'til my troubles got trouble with me
Ronin!!!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
the sea speaks a little more honestly
It’s his understanding, after a bit, that the man he’d seen at the beach with Remi was the infamous Ronin he’d heard so much about. Safrin’s Fallen Star. The Dark Star. And despite the fact that Sunjata’s found the ocean again, could spend time in the surf, sand at his feet – well, he too feels a bit of that darkness warring and raging within. The wedding, the failure at Fiat Lux, the illness within him that vibrates and fluxes with his understanding of things the more exhausted he gets.

But he’s got the ocean at his fingertips, and he finds he doesn’t care anymore. Nate’s not here to get on his ass about anything, and he’s feeling surprisingly great health wise beneath the sun and sands. So it’s to nobodies surprise that the first place he scouts out aside from the shoreline, is the bar of this place, wearing a sleeveless shirt and his tattoos on full display, horns as well as he’s incapable it seems of getting rid of them, and the slightest bit of elongated canines that he can feel each time he talks, all just a part of him now.

He’s got a mission, at the very least, asking for a drink and scanning the area with a shadowed steel gaze for the tall dark stranger he’d heard much about – understanding to some extent the frustration and pain the other man is facing, though he won’t admit it. He’d at least like to know him, rather than just in passing.
to those who are willing to drown
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
the dark star
Know him?

Careful what you wish for, Jata.

The sack of bloodied... somethings landed on the bar next to the Attuned with a nasty sort of clacking sound, and it attracted the attention of the barman far more quickly than any patron ordering a drink. The owner of the sack was also a little worse for wear; Ronin had taken a job to hunt down a particularly nasty crustacean tormenting fishermen along the shoreline. No one had told him that the crab was the size of a large dog though, or that it would try to pinch his fucking arms off.

Whatever. It was dead now.

Waving off the heartfelt thanks and shoving the bag of crab legs across the counter, Ronin accepted his payment in the form of a satchel of supplies and a strong drink. The drink was the main thing he was after. Sidling onto his bar stool, hair ruffled and windswept, bare chest covered in welts and pinch marks and scars, he took a healthy swig of his drink.

”No midwife today,” he said roughly, the tone faintly mocking. It was not difficult to realise he was directing the comment at Sunjata.
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Unsuccessful in his initial perusing the crowd, his gaze flits back toward the bar at hand. Seeing how different and yet how similar it is in comparison to his own back at the Grounds. It’s a breath of fresh air, however, out of the darkness of what the past season has brought upon it – to the sunshine here. At least it is until the loud, wet, thump of something hits the bar beside him, blood splashing up along the bar and his arm.

He’s too caught up in the confusion over what’s inside the bag, to truly care about what coats his arm. For a moment, he debates ignoring it completely – getting his drink after the man beside him gets his own. He understands, honestly he’d rather take that off the bar than to help someone that had hardly a thing to offer. But when he does, he finally turns to look at the man beside him, rubbing his arm briefly on his pant leg to get the blood off.

No midwife today.’ And wow, that was a great conversation starter. At least he’d found Ronin without having to do too much, but the initial conversation topic wasn’t exactly a pleasant one, and he snorts as he too takes a deep drink of his own, tilting his horned head toward the other man. “Thankfully.” It’s a quiet admission, but one nonetheless, before he turns to look more fully at Ronin and what he’s done, spotting the welts and scars and pinch marks, and he shrugs his tattooed shoulders with a quiet sigh. He’d heard the slight mocking, and if he were in a better mood perhaps he wouldn’t give into it so much. But he’s not (specifically because of the Phoebe comment), and so he does. “Temple destroyer to crab hunter? A bit of a downgrade if you ask me.” He says perhaps a bit flatly, taking another deep drink from his glass.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the dark star
”Awh, got a little trouble in paradise huh?” Ronin’s laughter was soft and mostly hidden by his drink, but it was nonetheless audible. Putting the glass down and glancing sidelong at Sunjata, he let himself look at the other man properly for what was probably the first time. Like something out of a gods damned fairytale, he was easy on the eye but Ronin couldn’t help but get the tryhard vibe from him. Oh, and then he joined the game with a little quip of his own.

”Well lookit you with the big ol’ balls in here,” he said, sounding proud of him. ”Why, to shine the light of judgement upon me, you must have destroyed at least two Temples. Only... here’s the thing.” Providing he wasn’t shrugged off completely, Ronin would sling an arm around the other man’s shoulders, leaning in close with the smell of blood and salt and rum.

”I don’t give a fuck what you think, you horned prick,” he whispered, lips pressed intimately to the shell of Sunjata’s ear.
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Trouble in paradise? Maybe if there was a paradise to be sought. But Sunjata doesn’t give into that little barb, focused too intently on his comment about temples and crabs (not, perhaps the smartest decision, but Sunjata was completely out of those already), that he can’t help but to let it fall from his lips, gaze shooting over to Ronin when the Dark Star speaks.

And Sunjata snorts to it.

But he remains, balance off out a small amount, ring clinking against the glass as he clutches it tighter and Ronin’s arm swings over his shoulders, drawing the attuned in close. A dark chuckle leaves Sunjata at that, tilting his horned head to Ronin slightly, a shrug of those tattooed shoulders. “Great, that makes two of us then.” He rumbles, not caring what Ronin thinks either. “Good to finally meet you though, Remi always mentioned how I had to see you for myself.” He turns his head toward Ronin with a raised brow. “I gotta say, though, I expected a bit more.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
the dark star
Sunjata tilting his head caused his horns to bonk slightly against Ronin's skull, something that brought a snort of amusement from the hunter. Sitting back, he regarded the other man and raised an eyebrow, looking him up and down in return before promptly draining his glass. That Remi had spoken about him was, like, super flattering, and he bared his teeth in a grin at Sunjata and leaned an elbow against the bar.

"No you didn't," he said bluntly. "And by the things growing out of your head, you liked exactly what you expected." Blowing him a kiss, he tapped the bar for a second drink. "So tell me what the deal is with the midwife? You're here at the beach in the sun, all alone... and yet you're here. With me. The guy who was exactly what you expected."
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
So far so good, he decides, despite the accidental knock of horns. Sunjata sips from his drink as Ronin snorts, turning to face him more fully while Sunjata let’s his steel gaze wash over Ronin too. And despite what’s happened, with everything Sunjata can’t help the fanged smirk along his face at that, struggling lightly in response. “He did mention you were the best looking guy in the Grounds.” He sets his near empty glass on the bar top, turning toward Ronin. “I wonder if that covers Torchline too.” A playful tone at first, finding surprised amusement in the shift of the tension.

The blown kiss is definitely a good addition though, and Sunjata’s smirk grows a bit brighter until it slightly scowls at the mention of Phoebe and that whole ordeal. “Mmm, yeah. The midwife trashed my bar.” He shrugs lightly as though it didn’t mean much. “So there isn’t a thing with her anymore. Glad of it.” Finishing off his drink, he looks back over at Ronin. “What about you, Starboy? No Remi in sight either.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
the dark star
"Oh did he now? I'm not sure how true that is any more - and Torchline is a fairly big place, so I'm sure there are a lot better looking guys than me hauling crab legs around." He snorted and accepted his second drink, tipping it to the bartender before taking another sip. That Phoebe had trashed Sunjata's bar, however, caused an eyebrow to raise on Ronin's part. "I didn't even know you owned a bar," he said. "Sorry to hear that - with respect though, shouldn't you be there instead to... y'know. Make it not trashed?"

Given that Sunjata hadn't even used Phoebe's name, he got the impression that he either cared very little that there wasn't a thing between them anymore, or he cared a lot. Ronin didn't really give a damn either way. "Contrary to popular opinion, Remi and I do not have to be joined at the hip everywhere we go, and," he lowered his voice, like it was a secret, "we're still married, even when we're in different places." Grinning and tipping Jata a wink, he shifted to face the counter again. "He will be there when I cart myself back to the beach, and that's good enough for me."
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He’s honestly got nothing more to say to the initial comment Ronin gives, finding a hum of amusement slipping from his throat instead. The mention of the bar though, has his shoulders rising and falling in a small shrug. “I made one after the Rathskeller burned.” He reaches for his glass to finish the drink, setting it back on the bar top and sliding it over. “It'll get there with or without my help. And I wanted to go for a swim in the ocean so.” He turns in his seat enough to spin around with his back to the bar, long legs stretched out before him.

Ah, is that so? Shame.” He snorts, shaking his head. There’s no seriousness in it for him, but he can’t help keeping the jest to himself as it rolls off his tongue, ignited only by the wink and grin Ronin sends his way. “Ahhh, the beach. A dream.” He rumbles, tilting his head back slightly and glancing over to Ronin. “What other sort of monsters are in the waters here? Anything whale eating?” He asks, partially excited to find out, partially not sure he wants to. But he wants to actually enjoy his orca shift just once at the very least.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
the dark star
"Ah, yes. I forgot about that - I was a little preoccupied with the guild burning, myself." Longnight seemed a thousand years away from now, and Ronin regarded that pain as something lesser, besides. His rage on the Temple had marked almost a second death for the hunter, and all that had come before it didn't seem to matter very much. "And did the ocean live up to your expectations?"

Raising an eyebrow at the passing comment, however meaningless it might be, Ronin couldn't help but grin into his drink as he lifted it to his lips once more. The beach, a dream? Perhaps once upon a time it had been, for him. Not so any more. "Whale eating? Only other whales, I think. There are creatures out there called ghost whales. I'd not really want to go near any of them. Otherwise you might be good."
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Plenty of fire to go around.” He comments a bit offhandedly. Fire and blood and darkness. Too close to home and yet not quite close enough. At least there’d been enough booze to go around even after the bar itself burned, and Sunjata had partaken in it quite a bit in order to ward off the feeling. “The ocean always does.” At this, Sunjata chuckles lightly. Salt, sand, gulls, depths of blue… It was always the same, always something to look forward to.

He asks Ronin if there’s anything whale eating, and the response ignites a crooked smirk to cross his face. “Well, fuck. Here I was hoping for a swim.” He gazes out, squinting a bit with a tilt of his head as though he could see the creatures writhing in the deep. His gaze slides over toward Ronin after a moment of consideration. “At least my shift has teeth, might stand a chance. You wanna come be my witness that I didn’t go drown myself if I get swallowed whole?” A dark brow raises, though his voice is laced with humor.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
the dark star
"Mm," Ronin agreed. "I for one plan to be somewhere very far away for Longnight this year. I've had two too many tragedies happen during Deepfrost." He sighed, though quickly took a gulp of his drink to banish away any of the past that tried to sneak through and infect his mind. He wouldn't thank Sunjata for the reminder - luckily enough, the other man was easy enough on the eye and pleasant enough to chat to that he didn't instantly resort to throwing punches.

The ocean had lived up to his expectations (and would have done even if they had not been rock bottom), but that did not make Jata any less correct. "A swim is possible, so long as you aren't planning to go out into the deep, dark blue," he remarked, smirking. "Anything whale eating is hardly going to wander around the shallows. And as a matter of fact, I'd enjoy that quite a bit. Beats sitting here covered in crab blood."
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
I’d be glad if I never had to see snow again.” Sunjata replies honestly, trying to lighten the mood around Deepfrost. But Lusea had died shortly after, early Flowerbirth, and LongNight had happened with blood and fire and too many bodies trapped in the Temple – the structure the man beside him had brought down not a season later. He muses this as he stares out, trying to focus on dropping the topic in favor for oceans and whales and deep dark blues.

He purses his lips slightly, leaning back against the bar with a huff of a groan. “I’d rather not beach myself on the beach.” He mumbles somewhat before he can’t help the slight drop of his head, the huff of a chuckle slipping past his throat. He pushes himself forward a small amount, to get up from the seat and looks to Ronin with a wry smirk. “Let’s get you cleaned up, huh?
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
the dark star
"Same here. Deepfrost will find me on the beach, same as Longheat, with any luck." Ronin polished off his second drink and knocked on the bar to let the tender know he was off. Taking care of critters on the beachfront did enough to keep him busy, and occasionally there was an actual monster to fight which was nice. But all in all, Sunjata had the right of it - long, hot afternoons were made for nothing.

Or swimming, as in their case. "You might not know this, but you can absolutely just swim without shifting. Or just shift back if you get beached." He nodded wisely, rising to his feet as well and snorting at the other man's comment. "Impossible. I'm filthy inside and out," he quipped, before heading out of the bar.

~FIN
a monster in my heart
a ghost inside my chest
RONIN