Make It All Better
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
SAMUEL
i am the ocean, crawling madly at your moon.
and with one wanton whoop —
"...Yes, mother." Sam lowered his head, signalling acquiescence as he had nothing else to say. He could only pray she'd hold off on hurting Remi for the moment, decide it was unwise for some tactical reason - he'd certainly keep in mind not complaining about him to her (though this time, given Remi had beaten his face in, it was sort of unfair to judge him for that he thought).

The arm around his shoulder was comforting at least, especially when it came with answers about their souls in the afterlife - curiosity took over. "What...is it like? When we die and stay with you? Are we still able to think...? Is Lucas with you?" It was a lot of questions at once, but Sam spent too much time thinking about death to only have a few.
— i melt into a sycophantic soup,
& all that's left to do, is giggle, fawn, and swoon.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the VOICE
In reality's shadow the blind see best
"It is a reality created just for all of you. A paradise for your minds where you can encounter challenges and learn and be fulfilled." In short, it wasn't the boring ideals of Heaven so often given. Everything was not beautiful and perfect; the world was still interesting for those inside of it.

"He is, yes. As are the others you might have known who have fallen: Aedion, 108, Christopher.." Softly she shrugs. 'Not all can come back. Some prefer to stay with me, some are too damaged in death to be placed back into bodies again."
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
SAMUEL
What The Voice promised did indeed sound better than a benign heaven, a paradise without all the obligatory praising and boring promise of eternal peace. Sam smiled, glad he had somewhere to go after all of his life was through. "The only thing that will make me sad is not being able to see my Non-Ascended friends anymore, but...I suppose I'll probably outlive them anyway." He sighed, this fact often weighing on him.

Still, it was good to know their mother had a plan and a place for them. Sam smiled and went to stand. "Thank you...for helping me. I'll come by soon with the book I've been writing about us to show you?"

Change author:
the VOICE
Softly the Voice nods her understanding. "You very likely will. But imagine even if I gave you the choice, to stay with me or go off to Mort when you do die...do you really think it would be any different for you? That the gods who are so cruel to you here, might suddenly be better?" It was a sad reality to be sure, but it wasn't the Voice who had created the blatent racism of this world. That had been all the doing of the old gods.

Smiling fondly at him, she nods emphatically. "I would very much enjoy that Sam. I can think of no one better to record the history of our family than you."
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
"Oh, no, I...I would choose to stay with you." Sam quickly confirmed, a small smile on his lips though still the sadness remained in his eyes for the moment; it was hard to let go of the idea of his friends slowly disappearing from his life as he continued forever. "Would Mort even take me? Still, even if I did get the choice...I couldn't think of any better place to go than with you."

That she approved of his project was a good thing to know. "Oh, I'm glad. When I have enough progress I'll come to show you...and...perhaps ask some questions, when I know what gaps there are." While he suspected she might not be willing to tell him everything (such as the information about the Core) he hoped he might get to learn some more things, like... "I hope you won't be mad at her for this, but Wessex told me your name. It's beautiful."

Change author:
the VOICE
"Perhaps one day you'll have the opportunity to ask him. Though knowing him, he'd tell you that of course he would. And then he'd lock you up somewhere you'd not be able to tell the others what sort of hell you're in. That's the thing about the keeper of death. He controls what information leaves his realm. Funny how it's always so positive...does that seem realistic to you?" She hums at that, a suggestive shrug following.

Raising a brow, not mad no, perhaps slightly surprised, the Voice's lips twitch up for just a moment as she nods. "Thank you." It's clear she's nothing more to say about that.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
"Oh...that sounds horrible." Sam frowned down at the floor as he imagined it - he'd never met Mort of course, had only heard things second hand..and what The Voice said was true. He'd only ever heard suspiciously good news.

This did bring him to one last question he'd had for a while. "Do you think...it might be worth me trying to go to the Old Gods shrine in the temple, just once? To see if they would talk to me..if they'd be willing to try and find some common ground? I don't...I don't know, I just...I think it'd be nice if we could find some peace. After all, my sister..." He trailed off, assuming The Voice knew about Amalia and the void between them.

Change author:
the VOICE
She considers this for a moment, before her hands fell upon in a gesture of do what you will. On the one hand it was incredibly egotistical of Sam to think that he might accomplish anything that she hadn't been able to. Then again, her bright ones were that way for a reason; they were her and yet apart from her. Anything was possible.

'Sam...This is not just some misunderstanding. Not a disagreement. The old gods believe you lesser. Believe that you are a mistake, an abomination. Would you really have us named so, simply in the name of peace? After all I have done to make you strong, would you throw away centuries of fighting because it is too much for you?" Her tone is soft and without judgement.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
SAMUEL
The Voice's gentle reprimand found it's mark, Sam feeling a hot shame spread over him. He bowed his head and sighed, blinking away tears from the side of him that so wished for the potential of peace. "You're right. I'm sorry. I just...do not like to fight. It's hard for me, to want to hurt people. It's my own weakness, I...I should not push it onto your matters." This said he reached out to touch his Goddesse's hand.

"Thank you. For the healing, and...everything."

Change author:
the VOICE
"Have I asked you to fight Sam? Have I asked you to want to hurt them?" She said softly, her fingers ruffling his coppery hair. "That they are hurt by our actions is their problem. Their blindness and short-sighted ways. Control what you can Sam and for everything else..? Simply let it go."

Squeezing his hand reassuringly, she nodded. With a final pulse of affection and strength for her bright and sweet child, the Voice disappeared.

~FIN