It Was Yours All Along
Sunjata
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nate
There's a shadow just behind me
Shrouding every step I take
Making every promise empty
Pointing every finger at me

For a moment, and only a moment, this feels perfect. That soft contented rush thrumming through him, the heavy warmth in his stomach, the feverish warmth of Sunjata leaning on him. As soon as the other man pulls back, their eyes meet, a cold fist of realization clenches in Nate’s stomach, pushing up into his throat. This... this was a mistake. For both of them, fuck.

Nate steps back, shaking his head as an apology drops from Sunjatas lips, his eyes clouding, his face closing off. ”Don’t.” He says softly, shaking his head. There is still a curve on his lips, what should be a smile but somehow isn’t. He takes another step back, hand still out to offer support if it’s needed, and sighs. ”I shouldn’t have.” His other hand came up to rub at his eyes, like somehow this would all go away if he just rubbed hard enough. Was this him taking advantage of the other man?

”I... here.” He shrugged out of his jacket and handed it over to the other man, figuring it was the least he could do, considering the marks now littering his neck. And not just bite marks, Nate notes with a heavy heart. He really had gone crazy with this, hadn’t he. ”You’re... okay, right? Not hurting? Nothing more than dizzy, maybe?” He didn’t know where exactly the concern was coming from, why he was being so tender, but it only stirred up the guilt more.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
isn't it funny?
how the cold numbs everything but grief?
Don’t.” Ah, but it’s both their faults isn’t it? It should’ve stayed professional, should’ve stayed in the cold room of the Medical College where things would be harder to escalate. Should’ve stayed where they both remained as level headed as could be… But they hadn’t, they didn’t, and he can already feel the cold swirling of anxiety and guilt souring within him. His boot scuffs against the ground, legs feeling like lead as he does take Nate’s offered arm much to his disappointment, stepping away from the wall. And he lets go of Nate when he thinks he can somewhat sort of manage.

The jacket is a surprise, wondering if perhaps it might look worse emerging with Nate’s jacket to hide the bites rather than just owning up to it. But he does it anyway, now that the fire has subsided and the brisk chill of Longheat nights swarm through the Ruin’s, swarm through and chill him entirely that he nearly shivers under the briefest temperature change. “Thanks.” He offers, breathless still, slipping the jacket on to find it a fairly tight fit – Sunjata a bit more broad in the shoulders than Nate was.

Didn’t seem to be a problem against the wall, however.

And he finally levels a look at Nate that’s got a bit more clarity. The questions make his head spin, and he offers a nod to that, reaching up with a warm hand to rub at his neck, over bites and marks with a breathy, rattling sigh. “For now.” He rumbles with a hoarse voice, rubbing at his throat a bit more, before his hand falls away. “I just gotta figure out what the fuck I’m going to do.” He thinks he’s good enough to walk, finding it easier as the weights lifted in his legs, pushing away from where the wall was, leaning against the other ever so slightly, trying to get his bearings.
if we could light up the room with pain,
we'd be such a glorious fire
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nate
There's a shadow just behind me
Shrouding every step I take
Making every promise empty
Pointing every finger at me

The sight of his jacket on the other man only made things worse, and for a brief second Nate considered changing his mind, asking for it back. He sighs again, taking another step back to give Sunjata room to get his legs back under him properly. Then, he goes still, standing like a statue, not even moving to breathe while he tried to work things through in his head. What the fuck was he going to say to Sam? How was he going to explain this, when they had just had this conversation? At least he had a little bit of time to figure it out so he thought.

Nate’s face is stony when Sunjatas eyes find it again, and the only reason he can bring himself to meet the other mans gaze is because, well, they’re in this shit together, aren’t they? A humourless laugh huffs out of him at the for now, because he’s not really in the right place to actually be worried about anything beyond right now. His eyes move to watch the way Sunjata rubs at his throat, and finds himself wondering how it feels, if there’s still a touch of the pleasure there, or if it’s all gone now.

”You and me both gotta figure something out.” He grumbles lowly, supporting Sunjata easily for as long as he needs it. ”I think you’re a little more fucked than I am though.” Nate manages to force a little mirth into the words, turning to look towards the settlement. ”You should head back.” He suggests, planning on staying out here a little longer. Maybe beat the shit out of himself, somehow. ”If you can. I’ll... I’m here if you need it though.”
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
SUNJATA
isn't it funny?
how the cold numbs everything but grief?
Nate shouldn’t have to worry about it too much, once they break through the Ruin’s he should have a decent amount of blood rushing through his veins to warm him back up again. He shouldn’t need it then, nor would he want to return home wearing it, regardless. But the feeling fades away as soon as they both come to the realization of what they’ve done, and his gaze finally meets Nates – storm and stone, a wry almost painful smile is given at the laugh.

They’re both absolutely screwed. And he can feel it with the memory as he rubs at his throat, clearing it the best he can before he finally can handle himself on his own, horned head tilting away from Nate with a breathless laugh. “A little?” He almost wants to ask what Nate means by figuring something out – with Phoebe? Or someone else? But he can’t find it in him. Can’t find it in him to admit much more other than what the Ruins hold within, the feeling transferred to Phoebe in the end. No witnesses, no proof aside from the bites.

They breach the opening of the Ruins and Sunjata shrugs out of Nate’s jacket, offering it back with a quiet nod of his head, solemn, frustrated, internally twisting with confusion. “Likewise.” He offers, his stormy gaze slipping away from Nate toward the Settlement, ultimately hesitant. But he does go, after a moment of internal debate.

- FIN
if we could light up the room with pain,
we'd be such a glorious fire
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.