask..."

Alistair called out with a grin.

"The hell is that...?"

A rather animated looking creature is what it appeared to be. Alistair set down his bow and arrows and began walking toward Ronin, his hands lifting out to his sides.

"Right then...pass it here then."

He playfully ordered with a chuckle.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

The sound of a familiar rumbling voice had Ronin glancing up, the hunter grinning broadly and shrugging his shoulder. "You say playmate, but technically I am doing a bounty hunter's very important work. And as a fellow guildmate, I think it only appropriate that you join me in taking down this monster."

So saying, Ronin planted his foot atop the gourd to hold it in place while it gnashed at the air. At Alistair's instruction, the ex-captain turned and kicked the creature in his friend's direction. As it tumbled away Ronin darted forward again, ready for Al to pass it back whenever he felt it was appropriate. "What were you doing out here?" he called.

RONIN
JUST WATCH ME
Sarya Daemenor
Thief / Assassin

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Rayo Offline
Change author:

Sarya was wandering the Outskirts when she saw them--two men and a... gourd? She was puzzled, so much so that she halted in her tracks, staring openly at the duo (trio?) with confusion. Magic was still a bit of a mystery to the woman, and animate vegetables were something beyond even that. Perhaps she was dreaming. Perhaps she was dead. Would the afterlife be this strange?

It didn't matter. She shook her head and strode forward, curiosity getting the better of her. She wore her typical garb: a grey linen shirt with full sleeves, a black leather vest, black breeches and leather boots. Her dark hair was twisted away from her face in a loose bun, pinned in place with a thin knife disguised as a hairpin. Her hidden knives were firmly in place--two on her forearms and two in her boots--and the large dagger strapped to her right thigh would warn the strange men playing with a gourd not to test her.

She entered the playing field (for lack of a better word) as the pair kicked the gourd around, almost as though it was a ball. She supposed that a target with a mind of its own made for more interesting gameplay. "Excuse me?" she called out, placing her hands on her hips. "Is this a private game, or can anyone join?"

Alistair, Ronin

text. "talk"

Sarya Daemenor
so the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing
Alistair Valentus
Monster Hunter

Age: 32 | Height: 6' 0 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 6 - Int:
Played by: Andy Offline
Change author:
Alistair
I smile to show the pressure of heroes,
and to trick the fear inside me.
"I'm well aware of our duties..."

Alistair replied with a smirk, in a terrible attempt to keep his mannerisms professional, though when Ronin had asked what he was doing there, he hesitated for a moment.

"Right...well..."

It appeared he had something important to discuss with his friend and fellow guildmate when the gourd shot out and instinctively he went after it. Hips torqued, legs set to whip out the pass to Ronin just when a stranger called out to them causing Alistair's legs to tangle and faceplant to a skidding stop.

He laid motionless for a moment turning onto his back with some wincing laughter as he turned and gave Sarya a squinty-eyed look, wiping the dirt from his face.

"Don't see why exclusions should be made...only requirement is to have a name."

Alistair called out to her direction as he gathered himself and slid his foot beneath the gourd and lobbed a pass to Ronin.

"That handsome gentleman with the feet of a weightless angel is Ronin...I'm Alistair. What may we call you?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:

The handsome gentleman with the feet of a weightless angel had paused at the call of another voice, glancing out across the fields and smiling at the sight of Sarya. He shrugged his shoulders and nodded to indicate agreement with Alistair, though as he glanced back to his friend it was to see that he had eaten the dirt in a most spectacular fashion. Ronin did the only appropriate thing, at that point - he burst out laughing, only controlling himself so he could chase after the gourd and tap it towards their new player while Alistair got his feet back under him.

"Whatever you call yourself, you can't be much worse than this one." He grinned, jogging backwards so they could continue the game. The next words that left his mouth seemed to do so automatically, and while Ronin was puzzled, he didn't question them.

"Say," he said. "Have either of you two ever met a god?"

RONIN
JUST WATCH ME