[SE] find a little peace
Samuel!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
REXANNA
paint my spirit gold
They continue to walk as she assures Samuel that Bastien had no indication of whether she went through with her Ascension. It had been an option that he’d asked about, but there was no pressure involved, nothing of the sort. It had been her decision, her choice, and for a woman who came from a world who had little choice given to her, it was an option that was so important to her that she hated the idea that with words and thoughts, it could be turned around.

So she focuses on Samuel’s question, to keep the smile along her face. “I don’t imagine she focuses on us all the time, but I think she’ll likely check in from time to time.” She shrugs lightly, imagining a small ping here and there to ensure they’re still alive, that things are going alright. But she shifts the conversation in an attempt to comfort him, to tell him that it doesn’t really matter in the end what others thought – that they could live with it and be miserable, but she could care less. She was living her best life, after all. And for that she’d always be grateful.

Soon enough, however, he asks her if they should start singing, and she gives him a bright and cheerful fanged grin to that. “Start it off and I’ll try to come up with something.” She cheers to him brightly, excited if not a bit nervous as well.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
So I pray to hands
And I pray to needs
"There are moments I hope she doesn't check in on..." Sam mumbled to himself, a shy smile on his face as he laughed quietly. He loved his Goddess, but there were still things that needed to be private.

This particular moment was not private, but it had the potential to swiftly become quite embarrassing. Sam clasped his hands together and standing with his feet close together, closed his eyes and sang: "I must away now, I can no longer tarry, This morning's tempest I have to cross..." His voice was soft but carried a tune, the folksy melody coming through his reedy tone.

A few lines in, he gestured to Rexanna, hoping she could find a way to join in even if she didn't know the song.

--
Sam is singing this.
And I pray to blades of grass
To find forgiveness in the weeds
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
REXANNA
paint my spirit gold
At Sam’s mumble and shy response, Rexanna can’t help the chime of a laugh that leaves her. “There are many moments I hope she doesn’t check in on me with.” She offers back in response, giggling lightly at the thought. But she focuses on the task at hand, passing it off to follow Samuel’s lead as he begins to sing, waiting a few beats and a few paces to figure out the tone and what not.

He gestures for her to come in, and… Well, she doesn’t know the song, but she begins to try and offer some back up sounds to harmonize with a few of the words, so they carry a bit further, a bit deeper, hands clasped before her – until she gets an idea and continues her own small addition to the song that Samuel sings, reaching for his hand to hold it gently with her own, green eyes bright as she smiles through her own vocals toward him.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
So I pray to hands
And I pray to needs
Perhaps it was far too odd, two Ascended singing together for Safrin, hands held in the field - but that was who they were in the moment. Sam found that as he held Rexanna's hand and sang to a Goddess that he knew hated him, he actually found the bizarre nature of it all quite amusing. It reminded him that there were moments of nuance in the world, parts of it that would always not quite make sense - and that was the beauty of it.

{FIN}
And I pray to blades of grass
To find forgiveness in the weeds
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!