hell to the stars
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
they made a mockery of him once 'look at the walking tragedy' now they whisper when he passes
he's a demon, with a crown of blood
Her fingers trace the navy plumage, and Sunjata’s feathers flex with the movement, navy feathers ruffling in something akin to a very distinguished avian smile. But her comment has him letting go of the bookshelf, dropping to the floor to shift into himself, weathered looking as he leans against it and folds his arms across his chest. “I’m not a goat.” He chuckles lightly with a feigned offense taken.

She would though, you’re right.” He offers with a small shrug, shifting on his feet a small amount. “But I have Safrin to thank for that, and so I do.” He gives her a light smile, thinking on her fondness of Ludo. It was a similar fondness he felt for his goddess, two of the same coins with different faces he supposes.

The bright girl beside him, worshipping a herald of death. While he, horns and fangs and claws bathed in shadow, worshipped a herald of life. “Korofi had no magic or shifters or people like the Ascended.” He begins. “And I arrived here basically the same. An Accepted, until one day I decided I wanted to be something… more.” A nostalgic smile crosses his face before it fades toward something of a smirk. “Safrin showed, kissed me, reached into my chest and changed my soul. Changed me.
does it look like he's still under your control?
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 25 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
You're so cold
but you feel alive
The bird shimmered and changed, and the smile that had begun to grow on her lips widened even more when she found herself faced with the man again. Her eyes widened a touch at his complaint, looking very innocent as they flitted up to where the horns jutted from his head. Her head tilted, a white brow rising up below the fringe. As if to suggest she saw no difference.

Still, when he mentioned Safrin her expression sombered little, the true reverence in his eyes reflecting upon her own face, and in her own wistful smile as she thought of the encounters with Mort's herald. Taking in what he said, she couldn't really imagine what a world without magic would be like.

"No doubt she saw something in you that appealed to her. Perhaps not so much changing you, as bringing out what was already there? There's far more to you than meets the eye, after all." Her smile was a little lopsided, suggesting that perhaps she didn't find the eye to go wanting either... though he already knew that.

"I went most of my life without ever seeing a god," she told him in return, wanting to relate how rare the gifts he'd been given was. "The first time I ever saw one was two years ago, in the deepest hours of LongNight. I was scared, and alone... My eyesight was about to disappear to illness, and I'd been foolish enough to spend the weeks in the Rathskeller instead of with my family. Ludo was the one who came to me then. Who listened, when no one else ever had."

It was not the same, of course, not at all like attuning to the gods themselves. But still - it had taken over twenty years for her to receive a reply. And even now she was so very far away from their graces... even if people seemed to think Ludo showed her favor.

"Ludo embraced me, once," she revealed, a little smile of pure awe glittering at the memory. "When it gave me the shawl. I've never felt anything like it... like being swallowed up in utter darkness. It was suffocating, close... yet I wasn't afraid at all."

Perhaps that was why Sunjata's shadows didn't frighten her. She'd seen something far blacker already.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
they made a mockery of him once 'look at the walking tragedy' now they whisper when he passes
Her initial comment receives an amused smirk, his head tilting a small amount as he regards her. “Is there now?” More to the eye, that is. There’s a playfulness to his tone, but it fades as she continues to speak, a look of shared trauma hidden beneath the surface, cracking through the mask.

That’s why you were so insistent on how important it was to you at the river.” He hums thoughtfully. “I’ve found there’s a variety of darkness. A darkness that’s rough, angry, hollow feeling like eyes are watching you.” He trails off a bit while his mind tries to catch up. “Then there’s the soothing darkness. The one as night has fallen, warm and gentle and kind — a sweet embrace of a sort.” He tilts his head back slightly, accidentally knocking a horn against one of the books — enough that he stands up a bit straighter.

People often think they’re the same, but they’re not.” He gives her a slight fanged smile at that. “The same could be said about light.” He considers her curiously, approaching a step to lift a hand and tuck a bit of her white hair behind her ear if she lets him. “Light can be blinding and painful. Or soft and warm like the sun.” He tips her a wink, withdrawing.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maea Valair

Age: 29 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
His musings about the shawl - safely hidden away in her room, forgotten for perhaps the first time as her concern had been focused on Sunjata - was met with a confirming nod. Indeed, and it was why she usually never left it behind either. Going so far as to wear it despite the heat, in the midst of day, as if afraid it would turn to vapor and disappear if she left it out of her sight.

Ever it was the drunken man's priviledge to wax poetry, and Sunjata seemed to have taken it upon himself to play the role of bard tonight, she thought with some amusement, as his words changed character. Gone were the hard, almost crude words of before, where he'd stated facts rather than spoken, replaced by something far softer and more considerate. Was his mask slipping again? Had the door cracked open again to the person he was inside, behind the flirting and the jesting, the seeming callousness? Maea didn't mind it in the slightest if it did, or if this was the result; what he said felt true enough. Made her think of moonlit nights, of drifting mists over lonesome meadows, where the two extremes seemed to finally find a balance.

In the midst of all the pictures he painted for her, he inched closer, reached a hand for her hair. Tucked it behind her ear, the touch so light that it tickled. Made her shiver, ever so slightly. Though the gesture surprised her, she did not object. It reminded her of before, brought back a moment spent floating in still, comfortable silence, with sunlight flooding the sky and pale clouds drifting overhead. The shadows had been cool and soothing that time, more a shelter than any kind of threat.

He withdrew again. Winked, as if to turn what he'd just did into a joke rather than... whatever it was he'd meant. She wondered what he saw when he looked at her. If it was somehow different from what her own reflection told her. What kind of light, what kind of dark? Slowly, almost thoughtfully she raised a hand from the book and rubbed her cheek, where his fingers had just barely grazed the skin. Maea wasn't sure if she would be able to answer such a question of him, if asked. Sometimes she thought he might be the answer to a question she'd never thought to ask... and sometimes she was afraid that knowing the answer might be worse than never having asked at all.

"Are you... going to be alright?" So soft a question, so quiet the concern as she gazed up at him. Quite close by, within reach if she stretched out her hand to try. Ever so slightly her weight shifted forward. Pulled in, though not quite daring to close the distance.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
His fingertips brush by her cheek gently in his careful attempt to brush her hair away from her face to tuck it behind her ear, and he wonders if it’s the alcohol taking a bit of control or whether she’d actually shivered or not when he withdraws. He lets his stormy gaze drink her in yet again, the softness to her lips, the paleness to her neck, the sounds she’d made as he kissed her. He sighs somewhat, trying to push away the memory.

And he watches as she reaches up to brush at her cheek, lifting his head up to look away, out and over the Guild with a huff of a sigh at her question. “I don’t know, maybe. We’ll see.” A slight shrug at that, but when he looks closer to her and sees her drift closer, hesitant, and he offers a slightly crooked smile.

His arms unfold from his chest and he closes the distance to wrap her in a tight but gentle hug, arms wrapping around her shoulders, drawing her into the soft cloth of his shirt, into the hard muscle beneath, one hand finding her hair to rest along the back of her head. “Time should help. And figuring out what I’m doing with my life before I get my ass handed to me again.” The way he tries to joke about it is almost strained, almost pained, but he exhales briefly as he moves to let her go, fingers trailing down her arms to her hands.

Do you want to stay tonight?” His voice is soft, gentle, curious — and he tilts his horned head in a silent question as he lets his gaze seek out her pale colorless eyes for an answer.
SUNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
Always he was honest. Maea couldn't recall that he had ever lied to her. If she allowed herself, she could even admit that there had been no deception in the way he'd taken off a ring and placed it back onto his finger again. That was the thing. Always so honest in every singular moment, acting on heart and what felt right at the time. It was when you stepped back and looked at it from a distance that it became a pattern, a mess of broken hearts and shattered bars. Giving all you had wasn't always the right answer.

But she chose to forget that for a moment, as he responded to her mute request and pulled her into a hug. With a deep sigh that was curiously like relief she melded into his arms, slipped her hands around his waist to hold him in turn. Leaning her head against his chest, she breathing in the scent of him - of clean shirt and sweaty body, of booze and smoke and the faintest hint of water, almost drowned out by all the rest. Maea thought it felt a little like coming home. Like she'd been away for a little too long, and finally could sink back into a favorite chair. He would not appreciate the analogy though, she thought with a little grin, hidden against his shirt.

"Just take all the time you need, Sunjata. One day it will be alright again... but until then you're allowed to feel as shitty as you like," she answered him, giving him a little squeeze.

It would have been very easy to just stay like that, forget that anything had ever been wrong or painful. He pulled back too soon, and Maea only reluctantly lifted her chin to look at him. The hands around hers were warm, gentle, just like his voice. Just like his eyes, when he asked if she wanted to stay.

"Do you want me to?"

And the answer he sought was there when she gazed back up at him. She could stay, if he wanted the company. If he needed someone to fill the silence, stave off the dark for a while. If this simple act of staying close was enough. But... she would be sleeping in a different bed. He was not the only one who needed time.

Because... this could be nothing more than a crush, a simple infatuation that would dissolve and fade like morning mist. But maybe, just maybe it might be the start of something too. And she didn't want to ruin it by rushing into anything. Didn't know if her desire to be close to him could endure his need to roam free as he pleased, a wave happy to kiss any shore it found. She didn't want to be the jealous girl, the one who was never content, who couldn't share or let go.

She didn't want to become another Phoebe to him.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The embrace goes on longer, and he can feel briefly the smile she gives him, can hear her voice slightly muffled by the way she aligns into his chest, feel the gentle squeeze she gives him — careful enough to not really hurt the bruising, but still enough to remind him of it. And he wonders in that small amount of time if anyone had told him to take his time with things… Had given him the option.

He doesn’t comment on that, instead choosing to pull away until calloused hands meet her own, steel gaze searching pale colorless eyes for an answer to the question — do you want to stay? — answered with her own question, but he can see it in her eyes. That she would, if he did, and he offers her a slight boyish smile at that. “Yes.” She can take the bed and he can take the couch, it doesn’t bother him any.

Somewhat reluctantly, he lets go of her hands. Turning toward the bed and the couch, ensuring the bed has enough furs and what not within it to keep her warm, snatching one from the side to put onto the couch, wondering how warm he’ll end up getting laying on it — if he’ll kick it off in the end anyway — before he sits on the arm of the couch and feathers with an arm toward his bed. “You can take the bed.” He says softly, before settling into one of the seats of the couch to remove his boots.
SUNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
The smile she offered at his reply, at the simple 'yes' that really answered everything for both of them, was warm, if perhaps a little shy. She was equally as reluctant to step away as he seemed to be at letting go, and the cool air of this underground shelter made goosebumps flare over her arms. So cold, compared to the warmth she'd been flooded with in his arms.

"Are you sure you'll fit on the couch?" she asked, when offered the bed. She looked between it and the couch with some doubt, measuring them both and compared to his long, muscular frame. "No need to be considerate, I'll fit anywhere." She indicated her own small frame. No doubt she could have been hoisted up into one of the shelves like some odd ornament, a slightly oversized doll brought temporarily alive.

Regardless of where she would end up sleeping, the girl followed Sunjata's example and began to remove the bulkier layers - which wasn't much, considering the season. It felt strange to take off boots and unbutton the dress with another person in the room, behind her turned back. Rather intimate, in a way she had not felt before. Even at the farm while in the care of her brother and his family she'd had a room of her own, the luxury of privacy whenever she wished it... Though she supposed it was for the company she was still here.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He can tell she’s sizing him up, and he’d be lying if he didn’t find it somewhat entertaining. “I can fit in a variety of places, thank you.” He snorts to her, shaking his horned head and still moving over to the couch. “I think you’d appreciate the bed a bit more, anyway.” A rise and fall of his shoulders before he sits to remove his boots, setting them off to the side with a quiet thud. Though he doesn’t voice the reason why he thinks she’d appreciate the bed, he can’t help but to think on it a small amount. The fact the couch was more of a central meeting place, gathering for his members, the bed was mostly his in a way. She’d notice the smell of water and smoke and salt, faint as it were, scents of him throughout.

She has her back turned to him as she goes to remove her outer clothes, and he watches her for a brief moment until she gets toward the closer under layers — averting his own gaze to take the advantage of her back turned to slip out of the pants he wears and to put on a pair of shorts, slipping the cloth shirt off now that he’s realized he’s probably going to be too warm to sleep decently with all the layers on. And when he’s comfortable enough, he slides back into the couch with a quiet hum of a wince leaving his throat, the bruises along his spine pressing against the bumps of cushions with the movement.

He faces the ceiling, pulling the blanket over himself, legs drawn up ever so slightly to keep his feet from hanging off the end. “If you get too cold you can take a few more blankets from the drawer to the side.” He offers her, placing a hand behind his head and closing his eyes, an attempt at quelling the thoughts swarming his mind from the events that had transpired. He knows he won’t get too cold, too much of a furnace — especially while he’s as drunk as he is — he’ll likely end up kicking off the blanket at some point through the night.
SUNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
Humming with lingering doubts, she did not press the issue. If he wanted to be uncomfortable it was his choice, entirely self inflicted - as per usual. As discreetly as she could Maea made herself ready for sleep, peeling off layers and braiding away the hair, setting light shoes aside with neat precision. Her thoughts were scattered as she went through the motions, equal parts confused over where she'd ended up and happy to be there. Going to retrieve one more blanket to have at hand just in case, she glanced over at Sunjata, found him already stretched out on the couch... and smiled at the way he had to twist to keep all of him within its boundaries.

"Oh, I see you fit very well indeed," she teased, amusement making her face lighten from the earlier somberness. "If your back is not killing you now, then I bet it will in the morning." She thought of the bruises, wished she had that healing touch instead of the ice. But then, she wasn't sure he'd let her use it on him anyway. Stubborn, that goatboy.

Turning to the bed, the girl slipped down beneath the comforters and furs, feeling already too warm amongst them, even with only the thin shift left on. It took some shifting and stirring before she settled, curled up on her side with a hand under the head and the other resting by her chest. Even then, nestled under the thinnest of the blankets, she had trouble relaxing. The scent of him was everywhere, familiar enough to recognize yet different enough that she noticed, and couldn't ignore it. Somewhat comforting, plenty nervewracking... but mostly she thought of how he must have spent nights in this bed recently, for his presence to linger. He'd scheduled a training for her at night before, excused himself when she complained that he did not want to go home. Something tightened in her chest at the awful loneliness of it.
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He can hear the amusement in her voice, and he shakes his head a small amount, though a smile sparks on his face. He keeps his eyes closed, hand under his head, listening to the quiet sounds of Maea getting comfortable within his bed. “I think it’s going to kill me either way.” He offers, voice tired and with the briefest hint of a deep ness akin to a growl. But she shifts to get comfortable in the bed, and he turns to lie on his side as well, back to her with the blankets drawn up tight, legs tucked up into him somewhat, as much as he can.

He’s quiet for a while, listening closely to see if she’s sleeping or not, before he tries to focus on other sounds, tries to focus on the room not spinning quite so much, realizing he should have eaten something at some point today. Tucking his head in a bit tighter against the couch pillows and the blanket, he cocoons himself somewhat with the pressure of it all, inhaling a rattling breath that he exhales slowly out his nose.
SUNJATA
Maea Valair

Change author:
You're so cold
but you feel alive
"Poor wounded boy..." But for all that she tried to maintain the joke, there was enough compassion in them to turn it into something else. Meant to comfort, sympathise...

Silence fell over them after that. A restless, thoughtful silence at first, but eventually Maea's breathing evened out into sleep. If the man lay awake she knew nothing of it, caught by her own weariness of body and mind. The nightmares came, as usual, and made her toss and turn in the too-big bed, muttering inaudible things under breath... but for once she was able to sleep through the remainder of the night.

Only once did she come too, briefly roused as a big, dark shape of silken midnight fur and glowing eyes climbed onto the edge of her bed. There was a moment of stepping around, of settling... and she kindly decided not to kick him out again, as Sunjata seemed content to remain a panther, resting much like a dog at her feet.

She could tell him what she thought of it in the morning.

------

- FIN
lay your hands on me
one last time
MAEA