snow warning
the Firebrand
Headmaster / Grand Healer

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 33 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 39 - Int:
ASTRA - Mythical - Luxere
Played by: Crooked Offline
Change author:
MP: 3415
LOREN
Loren found his lips twitching with amusement. ”You have no idea.” There was actual humor in his voice, dry as it was.

For the first time in the conversation, he hesitated. A shred of actual emotion bled into him (granted, it was nervousness, but it counted) as she asked about his relationships and thoughts about both Zariah and Peter. Finally, the healer sighed. ”I do. And I assume you want to hear them.”

Tilting his head he took a deep breath. ”Please note that these are just my personal opinions, and as such may be biased, especially given my previous interactions with both.” Pausing, his eyes searched the Captain’s features.

”Zariah is highly competent, especially when it comes to magic and tactics. However, she rarely listens to others’ opinions, likes to think of herself as in charge of every situation she finds herself in, and responds to most provocations with force.” Biting his lip, he sighed, hoping none of this got back to the Archmage (and knowing she’d have more than a few choice things to say about him).

Letting that sink in, Loren was much more willing to speak of the spymaster. ”Peter is quite different. Despite his timid speech and demeanor, he is incredibly loyal, and more than capable in a crisis and at any task you set before him.” Tilting his head slightly, he sighed again. ”However, he will not ever tell you when he’s encountered a problem unless he is confronted about it and will let situations persist far longer than they should until forced to deal with them through outside pressure.” Both assessments were quite honest.
But don’t be weary if it’s broken
Families are like that—
they’re split up and always torn.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MORGAN
Morgan gave out a short off of air that could of been a laugh at Loren's resigned attitude towards the Gods, as it so matched her own.

She listened to his detailed opinions with great interest, paying careful attention to his body language and tone as he spoke to see if he was being entirely truthful. It seemed he was not afraid of being honest about his associates flaws, at least. "I see. Thank you." Morgan stood and looked out into the street for a moment, brow furrowed as she thought over what he had said.

"I worry that if Zariah possesses such power, yet so little care for sensible planning, she might ruin us." Morgan sighed, shook her head. At least Pet's issue sounded like one she could train out of him. "Neron does things...differently from the way I am used to. I must learn to respect it, as he was chosen. But I am not sure I will ever understand."
There will come a time, you'll see
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Age: 29 | Height: 5' 11' | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
LOREN
Letting out a slight sigh of relief, Loren nodded in response to Morgan's thanks. "You're welcome." He waited patiently, hands clasped behind his back, incase Morgan had any follow up questions.

She didn't, but what she did say caused his eyes to widen slightly. "I'd be careful who and where you say that." Though his voice came out in a whisper, there was a great deal of urgency behind it. "My cousin is not particularly open to criticism."

Sighing, continued speaking in a quiet voice. "As for Neron, my brother values loyalty and competence above all else, both of which I'm sure you possess else he wouldn't have appointed you his Captain. If you do have concerns about the Archmage, I urge you to bring them up with him in private and in confidence." His eyes studied her features, hoping he'd see some sign of understanding in them.
Families are like that—
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
MORGAN
Loren's panic at her words, his widening eyes...Morgan could not help her laugh, sharp and loud, cutting across the street, though when she spoke again it was quiet. "She may not be, but I will give it. I refuse to be scared by a girl with some flashy powers because she has been given a title for a matter of months." So far Zariah had not impressed her, and Morgan had never been intimidated into not sharing her opinion.

"Have no doubt I will speak to Neron. I do not enjoy gossip so I will not discuss this with anyone else, but I will not be pushed about by your cousins ego." Hoping that point was absolutely clear, Morgan looked Loren up and down, wondering if he let himself be stomped down by his more powerful relatives regularly. "I would advise, if you have entered the realm of Halo's power and politics in genuine faith, that you quickly learn to stand up for yourself."
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Firebrand

Change author:
LOREN
As Morgan laughed, Loren sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. Straightening up to his full height, he looked down on her, using the few inches he had on her to the fullest effect. ”I was merely trying to practice preventative care by helping you avoid wounds. You know where the infirmary is when Zariah is through with you." He did not waver under the Captain's gaze, and his voice came out more sharply than it had before.

Clasping his hands behind his back, his expression subtly changed. The slightly nervous man was gone. In its place was the duke that had gone through the gauntlet of the worst his family could throw at him and emerged unscathed (on the surface, at least). "And I would advise you not to underestimate me. I am the only one among the council who has stood up to my cousin's wrath and never bent to her will. When you realize your efforts with her are futile, perhaps you'd do well to remember that." His words were clipped, and the look he turned on her was unimpressed. "Do not mistake my caution for weakness."
Families are like that—
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Change author:
MORGAN
As Loren straightened up and looked down at her, Morgan fixed him with a steely gaze despite her shorter height. She did not laugh again, but there was still a rather sarcastic smile on her face as Loren suggested Zariah might actually manage to seriously wound her at some point. If she did, she wouldn't live to tell the tale.

"Caution is valuable. Being cowed like a little boy by your cousin is cowardice and little more." With that said, she felt this was a good point to end this conversation. Having an argument in the middle of the busy street was hardly a good look for the Captain. Morgan took a step back and nodded, raising her voice to say: "Goodbye, Healer." Before turning to walk back to the Palace.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3