Cold Comfort
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
And hung from the rafters
The stratagem swings
"What if they do not care to go to Mort's realm?" Morgan asked, more as a thought experiment than anything else. She didn't care about the souls of the Ascended, didn't care about whether or not access to Mort's realm was easy...but she couldn't help but wonder if the Gods allowed choice in this matter. "What if any soul wished to stay here, on Caido? Like the one you just helped -- if he wanted to remain?"

Delphia seemed (creepily) happy about dying; Morgan found it unsettled her. "I see. Well. You seem busy. Shall I leave you to your work?"
Born from the ashes
Of counterfeit kings
MORGAN
Base Code by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 14 - Int:
MORTICIA - Mythical - Cat Sith (Soul Stroll)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
DELPHIA
She hummed in thought but shook her head slowly. "Souls do not wish to stay in this realm without purpose. That man was held here by concern for his family. I have seen souls waiting for their loved ones to pass, so they might greet Mort together. But when you die, you know you no longer belong here. It is uncomfortable and disconcerting." she explained, gesturing out towards the water. "They are not like these spirits. They have always exisited in this plane, hovering between life and death, not quite gods nor demons, neither alive or dead. They stay because it is where they belong. Does this make sense?" she asked, curious if it made sense to someone else.

But the suddenness with which she wished to go was... familiar. Her expression softened, but her eyes were filled with melancholy. "I've made you uncomfortable." she said. Not a question. A statement. This was not the first nor last time she would encounter such discomfort in her presence.
the trouble is: you think you have time
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
The stratagem swings
"I see. Yes, it makes sense. To be dead in the world of the living is likely disconcerting, just as I would not like to be alive in the land of the dead." While she still wasn't totally sure her soul would want to go to Mort (was there some other third option...?), she could see why a spirit of a dead citizen would not wish to stay on Caido.

The directness that Delphia used when stating the obvious was surprising, though Morgan actually found it quite refreshing; it paused her steps way. "...Yes. Most people are not so content when discussing their own deaths. Even I, who have fought many times and come close to it, do not revel in the idea of my final moments." Who could? It meant no more goals to achieve, no more mountains to climb, ideas to conquer; just an eternal, boring rest.
Born from the ashes
Of counterfeit kings
MORGAN
Base Code by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Age: 30 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
DELPHIA
Delphia laughed, a haunted, echoey sort of sound. "Indeed, to walk amongst the dead would be very disconcerting for a living person." More so than the Captain likely realized. But she was one with the spirits of this place. Perhaps her encounters with them had taught her more than the demi-goddess gave her credit for. But she wouldn't get to think on it long, as the conversation became all too familiar.

She hummed, eyes casting out over the frozen water again, sadness shining clear in them despite her calm expression. For a moment she was silent, before sighing quietly. "I have already died once." she explained quietly, a slight shrug of her shoulder. "Mort placed my soul in the womb of my mother so I might have a second chance at life. I have already lived far longer than I was ever intended to." she said, turning to smile sadly at Morgan. "Death and I are inextricable, it is what gave me life. And it is why many, such as yourself, are uncomfortable with my presence. I had hoped though that..." she paused, humming as she shook her head. "It does not matter. I am glad to have met you, and sorry I made you uncomfortable."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
The stratagem swings
Morgan did not mention it, not one for a lot of glib comments, but she idly thought that sometimes being among the well-to-do of Halo was not dissimilar to walking among the dead. Nothing behind their eyes, no care for life left.

"..I see." Was all she could say to Delphia's rather bizarre story of how she came to be; Morgan was not sure how truthful it was, but she was not going to expend her time and energy trying to find it out. "You do not need to apologise. It is not your responsibility to make me comfortable about your existence. Still, I believe I should leave."
Born from the ashes
Of counterfeit kings
MORGAN
Base Code by Sky!
Delphia Thanatos
Seer

Change author:
DELPHIA
Delphia smiled a little, the sad look still clear in her eyes. She was used to this sadness, used to the odd looks and stares and whispers - it was why she much preferred the Fae who did not hold against her the oddities of her being. She had hoped Morgan would perhaps extend the same understanding, spiritual as she was. But clearly she had been mistaken, and she was just as unnerved by her as even her own kin were.

"Of course. I shan't keep you longer." she said, glancing behind Morgan, eyes narrowing slightly as she stared off into the distance. "A small group of young male Ursurs are prowling about the main path to the citadel. I would suggest you take the long way around." she said, hearing the whispered warnings of the spirits laying dormant in the ice.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
The stratagem swings
Morgan looked behind her at Delphia's warning; unlike the previous statement this one did not unnerve her. She had often listened to the spirits warnings herself, after all, knew how to read the whispers that could come through the wind and waves. "Thank you. I will be cautious." Ursurs were not so much of a worry, when you knew how to handle them, but it was still better to avoid them when she could. Besides, the longer walk would give her a while to think on what she had learnt.

"I wish you well, then." Nodding she took a step back then turned to walk around to the Citadel, unsure of what to make of the daughter of Mort.
Born from the ashes
Of counterfeit kings
MORGAN
Base Code by Sky!