Not quenched until I drown
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAMUEL
Stretch out my life
And pick the seams out
Sam was expected Remi to either toss him into the waves or let him go - the words confused him, but he'd barely begun to frown before Remi punched the expression off his face, force without pain radiating from a sharp point in his jaw as he was forced back onto the sand, hand going to his face as tears began to freely flow. He could only be strong to a point, and as he spit a tooth soaked with leaking fluid on the sand, he knew he'd reached it.

Hand still at his face, shaking breath taken in as he tried to think past the panic, he looked up to Remi. "You...you..." Cringing as his bones clicked when he tried to speak he pressed his lips back together and massaged his jaw. Perhaps he did not feel pain the same way anymore, but the feeling of a friend hitting you so hard was still particularly unpleasant.

He swallowed and considered telling Remi what it seemed he wanted to hear. That he was beyond hope now, a destroyed man, gone. The thing was...it would be a lie. Sam was pessimistic about many things, but he had always wanted to believe in his friends. Even when Jigano disagreed with him about so much, even when Amalia hissed her venom at him...he'd wanted an eventual truce, much like he did here.

And if that meant he had to be the only one to tell Remi who he was, so be it.

"You're one of the best people I know. So willing to help and to learn. Endlessly kind - how many Outlanders have you helped? How soon did you drop all to take care of Aoife? You're clever, too, with your inventions and the things you make. And..." He almost laughed, but it came out as more of a sob as he touched his mouth. "Very strong indeed."
take what you like
but close my ears and eyes
WORDSWORTH
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
walked out this morning and i wrote down this song.
i just can't remember who to send it to
The alchemist snarled as if stung by the words. With wings splayed from his sides, he dropped on top of Sam. Once this would have been a position familiar to the former flames, but now it was a very different sort of fluid that Remi would looking to coax from Sam's body. There was a fire in the alchemist's gut to be sure, but it was one that burned cold and mirrored the pyre Remi and Ronin had placed Aoife's body in.

Aiming another punch at Sam's nose, he'd try and press against the ascended's throat with a fully-clawed hand as the man said the name of she who must never be spoken of. The ascended might not need to breathe, but to cut off one's air supply could still be a symbolic gesture.

"Willing and weak are not the same." Remi spat, his claws unfurling from a tawny paw to press against skin made milky-white in the moonlight. "Say it again Sam and I will kill you. Because I am not kind.  Because none of this matters. Nothing does. Everyone has always told me how strong I am. How powerful now, and you know what? You're right. I am. I don't need you, your approval, your pity, your fucking ear." Remi's life ended when Aoife's did.

This? This was just persistent madness.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
SAMUEL
Stretch out my life
And pick the seams out
Making a noise not unlike a yelp as he was pushed down into the ground, Sam grit his teeth and stared up at Remi, finding himself almost disassociating as he was punched and held down, felt fluid drip from his face, mix with the tears pouring from his eyes. He did not need to breathe, but there was still an inherent human panic in having your throat held.

Voice give me strength, he prayed. Because he knew what he had to try to do, and he knew it could well kill him. This Remi was not the one he knew, was a volatile and dangerous stranger holding his gentle friend hostage - Sam knew he could well be the first in a long list of deaths if Remi's power truly was used for the dark rage inside him.

Was it worth dying for this, though? He wouldn't hurt Remi, but there was no point in making himself a sacrificial lamb in his efforts to save him - he could at least try and make sure he had a chance at survival.

Sam activated his electric barrier, hoping to shock Remi enough to roll out from under him. If he succeeded he paused for a moment, unsure what to do with his freedom; there was only one thing he could think to do. Taking in a breath he didn't need simply because he was now able to, he looked Remi in the eye and began to shout: "Aoife. Aoife, Aoife, AOIFE AOIFE AOIFE!" This was likely an absolutely terrible idea, but Sam knew very well you could not deal with anything by avoiding it and pushing it away. Until Remi faced what it was he had lost, he wouldn't be able to recover from it.
take what you like
WORDSWORTH
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Sam's barrier was powerful, let's not mince words about it. But as Sam and others have gone to great lengths to show, Remi is strong. More than strong enough to take the 20hp blasts from the upgrade. For a while at least.

"Do you think a bit of pain will stop? This is what you asked for Sam." Besides, no pain could match that of a parent who has lost a child. A child murdered in their arms.

Electricity dazzled across his skin, and in response Remi's wings tensed outwards from his body, his muscles locked with the continued shock. His smile too was locked in place, crazed and mad with grief and rage. Sam had said her name, was screaming it now. Weeks ago Remi had said, after the burial of Aoife, that he didn't want to collect trinkets to remember her by. Didn't want to whisper her name into the stars or day dream of whatifs. She was gone, and he was going to leave her there. To hear her name so unceremoniously shouted as if it were a scrap of meat and he a disobedient canine who simply needed to have his attention caught was too much.

It was all too much, really.

And so, with love and disaster sparkling bright in Remi's gaze, he bit down on his tongue against the sizzle of Sam's electrical assault and swiped a clawed hand at the ascended's throat.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
”Now that is quite enough of that.”

A strong arm snakes beneath one of Remi’s wings and across his chest, the other unceremoniously grabbing the back of his pants to pull him bodily off the ailing Ascended. Did that mean he would get electrocuted? Probably. Had he drunk enough wine not to care? Oh absolutely.

Gritting his teeth and staggering back, the hunter let out a hollow little laugh as if to try and make sense of the situation. Because if Remi couldn’t sleep odds are that he couldn’t either, and he had taken himself away to the Hanged Man, for drinks and cards and to flirt with the barmaids in exchange for freebies.

When returning to the beach, he had not under any circumstance expected to hear his daughter’s name screamed across the sands, an insult thrown at him by the sea or some spectre come to judge him. In retrospect it wasn’t a surprise to see Remi on top of whoever owned the screaming voice, and perhaps he shouldn’t have intervened. Alas, he here was - and Remi was strong, but Ronin was fearless and stupid in his love.

”Oh look. It’s Sam.” Ronin mumbled into the crook of Remi’s shoulder, still grappling him back and away from the other man - or trying to. ”Do me a favour, Sam? Shut your gods cursed mouth unless it’s to apologise for screeching my baby’s name into the night, yeah?”
one more wish for you

Coding base by Sky!
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
Stretch out my life
And pick the seams out
As soon as the name was out of his mouth (several times over) and he saw the look in Remi's eyes, Sam knew he'd made a mistake - saw the claws coming towards his neck in almost slow motion. He had never been good at knowing magic words, knowing the things to say to diffuse arguments or tension, and it seemed it might cost him his life now.

He closed his eyes, waiting for the painless rip of flesh...then over the rushing in his ears, he heard a familiar voice instead of the sound of his own throat gurgling it's last.

Sitting shocked on the sands as Ronin held Remi back and spoke (Sam barely registered the words in the midst of his upset and relief) he reached up to touch his throat, where he could feel only the smallest scratch where the tip of Remi's claws had grazed his skin. Really, he should have thanked Ronin, but Sam was not in the habit of making good decisions this day.

It felt, as he looked at Remi's husband, that it all clicked together. Ronin had been the one to immediately go to anger, ripping up the temple in senseless destruction, Ronin had been alone with Remi for the last while...the Alchemist had not disappeared due to his own grief. Ronin had shown him how to turn it into anger, a little alchemy of his own, one that cost the rest of the world the kind Remi they had known.

He wasn't strong enough to fight a Demi God - he was hardly strong enough to face Remi.

As best he could, he wobbled up to his feet, stopping only to pick up his tooth, glinting on the top of the sands in the moonlight. Sam took a couple of steps back, keeping his eyes level with Ronins, and did not say anything; was this out of obedience to Ronin's command, or a contempt so great he could not bring himself to say anything? Not sure himself, he only looked to Remi one last time, sighing a tear-logged breath.

"When you remember who you are, I'll be waiting for you." He said quietly, voice wavering and strained, then began to walk backwards away - the second his feet hit a surface that wasn't sand, he'd be invisible, wanting to get out of there and back to safe ground as quickly as possible.
take what you like
WORDSWORTH
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Arms, strong and familiar pull him back and instinctively Remi lurches against them. He is more predator than man now and just as an easy beast will do when restrained, he fights. It's only the sound of Ronin's voice that stills him enough to be pulled off the man whose throat he was trying to tear open. Pity that. He and Sam could have had matching scars.

WhEn U ReMeMbeR wHo u R, I'Ll bE WaItInG 4 u. Remi snarled at that, like Sam was some fucking pop-song lyric crooned out into the night. Like he hadn't egged Remi on and screamed his dead daughter's name for all to hear.

"I would have killed him, you know." Remi said tonelessly, wrapping an arm around Ronin's waist to steady his counterpart much as commit to the idea of leaving Sam behind. The words weren't said as an apology or a token of appreciation though, far from it. Instead it was more like one who very nearly was able to take care of some bothersome rodent. Ahh well, a task for another day, then.

~FIN.