the one who is just there
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
"I used to think about Frey like that too." she said, a hint of a smile in her gaze. "They aren't as one dimensional as most think...but they do a very good job of making it seem that way." she said. For almost every rule with Frey, there seemed to be an excpetion. It took effort to get to know them, but in the end, it was very rewarding.

"They are all different kinds of smiles though." Phoebe said, shaking her head a bit. She placed the kettle back in its spot on the stove before taking up her own cup. The blonde proved easy to herd, following where he led without fuss. But when she was suddenly sprinkled with tea, she gasped and gaped at him. Two could play at that game though, and after a moment of shock she copied the action, flicking some of her tea at him as well. "Fat. Sure. I know plenty who would love to be your kind of fat." she said, a hint of playfulness in her tone.

He really didn't need to coerce her to sit, but he did look terribly pitiful with those puppy eyes. So she set her own cup down before taking a seat next to him, feet curling up under her.
those who are heartless once cared too much
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
HARPER
"In some ways I'm glad they're so similar to us in small ways like that. We certainly aren't one-dimensional either." He recalls Safrin and Ludo both. Very different interactions, but just as fickle and individual as any person he has met. "Though you'll forgive me if I wait a little longer to meet Frey in particular," he grins, chuckling as they move out of the kitchen. Harper will need to build up his confidence to meet someone as forward as Frey.

"Are you categorizing them then?" Azure eyes sparkle with teasing amusement, unbothered by the idea even if he doubts she's being so clinical about something like recording his types of smiles. One of which stretches in a Cheshire grin as she gasps and twirls around beneath his watery onslaught. Only bothering to minimally attempt to dodge as she swiftly retaliates, laughter shuddering through his chest.

As she sits, condensing herself into her own little space, Harper has no such reservations. Tea safely stored, he falls sideways against her, intending to either squish her against the arm of the couch or - if she resists appropriately - to fall into her lap. "You clearly need cuddling lessons. Come here princess," he teases as he makes exaggerated fishy kissy faces and cooing noises at her, dropping all his 'fat' deadweight on Phoebe.
lord don't let me break this, let me hold you lightly
give me arms to pray with instead of ones that hold too tightly
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
She nodded in agreement - that the gods themselves had human-ish traits did indeed make them relate-able enough to feel tangible. Otherwise each encounter might feel as though it were nothing but a dream, which would be very disconcerting. But at his caveat about Frey, she did manage a small, understanding smile. "If you don't wish to meet them ever, I wouldn't hold it against you, and neither would they." she assured. Frey could be terrifying and polarizing. Despite their purview, they weren't the sort for everyone. Frey would certainly be just as pleased to not be visited if one was unsure or tentative as they would be pleased to be called upon for a task of interest to them.

"Not really, but that doesn't mean I don't notice the difference." she said with a bit of a shrug. She didn't have a name or a category or file to record his various smiles, but she could tell the different meanings behind them when she saw them. But he had moved on from the topic quickly himself, half-dodging her retaliation. His laughter didn't elicit any from her, but a hint of a smile did tug at her lips.

Resisting wasn't exactly in Phoebe's nature, with some rather clearly defined exceptions. More to the point - she simply didn't expect to suddenly have Harper draping over her, and so instead of resisting appropriately she simply found herself squished between him and the arm of the couch, a small 'Eep!' of surprise her only reaction at first. The kissy faces and cooing noises though did manage to break through her fog of bitterness, laughing if only out of sheer surprise at the sudden turn of events. "Gone from bashful to making kissy faces, hm? Why are you trying at?" she said in a teasing tone, making no effort to get herself out from beneath him.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
HARPER
"We'll see. I'm still adjusting to literal gods coming down and speaking to you in person." That, and Safrin hadn't necessarily encouraged seeking out the others. He had only gone to Ludo initially because of Kiada's story of her quest, but Harper isn't sure if any of the others would even like him. It's nerve wracking every single time, and he's only done it twice.

But there are more fun and exciting things to do than ponder over gods and worship. Like crushing Phoebe sideways into the arm of the couch! Harper wiggles to and fro on top of her like an eager dog getting comfortable in their human's lap, laughter rolling from his tongue as she yelps. "I have to keep you on your toes! I'm no easy catch," he volleys back playfully, joking along to try and keep that laugh where it rests, the smile on her face.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe hummed and nodded in understanding. "Yes, that does take getting used to." she agreed. There had not been any gods in the world she had been born in, nor had anyone really worshiped anything there. It had all been a very new concept to her when she had arrived in Caido.

"Not an easy catch, says the man who is draped over a woman, making kissy faces at her." she quipped back, a hint of a smirk tugging at her lips as she was further squished into the couch. "Is this how people cuddled where you came from? By tackling and smooshing the other person into the furniture?" she added teasingly. As it was it wasn't the most comfortable, having the arm of the couch digging into her side, but something about the pressure from him laying on top of her was very soothing.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
HARPER
Harper's kissy noises (more akin to duck quacks really with his pursed lips) break apart into chuckles as she throws his previous words back at him. "Hey now, that doesn't mean I wouldn't hightail it if you tried to take me up on it!" One hand prods at her ribs, hoping she's ticklish there like most people. "Don't assume! I am a very complex specimen." He sniffs snootily, tossing his head back. This kind of act had always gotten his kids to smile when they were beaten down and depressed from a bad training session or a failed mission. It's painfully nostalgic.

"I mean...yeah pretty much, at least at first." Laughs at the memories of his students doing the exact same thing, scrunched noses and complaints that couldn't hide the upturn of their lips. Shuffling back so he's not squishing Phoebe as much, Harper merely takes to leaning companionably against her and reaches back for his tea to take a sip. Being close. A physical reminder that she's not alone.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
She knew he meant it as a jest, but she tried desperately not to take offense to his words. Hightail it if she tried to take him up on it...right. No one wanted her to take them up on that offer, as hard as it was to hear. Sometimes what made jokes so funny was how painfully truthful they were. She just wasn't in a place where she was ready to laugh at herself yet. And so, instead of responding, she simply forced a smile, trying to shove away the hurt that was trying to well up. "No assumptions. Got it." she said with a hint of a laugh, though it didn't quite fully break through.

Instead, as he pulled away and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, she simply rested her head against his shoulder. "Thank you, Harper." she said with a quiet sigh as her eyes closed. For now, she was content to sit and try to focus on nothingness.

- FIN
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3